JICA-Metro Manila Subway | Length: 36 km| 15 Stations - Page 7 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Railways

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 6th, 2016, 09:50 PM   #121
baybum7

Likes (Received): 607

isn't that what taxes are for?
baybum7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 10th, 2016, 03:56 AM   #122
chanlatorre

Likes (Received): 4799

Biggest Chinese train maker eyes PH projects

Quote:
China’s biggest train maker is sounding off to the Duterte administration that it wants to do more business here while offering larger investments that include a manufacturing plant in a country it described as a “valued friend and neighbor.”

State-run CRRC Dalian revealed these plans when its officials recently visited the Philippines to affirm their “solid intent” to modernize the country’s aging railway system, the company said in a statement.
Quote:
The Duterte administration, with its P1-trillion plan to build more railway systems within the next six years, including the country’s first subway system in the traffic-strangled capital, was shaping up to be fertile ground for infrastructure companies seeking to expand their business.

saintm liked this post
chanlatorre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2016, 04:07 AM   #123
hugodiekonig
Hyugo Korol'

Likes (Received): 96293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manila-X View Post
This is what I conceptualized for Line-5. Again, this is my idea and I'm sure some of your will either agree or disagree with me on this one.

Please excuse the text as I designed it on an existing map.

I decided to use brown for this line. I wanted to use red as this will be a primary metro line but looks like line-7 will be using this color.

Anyway, what I conceptualized will be a circular line. As this is primarily underground, such will be possible.

I have not thought of stations between Makati and McKinley Hill and if it's necessary to have stations in between them.

We start with Mall of Asia as this station will serve MOA, ASEANA City, etc.

An EDSA station will connect with lines, 1 and 3.

For Makati CBD, I decided to locate the station in The Ayala Ave. / Paseo De Roxas intersection.

If a large budget is given, there will be an underground walkway connecting this station with Ayala Centre and MRT.

I thought of this idea with HK's MTR connecting TST and East TST.

For BGC, there should be two stations, one in the central part of BGC and another in Uptown.

The station should be located where Fort Strip is at. For Uptown, the station should be near The Megaworld Mall.

There is development happening in Capital Commons so I proposed a station there. A station in Capital Commons will also serve those heading to Ultra. Another idea is to have an underground depot located there but I don't know if this is possible due to the topography / terrain.

The station in Ortigas Centre should be where The Podium is at as such is equidistant to Megamall and Ortigas CBD within Pasig.

Having a station in Greenhills would be convenient for those who want to shop there. From Ortigas to Greenhills itself can be a hassle.

From Greenhills, I proposed a station in Aurora to connect with Line-2. This station will serve the areas within Robinson's Magnolia and Broadway Centrum.

The E. Rodriguez station will serve the areas within St. Lukes and the nearby colleges and Residential developments.

I was thinking of España serving those within Banawe, nearby colleges and connectivity to PNR.

Those studying in UST will be fortunate to have a station serving them.

A Recto station will serve those within Quiapo plus connect with line-1

Binondo will serve this area including Escolta. An idea is to have a station within Ongpin and The Church.

Intramuros station will serve our historical areas and Luneta Park. Such will be convenient to our tourists.

Ermita will serve The Ermita and Malate areas. My idea is for the station to be located within Robinsons.

Harrison station will serve the area within Harrison Plaza / BSP.

Last is The Cultural Centre station serving this area including Star City, etc.

But again, this is my idea. My concerns though is still on the stability of the soil as the soil within The City of Manila is less strong compared to Makati and if it's possible to construct and underground network there. Plus flooding.

Though such can be solved using technology and if our government is willing to spend one such, or get BOT.

damihan pa ng railway system... sana may railway rin from LRT1 Buendia, then passing along Buendia. then hanggang BGC

another rin mula Las Pinas to Alabang

Quezon Ave to SM Fairview

basta damihan ng railway system kagaya dito sa Tokyo
hugodiekonig está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 8th, 2016, 04:12 PM   #124
OtAkAw
BUMMED

Likes (Received): 659

What's stopping the government from investing in more railway/subway lines in Metro Manila? Is it just financial constraints?

It's a universal solution eh. I wonder why we can't be as agressive. Jakarta, Bangkok, KL, are all aggressively expanding their railways. I'm so envious of China. Every year there's practically new train line sprouting in Chinese cities.
OtAkAw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2016, 02:50 AM   #125
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 10260

red tape
$$$
flood prone
earthquake prone
corruption
VESTED INTERESTS

PRRD, #SONA2019

saintm liked this post
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2016, 05:34 PM   #126
juandecervantes

Likes (Received): 376

Quote:
Umaabot na sa P8 trilyon ang hinihinging proyekto ng Department of Transportation para maibsan ang trapiko sa Metro Manila at maayos ang mga airport at pier sa bansa. Gusto ng DOTr na isailalim ang mga proyekto sa hinihinging special powers ng administrasyon. Nagpa-Patrol, Henry Omaga-Diaz. TV Patrol, Miyerkules, 16 Nobyembre 2016

Makati Subway para maibsan na ang trapiko sa CBD... One day..

hugodiekonig liked this post
juandecervantes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2016, 04:30 PM   #127
hugodiekonig
Hyugo Korol'

Quote:
Originally Posted by juandecervantes View Post

Makati Subway para maibsan na ang trapiko sa CBD... One day..
Yes!!!!

be like Tokyo with so many subways, one of which is 11.2 km from Shinjuku to Shinagawa

pag ganyan din sa Makati balang araw luluwag nang husto ang trapiko diyan lalo na sa Buendia at Ayala
Old November 29th, 2016, 02:34 AM   #128
lochinvar

Likes (Received): 900

Make a subway underneath Ayala Avenue.
lochinvar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2016, 09:22 PM   #129
Magniko
DDS(Davao Dabbing Squad)

Likes (Received): 921

Quote:
Originally Posted by absinthe_888 View Post

red tape
$$$
flood prone
earthquake prone
corruption
VESTED INTERESTS
Flood is not an issue if the entrances are elevated
West valley earthquake might be a problem, but as shown with Japan, it can be manageable

Red Tape is currently being cut

That only leaves us with corruption and vested interests
Which sucks, because neighboring nations are progressing much further with their infrastructure

If only Metro Manila could have infrastructure like China or Japan...
Magniko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2016, 04:24 PM   #130
lancetrn

Likes (Received): 203

It should be a subway connecting our CBDs. would be great to have the following connected: Ayala Center, BGC, McKinley Hill, Greenfield District, Ortigas Center, Circuit Makati, Rockwell, Eastwood City, MOA area, QC CBD, Ayala Technohub, Araneta Center, Binondo, and Greenhills.
lancetrn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2016, 04:14 AM   #131
hugodiekonig
Hyugo Korol'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magniko View Post
Flood is not an issue if the entrances are elevated
West valley earthquake might be a problem, but as shown with Japan, it can be manageable

Red Tape is currently being cut

That only leaves us with corruption and vested interests
Which sucks, because neighboring nations are progressing much further with their infrastructure

If only Metro Manila could have infrastructure like China or Japan...
agreed... bahain pa nga ang Tokyo but still have subways above and below sea level
Old December 19th, 2016, 04:16 AM   #132
hugodiekonig
Hyugo Korol'

gusto ko may tren mula Buendia Station LRT1 then passing through Buendia, mag-cocross sa Guadalupe, then papuntang Taguig...
Old December 19th, 2016, 04:34 AM   #133
lochinvar

Have the Duterte administration started the ball rolling for this subway system?
Old December 19th, 2016, 06:29 PM   #134
Magniko
DDS(Davao Dabbing Squad)

Likes (Received): 921

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochinvar View Post
Have the Duterte administration started the ball rolling for this subway system?
Last I heard, they are considering it, and as the gov is now planning to spend record high sums of money on infrastructure, I believe we will see this stating construction in a few years

I mean, whenever i hear Metro Manila, I always think of a metro(subway)
Magniko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2016, 08:15 PM   #135
lochinvar

Everything above ground that they do to solve the chaotic traffic would be cosmetic. To solve the traffic exponentially involves the subway. Make it 4 lane subway, the middle lanes for those farther distances and the outer lanes for nearer distances.

hugodiekonig, RayQ, Magniko liked this post
Old December 20th, 2016, 02:57 AM   #136
hugodiekonig
Hyugo Korol'

Quote:
Everything above ground that they do to solve the chaotic traffic would be cosmetic. To solve the traffic exponentially involves the subway. Make it 4 lane subway, the middle lanes for those farther distances and the outer lanes for nearer distances.
highly agreed
Old January 5th, 2017, 03:43 AM   #137
lochinvar

Is there a need for Emergency Power for this subway? Has JICA already finished the feasibility study and route? Everything I hear and read are all above ground which are problematic.
Old January 5th, 2017, 05:50 AM   #138
Bosnyboy

Likes (Received): 3401

Problem with subway proj i think is funding. Thats what duterte said during in one of his press conferences
Bosnyboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2017, 05:16 PM   #139
lochinvar

China promised funding for Digong's projects. Above ground projects are already getting into the nerves of Tugade, he might as well concentrate with the subway which can carry more people than the above ground.
Old January 9th, 2017, 02:25 AM   #140
hugodiekonig
Hyugo Korol'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnyboy View Post
Problem with subway proj i think is funding. Thats what duterte said during in one of his press conferences
Quote:
China promised funding for Digong's projects. Above ground projects are already getting into the nerves of Tugade, he might as well concentrate with the subway which can carry more people than the above ground.
isn't it obviously funded by Japan?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement