JICA-Metro Manila Subway | Length: 36 km| 15 Stations - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Railways

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 22nd, 2016, 07:22 AM   #41
boy_wanderer
BANNED

Likes (Received): 63

As the budget secretary said, all the projects will be executed concurrently, NOT sequentially.

RayQ, private-i, Bosnyboy liked this post
boy_wanderer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 22nd, 2016, 11:08 AM   #42
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Likes (Received): 5196

As it should be for all cities around the world trying to play catch up for much needed mass transit improvements. I kinda wish governments would just forget about the sequential habit of expanding transit lines. It just pits one area against another for "limited" funds when allocation of needed funds away from pet projects and towards transit expansion is really the issue...

"The best solution all over the world, time tested, safe, no pollution, is still the use of the train system." - Ms. Elvira Medina, Nat'l Center for Commuter Safety and Protection
queetz@home no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2016, 07:27 AM   #43
boy_wanderer
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy_wanderer View Post
I have the latest completed study made by JICA. I want to post the future Market Market TOD subway station proposal where the front rotunda will be turned into ala-Louvre skylight pyramid dome. However, I need to have 10 posts to do it. Hehe
Finally, I can post pictures now.

Here is the ground level BGC TOD Subway station proposal.

As you can see, the rotunda fronting Market Market will be turned into ala-Louvre skylight dome.

BGC Subway station is an interchange between the CBD subway loop, the EDSA subway line and the BGC BRT line. It will have underground direct access to SM Aura, Market Market and High Street which will have retail spaces

Do you want more info???

RayQ, sulong, leechtat liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 24th, 2016, 01:24 PM   #44
kingdiz_55

Likes (Received): 62

Here's the link to the entire document. http://open_jicareport.jica.go.jp/pdf/12244661_01.pdf
It's at around page 225.

leechtat liked this post
kingdiz_55 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2016, 02:33 PM   #45
boy_wanderer
BANNED

BGC Subway Station

This is the proposed BGC Subway Station. It will serve as an interchange for Manila CBD subway loop, EDSA subway line and BGC BRT Line. The station, as you can see, will have a skylight dome and will have direct underground access to Market Market, SM Aura and Bonifacio High Street.

happosai, BeaverQube, chestersim liked this post
Old July 24th, 2016, 03:13 PM   #46
whatuwan
Master of the D

Likes (Received): 259

Implementation schedule:

This is gonna be a really long wait
Optimistically we will see some construction before Duterte's term ends
whatuwan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2016, 03:23 PM   #47
happosai
<<-Pusit Hunter->>

Likes (Received): 832

Kung ituloy ng susunod na administrasyon. Eh kung mag ala pnoy ang susunod...

Particle 1 liked this post
happosai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2016, 03:37 PM   #48
chanlatorre

Likes (Received): 4799

Quote:
BGC Subway Station

This is the proposed BGC Subway Station. It will serve as an interchange for Manila CBD subway loop, EDSA subway line and BGC BRT Line. The station, as you can see, will have a skylight dome and will have direct underground access to Market Market, SM Aura and Bonifacio High Street.

na post na ng skyscrapcercityph sa fb to pati caption mo gayang-gaya, wala man lang credits hahahahaha https://www.facebook.com/skyscraperc...12785878836050
chanlatorre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2016, 04:18 PM   #49
~Winston~

Likes (Received): 54

Question, since I am ignorant on this subject, if this project push through, will there be a ROW acquisition for this? Since most of it is underground, will ROW be the same as the surface ROW procurement?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-"If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"- Spock, Star Trek 2009
~Winston~ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2016, 04:40 PM   #50
boy_wanderer
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanlatorre View Post
na post na ng skyscrapcercityph sa fb to pati caption mo gayang-gaya, wala man lang credits hahahahaha https://www.facebook.com/skyscraperc...12785878836050
Grabe. Verbatim. Copy and paste sa mga sarili kong salita.

@skscrapercity mod
, sana naman i-credit nyo naman. pati sarili kong mga salita copy and paste. This is the second time someone raised this to me.

Nakaka-discourage na mag-share ng iba pang resources. dami ko pa namang train related updates. parang ayaw ko na mag share.

#mahiya_naman
Old July 24th, 2016, 05:21 PM   #51
Particle 1
Evolving... Please wait.

Likes (Received): 5180

ikaw ba yan, @boy.turista, @boy,turista, @boy_turista, @boy__turista, etc.?

mods, can you please check?

edly liked this post

Last edited by Particle 1; July 24th, 2016 at 05:30 PM.
Particle 1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2016, 05:31 PM   #52
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Ugh! I actually knew he is boy.turista but we are still deciding internally if we are to take action or give him a second chance in the spirit of the revival of this project that is no longer mythical and magical thanks to Digong. But I guess the secret is out so if boy.turista wants to continue (and the other staff let him), as long as he behaves and do not cause any trouble, he can continue.

"The best solution all over the world, time tested, safe, no pollution, is still the use of the train system." - Ms. Elvira Medina, Nat'l Center for Commuter Safety and Protection
Old July 24th, 2016, 07:27 PM   #53
baybum7

Likes (Received): 609

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Winston~ View Post
Question, since I am ignorant on this subject, if this project push through, will there be a ROW acquisition for this? Since most of it is underground, will ROW be the same as the surface ROW procurement?
Yes. ROW covers both the airspace and underground. One of the reasons why the original plan of having it go through the golf course did not push through because the property owner did not allow the ROW to be given.

But, if the entire allignment will be below public roads, ROW will most likely be limited to the station entrance & exit aboveground.

~Winston~ liked this post
baybum7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2016, 08:15 PM   #54
le Reine
Finding destiny

Likes (Received): 2881

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybum7 View Post
Yes. ROW covers both the airspace and underground. One of the reasons why the original plan of having it go through the golf course did not push through because the property owner did not allow the ROW to be given.

But, if the entire allignment will be below public roads, ROW will most likely be limited to the station entrance & exit aboveground.
This is sad. I hope Congress would pass a law limiting the private ownership underground to a certain level so that ROW would be less expensive.
le Reine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2016, 09:56 PM   #55
baybum7

Likes (Received): 609

look on the bright side, at least we get two stations along edsa (Buendia and Ayala), the busiest roads in MM

I hope that the revival of this project involves the further extension to the Ortigas Business District though. Andyan na eh, why not connect four big business districts while we're at it.
baybum7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2016, 10:48 PM   #56
GodIsNotGreat

Likes (Received): 1274

I'm skeptical about this getting implemented. There's a lot of other railway projects that need to be pursued first, let alone other infrastructure like bridges and roads to relieve traffic in the metropolis. And resources are only so much.

Maybe by the next administration.

"There is no place in the brain for your soul to be hiding."
- Sam Harris
GodIsNotGreat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2016, 11:54 PM   #57
BeaverQube

Likes (Received): 1169

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Ugh! I actually knew he is boy.turista but we are still deciding internally if we are to take action or give him a second chance in the spirit of the revival of this project that is no longer mythical and magical thanks to Digong. But I guess the secret is out so if boy.turista wants to continue (and the other staff let him), as long as he behaves and do not cause any trouble, he can continue.

I think boy turista had posted several relevant information here before..To be honest, I think it is more beneficial to let him continue to participate in SSC to make this forum more exciting to read.

His posts make more sense than some here..Just saying!
BeaverQube no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 02:31 AM   #58
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

SSC do let banned members have a second chance if they are in the forums for the right reasons. Boy.turista seems genniunely interested in an aspect of the urban environment so his issue really is more on behavioural, meaning he causes trouble with others. As long as he behaves and controls himself so that threads won't get hijacked with fights, he is welcome. Respect of others even if their opinion differs from your own is really all that is being asked so things will stay civil.

Now for those that get banned since they have no interest in the urban environment...those that come only for Current Event threads, we have no tolerance for those. They are the true trolls that are a pain not just in SSC but for ALL forums, whether they are news sites, Facebook pages, and other interests such as gaming, showbiz, sports, etc.

Old July 25th, 2016, 05:52 AM   #59
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 10260

OT:

Well as today he hasn't posted yet with his trademark know-it-all face.

Baka naman nag bagong buhay na.

absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2016, 05:07 AM   #60
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 10260

OT:

Well less than 24 hours after I posted, looks like the real boy_turista is showing up.

Posted this as the NAIA Thread on a reply to chowpau:

Quote:
Dude. Dont equate the different context. Magkaiba po sila. Malinaw pa sa araw ang pagkakaiba. Do not use your own definition. Magbasa ka ng LAW.

PRRD, #SONA2019

absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement