INNSIDE By Melia Hotel & Travelodge Hotel (former Bridge Court Quayside offices) | Newcastle | Various | U/C - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity
 

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > North East England > Newcastle Metro Area

Newcastle Metro Area For Newcastle, N Tyneside, Gateshead, S Tyneside, South Northumberland


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 18th, 2015, 06:37 PM   #21
Steve Ellwood
Registered User
 
Steve Ellwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne/Whitley Bay
Posts: 43,023
Likes (Received): 4749

Bridge Court

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ellwood View Post
Planning Application GRANTED CONDITIONALLY

Reference 2012/1554/01/DET
Alternative Reference Not Available
Application Received Mon 26 Nov 2012
Address Bridge Court The Close Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3BA
Proposal Change of use of office building (Class B1) to hotel (Class C1) comprising of 160 bedrooms with ancillary restaurant bar, with associated business conference facilities
Status Granted Conditionally
http://publicaccess.newcastle.gov.uk...=ME5ALSBS0DL00
Nothing heard for a couple of years on this proposal but a Submission of Construction Method Statement has just been granted by the City Planers so there may be some progress soon?

2012/1554/03/DCC | Submission of Construction Method Statement to comply with Condition 10 of permission 2012/1554/02/RVC dated 30.01.2014: Minor Material Amendment: Variation of condition 16 - approved plans - (internal layouts of floors 0f-4f, reconfigured conference facility to have raised roof to courtyard area, single storey structure to south east elevation to be demolished) of planning decision 2012/1554/01/DET dated 14 January, 2013: Change of use of office building (Class B1) to hotel (Class C1) comprising of 160 bedrooms with ancillary restaurant bar, with associated business conference facilities | Bridge Court Close Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3BA

Reference 2012/1554/03/DCC
Alternative Reference PP-04636191
Application Received Tue 17 Nov 2015
Application Validated Tue 17 Nov 2015
Address Bridge Court Close Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3BA
Proposal Submission of Construction Method Statement to comply with Condition 10 of permission 2012/1554/02/RVC dated 30.01.2014: Minor Material Amendment: Variation of condition 16 - approved plans - (internal layouts of floors 0f-4f, reconfigured conference facility to have raised roof to courtyard area, single storey structure to south east elevation to be demolished) of planning decision 2012/1554/01/DET dated 14 January, 2013: Change of use of office building (Class B1) to hotel (Class C1) comprising of 160 bedrooms with ancillary restaurant bar, with associated business conference facilities
Status Decided - 18th December 2015
Decision Grant

https://publicaccessapplications.new...=NXY65GBSMCI00

This is a photograph of Bridge House, taken 19th May 2014:


Image hosted on http://GeordiePhotographs.fototime.com/Quayside/Close
__________________
Regards

Steve Ellwood
www.steve-ellwood.org.uk
Steve Ellwood no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 24th, 2016, 06:23 PM   #22
Ken O'Heed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17,054
Likes (Received): 3568

Bridge Court, Close, Quayside area, Newcastle - pictures 24/01/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ellwood View Post
Nothing heard for a couple of years on this proposal but a Submission of Construction Method Statement has just been granted by the City Planers so there may be some progress soon?

2012/1554/03/DCC | Submission of Construction Method Statement to comply with Condition 10 of permission 2012/1554/02/RVC dated 30.01.2014: Minor Material Amendment: Variation of condition 16 - approved plans - (internal layouts of floors 0f-4f, reconfigured conference facility to have raised roof to courtyard area, single storey structure to south east elevation to be demolished) of planning decision 2012/1554/01/DET dated 14 January, 2013: Change of use of office building (Class B1) to hotel (Class C1) comprising of 160 bedrooms with ancillary restaurant bar, with associated business conference facilities | Bridge Court Close Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3BA

Reference 2012/1554/03/DCC
Alternative Reference PP-04636191
Application Received Tue 17 Nov 2015
Application Validated Tue 17 Nov 2015
Address Bridge Court Close Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3BA
Proposal Submission of Construction Method Statement to comply with Condition 10 of permission 2012/1554/02/RVC dated 30.01.2014: Minor Material Amendment: Variation of condition 16 - approved plans - (internal layouts of floors 0f-4f, reconfigured conference facility to have raised roof to courtyard area, single storey structure to south east elevation to be demolished) of planning decision 2012/1554/01/DET dated 14 January, 2013: Change of use of office building (Class B1) to hotel (Class C1) comprising of 160 bedrooms with ancillary restaurant bar, with associated business conference facilities
Status Decided - 18th December 2015
Decision Grant

https://publicaccessapplications.new...=NXY65GBSMCI00

This is a photograph of Bridge House, taken 19th May 2014:


Image hosted on http://GeordiePhotographs.fototime.com/Quayside/Close
Some pictures by myself Sunday 24/01/16 approx 1015 showing Bridge House building "close up", now with Thompsons of Prudhoe "Demolition" signs in place - suggests something happening









Images hosted on Photobucket

KEN
Ken O'Heed está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2016, 02:33 PM   #23
Stamford
Registered User
 
Stamford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Crawley
Posts: 3,127
Likes (Received): 684

Bridge Court, Close

19th February 2016

Internal "demolition" still under way

DSCN6472 by stamford0001, on Flickr

DSCN6473 by stamford0001, on Flickr
__________________
Recently repatriated "Expat" southerner, living in West Sussex again after 29 years away, mostly in Tyne & Wear - Regular picture taker and loads of pictures taken most weeks.......

My Photostream on Flikr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
Stamford no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 9th, 2016, 07:51 PM   #24
Newcastle Historian
Moderator and Archivist
 
Newcastle Historian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Posts: 21,341
Likes (Received): 1962

Former BT offices on the Quayside to be converted into "The River View" Hotel
By Coreena Ford, The Chronicle, 7th March 2016


Bridge Court, former BT building, to become a HOTEL

A brand new hotel is set to open on Newcastle Quayside as part of a multi-million development being spearheaded by regional property investors. Bridge Court, the former offices of telecoms giant BT, is set to be converted into a 160-bed hotel overlooking the River Tyne, complete with a restaurant bar and business and conference facilties. The conversion project will breathe life back into Bridge Court, which has lain empty since it was vacated by BT in October 2011.

It is hoped further details will emerge in the coming months, including the name of the hotel operator, but work is already under way on the site. Construction firm Thompsons of Prudhoe is currently at Bridge Court, starting work inside the building by stripping out all fixtures and fittings to take the interior back to brickwork walls and concrete floors.

With a working title of The River View Hotel, the start of work comes three years after planning permission was first sought to transform the former BT building into a hotel. It is understood Union Retail Properties’ purchase came after permission was granted.

Read More - http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/busin...=FB-Chron-main
Newcastle Historian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 08:08 PM   #25
newcastlepubs
Light touch moderator
 
newcastlepubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 12,016
Likes (Received): 1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcastle Historian View Post
Former BT offices on the Quayside to be converted into "The River View" Hotel
By Coreena Ford, The Chronicle, 7th March 2016


Bridge Court, former BT building, to become a HOTEL

A brand new hotel is set to open on Newcastle Quayside as part of a multi-million development being spearheaded by regional property investors. Bridge Court, the former offices of telecoms giant BT, is set to be converted into a 160-bed hotel overlooking the River Tyne, complete with a restaurant bar and business and conference facilties. The conversion project will breathe life back into Bridge Court, which has lain empty since it was vacated by BT in October 2011.

It is hoped further details will emerge in the coming months, including the name of the hotel operator, but work is already under way on the site. Construction firm Thompsons of Prudhoe is currently at Bridge Court, starting work inside the building by stripping out all fixtures and fittings to take the interior back to brickwork walls and concrete floors.

With a working title of The River View Hotel, the start of work comes three years after planning permission was first sought to transform the former BT building into a hotel. It is understood Union Retail Properties’ purchase came after permission was granted.

Read More - http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/busin...=FB-Chron-main
Company owns inter alia Exchange Buildings [Premier Inn Quayside]. I wonder if they are developing with a view to operating or to just have someone else in there.
newcastlepubs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2016, 05:03 PM   #26
Steve Ellwood
Registered User
 
Steve Ellwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne/Whitley Bay
Posts: 43,023
Likes (Received): 4749

Bridge Court, Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ellwood View Post
Planning Application GRANTED CONDITIONALLY

Reference 2012/1554/01/DET
Alternative Reference Not Available
Application Received Mon 26 Nov 2012
Address Bridge Court The Close Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3BA
Proposal Change of use of office building (Class B1) to hotel (Class C1) comprising of 160 bedrooms with ancillary restaurant bar, with associated business conference facilities
Status Granted Conditionally
http://publicaccess.newcastle.gov.uk...=ME5ALSBS0DL00
2016/1221/01/DET | Change of use of the west wing office building from (Class B1) to hotel (Class C1) comprising of 120 bedrooms with associated ancillary facilities including reception, restaurant and bar at ground floor and plant in roof space. Refurbishment of the east wing building for continued office use with the addition of a commercial unit (Class A1/A2) to ground floor. Removal of existing glass bridge link and alterations to elevations including replacement windows. Erection of restaurant to front and associated landscaping to courtyard area. | Bridge Court Close Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3BA
Reference 2016/1221/01/DET
Alternative Reference PP-05364815
Application Received Wed 03 Aug 2016
Application Validated Fri 05 Aug 2016
Address Bridge Court Close Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3BA
Proposal Change of use of the west wing office building from (Class B1) to hotel (Class C1) comprising of 120 bedrooms with associated ancillary facilities including reception, restaurant and bar at ground floor and plant in roof space. Refurbishment of the east wing building for continued office use with the addition of a commercial unit (Class A1/A2) to ground floor. Removal of existing glass bridge link and alterations to elevations including replacement windows. Erection of restaurant to front and associated landscaping to courtyard area.
Status Registered
https://publicaccessapplications.new...=OBCCJMBSIYH00


Image hosted on http://GeordiePhotographs.fototime.com/Quayside/Close

From the Design & Access Statement - copyright Faulkner Brown Architect

Outline of the Project Sitting within a riverscape setting that is famous across the world, and providing an unrivalled outlook to Newcastle’s iconic bridges, the River View site is a prime location within the city and the region.

Since telecommunications company BT moved out of the office building in 2011, the site has remained largely vacant.

However work has started to implement an extant planning approval for change of use to a Hotel (Ref: 2012/1554/01/ DET).

The proposals to which this planning application relate, seek to bring the entire site back into use, an extension to the successful redevelopment of the nearby Stephenson Quarter and breathing life back into this western end of the quayside.
__________________
Regards

Steve Ellwood
www.steve-ellwood.org.uk
Steve Ellwood no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2016, 01:49 PM   #27
Steve Ellwood
Registered User
 
Steve Ellwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne/Whitley Bay
Posts: 43,023
Likes (Received): 4749

Travelodge to open Quayside hotel in Newcastle with riverfront restaurant

Courtesy of today's Chronicle Live, copyright NCJMedia Ltd @ http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/busin...astle-11772508
Travelodge to open Quayside hotel in Newcastle with riverfront restaurant
19 Aug 2016 By Graeme Whitfield



Travelodge will be opening a Quayside hotel in Newcastle in a development that will also create a waterfront bar and restaurant.

Documents seen by The Journal on plans to convert the former BT offices at Bridge Court show that Travelodge will be the tenants of a 120-bed hotel being developed in the former office block that has been empty for the last five years. The hotel plans have been scaled back from an earlier scheme and initial proposals to add new floors to the building have been abandoned. But the development will include a restaurant and bar overlooking the Tyne which will have a first floor balcony to take advantage of the river views.

A planning application submitted to Newcastle City Council says: “The proposals to which this planning application relate seek to bring the site back into use and breathe life back into this western end of the Quayside. The site is considered to be a good location for the proposed uses, having access to nearby city centre services and transport facilities. It also offers many attractions to future guests being located on the riverside.”

The application outlines how initial plans for a 140-bed hotel that would have involved two new floors being added to the building have been scaled back in response to Travelodge’s requirements for the building and a lack of demand for the office space being retained in the building. As well as the hotel and restaurant, the converted building will contain 3,800 square metres of office space, a small shop and 97 car parking spaces.

The development is being carried out by Union Retail Properties, a Newcastle-based firm which is part of investment vehicle Union Property Services. The family-run firm was formed in 2014 by Mukesh and Promila Sehgal – the entrepreneurs who founded the fashion and clothing business Visage in the 1980s before selling it to Hong Kong-based Li Fung in a £175m deal – and their son Raj Sehgal. Last year the company, which is based at Cobalt Business Park, announced it was embarking on a series of developments across the North East and beyond, having secured a £100m refinancing package with Natwest.

Read more @ http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/busin...astle-11772508
__________________
Regards

Steve Ellwood
www.steve-ellwood.org.uk
Steve Ellwood no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2016, 02:55 PM   #28
newcastlepubs
Light touch moderator
 
newcastlepubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 12,016
Likes (Received): 1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcastlepubs View Post
Company owns inter alia Exchange Buildings [Premier Inn Quayside]. I wonder if they are developing with a view to operating or to just have someone else in there.
Ta dah... though I thought it was more likely to be Premier Inn.

I wonder if this is to offset the closure of the Silverlink Property, if another will close or if it's expansion. Good location for them. It might reconnect that end of the Quayside, cause Copthorne to refurb and perhaps even re pen Pravda.
newcastlepubs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2016, 04:45 PM   #29
paddytoonleics
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Posts: 1,225
Likes (Received): 225

Yeah I thought it might be someone else too - although Traveldoge feel unusually unrepresented in a city like Newcastle, I think.

A Copthorne refurb is so long overdue - woefully dated for years now.
paddytoonleics no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2016, 04:57 PM   #30
newcastlepubs
Light touch moderator
 
newcastlepubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 12,016
Likes (Received): 1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddytoonleics View Post
Yeah I thought it might be someone else too - although Traveldoge feel unusually unrepresented in a city like Newcastle, I think.

A Copthorne refurb is so long overdue - woefully dated for years now.
I d also have thought possibly another Accor property [underrepresented too] Ibis or Novotel. Travelodge should to ok there. It will hopefully get a bit more life at that end of the Quayside. Pass the Quayside bar and its a watseland.

You re right on Copthorne. Needs work I d say. Stand to be corrected but a friend who uses the gym told me the pool is shut and consequently they lost [gave away?] a star. Mind you never forgiven them for a drink with Mrs NP. Fancied a glass of red 'oh what do you recommend'... 20odd quid for two drinks ...grrrr.
newcastlepubs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2016, 05:05 PM   #31
paddytoonleics
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Posts: 1,225
Likes (Received): 225

Well something's gotta pay for the upkeep of those floral drapes and deep-backed cathode TV's...

V.frustrating because it should be spot on - impressive public spaces, stunning setting, apt scale, a multi-storey on-site, valet canopy etc. Still clinging on to it's 90's 'bands and footballers stay there so....' thing.

Travelodge will attract a decent mix, who will spend money. The proposed 'shop', bar and restaurant will help that end of the Quayside - and it would be brilliant if Pravada et al started to re-emerge. It's so close to Forth/Stephenson, lots of apartments...all nearly getting there...
paddytoonleics no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2016, 05:10 PM   #32
newcastlepubs
Light touch moderator
 
newcastlepubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 12,016
Likes (Received): 1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddytoonleics View Post
Well something's gotta pay for the upkeep of those floral drapes and deep-backed cathode TV's...

V.frustrating because it should be spot on - impressive public spaces, stunning setting, apt scale, a multi-storey on-site, valet canopy etc. Still clinging on to it's 90's 'bands and footballers stay there so....' thing.

Travelodge will attract a decent mix, who will spend money. The proposed 'shop', bar and restaurant will help that end of the Quayside - and it would be brilliant if Pravada et al started to re-emerge. It's so close to Forth/Stephenson, lots of apartments...all nearly getting there...
Quite - I stay in too many hotels and my recent experience of Copthornes is just that 90s rooms, pricey and really hard to get a deal from. A sort of upmarket Britannia hotels without the discounts.

As you say it will hopefully create a circuit with Stephenson Quarter. Lots of paces under the apartments to fill too, but sometimes difficult to get 'licenced' leisure in those.
newcastlepubs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2016, 04:33 PM   #33
Steve Ellwood
Registered User
 
Steve Ellwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne/Whitley Bay
Posts: 43,023
Likes (Received): 4749

Bridge Court, Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ellwood View Post
2016/1221/01/DET | Change of use of the west wing office building from (Class B1) to hotel (Class C1) comprising of 120 bedrooms with associated ancillary facilities including reception, restaurant and bar at ground floor and plant in roof space. Refurbishment of the east wing building for continued office use with the addition of a commercial unit (Class A1/A2) to ground floor. Removal of existing glass bridge link and alterations to elevations including replacement windows. Erection of restaurant to front and associated landscaping to courtyard area. | Bridge Court Close Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3BA
Reference 2016/1221/01/DET
Alternative Reference PP-05364815
Application Received Wed 03 Aug 2016
Application Validated Fri 05 Aug 2016
Address Bridge Court Close Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3BA
Proposal Change of use of the west wing office building from (Class B1) to hotel (Class C1) comprising of 120 bedrooms with associated ancillary facilities including reception, restaurant and bar at ground floor and plant in roof space. Refurbishment of the east wing building for continued office use with the addition of a commercial unit (Class A1/A2) to ground floor. Removal of existing glass bridge link and alterations to elevations including replacement windows. Erection of restaurant to front and associated landscaping to courtyard area.
Status Registered
https://publicaccessapplications.new...=OBCCJMBSIYH00


Image hosted on http://GeordiePhotographs.fototime.com/Quayside/Close

From the Design & Access Statement - copyright Faulkner Brown Architect

Outline of the Project Sitting within a riverscape setting that is famous across the world, and providing an unrivalled outlook to Newcastle’s iconic bridges, the River View site is a prime location within the city and the region.

Since telecommunications company BT moved out of the office building in 2011, the site has remained largely vacant.

However work has started to implement an extant planning approval for change of use to a Hotel (Ref: 2012/1554/01/ DET).

The proposals to which this planning application relate, seek to bring the entire site back into use, an extension to the successful redevelopment of the nearby Stephenson Quarter and breathing life back into this western end of the quayside.
Status Decided
Decision Grant Conditionally
Decision Issued Date Tue 25 Oct 2016
__________________
Regards

Steve Ellwood
www.steve-ellwood.org.uk
Steve Ellwood no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2017, 06:41 PM   #34
Steve Ellwood
Registered User
 
Steve Ellwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne/Whitley Bay
Posts: 43,023
Likes (Received): 4749

Bridge Court, Close - 10th January 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ellwood View Post
2016/1221/01/DET | Change of use of the west wing office building from (Class B1) to hotel (Class C1) comprising of 120 bedrooms with associated ancillary facilities including reception, restaurant and bar at ground floor and plant in roof space. Refurbishment of the east wing building for continued office use with the addition of a commercial unit (Class A1/A2) to ground floor. Removal of existing glass bridge link and alterations to elevations including replacement windows. Erection of restaurant to front and associated landscaping to courtyard area. | Bridge Court Close Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3BA
Reference 2016/1221/01/DET
Alternative Reference PP-05364815
Application Received Wed 03 Aug 2016
Application Validated Fri 05 Aug 2016
Address Bridge Court Close Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3BA
Proposal Change of use of the west wing office building from (Class B1) to hotel (Class C1) comprising of 120 bedrooms with associated ancillary facilities including reception, restaurant and bar at ground floor and plant in roof space. Refurbishment of the east wing building for continued office use with the addition of a commercial unit (Class A1/A2) to ground floor. Removal of existing glass bridge link and alterations to elevations including replacement windows. Erection of restaurant to front and associated landscaping to courtyard area.
Status Registered
https://publicaccessapplications.new...=OBCCJMBSIYH00


Image hosted on http://GeordiePhotographs.fototime.com/Quayside/Close

From the Design & Access Statement - copyright Faulkner Brown Architect

Outline of the Project Sitting within a riverscape setting that is famous across the world, and providing an unrivalled outlook to Newcastle’s iconic bridges, the River View site is a prime location within the city and the region.

Since telecommunications company BT moved out of the office building in 2011, the site has remained largely vacant.

However work has started to implement an extant planning approval for change of use to a Hotel (Ref: 2012/1554/01/ DET).

The proposals to which this planning application relate, seek to bring the entire site back into use, an extension to the successful redevelopment of the nearby Stephenson Quarter and breathing life back into this western end of the quayside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ellwood View Post
Status Decided
Decision Grant Conditionally
Decision Issued Date Tue 25 Oct 2016
Good to see some 'action' on this proposed development when I passed this morning, 10th January 2017. Scaffolding being erected at the western elevation and a compound in the land to the east.






Images hosted on https://www.flickr.com/photos/steve-...57678897242786
__________________
Regards

Steve Ellwood
www.steve-ellwood.org.uk
Steve Ellwood no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2017, 09:14 PM   #35
Ken O'Heed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17,054
Likes (Received): 3568

Proposed hotel etc at Bridge Court, Close, Newcastle - pictures 13/01/17 Part 1 of 2

Follow up on post #1362

Some pictures (over 2 posts) by myself from Friday 13/01/17 PM showing continued work to erect scaffolding etc for proposed hotel etc at Bridge Court, Close, Newcastle



















Images hosted on Photobucket

More on following post

KEN
Ken O'Heed está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2017, 09:14 PM   #36
Ken O'Heed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17,054
Likes (Received): 3568

Proposed hotel etc at Bridge Court, Close, Newcastle - pictures 13/01/17 Part 2 of 2

Part 2 of 2

Some pictures by myself from Friday 13/01/17 PM showing continued work to erect scaffolding etc for proposed hotel etc at Bridge Court, Close, Newcastle



















Images hosted on Photobucket

KEN
Ken O'Heed está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2017, 12:15 PM   #37
Ken O'Heed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17,054
Likes (Received): 3568

Proposed hotel etc at Bridge Court, Close, Newcastle - pictures 14/01/17 Part 1 of 2

Follow up on the above posts

Some pictures by myself from Saturday 14/01/17 approx 1100 showing the situation with work to erect scaffolding etc for proposed hotel etc at Bridge Court, Close, Newcastle as viewed from riverside footpath on Gateshead side of the Tyne











Images hosted on Photobucket

KEN
Ken O'Heed está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2017, 09:09 PM   #38
Ken O'Heed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17,054
Likes (Received): 3568

Proposed hotel etc at Bridge Court, Close, Newcastle - pictures 22/01/17

Some pictures by myself from Sunday 22/01/17 approx 0930 & 1300 showing the situation with work to erect scaffolding etc for proposed hotel etc at Bridge Court, Close, Newcastle as viewed from High Level Bridge & riverside footpath on Newcastle side of the Tyne















From signs on the metal hoardings Main Contractor is Bowmer & Kirkland



See this post regards removal of the trees from riverside path, elevation facing the river, https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1093

Images hosted on Photobucket

KEN
Ken O'Heed está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2017, 09:47 PM   #39
Ken O'Heed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17,054
Likes (Received): 3568

Proposed hotel etc at Bridge Court, Close, Newcastle - pictures 25/01/17

Some further pictures by myself from Wednesday 25/01/17 approx 1100 showing the situation with work to erect scaffolding etc for proposed hotel etc at Bridge Court, Close, Newcastle as viewed from west footpath of High Level Bridge

Further sheeting now in place to east elevation











Images hosted on Photobucket

KEN
Ken O'Heed está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2017, 03:08 PM   #40
Ken O'Heed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17,054
Likes (Received): 3568

Proposed hotel etc at Bridge Court, Close, Newcastle - pictures 14/02/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken O'Heed View Post
Some further pictures by myself from Wednesday 25/01/17 approx 1100 showing the situation with work to erect scaffolding etc for proposed hotel etc at Bridge Court, Close, Newcastle as viewed from west footpath of High Level Bridge

Further sheeting now in place to east elevation





Images hosted on Photobucket

KEN
The above is post #1375 of 25/01/17 (most pictures removed)

Some further pictures by myself from Tuesday 14/02/17 approx 1200 showing the situation with work to erect scaffolding etc for proposed hotel etc at Bridge Court, Close, Newcastle as viewed from a wander in north direction on west footpath of High Level Bridge

Further scaffold and sheeting (with Bowmer & Kirkland signs) now in place to most elevations













Once sheeting in place to all elevations nothing to be seen for quite a while

Extracts of the scheme from NCC Planning Portal

2016/1221/01/DET

Change of use of the west wing office building from (Class B1) to hotel (Class C1) comprising of 120 bedrooms with associated ancillary facilities including reception, restaurant and bar at ground floor and plant in roof space. Refurbishment of the east wing building for continued office use with the addition of a commercial unit (Class A1/A2) to ground floor. Removal of existing glass bridge link and alterations to elevations including replacement windows. Erection of restaurant (Class A3) to front and associated landscaping to courtyard area.

Bridge Court Close Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3BA

Decision - Grant Conditionally

Decision Issued Date - Tue 25 Oct 2016

https://publicaccessapplications.new...=OBCCJMBSIYH00


Images hosted on Photobucket

KEN
Ken O'Heed está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 


Reply

Tags
construction, hotel, hotels, newcastle, newcastle hotels, newcastle quayside, project, project - newcastle area, quayside

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ACTUALIZACIONES | LISTA MAESTRA DE PROYECTOS | Información y Fotografías Melkor2004 Ciudad de México 16910 July 9th, 2019 07:32 AM
FORUM INDEX - Newcastle Forum ALPHABETICAL SUBJECT INDEX to factual posts on this forum Newcastle Historian Newcastle Metro Area 79 March 13th, 2012 09:29 AM
WEBSITES LISTING - A comprehensive list of LINKS to Local/Newcastle Area Websites Newcastle Historian Newcastle Metro Area 21 June 29th, 2010 03:04 PM
DEVELOPMENT SUMMARY - Sunderland and Durham Forum PROJECTS Listing Newcastle Historian Sunderland and Durham 0 March 2nd, 2010 03:41 PM
DEVELOPMENT SUMMARY - Newcastle Metro Area Forum: Projects Listing newcastlepubs Newcastle Metro Area 0 February 7th, 2010 06:32 PM


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:42 PM. • styleid: 14


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us