Show your TAXI - Page 14 - SkyscraperCity
 

forums map | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > General Developments and Discussions

General Developments and Discussions » Bridges | Cycling | Maritime


Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old October 29th, 2010, 09:09 PM   #261
VECTROTALENZIS
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
 
VECTROTALENZIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 4,252
Likes (Received): 4653

Stockholm taxi's:







__________________
_
VECTROTALENZIS liked this post
VECTROTALENZIS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old November 1st, 2010, 02:33 AM   #262
1000city
DISCO VOLANTE
 
1000city's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rwanda Europy
Posts: 2,579
Likes (Received): 6583

Just like in the Netherlands taxidrivers are usually united in corporation individual businesspeople, who own their vehicle. Unlike in the Netherlands driving a cab in Poland is not particulary profitable – it depends on where you’re driving, what corporation you belong to etc. As the result taxi cars in Poland are very varied in color schemes, makes, models, age etc. From small like Skoda Fabia to large like S-class Mercedes, from brand new to teenaged cars, european, japanese, korean. Even american ones – Chrysler Grand Voyager is nothing unusual, my friend drives Chrysler PT Cruiser and I’ve even seen Jeep Grand Cherokee in mountainous area!

Typical polish taxi-variety:






But in this variety there’re some particulary popular models. I think that would be...

Volkswagen Passat (B5, B5 FL, B6):









Skoda Octavia (MkI, MkII):




Opel Astra II:


(Those forementioned models are also among the most popular private cars in Poland)

and Ford Galary/VW Sharan in the MPV category, especially the older models with undestructible non-PD TDI engines:


Apart from that the most popular brand among polish taxidrivers have always been Mercedes. I think one in every four taxis in Poland is W210 E-class:




It’s predecessor, the legendary built-to-last W124, is still popular:

Many of these are still running strong with 1 million kms on the clock

W210’a successor, the W211 is also popular, but this model proved to be troublesome and expensive in repairs and I noticed, that popularity of MB’s is decreasing in favour of brand new entry level compacts like Octavia II , Astra III etc. Still it’s one of the most popular taxi models in Poland:


The C-class is also popular, but only the old-but-reliable MkI:


In my city the W169 A-class is also very common, as it’s the basic car for one large taxi company:


It’s actually great car for taxi purpose, as it’s small outside but spacious inside. The company also uses the E-class and Vito Mercs.

The best vehicles are used for airport service – the airport approved fleet consists of late model VW Passat, Audi A6, MB E-class and Skoda Superb. The fare is 30 to 100 percent higher than on regular taxi depending on conditions.

Last edited by 1000city; November 1st, 2010 at 02:41 AM.
1000city no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2010, 02:14 AM   #263
SydneyCity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,727
Likes (Received): 207

Cars used as taxis in Sydney (that I know of):

Ford Falcon (common)
Ford Fairlane (common)
Toyota Camry (uncommon)
Toyota Tarago (fairly common)
Toyota Hiace Van (fairly common)
Toyota Avalon (fairly rare)
Holden Commodore (fairly rare)
Holden Statesman (common)
Mercedes E Class (very rare)
Mercedes Vito (very rare)
Kia Carnival (fairly rare)
Chrysler 300C (very rare)
Chrysler Voyager (fairly rare)
Holden Zafira (very rare)
__________________
Say yes to Barangaroo, the Sydney Metro and the East Coast HSR.
SydneyCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old December 24th, 2010, 07:10 AM   #264
thienzieyung
"Full Time Tourist"
 
thienzieyung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kota Kinabalu
Posts: 1,259
Likes (Received): 938

In Sydney, Australia. Spotted taxi number two of New South Wales!
image hosted on flickr


In Gold Coast, Australia. Lots of Prius!
image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr
__________________
Stalk my hometown here!
Kota Kinabalu Live Webcam Check current air pollution levels.
thienzieyung no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2011, 10:42 PM   #265
Magnus Brage
Another RussianDatingScam
 
Magnus Brage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jönköping
Posts: 308
Likes (Received): 6

VW Caravelle Taxi-Bus




Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000city View Post
As the result taxi cars in Poland are very varied in color schemes, makes, models, age etc. From small like Skoda Fabia to large like S-class Mercedes, from brand new to teenaged cars, european, japanese, korean. Even american ones – Chrysler Grand Voyager is nothing unusual, my friend drives Chrysler PT Cruiser and I’ve even seen Jeep Grand Cherokee in mountainous area!

.
Ford Focus & Skoda Fabia would not get permission for registration as taxis in Sweden. Those cars are to small.

Last edited by Magnus Brage; January 15th, 2011 at 10:51 PM.
Magnus Brage no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 01:07 AM   #266
Kulla
BANNED
 
Kulla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,754
Likes (Received): 847

Taxis in Tirana



image hosted on flickr
Kulla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 12:39 PM   #267
Magnus Brage
Another RussianDatingScam
 
Magnus Brage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jönköping
Posts: 308
Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulla View Post
Taxis in Tirana


image hosted on flickr
I spot 2 guys on a motorbike without wearing a helmet ?

No helmet law or the police doesn't care/easiliy bribed?

Also: the flag hanging out from the window. I associate this to a putsch, power struggle or constitutional crisis , where the the winning side wants to show the people that: We took over this building.

The photo is interesting anyway, I instantly think of a volatile state.
Magnus Brage no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 03:16 PM   #268
Kulla
BANNED
 
Kulla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,754
Likes (Received): 847

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus Brage View Post
I spot 2 guys on a motorbike without wearing a helmet ?

No helmet law or the police doesn't care/easiliy bribed?

Also: the flag hanging out from the window. I associate this to a putsch, power struggle or constitutional crisis , where the the winning side wants to show the people that: We took over this building.

The photo is interesting anyway, I instantly think of a volatile state.
You got your mouth shutted allready in this thread. No need to have the same pointless argument with you over and over again.

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...=443391&page=7

I know you hate Albania and Albanians in general, but seriously its getting childish now. Especially seen this is comming from a (Russian).
Kulla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 04:10 PM   #269
Kulla
BANNED
 
Kulla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,754
Likes (Received): 847

Taxis in Durres-Albania.

Kulla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 04:27 PM   #270
Kulla
BANNED
 
Kulla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,754
Likes (Received): 847

Some more of Tirana-Albania.

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr
Kulla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 09:44 PM   #271
Magnus Brage
Another RussianDatingScam
 
Magnus Brage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jönköping
Posts: 308
Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulla View Post
Some more of Tirana-Albania.


image hosted on flickr
Actually Albania seems to be the Balkan verision of Cuba where old cars still are seen on the streets, meticulously taken care of by their proud owners.

Yesterday I actually saw a documentary from Durres-Albania on swedish TV. Because of widespread albanian corruption a woman from the Swedish Tax Agency was sent to Albania to teach the albanian tax-workers about the proper enforcement of taxes.

The maneger told the swedish taxworker that the salary of an average albanian worker is about 150€ a month (medium albanian income) there is no way this worker wants to pay an additional 50€ of taxes. So taxation in Albania is not efficient. That is one reason for the albanian state not to gain economic progress.

They also showed people looking for scrap-metal which they sold on various scrapmarkets. There where noone in this buissnies paying any taxes at all.

Is this avoiding of paying taxes also common within the taxi-comerce ?
Magnus Brage no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 11:08 PM   #272
Illyrian_Patriot
BANNED
 
Illyrian_Patriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,373
Likes (Received): 127

seriously i realy advice you to stop provoking

just reported you ...
Illyrian_Patriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 11:54 PM   #273
Kulla
BANNED
 
Kulla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,754
Likes (Received): 847

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus Brage View Post
Actually Albania seems to be the Balkan verision of Cuba where old cars still are seen on the streets, meticulously taken care of by their proud owners.

Yesterday I actually saw a documentary from Durres-Albania on swedish TV. Because of widespread albanian corruption a woman from the Swedish Tax Agency was sent to Albania to teach the albanian tax-workers about the proper enforcement of taxes.

The maneger told the swedish taxworker that the salary of an average albanian worker is about 150€ a month (medium albanian income) there is no way this worker wants to pay an additional 50€ of taxes. So taxation in Albania is not efficient. That is one reason for the albanian state not to gain economic progress.

They also showed people looking for scrap-metal which they sold on various scrapmarkets. There where noone in this buissnies paying any taxes at all.

Is this avoiding of paying taxes also common within the taxi-comerce ?

Thank you so much for your worries about the albanian state, but you dont have to do that. Seen the fact we are the only country who is having an steady economic progess of 3-10% each year.

Albania has the best economic growth in Europe
http://www.pr-inside.com/albania-has...h-r1636484.htm


I told you the last time you brought up those (lies of yours) either come with facts or stfu with the derailing of the thread and telling those bullshit made up stories of yours. You are arent a real swedish to start with, but yet you take pride into that. Just shows how much your (real country must suck).

Last edited by Kulla; February 1st, 2011 at 12:25 AM.
Kulla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2011, 03:17 PM   #274
Hot Rod Nisse
Registered User
 
Hot Rod Nisse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Karlstad/Sweden
Posts: 33
Likes (Received): 38

Karlstad, Sweden.




















Hot Rod Nisse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 12:36 PM   #275
Kixnet
Pro Noob
 
Kixnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newcastle - Tyneside
Posts: 47
Likes (Received): 0

The UK has various different types of taxis. Some from Newcastle below:











You also some times see Hackney Cabs
Kixnet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2011, 02:34 PM   #276
Huti
bitte spiel mir etwas
 
Huti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,639
Likes (Received): 19981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulla View Post
Thank you so much for your worries about the albanian state, but you dont have to do that. Seen the fact we are the only country who is having an steady economic progess of 3-10% each year.

Albania has the best economic growth in Europe
http://www.pr-inside.com/albania-has...h-r1636484.htm


I told you the last time you brought up those (lies of yours) either come with facts or stfu with the derailing of the thread and telling those bullshit made up stories of yours. You are arent a real swedish to start with, but yet you take pride into that. Just shows how much your (real country must suck).
Huti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2011, 02:18 PM   #277
russianpride
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Moscow
Posts: 5,917
Likes (Received): 3892

Moscow, Russia.

russianpride no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 11:57 AM   #278
russianpride
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Moscow
Posts: 5,917
Likes (Received): 3892

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr
russianpride no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 01:30 PM   #279
pumpikatze
Pichichi de la liga
 
pumpikatze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vindobona
Posts: 2,305
Likes (Received): 637

When I was a boy (first half of the 80s) let´s say 99% of all Taxis in Vienna were Mercedes W123.
The situation has changed since then. Still more than 50% are Mercedes, mostly E- and B-Class but there are also lots of Mazda 6, Mazda 5, VW Passat, Opel Zafira, even some Dacia Logan and also some more exotic types of cars, as for example VW Phaeton, Audi A8, Buick Electra Park Avenue, 80s Alfa Romeo Giulietta, some Mercedes S-Class, Volvo XC90. I really tried hard to find photos of these, but impossible. Here are a few others:

Hummer-Taxi, which I´ve also seen many times in the streets:

image hosted on flickr


Legendary Mercedes W115! This car serves a lifetime as Taxi in Vienna (has still the old number plates) and still is in a condition "better-than-new". It is a pleasure for me whenever I meet this Taxi in the streets:

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


Also a number of London taxis serve in Vienna:

image hosted on flickr


Mercedes W126:

__________________
Vienna, Vienna
You´re not a legend you´re living
Show your every face in endless grace
Vienna, Vienna
pumpikatze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 08:05 PM   #280
carlesnuc
Registered User
 
carlesnuc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Badalona
Posts: 722
Likes (Received): 1179

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianpride View Post
image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr
painted as taxis Barcelona........

carlesnuc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us