Dallas/Dallas Metro Development News - Page 81 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Texas > Projects and Construction

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 19th, 2015, 07:34 PM   #1601
WesTexas

Likes (Received): 286

TXDOT took over that and is going to build a basic bridge with some fancy decorations.
Go FC Dallas

DTID
WesTexas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 19th, 2015, 08:55 PM   #1602
Joshua Dodd

Likes (Received): 1615

Some news about the Bullet train between Dallas and Houston:

"Texas Central Railway said it has informed the Federal Railroad Administration that it prefers to build tracks dedicated to the project along land reserved for high-voltage electric transmission lines, a route that the company had dubbed the 'Utility Corridor.'”

http://www.texastribune.org/2015/02/...houston-route/
Joshua Dodd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2015, 10:07 PM   #1603
dollaztx

Likes (Received): 981

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesTexas View Post
TXDOT took over that and is going to build a basic bridge with some fancy decorations.
Do you have a link of the design?
dollaztx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 20th, 2015, 10:16 PM   #1604
WesTexas

Likes (Received): 286

No, just articles I have read where they talked about the lack of funding what TXDOT would do.
Go FC Dallas

DTID

jonathaninATX liked this post
WesTexas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2015, 11:59 PM   #1605
dollaztx

Exclusive: Granite Properties to double the size of Granite Park with 3 new towers
Quote:
Plano-based developer Granite Properties plans to double the size of its Granite Park mixed-use corporate magnet with three new office towers.

The 90-acre development at the southeast corner of the Dallas North Tollway and State Highway 121 is expected to get three Class AA office towers known as Granite Park Six, Granite Park Seven and Granite Park Eight.

The three new proposed towers are expected to be developed to meet the growing demands of customers and clients relocating to the West Plano submarket. Each tower will be 20 stories with 500,000 square feet of office space.

desertpunk liked this post
Old February 25th, 2015, 12:02 AM   #1606
dollaztx

29-story apartment tower to be built on prime Dallas Arts District tract

Quote:
Developers will build a 29-story residential tower on one of the last vacant sites in the downtown Dallas Arts District.

The project at Flora and Olive streets is right next door to the Museum Tower and a block south of Klyde Warren Park.

The development will have 370 luxury apartments, 39 artists lofts and about 12,000 square feet of ground-floor retail space on the one-acre site between the Nasher Sculpture Center and the Meyerson Symphony Center.

“It’s a dense, urban project,” said Dallas architect Graham Greene, one of the partners in the project. “We took our inspiration from what has been done in New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco in their downtowns.
Quote:
“We anticipate we will start construction in the fourth quarter of this year,” Kubin said. “It will be a 24- to 28-month build out.”

Greene had originally planned on constructing his artists lofts project in a six-story building on Flora. A tower was planned as a future phase.

“Instead of doing it in two phases, we are doing it all at once,” Greene said. “Doing it all in one phase makes for a better-looking building.”

Designed by Boston-based architect Add Inc., the thin tower will sit on top of the six-story loft and retail building.
Old February 25th, 2015, 12:07 AM   #1607
tripleD

Likes (Received): 1645

nice!
tripleD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2015, 12:13 AM   #1608
dollaztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleD View Post
nice!
Downtown has never looked so promising. Love the design. That part of downtown will be really dense especially if Hall's residential tower goes up. There is no doubt now that Uptown is spilling over across Woodall.

JasnoDTX liked this post
Old February 25th, 2015, 01:34 AM   #1609
tripleD

the article was updated. the building is going to be 39 stories not 29

dollaztx, JasnoDTX, desertpunk liked this post
Old February 25th, 2015, 03:43 AM   #1610
Dallas star
Everything Texas

Likes (Received): 374

Finally we get one over +20 again, beautiful tower. It will be interesting to see the Arts District fill up and get rid of those barren surface lots.
Dallas star no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2015, 04:57 AM   #1611
tripleD

the arts district is going to get pretty dense with this tower, the two additional towers craig hall is planning on building and the park district towers! Also the street lights tower is nearby and also the kdc building under construction is nearby. Not to mention the spire towers(dont hold your breath) and arts plaza 2 and 3.

Dallas star, JasnoDTX liked this post
Old February 25th, 2015, 06:36 PM   #1612
JasnoDTX

Likes (Received): 290

Im more excited about the small mountains we're getting... As seen in that first picture We're really comin up! Go D!

And I do love the way this thing is designed. They're finally getting it. You dont have to be overly flashy. I love the modern subtlety. I think they need some of these in the design district...Maybe some cheaper versions.
JasnoDTX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2015, 07:23 PM   #1613
Dallas star
Everything Texas

Likes (Received): 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasnoDTX View Post
Im more excited about the small mountains we're getting... As seen in that first picture We're really comin up! Go D!

And I do love the way this thing is designed. They're finally getting it. You dont have to be overly flashy. I love the modern subtlety. I think they need some of these in the design district...Maybe some cheaper versions.
I agree, I would love to see some 15-20fl affordable housing designed around the CBD too. I feel like developers are afraid to scare of some of the luxury buyers, but perhaps the Cedars, Trinity Groves or area around the Court House would be a good fit.
Dallas star no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2015, 08:42 PM   #1614
dollaztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasnoDTX View Post
The retail on this tower can become the gathering point for visitors in the museums surrounding it. Hopefully they choose some great tenants. An affordable or moderately priced restaurant where visitors can catch a break here would be greatly beneficial to downtown. Museum goers would stay afterwards to shop or eat as well.

I personally don't mind it being luxury apartments. A healthy downtown will always be more expensive than it's suburbs because more people want to live there. But like I said they do need to offer amenities to people who can't afford to live there.

JasnoDTX liked this post

Last edited by dollaztx; February 25th, 2015 at 08:49 PM.
Old February 25th, 2015, 09:12 PM   #1615
dollaztx

J.P. Morgan Chase eyeing Dallas area for huge employment center
Quote:
One of North Texas’ largest financial service sector employers is scouting the local property market for a huge office deal.

J.P. Morgan Chase is considering a plan to consolidate operations now in the Dallas-Fort Worth and from outside the area in a huge new corporate campus, real estate brokers say.

The office project – which most likely would be new construction – could total as much as 1 million square feet, leasing agents who are tracking the transaction say. That’s about the same amount of space as is in a downtown Dallas skyscraper.

If it happens, Chase workers could be moved from all over the D-FW area to the new facility. The New York-based financial giant has large concentrations of employees housed in buildings on the Dallas North Tollway, in Lewisville, downtown Dallas and near Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.
A great candidate for Perot's tower.Although my bets would be on a suburb landing it.

JasnoDTX liked this post
Old February 25th, 2015, 09:17 PM   #1616
dollaztx

Quote:
One of North Texas’ largest financial service sector employers is scouting the local property market for a huge office deal.

J.P. Morgan Chase is considering a plan to consolidate operations now in the Dallas-Fort Worth and from outside the area in a huge new corporate campus, real estate brokers say.

The office project – which most likely would be new construction – could total as much as 1 million square feet, leasing agents who are tracking the transaction say. That’s about the same amount of space as is in a downtown Dallas skyscraper.

If it happens, Chase workers could be moved from all over the D-FW area to the new facility. The New York-based financial giant has large concentrations of employees housed in buildings on the Dallas North Tollway, in Lewisville, downtown Dallas and near Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.
Quote:
Commercial real estate firm JLL is representing the banking and finance firm, leasing agents say. JLL also advised Toyota Motors on its huge headquarters move to West Plano.

desertpunk liked this post
Old February 25th, 2015, 09:33 PM   #1617
dollaztx

DART to explore benefits of moving headquarters
Quote:
Dallas Area Rapid Transit officials will explore the potential cost benefits of moving headquarters, a move that comes as developers redoing an adjacent downtown skyscraper eye the transit agency’s building.
Quote:
Olympic Property Partners of New York’s $175 million renovation of the 52-story former First National Bank tower is the largest building redo in downtown. The developers have talked to DART about including the transit agency’s building in their project. DART’s Akard Station separates the two buildings.
If they do redevelop this building Akard Station is going to be a really busy station considering they're also planning on adding a grocery store on 1401 Elm St across the street.
Old February 25th, 2015, 11:18 PM   #1618
JasnoDTX

Likes (Received): 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas star View Post
I agree, I would love to see some 15-20fl affordable housing designed around the CBD too. I feel like developers are afraid to scare of some of the luxury buyers, but perhaps the Cedars, Trinity Groves or area around the Court House would be a good fit.

Yes! Deep Ellum too! These developers need to realized there's a "lower end" demographic that is'nt necessarily "ghetto" or dangerous. Outsiders complain that Dallas feels like it has no soul or is "too fake". Im a native but I know what they mean. How is the city supposed to develop any character if everything is so super-high end and sanitized for a bunch of arrogant trust fund babies? I personally would'nt mind living in these "lower end" highrises. I've been around all sorts people and found Im more comfortable with down to earth regular-folk than people who are stuck up. And yes I realize not all people with money act like that.
JasnoDTX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 02:05 AM   #1619
tripleD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollaztx View Post

A great candidate for Perot's tower.Although my bets would be on a suburb landing it.
please dont go to plano or frisco! downtown dallas is the way to go

JasnoDTX liked this post
Old February 26th, 2015, 05:33 AM   #1620
Joshua Dodd

Likes (Received): 1615

Wow! This new apartment tower in the Arts District is most certainly a surprise! A pleasant surprise! 39 stories too! Now if we can only get some progress with Perot's signature tower as well as the two 80 story buildings that Turkish developer is looking to build.

Dallas star liked this post
Joshua Dodd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
addison, allen, arlington, carrollton, cedar hill, dallas, denton, design district, downtown, farmers branch, flower mound, frisco, garland, grand prairie, grapevine, highland park, irving, las colinas, lewisville, mckinney, mesquite, north dallas, plano, preston, preston hollow, richardson, suburban development news, texas, uptown, victory