LIVERPOOL - New Everton Stadium (52,000) - Page 60 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Proposed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 4th, 2019, 06:38 AM   #1181
The Game Is Up
Proud Facebook Non-Member

Likes (Received): 1398

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted here until now...

Advertisement

Old September 4th, 2019, 02:18 PM   #1182
bernieo63

Likes (Received): 26

That last render quite clearly shows a 3 tiered stand. Wonder if this was before BMD was downscaled to cut costs and capacity?
bernieo63 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2019, 02:06 PM   #1183
Tom Hughes

Likes (Received): 1297

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernieo63 View Post
That last render quite clearly shows a 3 tiered stand. Wonder if this was before BMD was downscaled to cut costs and capacity?
I think the 3 tiered appearance of one side stand is a bit of an illusion. Only the central section appears to have 3 defined tiers, with a cut out for boxes/lounge frontages half way up the lower tier that doesn't appear to run the full length of the pitch.
Tom Hughes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2019, 10:44 PM   #1184
BathY

Likes (Received): 842

Enjoyed seeing that, but a surprising number of cheap shots at other stadiums, really not necessary.

Especially at Spurs, considering they have taken so many features from that stadium!
BathY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2019, 01:06 PM   #1185
Tom Hughes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavrosh View Post
Yeah and would have stopped dead any regeneration north of there instead of now acting as a catalyst for regeneration south of BMD.
Why can't a multipurpose stadium be a centre-piece acting as a catalyst from the centre of the whole scheme working outwards? Placing it at BMD is a bit like putting the Arena there or moving it soutwards as far as Brunswick Dk.... I'm not sure anyone would've suggested that for our Arena.

I understand the principle of book-ending the whole project to prompt infill. This might work for plannjng retail schemes, but a stadium requires mass access/egress in a way that no other building type does. That factor should determine positioning more than any other. BMD might be right at the edge of viability in terms of logistics....
Old September 10th, 2019, 03:14 PM   #1186
daveymy

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hughes View Post
Why can't a multipurpose stadium be a centre-piece acting as a catalyst from the centre of the whole scheme working outwards? Placing it at BMD is a bit like putting the Arena there or moving it soutwards as far as Brunswick Dk.... I'm not sure anyone would've suggested that for our Arena.

I understand the principle of book-ending the whole project to prompt infill. This might work for plannjng retail schemes, but a stadium requires mass access/egress in a way that no other building type does. That factor should determine positioning more than any other. BMD might be right at the edge of viability in terms of logistics....
Agree on this. Trying to get out of this stadium and back to the m62 is going to take well over an hour as the traffic going back to town or north will be caught up with the motorway traffic. Transport links are going to have to improve massively.
daveymy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2019, 05:12 PM   #1187
LAYiddo
Not in L.A.

Likes (Received): 7947

Quote:
Originally Posted by BathY View Post
Enjoyed seeing that, but a surprising number of cheap shots at other stadiums, really not necessary.

Especially at Spurs, considering they have taken so many features from that stadium!
Not trying to stir up a hornets nest here but that whole presentation by Meis smacked of amateurism. From his presentation down to the poor renders / graphics.
LAYiddo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2019, 08:41 AM   #1188
Macred

Likes (Received): 1572

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAYiddo View Post
Not trying to stir up a hornets nest here but that whole presentation by Meis smacked of amateurism. From his presentation down to the poor renders / graphics.
It all seems rather vague. Hope they do it though... apart from the roof, not sure on the aesthetic of that internally.
Macred no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2019, 10:13 AM   #1189
Tom Hughes

Quote:
In what way was it amateurism? The main purpose of the presentation was merely to fulfill the 2nd phase of the consultation process prior to a planning application. The design is supposed to be loose and unfinished, with just a bit more meat on the bones than the previous released wireframe concept images. I'm not saying I'm fully convinced by everything presented and even wrote a critique myself, but I think there are quite a few moving targets that need to be nailed regarding capacity, transport, heritage, safe-standing, planning and funding etc. So, I'm not overly surprised that it's not a finished product.
Old September 11th, 2019, 10:41 PM   #1190
bernieo63

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
In what way was it amateurism? The main purpose of the presentation was merely to fulfill the 2nd phase of the consultation process prior to a planning application. The design is supposed to be loose and unfinished, with just a bit more meat on the bones than the previous released wireframe concept images. I'm not saying I'm fully convinced by everything presented and even wrote a critique myself, but I think there are quite a few moving targets that need to be nailed regarding capacity, transport, heritage, safe-standing, planning and funding etc. So, I'm not overly surprised that it's not a finished product.
Capacity & funding are biggies. 52,000 isnt big enough. Still nothing confirmed on funding after at least 2 years of searching.

Macred liked this post
bernieo63 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2019, 05:54 PM   #1191
flierfy

Likes (Received): 682

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveymy View Post
Agree on this. Trying to get out of this stadium and back to the m62 is going to take well over an hour as the traffic going back to town or north will be caught up with the motorway traffic. Transport links are going to have to improve massively.
Then try the M53/Queensway instead. It gets you in and out of the area where the new stadium is going to be built.
flierfy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2019, 08:14 AM   #1192
Macred

It is all very quiet... no word on funding yet, no planning application... just read something that says the 200 year lease signed with Peel is caveated that it is subject to planning permission. And while looking for that found this from late 2017..

Robert Elstone, Chief Executive at Everton Football Club, said: “Clearly, this is very positive news. Gaining control of the site was essential for us to be able to move forward with the next stages of the project"

"Finalising the funding agreement with the Council and preparing for the submission of a planning application - both of which we hope to do in the new year. I’d like to thank Peel as well as Mayor Anderson and his colleagues at the Council for their support in getting us to this point.”

Tick tock.... every month that passes the cost goes up...
Old November 8th, 2019, 08:20 AM   #1193
Macred

Quote:
I think there will be some paring back of the more aspirational elements of the design to save cost. Cost has got to be a real issue... save for funds that Moshiri or Usimov will guarantee... which may be all of it (but if that was the case then surely they would have said this already as it would massively boost their popularity) then why would a commercial lender see this as a good deal. The team despite spending money is average, its immediate rivals are out performing it, the chances of European revenue on a regular basis is minimal at present. Everton represent a real long term risk and given it is a long term loan, would you lend the money?
Old November 8th, 2019, 01:02 PM   #1194
RobH

Likes (Received): 16810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macred View Post
It is all very quiet...
Not really. This is from less than a month ago....

Quote:
The results from the second stage consultation, which will be released in November, will be used by the Stadium Development Team to further refine the Club’s plans and form part of the planning applications for both Bramley-Moore Dock and Goodison Park. The Club remains on-track to submit both applications before the end of 2019.
https://www.evertonfc.com/news/14242...c-consultation

As far as I can see everything is on the schedule that was announced earlier this year. If we get to early 2020 and there are no planning documents submitted and no explanation as to why, then I'd start being a little concerned (even then there could be a routine reason and no need for panic).

A few short weeks without news and people start panicking....every stadium project is the same. The GoT stadium thread is antsy as hell at the moment. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.skyscrapercity.com/images/smilies/lol.gif[/IMG]

And I doubt anything on funding will be announced until planning permission and the various conditions attached to it are confirmed and signed off.

Quote:
just read something that says the 200 year lease signed with Peel is caveated that it is subject to planning permission.
That's not new news. That's been known since the the agreement was signed. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.skyscrapercity.com/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

EPA001, Macred, MikeC9180 liked this post

Last edited by RobH; November 8th, 2019 at 03:22 PM.
RobH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2019, 05:10 PM   #1195
superla

Likes (Received): 1190

Maybe nothing (most likely is) but this tweet from dan meis in which he references 60k is doing the rounds on twitter..... https://twitter.com/Meisarch/status/...808701952?s=19 maybe the club have listened?
superla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2019, 06:25 PM   #1196
Tom Hughes

Quote:
I think there will be some paring back of the more aspirational elements of the design to save cost. Cost has got to be a real issue... save for funds that Moshiri or Usimov will guarantee... which may be all of it (but if that was the case then surely they would have said this already as it would massively boost their popularity) then why would a commercial lender see this as a good deal. The team despite spending money is average, its immediate rivals are out performing it, the chances of European revenue on a regular basis is minimal at present. Everton represent a real long term risk and given it is a long term loan, would you lend the money?
A long term risk that has been an ever-present in the prem and sold out with a waiting list despite that mediocrity and ancient facilities. A couple of seasons being big spenders is irrelevant.... some clubs have spent big for decades without winning the prem.

Macred, MikeC9180 liked this post
Old November 8th, 2019, 10:30 PM   #1197
WesTexas

Likes (Received): 325

Quote:
I don't think we watched the same presentation...
Go FC Dallas

DTID

Paul D liked this post
WesTexas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2019, 02:26 PM   #1198
Macred

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesTexas View Post
I don't think we watched the same presentation...
I thought the presentation was 'down to earth' so appropriate for the audience IMO, and the renders I think are fantastic, just need to build the damn thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement