Why was I banned / brigged / given an infraction - Page 70 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > About the forums

About the forums » Testing | Archive

Old October 18th, 2019, 10:03 PM   #1381
ekisticist

Likes (Received): 0

Hi Yellow Fever,

I sent you a private email on this matter some time ago, but I realize how many you must get. I got a permanent ban as urbanista1 (using friend's) on the Polish thread (I'm a Canadian with part Polish roots) for a post in the Polish LGBTQ section in response to a Polish government affiliated journalist's suggestion that gay people should be shot at. I checked the reasons for my ban later through friend, so the offending passage was as follows: "If any member of the PIS gov't wants to come to Canada they should feel dread as they will not be welcomed with open arms" I was banned by a mod that never posts anything in architectural threads. I'm not a Polish native speaker and what I wrote is benign compared to some of the racist comments that are permitted on that forum and just removed without bans. Can you help me with this?
ekisticist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 18th, 2019, 10:09 PM   #1382
Jan
High there, what's up!

Likes (Received): 20629

^ every topic that doesn't have anything to do with our topics, you know, like skyscrapers, cities, architecture, urban developments, etc, is really all posted at your own risk. Especially when it comes to going ito a local forum to talk about politics, current events, religion, and sexuality, this always goes bad. Just stick to the topics and no one should have any problem posting here.
Jan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2019, 05:17 PM   #1383
unjust

Good day Jan,

I have received the notice that my account (SantiagoBraun) has been banned from the forums due to the following reason:

Multiple login: bernardodurco

Now, that must be a mistake by the moderation, as I have not a clue who the person above is.

Therefore, I would kindly request that this decision is reviewed and my ban uplifted, as I was very much enjoying the forum (especially the In the News section).

Thank you!
unjust no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2019, 03:24 AM   #1384
Yellow Fever
A Touch of Grey

Likes (Received): 78387

Quote:
Originally Posted by unjust View Post

Now, that must be a mistake by the moderation, as I have not a clue who the person above is.

Therefore, I would kindly request that this decision is reviewed and my ban uplifted, as I was very much enjoying the forum (especially the In the News section).
Yeah sure, nice try, SantiagoBraun! You joined the SSC just about a month ago but used your first 200 out of 212 posts in the rate your tall section to rack up your post counts, so that you could post in the skybar and In the News sections. You would have been alright if you stay in skybar forever but for some strange reasons you'd decided to go back and posted somethings in your local forum where you got banned in the first place and of course the local mods figured out who you are and banned you again. My advice for you is to stay honest and post some normal posts in the on topic forums and wait patiently to get back to the require post counts for the forums you enjoy.

RecHub, PizzaPlanet liked this post
Yellow Fever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2019, 04:50 AM   #1385
Yellow Fever
A Touch of Grey

No cheating this time, I'll ban anyone using the Rate your tall/skyline etc. forum or one word/single sentence posts as an easy way to bypass the usual on topic posting procedure to get to Skybar and In the News section.

RecHub liked this post
Old November 2nd, 2019, 04:34 PM   #1386
Rauth98
BANNED

Likes (Received): 23

Does the testing forum generate post count?
Rauth98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2019, 05:01 PM   #1387
RecHub

Likes (Received): 101700

I subscribe to the words of the Yellow Fever, and in addition, it is very strange that someone who recently joined the forum, knows so well details of its operation.

Yellow Fever liked this post
RecHub no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2019, 07:13 PM   #1388
A Chicagoan
I Love Chicago!

Likes (Received): 3229

Oh, so THAT'S why a bunch of newbies in the ROT section were banned.
Old November 2nd, 2019, 08:43 PM   #1389
ukiyo
スーパーモデレーターSuper Moderator

Likes (Received): 15948

Whenever I see a new member with just the amount of posts posting in the skybar or any other off-topic section suddenly they are immediately on my watch list.

PizzaPlanet, RecHub liked this post
ukiyo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2019, 08:50 PM   #1390
PizzaPlanet
Survivor

Likes (Received): 18340

I agree with everything that has been said. So sketchy.
PizzaPlanet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2019, 12:20 PM   #1391
unjust

I find it funny that all the moderators come here together in order to bully someone who has not harassed a single person and actually participated in a productive way in an unique, yet possibly threatened online platform.

It seems to be that policies like this (banning people for no valid reason whatsoever) will just anticipate the death of SkyScraperCity.

Posting does not constitute an offence to the rules of this Forum and what I have stated remains a fact: I have no relation to this other user (bernardodurco).

If you want to ban me just for posting, fine, but at least use an accurate justification or let me know which rule was broken when doing so.
unjust no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2019, 06:28 PM   #1392
Yellow Fever
A Touch of Grey

Don't think too high of yourself that we all need to gang up on you, I didn't ban your old account, the reason your were banned because you had been banned before. As I suggested to you on my previous post that just keep your current new account and go with what other people normally do which is part take in the on topic sections until you receive the required number of post count, then you can post in anywhere you want except your local forum where you got banned in the beginning.

I already given you this second chance, so don't blow it.
Old November 3rd, 2019, 06:35 PM   #1393
Yellow Fever
A Touch of Grey

Again, for all new members, I won't count the posts in the rate the tall/scrapers forums and the one word replies and few words sentence posts will be deleted also.
Old November 8th, 2019, 12:15 AM   #1394
32Blocks

Likes (Received): 2033

Good morning

I am not quite sure where to put this but I guess this as good as any place - please feel free to pass this incident onto the right people.

How do moderators get moderated when they abuse their position of "power" at SSC ? OrangeKiwi, a moderator from Kiwiscrapers, is one such individual. His moderating is one-sided, unprofessional and biased.

The following conversation occurred a few minutes ago - OrangeKiwi replied to another SSC member and I had to respond in support of the other SSC member who was being treated unfairly. I found OrangeKiwi's "moderating" extremely ironic and unprofessional. He immediately removed my post because it showed him up - which is abuse of "power" - as a mod you are not entitled to say and do as you please - while deleting posts that don't agree with your 'tastes'.

I am sure that he is doing a great job at Kiwiscrapers but he needs to pull his head in and/or somebody needs to teach him how things work at SSC. I for one can't be bothered to post at Kiwscrapers ever again but I will defend the innocent and let you know when you are in the wrong.

Thanks for your time and for looking into this blatant abuse of 'power'. The thread in question is this one

P.S. A little history behind this ... A few months back some Kiwi forum members started discussing Melbourne and I made some posts answering their questions etc. Needless to say that the topic of discussion was not in the relevant thread, most threads tend to deviate from the relevant topic. My last post was directed at a question and I then stated "that we should get back on topic". Another forum member at Kiwiscrapers, who hates Melbourne, replied in a very aggravating and trolling way. We left it at that. OrangeKiwi removed all my posts and only some of the other off-topic posts but left the post from the troll. It was blatantly obvious that OrangeKiwi is biased and parochial. So when he made the statement that he did (as per the image below) I couldn't help see the irony and two-faced cheek of it all. I had to say something and surprise, surprise - he removed the post almost immediately - my point was proven right.

Breach of power
by Sydney Struwig, on Flickr

Mr_kiwi_fruit liked this post

Last edited by 32Blocks; November 8th, 2019 at 12:47 AM.
32Blocks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2019, 01:21 AM   #1395
Yellow Fever
A Touch of Grey

Will PM OrangeKiwi to give his side of story here.

Last edited by Yellow Fever; November 8th, 2019 at 03:01 AM.
Old November 8th, 2019, 09:42 PM   #1396
32Blocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Fever View Post
Will PM OrangeKiwi to give his side of story here.
Thanks YF

Last edited by 32Blocks; November 8th, 2019 at 11:56 PM.
Old November 8th, 2019, 09:45 PM   #1397
A Chicagoan
I Love Chicago!

Likes (Received): 3229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
^ every topic that doesn't have anything to do with our topics, you know, like skyscrapers, cities, architecture, urban developments, etc, is really all posted at your own risk. Especially when it comes to going ito a local forum to talk about politics, current events, religion, and sexuality, this always goes bad. Just stick to the topics and no one should have any problem posting here.
Even topics that have to do with skyscrapers have ended up with arguments and mods getting accused of being unfair and whatnot . . .
Old November 8th, 2019, 11:13 PM   #1398
Yellow Fever
A Touch of Grey

The rule of thumb to stay alive here in SSC is stick to the forum rules and PM with respect to the moderators when you have any concern about their judgement and moderation rather than openly criticize them.

A Chicagoan liked this post
Old November 8th, 2019, 11:49 PM   #1399
OrangeKiwi

Likes (Received): 1924

Hi everyone, just a few things to let you know my side of the story, in chronological order:

32Blocks took a thread off-topic with multiple off-topic posts, including one excessively long, with other users indicating a wish to get back on-topic, all in all resulting in a complaint from one of the users. I then removed some of the most recent posts to keep the thread from getting derailed any further.

I concede that I might have failed to notice other people's posts that contain aggravation and trolling; they weren't brought to my attention and as such their non-removal was a question of oversight, not intent.

Then came my recent comment about another user's trolling, which was worded a tad harshly - although I still stand by the sentiment of not tolerating repeated trolling, as Royen [the other NZ mod] and I are trying to stay on top of a recent increase in name-calling, racism, derailing threads, and general misbehaviour. This has since been discussed and resolved with the user through PMs.

As a reaction to this comment, 32Blocks criticised my moderating in the thread, so I decided to remove the post and take the discussion to PM - as suggested per the staff manual.

All this, to my knowledge, is rather appropiate behaviour for a moderator. I welcome anyone to speak up if they think otherwise - so it can be properly discussed.

Hopefully that clears things up a bit,

OrangeKiwi

A Chicagoan liked this post
OrangeKiwi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2019, 12:05 AM   #1400
32Blocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Fever View Post
The rule of thumb to stay alive here in SSC is stick to the forum rules and PM with respect to the moderators when you have any concern about their judgement and moderation rather than openly criticize them.
But it is alright for a mod to openly criticise a forum member ? The way in which OrangeKiwi responded to another SSC member with “put up or shut up” is not appropriate at all, anybody with 2 brain cells can see that as unprofessional. I still want to know - who moderates the moderators ? i.e. who can we report moderators to where we know that they will be dealt with fairly and not protected by the ‘moderator club’ ? Surely you will agree that mods do not deserve special treatment or more respect than any other forum member, it is not as if they were elected by the SSC community and/or paid employees - mods are volunteers. Thanks for your time.

On second thought, don't bother, I will take this matter to the Holding Company - thanks again for your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeKiwi View Post
Hi everyone, just a few things to let you know my side of the story, in chronological order:

32Blocks took a thread off-topic with multiple off-topic posts, including one excessively long
Rubbish, tell the truth OrangeKiwi - the thread had already been derailed before that onto the topic of Melbourne, I just answered their questions and provided the facts. as far as I am aware, there is no limit to how long a post can be - once again proving that you make up some of your own rules as best suits you.

Mr_kiwi_fruit liked this post

Last edited by 32Blocks; November 9th, 2019 at 04:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement