Official Birmingham Development Thread 50! - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Birmingham Metro Area

Birmingham Metro Area Birmingham, Coventry, Wolverhampton and the West Midlands

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 31st, 2019, 11:03 PM   #61
RalphGuy

Likes (Received): 4790

Last chance to vote in the poll for Mercian Studios as it closes in under an hour.
RalphGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 1st, 2019, 01:24 PM   #62
RalphGuy

Brexit uncertainty stalls housing starts at 165,000 a year.

www.constructionenquirer.com/2019/03/28/brexit-uncertainty-stalls-housing-starts-at-165000-a-year
Old April 1st, 2019, 06:19 PM   #63
sham01

Likes (Received): 196

Anyone know what is happening up Spring Road, Acocks Green? Workers were painting the sterling board out front today. Area has been flattened off. Thank you
sham01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 1st, 2019, 07:21 PM   #64
PerpetualBrum
💙 Birmingham #1

Likes (Received): 14986

Quote:
Originally Posted by sham01 View Post
Anyone know what is happening up Spring Road, Acocks Green? Workers were painting the sterling board out front today. Area has been flattened off. Thank you
Only thing I know that's going on up that way is that the Shaftsmoor Lane building has been demolished and they're apparently doing site remediation works, with redevelopment plans in the pipeline.

Other than that, you've got an outline app for 43 houses on Cateswell Road, which backs up onto the Shaftsmoor Lane site, but it's probably too early to be seeing any works on that.

PerpetualBrum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2019, 08:56 PM   #65
RalphGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphGuy View Post
As far as possible changes to the Birmingham and West Midlands Forum go, I'm thinking that if we can make The Lunar Society viewable for non-members, I can transfer all the non-development threads from the Development Forum in to the Lunar Society Forum and then, by creating a separate Forum that can't be viewed by non-members, move the light-hearted/jovial/silly threads from the Lunar Society in to the, as yet unnamed, new additional Forum.

We'd then be left with the Development Forum being for development threads only, the Lunar Society Forum being for more interesting and academic threads, with both of these Forums on view to non-members, and a new Forum which only members will see which will be for all the junk. I think this would tidy the site up immensely.

Development Forum - development threads - viewable to members and non-members,

Lunar Society - interesting or academic threads, old photos etc - viewable to members and non-members,

New Forum - personal/silly/jovial threads etc - viewable to members only,

All the other existing Birmingham Forums would stay as they are.

Quoting my own post I know but does anyone have a problem with the above? It would certainly make the site clearer for people in my opinion.

If people are okay with it, I shall contact Jan and see what can be done.

leonigmig liked this post
Old April 1st, 2019, 09:37 PM   #66
Brummigrant

Likes (Received): 517

@RalphGuy

I would rename the forum currently called 'Lunar Society' into whatever you were going to call the new members-only forum. Then create a new forum called 'Lunar Society'.

Move threads across upon request. That way, you aren't moving any threads that might have 'private' info into the public domain. Posters who are no longer around might have posted in 'confidence' - as far as it could have been, so this would respect that confidence.

Or perhaps make it so that Google can't index the forum currently called Lunar Society. Not sure this version of vBulletin can do this.

[Got about 5 years xp of mod/admin experience across large forums ]

RalphGuy liked this post
Brummigrant no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2019, 09:52 PM   #67
RalphGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brummigrant View Post
@RalphGuy

I would rename the forum currently called 'Lunar Society' into whatever you were going to call the new members-only forum. Then create a new forum called 'Lunar Society'.

Move threads across upon request. That way, you aren't moving any threads that might have 'private' info into the public domain. Posters who are no longer around might have posted in 'confidence' - as far as it could have been, so this would respect that confidence.

Or perhaps make it so that Google can't index the forum currently called Lunar Society. Not sure this version of vBulletin can do this.

[Got about 5 years xp of mod/admin experience across large forums ]

No forum intended for new members only Brummigrant. The Development Forum and The Lunar Society are to be viewable to members and non-members alike because the former will contain developments and the latter will contain academic threads or photo threads. The new forum I was going to create was for the jovial threads or personal stuff but this would only be viewable to the members.

I could ask Jan to create the new forum first so that I could transfer the relative threads across before he then makes the Lunar Society viewable to non-members so all the personal stuff will remain confidential to forum members only.
Old April 1st, 2019, 10:13 PM   #68
Brummigrant

Likes (Received): 517

Sorry for the confusion. I meant new, members-only forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphGuy
New Forum - personal/silly/jovial threads etc - viewable to members only,
If you make the current Lunar Society forum this proposed forum (so just rename it to whatever you fancy), you could make a new forum called Lunar Society and move over.

I only say this as if I had been posting in what was behind a login wall, then I wouldn't be best-pleased to find out it was in the public domain a few years later. Especially if it could identify me and I was in the industry.

I agree with the premise of the forum structure, just quite keen that any public forum is started from scratch, rather than converted.

RalphGuy liked this post
Brummigrant no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2019, 10:14 PM   #69
RalphGuy

Two new Travelodges, one in Solihull and one in Walsall, create 40 jobs.

www.insidermedia.com/insider/midlands/new-travelodges-create-40-jobs
Old April 2nd, 2019, 10:59 AM   #70
mardybrum

Likes (Received): 48

Ladywood social club has been boarded up for a while now and there are signs for MIA Property Group. Anyone know of any plans here?
mardybrum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2019, 11:28 AM   #71
PerpetualBrum
💙 Birmingham #1

Likes (Received): 14986

https://www.insidermedia.com/insider...tional-express

Quote:
A major development site in the Digbeth area of Birmingham has been snapped up from listed bus company National Express.

HUB has acquired the six-acre site with the view to bring forward a large-scale mixed-use regeneration scheme.

The land, which is currently home to a National Express bus garage, borders the Grand Union Canal at the Bordesley Canal Junction and lies within the Digbeth regeneration area.

The site will continue to house the bus garage until National Express identifies a new site.

Over the medium-term, HUB will bring forward plans for a large-sale mixed use scheme, comprising creative workspace, residential, leisure and retail uses. The scheme will be HUB’s first outside London and the South East.

Some substantial projects underway in LDN: https://www.hubgroup.co.uk/

PerpetualBrum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2019, 12:47 PM   #72
DBadger
culled

Likes (Received): 5887

Thought that was the park and ride for the metro?

♣ WOLVERHAMPTON ~ BIRMINGHAM 2022
DBadger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2019, 12:48 PM   #73
Brum Knows Best

Likes (Received): 355

Hoola London, Queen's Quarter and Chesterfield House are all very nice developments from HUB, think there also have a few smaller one, should be interesting
Brum Knows Best no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2019, 01:06 PM   #74
Hasaandoo

Likes (Received): 1695

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualBrum View Post

I’m glad to see another London developer getting part of the city, 6 acres of lands is massive. Can’t wait to see what theylll do with it digbeth seriously by far is the most rapidly changing area in central Birmingham. Literally it just full of warehouses and car parks, so I guess quite easy to get stuff going.

RalphGuy liked this post
Hasaandoo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2019, 01:36 PM   #75
jonfsnow

Likes (Received): 1786

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualBrum View Post
This, by the time it gets built will be really near the tram line and a potentially re-sited Bordesley/digbeth station. No sensible urban planner would fill this with St Lukes estate low rises. It doesn't have to be tall, but no 'family homes with gardens and parking' please.
Old April 2nd, 2019, 01:50 PM   #76
RalphGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardybrum View Post
Ladywood social club has been boarded up for a while now and there are signs for MIA Property Group. Anyone know of any plans here?

Off the top of my head, there was talk of demolishing it and building 50 flats.
Old April 2nd, 2019, 02:30 PM   #77
Hasaandoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfsnow View Post
This, by the time it gets built will be really near the tram line and a potentially re-sited Bordesley/digbeth station. No sensible urban planner would fill this with St Lukes estate low rises. It doesn't have to be tall, but no 'family homes with gardens and parking' please.

At least a 30fl+ considering what it will be competing with in the Digbeth area tbh.
Old April 2nd, 2019, 03:20 PM   #78
ReissOmari
Birmingham - #1

Likes (Received): 14763

I was looking at this site on Google a few days ago, they could make such good use of the Canal, and with the supposedly sold Dunelm store and the storage site opposite, this could become quite a nice area.
ReissOmari no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2019, 04:34 PM   #79
Hasaandoo

Official Birmingham Development Thread 50!

Just seen a “acquired by Gian Capital” on Bradford street, does anyone know what happening there?
Old April 2nd, 2019, 05:03 PM   #80
Mosleyan

Likes (Received): 4439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasaandoo View Post
Just seen a “acquired by Gian Capital” on Bradford street, does anyone know what happening there?
I believe that's the SK Digbeth development. The sign has been up there for ages!
Mosleyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement