{ Tourism News } - Page 213 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > المغرب Morocco > Other Discussions > Economy & Development Issues

Old October 18th, 2019, 02:35 PM   #4241
fora1

Likes (Received): 981

Quote:
Originally Posted by John vicks View Post
Tourisme: 13 millions de visiteurs et 76 milliards de DH de recettes en 2019

https://www.medias24.com/tourisme-13...2019-5015.html
On sera à 14-14,5 millions de touristes en 2020 avec 1 ministre et 1 ministère en emploi fictif, quel gâchis, on aurait pu faire les 18-20 millions s'il y'avait eu 1 pilote dans l'avion.Les turcs sont passés de 8 à 21 millions de touristes entre 2000 et 2005 pourquoi diantre ne pourrions-nous pas essayer des émuler ? On verra avec la nouvelle ministre.
fora1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 18th, 2019, 10:54 PM   #4242
Mister79

Likes (Received): 3283

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgiumguy View Post
We don't have the beaches of the Turkish Riviera!!

Maybe we should start with some nice resortS on the white sands of Dakhla...

In fact Morocco has better beaches then Turkey. Turkey does not have sand beaches, most of their beaches are rock beaches.
Mister79 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2019, 10:06 AM   #4243
D K

Likes (Received): 3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaymae View Post
parlant du tourisme !! actuellement y a une série Coréenne "Vagabon" trés connue et a gagné le prix de meilleure serie en Corée du sud qui passe sur Netflix, et la majorité de ses scènes ont été filmé au Maroc à Tanger !!
mais comme toujours nos braves gouverneurs n'ont pas profiter de cette "Gratuite publicité" énorme, et y a des scenes qui font passer les Marocains comme une population "Anti-touristes" toutes les femmes voilées ou en Burqua ... mème les actrices Coréennes fait comme si on oblige les touristes femelles a le porter !!!! et le seul acteur Marocain qui a un rôle important dans le filme ... devinez c'est qui ? " HDIDANE " !!!!!!!!!!

et l'aeroport de Tanger dans un etat catastrophique !! surtout quand ils montrent l’aéroport de Incheon après !! c'est ridicule !! ils étaient ou ? pour ne pas faire une bonne publicité pour le Maroc ? surtout au sein d'un pays qui connait très peu sur le Maroc, et qui n'a pas de pré jugement et avec une masse touristique??

ghantertaa9
Thank you for sharing this information with us. Incompetence at all levels.

As stated by Herms most of the scenes in Morocco are either ridiculous or giving a shameful image of Morocco (slums, war scenes,...) or both.
Recently the (not so bad) John Vick 3 was suposedly taking place in Casablanca...and was filmed in Essaouira (!), with a 1001 nights grotesque atmosphere. It is worth to watch, just for that.

Those ppl in charge are ignorant, they have no culture, their cultural level is Hdidane and 2mn TV series taking place in the douar. That is the level of these people. What did you expect?

doukali liked this post
D K no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2019, 10:35 AM   #4244
Mister79

The movie Midnight Express that ruined Turkish image for a few decades was in fact meant to be about Morocco...But the director was told not to make a movie about Morocco.
The movie was filmed in Tanger...
Old October 21st, 2019, 11:26 AM   #4245
Mouadex

Likes (Received): 745

Quote:
Originally Posted by D K View Post

As stated by Herms most of the scenes in Morocco are either ridiculous or giving a shameful image of Morocco (slums, war scenes,...) or both.
Recently the (not so bad) John Vick 3 was suposedly taking place in Casablanca...and was filmed in Essaouira (!), with a 1001 nights grotesque atmosphere. It is worth to watch, just for that.

Those ppl in charge are ignorant, they have no culture, their cultural level is Hdidane and 2mn TV series taking place in the douar. That is the level of these people. What did you expect?
Yeah I have seen John Wick 3. I think the movie didn't harm Moroccan image. On the opposite it made a good advertisement for us. They chose to name it Casablanca because it's known with the Movie still it was a stupid idea.
Mouadex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2019, 12:12 PM   #4246
D K

Likes (Received): 3271

It did not harm the image you are right. I just find it grotesque.
But Min of culture and Interior could have helped make the medina of Casablanca accomodate the movie; some scènes at the port of Casablanca could have given a better and more contemporary image
D K no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2019, 03:49 PM   #4247
safiot

Likes (Received): 175

J'ai fait un comparatif entre les plus grosses destinations de la Méditerranée niveau facilité d'accès au pays (Visa, evisa ...) c'est hallucinant ! on voit bien que le Maroc est le pays touristique le plus fermé de la Méditerranée ...

* L'Espagne représente l'espace Schengen.

Je ne sais pas comment on veut arriver à 20 Millions de touristes alors qu'on est plus fermé que l'Europe ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture d’écran 2019-10-21 à 15.46.53.jpg‎ (98.3 KB, 5 views)

اللهمَّ صلِّ على بدرِ التّمامِ، ومِصباحِ الظلامِ ومفتاحِ دارِ السلامِ، وشمْسِ دِينِ الإسلامِ، محمّدٍ عليهِ الصلاةُ والسلامُ
safiot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2019, 03:55 PM   #4248
doukali

Likes (Received): 1243

Just came back from a one week vacation in Turkey and it is the second time for myself and all I can say is that it is not fair to Turkey to compare it with Morocco...La Majal lil Mo9arana..... Moroccans are not business-oriented and neither service-oriented. Morocco can have the best beaches in the world and still, with current mentality, will struggle to reach even half of what Turkey has achieved in 30 years.

Having said that, we need to:
Sort out our basics and focus on internal/local tourism.
Improve massively our hygiene standard in restaurants and hotels
Improve our pricing strategy...dont charge European prices for sub-standard food & service.
Improve the way we look at tourists and see them not as cash-cows or "papers to europe" but as human beings.
Do not try and be their friend BUT provide a decent service
Leave them alone and stop hassling them every corner

safiot, Herms, aaya liked this post
doukali no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2019, 04:04 PM   #4249
doukali

Quote:
Originally Posted by D K View Post

because Moroccans are not patriotic and do not care about the image of the country...contrary to Turkish people.

Someone's palm was greased and of course we wanted to appear as open so we let anything and everything be filmed in Morocco without having a say.

I also watched a Spanish series called "Locked Up/Vis a Vis" Locked Upand they had some episodes filmed somewhere in Morocco...people were dressed like in the middle-ages still carrying knives and one Moroccan wearing a Jellaba who could not shake hand with a woman but tryied to rape a spanish girl.....at the begining I thought this is time travel ...until a Moroccan police car arrived
Old October 21st, 2019, 04:25 PM   #4250
Mister79

Quote:
Originally Posted by doukali View Post

Just came back from a one week vacation in Turkey and it is the second time for myself and all I can say is that it is not fair to Turkey to compare it with Morocco...La Majal lil Mo9arana..... Moroccans are not business-oriented and neither service-oriented. Morocco can have the best beaches in the world and still, with current mentality, will struggle to reach even half of what Turkey has achieved in 30 years.

Having said that, we need to:
Sort out our basics and focus on internal/local tourism.
Improve massively our hygiene standard in restaurants and hotels
Improve our pricing strategy...dont charge European prices for sub-standard food & service.
Improve the way we look at tourists and see them not as cash-cows or "papers to europe" but as human beings.
Do not try and be their friend BUT provide a decent service
Leave them alone and stop hassling them every corner

Moroccans are not business orientated?? Based on what..

Turkey was 25 years ago bankrupt and had no industries. Turkey only got 1 billion dollar FDI every year before 2000. In 2000 Turkish construction companies only earned 300 million dollar a year..
The Turkish economy was mainly in hands of Istanbul elite.

Turkey changed because of economic reforms, focussing on SME, good leader etc. In Turkey for example everyone can start a company in just one hour and get tax benefits. The AK party included SME in the economy.
The same can happen in Morocco.
Morocco today is blocking businesses, innovation, economic reforms.
Many people say that if Morocco had more economic reforms, freedom etc Morocco they could easily become better then Turkey..
Old October 21st, 2019, 04:36 PM   #4251
doukali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister79 View Post

Turkey was 25 years ago bankrupt and had no industries. Turkey only got 1 billion dollar FDI every year before 2000. In 2000 Turkish construction companies only earned 300 million dollar a year..

Turkey changed because of economic reforms, focussing on SME, good leader etc. In Turkey for example everyone can start a company in just one hour and get tax benefits. The AK party included SME in the economy.
Many people say that if Morocco had more economic reforms, freedom etc Morocco they could easily become better then Turkey..
Look at Moroccan diaspora around the world, compared it to others like Lebanese, Turkish and see which community is setting up big businesses! which community has more billionaires,...
I dont see Moroccans doing that....Moroccans are the largest community in Brussels but Turkish community has most of the businesses. I lived there for 9 months and I have family there and I know what I am talking about. Moroccans are working for Turks but not the otherway around.
But I agree with you when it comes to what is happening inside Morocco...maybe just maybe if the Moroccan government opens up the economy then maybe we can unlock this potential.
Old October 21st, 2019, 04:57 PM   #4252
doukali

Quote:

Turkey had no industry 25 years ago, How can you say that????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otokar set up in 1963

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkis...cting_industry see timelines inside

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%87ukurova_Holding set up 1923

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defens...stry_of_Turkey see timelines inside

PS: Sorry about the deviation
Old October 21st, 2019, 06:10 PM   #4253
Mister79

Quote:
Turkey had no industry 25 years ago, How can you say that????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otokar set up in 1963

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkis...cting_industry see timelines inside

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%87ukurova_Holding set up 1923

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defens...stry_of_Turkey see timelines inside

PS: Sorry about the deviation

My friend every country has some big companies or industries. The Turkish industries were weak and many not innovative.
Turkey was bankrupt and had for decades 100-1000% inflation every year. Turkey was totally depending on IMF loans..Even Erdogan said he stopped lending from IMF..
Turkish export in the eighties was mainly agriculture and textile products.

Last edited by Mister79; October 21st, 2019 at 06:29 PM.
Old October 21st, 2019, 06:23 PM   #4254
Mister79

Quote:
Look at Moroccan diaspora around the world, compared it to others like Lebanese, Turkish and see which community is setting up big businesses! which community has more billionaires,...
I dont see Moroccans doing that....Moroccans are the largest community in Brussels but Turkish community has most of the businesses. I lived there for 9 months and I have family there and I know what I am talking about. Moroccans are working for Turks but not the otherway around.
But I agree with you when it comes to what is happening inside Morocco...maybe just maybe if the Moroccan government opens up the economy then maybe we can unlock this potential.

First Turkish people who moved to Europe are all literate. Many companies of them are family businesses.
The first Moroccans who moved to Europe , most of them could not even read and write. That is why the first generation was not business minded.
But things are changing.

Lebanon had always a very big banking sector.
Lebanese banks have always financed Lebanese businessmen in the world. If you go for example to Africa you will find their Lebanese bank or institutions financing local Lebanese.
Moroccan banks are not like that at all..
Old October 21st, 2019, 08:20 PM   #4255
Herms

Likes (Received): 1438

Quote:
Tu as vécu dans quel quartier ?
Si tu veux mon avis, tu as une vision biaisée, à Bruxelles les marocains sont partout ou presque.
Il est vrai aussi que la communauté turque en Europe travaille essentiellement dans le commerce (épicerie, concessionnaire, magasin de meuble, snack...), peu en proportion sont dans l'administration ou les professions libérales.
Les marocains dans le commerce, tu les trouves dans la boucherie, la boulangerie, les restos/fast-food halal du centre bref il y a vraiment de tout.

fora1, Mouadex, Mister79 liked this post
Herms no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2019, 09:24 PM   #4256
belgiumguy
PEACE!

Likes (Received): 317

Quote:
In fact Morocco has better beaches then Turkey. Turkey does not have sand beaches, most of their beaches are rock beaches.
Rock beaches with crystal clear, calm, water...
belgiumguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2019, 09:34 PM   #4257
belgiumguy
PEACE!

Quote:
I will agree with you and I will tell you the main difference between us and them. We don't froma community as them!! And in business it's all about networking!!

We lose contact with our nephews when we get married. Go to a Turkish wedding, you will find family from other countries who come every week to assisst and keep the family bond strong.

These networks are the perfect base for business.

doukali liked this post
Old Yesterday, 08:56 AM   #4258
Mouadex

Likes (Received): 745

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgiumguy View Post
I will agree with you and I will tell you the main difference between us and them. We don't from a community as them!! And in business it's all about networking!!

We lose contact with our nephews when we get married. Go to a Turkish wedding, you will find family from other countries who come every week to assisst and keep the family bond strong.

These networks are the perfect base for business.
The strong ties of Turkish community help to develop business. It's common to see residences mostly for Turkish people with a mosque, small supermarket café and even Restaurant. Turkish businesses have already a guaranteed Turkish customer base

Mister79, doukali, belgiumguy liked this post
Mouadex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:59 AM   #4259
doukali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herms View Post
Tu as vécu dans quel quartier ?
Si tu veux mon avis, tu as une vision biaisée, à Bruxelles les marocains sont partout ou presque.
Il est vrai aussi que la communauté turque en Europe travaille essentiellement dans le commerce (épicerie, concessionnaire, magasin de meuble, snack...), peu en proportion sont dans l'administration ou les professions libérales.
Les marocains dans le commerce, tu les trouves dans la boucherie, la boulangerie, les restos/fast-food halal du centre bref il y a vraiment de tout.

I lived in Saint-Josse and what I saw is that there were more Turkish busnesses then Moroccan...and not only there but also, in Schaarbeek (famous for being Turkish) and even in Sidi Molenbeek, you have Turkish business expanding there.
I was in Brussels just 2 weekends ago and my impression is still the same.

Having said that, Moroccans do better in education than Turks
Old Yesterday, 01:02 PM   #4260
belgiumguy
PEACE!

Quote:

I lived in Saint-Josse and what I saw is that there were more Turkish busnesses then Moroccan...and not only there but also, in Schaarbeek (famous for being Turkish) and even in Sidi Molenbeek, you have Turkish business expanding there.
I was in Brussels just 2 weekends ago and my impression is still the same.

Having said that, Moroccans do better in education than Turks
Saint Josse is Turkish majority...

Moroccans do relatively good in education, its true. We have to see what this generation will do in terms of education. Some high schools are filled with MRE's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement