Your personal Top 10 skylines - Page 154 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Rate Our Talls > Rate Our Skylines

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 7th, 2019, 05:13 AM   #3061
A Chicagoan
I Love Chicago!

Likes (Received): 3232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mplsuptown View Post
See I didn't even pick my hometown. No prejudice. .
I'm not even sure if I'm biased towards Chicago. I mean, I definitely really like its skyline, but there are also a lot of other cool skylines out there that are bigger or taller. Maybe if some neuroscientist hooked up some machinery to my brain, they could read my real feelings?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 14th, 2019, 10:23 PM   #3062
Kadzman

Likes (Received): 780

While I appreciate the efforts in quantifying the skylines of the cities for an objective ranking, I can't imagine if a city with ten thousand 100-storeys buildings that would surely rake in the points, would be a favourite of mine.

There are so many subjective factors like height variations, clusterings, materials, architectural styles, densities, physical layouts, non building structures, etc; all characters appealing to different people.

For instance I find the skylines of Shibam, Yemen and Male in Maldives very attractive and heights have nothing to do with it. Montreal, Pittsburgh and New Orleans too, are engaging to me despite their relatively modest heights. Yet Dallas and Miami do nothing for me. The same that I prefer Sydney and Brisbane over Melbourne, or Doha over Dubai. I find Addis Ababa and Nairobi interesting but not Johannesburg. I like London over Moscow, Rio over Sao Paolo, Jakarta and Metro Manila over Bangkok and so on.

My point is, even if I tried to be objective sometimes I find myself contradicting on the justification why I prefer a particular skyline over the other. For sure absolute heights, glassy facades, modern or futuristic appearances are not big considerations of mine in judging my skylines.
Kadzman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 12:31 AM   #3063
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 14596

People have different preferences and priorities but there are skylines that get mentioned often. It suggests that a lot of people give weight to height and scale. That said, there are no wrong answers.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 16th, 2019, 06:56 PM   #3064
appetitefordestructi

Likes (Received): 2

1.New York
2.Chicago
3.Shanghai
4.Toronto
5.Guagzhou
6.Melbourne
7.San Francisco
8.London
9.Hong Kong
10.Sidney
appetitefordestructi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2019, 07:38 PM   #3065
elliot

Likes (Received): 171

Nice list but some spelling issues.

And u have Hong Kong at 9. Oversight I'm sure.
elliot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement