Save LRT2 Facts and Data (Reference Thread for those needing research materials) - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Railways

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old August 25th, 2016, 03:38 AM   #41
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Likes (Received): 5213

Here is the Senate Livestream via Youtube...

Important Highlights...

Ms. Elvira Medina, MRT2, or LRT2 vs BRT: 1:34:33 to 1:35:24

Senator Drillon / Senator Poe / Usec Kintanar vs Francis Yuseco: 2:34:51 - 2:43:00

"The best solution all over the world, time tested, safe, no pollution, is still the use of the train system." - Ms. Elvira Medina, Nat'l Center for Commuter Safety and Protection
queetz@home no está en línea  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 25th, 2016, 04:15 AM   #42
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

I will post notes as they come...

- Grace Poe opens the session, bashing Joseph Emilio Aguinaldo Abaya and his infamous "Traffic is not fatal" line...
- Grace Poe says people on the ground should be consulted...
- PBOAP is resisting the plan to move bus terminals from EDSA, claiming removing buses will NOT reduce traffic
- It seems as of writing (10:32 am) bus operator representatives, including Francis Yuseco, dominate this list of "experts", all seem to be fighting for their own self interest!
- Grace Poe is asking hard questions to the Southern Luzon bus people....
- Naks...Pacman speaks and puts bus proponent in their place...
- Grace Poe mentioned "train" for the Intermodal Terminal, Usec Kintanar speaks and they talk about LRT1 extension. 36 months for LRT1 SEP if ROW is delivered.
- LOTS OF RESISTANCE from special interest groups from the intermodal terminal proposals...

- Elvira Medina of the National Centre for Commuter Safety mentions a slide showing the benefits of MRT2, or LRT vs BRT! This is most likely the slide created by the itsMRT2 community with cooperation with Skyscrapercity. Ms Medina was the same person that showed the SSC Common Station, "Which is more convenient?" infographic from last year's Senate Hearing on the MRT3 issues.

THANK YOU Elvira Medina!

- Urban Planner made a presentation and states that government, NOT the private sector, should be initiating these transportation solutions
- Lagman says BRT is successful in Latin American Countries. Thailand BRT is a failure...3 lines ware envisioned only 1 was implemented.

- Francis Yuseco speaks, states a plan to "REPLACE" rail with his track is being implemented. Senator Drillon and Grace Poe were very shocked!!! Usec Kintanar clarifies that Yuseco did make a presentation to the DOTr but has not been given the green light.

THANK YOU Senator Drilon, Senator Poe, and USec Noel Kintanar!

"The best solution all over the world, time tested, safe, no pollution, is still the use of the train system." - Ms. Elvira Medina, Nat'l Center for Commuter Safety and Protection

Last edited by [email protected]; August 25th, 2016 at 09:58 AM.
Old August 25th, 2016, 06:16 AM   #43
romyman

Likes (Received): 563

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyman View Post
Video quality is only 240p
Lagman says BRT is successful in Latin American Countries. Thailand BRT is a failure...3 lines ware envisioned only 1 was implemented.
romyman no está en línea  
Old August 25th, 2016, 06:41 AM   #44
ArrowHead30
Pinoy Winnipeger

Likes (Received): 119

Yuseco is now speaking... "Consortium of truck and buses" mukhang nabulol pa.

EDIT: What is he saying? He's using his investment banker card, his economic plans. Senator Drilon grilled him on why he wants to replace the rail system.

EDIT: Informal settlers will be our allies. LOL, omg this is becoming a comedy. Grace Poe is grilling him on that as well.

EDIT: Kinopya lang ng America. LOL, BRT daw galing sa America. Pinalitan pa daw ng Canada sa RBT. Ano? Here in Winnipeg we just just call it "Rapid Transit" but it's still BRT.

Kintanar: No green light at this point.

Jaime Lerner
ArrowHead30 no está en línea  
Old August 25th, 2016, 06:50 AM   #45
private-i

Likes (Received): 183

OMG sabi ni Yuseco tanggalin ang PNR at gawing BRT daw. Drilon initially said that he wanted that PNR to be used as cargo railway. Tumawa si Drilon nung narinig niya yung mga suggestions of Yuseco. This guy is crazy. Anyway, he went on talking for like 15-20 mins but then Poe stopped him and said to just submit your proposal. My God we should stop this guy. He practially wants to remove all railways and replace with BRT.

Btw, Kintanar reacted by saying that yes there were conversations with Yuseco but there is no green light on any of his proposals.
private-i no está en línea  
Old August 25th, 2016, 06:56 AM   #46
McMarco

Likes (Received): 882

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
If I understand the Senate proceedings correctly, Francis Yuseco made his statements under oath. I wonder...can he be sued for lying under oath?
Yes, for perjury.
McMarco no está en línea  
Old August 25th, 2016, 07:34 AM   #47
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 10266

Now we all know why past Administrations did not seriously consider his proposal.

As I've said, Yuseco's mole at the DOTr to allow him to meet and present his proposal to Tugade deserves to be thrown out the 17th Floor of the Columbia Tower.

===

It's too early to tell but I really hope USec. Kintanar proves us wrong - he may be indeed our rail champion after all.

PRRD, #SONA2019
absinthe_888 no está en línea  
Old August 25th, 2016, 07:55 AM   #48
itsMRT2
BANNED

Likes (Received): 103

Sen. Cayetano

All that everyone has said here is correct, kung may mali man mga 0.1% lang.

0.1% = Yuseco
itsMRT2 no está en línea  
Old August 25th, 2016, 07:55 AM   #49
pau_p1
Proud to be Filipino

Likes (Received): 1034

Anyway I liked how Poe and Drilon almost grilled Yuseco and tried to stop him in his spiel to the point him sounding very absurd....
pau_p1 no está en línea  
Old August 25th, 2016, 09:34 AM   #50
ewh1
Red Hot.

Likes (Received): 93

Francis Yuseco seems like that guy, that had a brilliant idea at one time, but didn't change with the times and kept holding on to it without considering the world/needs change.

His speech was pretty much how he worked with JICA, ODA, World Bank to provide financial assistance. It was the only dominant thing that made him somewhat competent with what he was talking about.

Ps, anyone notice that architect beside him face palming and looking uncomfortable while Mr Yuseco was talking? Cringeworthy

s_w_stars liked this post
ewh1 no está en línea  
Old August 27th, 2016, 03:27 PM   #51
s_w_stars

Likes (Received): 4833

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isopropyl View Post
I think criticisms reached Tugade already. He had an interview last night with IBC13 and he was so defensive all along even if there was no mention of brt conversion. When he was presenting his other plans, he was like: "Plano pa lang po ito ha. Baka marami na naman ang aangal jan."
The biggest mistake Sec Tugade is making is planning. The previous 6 years was spent on planning - leche planning. There had been plans and plan before that, and the best plans were the original plans. All Mr. Tugade has to do is not to waste his time and the commuters' time in planning BUT to evaluate the different plans, modes of transport and how to execute them. He should present to the Senate Committee an integrated approach with specific solutions to the traffic situation in Metro Manila, and timelines. Since the last 6 years, he doesn't have the luxury of time.

He needs take a moratorium on accepting proposals until he has done his homework - needs assessment. That effing BRT proposal is 20 years too late, and he wasted his people's time, the Senate time, and our time discussing the lack of merit of this stupid idea from Yuseco.

The beauty in Arroyo's time was there was NO planning at all. All she and her bright boys did was dust off the old plans, updated them and executed them (RORO, L2, SCTEX, L1/L3 loop, etc), public works etc. As we see now, all these projects have yielded tremendous economic benefits, until Noynoy tried to undo them. In computer lingo, DOT should be renamed dot.exe. Click and it performs!

Agent Smit, JMKaspog liked this post
s_w_stars no está en línea  
Old September 8th, 2016, 04:58 AM   #52
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

The latest infographic from the It's MRT2 Community...

From Facebook

Please share...

johannsky liked this post
Old September 16th, 2016, 02:55 PM   #53
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Here is the news clip from TV Patrol...

It looks like we are really making headway here, now being broadcast in the mainstream media.

youdamiren liked this post

Last edited by [email protected]; September 17th, 2016 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Updated URL of video
Old September 17th, 2016, 08:45 AM   #54
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

I know this is old news but I took the liberty to split the August 25 Senate Hearing clip of Francis Yuseco being debunked....

If you haven't seen it yet due to not wanting to go through 4 hours worth of bandwith (i.e. poor internet connection), this clip should be more accessible...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread