Cebu LRT | Length: 21 kms | 16 Stations - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Railways

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 7th, 2016, 10:38 AM   #21
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Likes (Received): 5178

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanfrancisco View Post
Sana ang susunod na maging presidente ngayong 2016 ay maipag-patuloy pa ang pag-unlad sa ating bansa. Ang hirap na maging mahirap sa bayan natin.
I already posted this in the 2016 Election thread but it is relevant here. If the surveys are to be believed, you may actually get your wish...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, while I am first and foremost a Duterte supporter, Grace Poe is a VERY VERY close second choice. After all, we have a few things in common...we despise Joseph Emilio Aguinaldo Abaya and love rail rapid transit!

Poe eyes Metro Rail Transit system in Cebu

Quote:
Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu – Presidential aspirant Senator Grace Poe is eyeing the establishment of a Metro Rail Transit (MRT) system in Metro Cebu to address the worsening traffic problem and ease the plight of the commuting Cebuanos.

In wooing the vote-rich province, the presidential frontrunner promised to establish a mass transit system in Metro Cebu.

“Why can’t we have MRT in Cebu? We need to have MRT in Cebu because in Cebu, there are many working employees and they need to immediately go to their workplaces,” she said addressing hundreds of crowd in a political campaign rally in Mactan export playing field in this city.

lianlaspinas, anakngpasig liked this post
queetz@home no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 11th, 2016, 07:53 PM   #22
BeaverQube

Likes (Received): 1167

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I already posted this in the 2016 Election thread but it is relevant here. If the surveys are to be believed, you may actually get your wish...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, while I am first and foremost a Duterte supporter, Grace Poe is a VERY VERY close second choice. After all, we have a few things in common...we despise Joseph Emilio Aguinaldo Abaya and love rail rapid transit!

Poe eyes Metro Rail Transit system in Cebu
Poe dosnt know what Cebuanos really like!

There was massive discussion by many forumers about that before here on SSC. I read lots of Cebuano forumers were against MRT kasi ayaw daw nila ng subsidy at ayaw masira ang view ng city. If I remember it correctly it was Mr. Villarete (now MCIAA manager) who was strongly against it and just prefers to have BRT instead. They even sent the man to travel to many parts of the world for free just to learn more about buses.. And he projected that BRT can be realized by 2013? than a train which takes time to build according to those who opposed putting trains in Cebu. He was an engineer so, most of them believed him! I just enjoyed reading all the arguments and counterarguments about it here before.

I don't know if their BRT is running smoothly now in the streets of Cebu!
BeaverQube no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2016, 01:26 PM   #23
cebunext
Central Philippines

Likes (Received): 109

naay posibilidad butangan ug lrt ang cebu kun dunay bag-ong presidente....

RayQ liked this post
cebunext no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2016, 07:25 PM   #24
vmanato

Likes (Received): 173

LRT is for Iloilo, BRT is for Cebu.

If we can do CRT for Cebu, it would be much better!
2023 FIBA BASKETBALL WORLD CUP
vmanato no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2016, 03:04 AM   #25
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Likes (Received): 5178

With One Cebu delivering the promised votes for Duterte, I would think they should be asking for LRT instead of the cheap, crappy BRT. After all, Duterte is very pro-rail so there is no reason why would Cebu settle for a second rate system such as a BRT when it needs and deserves LRT at minimum.

"The best solution all over the world, time tested, safe, no pollution, is still the use of the train system." - Ms. Elvira Medina, Nat'l Center for Commuter Safety and Protection
queetz@home no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2016, 07:17 AM   #26
Matzam

Likes (Received): 1526

Its so sad that the incumbent is leading now though final count is not yet done.
Matzam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2016, 01:55 PM   #27
baybum7

Likes (Received): 607

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
With One Cebu delivering the promised votes for Duterte, I would think they should be asking for LRT instead of the cheap, crappy BRT. After all, Duterte is very pro-rail so there is no reason why would Cebu settle for a second rate system such as a BRT when it needs and deserves LRT at minimum.
just to confirm, is there a study that would point to the same conclusion?

KingJack Mafia liked this post
baybum7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2016, 02:51 PM   #28
KingJack Mafia
Registered Filipino

Likes (Received): 193

Choosing BRT rather than LRT must be based on a study.

*For me, I want a BRT to materialize first because of its lower cost and friendlier to see in a cityscape. Just an opinion.
A Smarter City
Ideal City of the North
KingJack Mafia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2016, 07:34 PM   #29
BeaverQube

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJack Mafia View Post
Choosing BRT rather than LRT must be based on a study.

*For me, I want a BRT to materialize first because of its lower cost and friendlier to see in a cityscape. Just an opinion.

Doon na lang sa Davao, Puerto Princesa, Iloilo/Panay Island, Baguio, Ilocos at Mindanao gawin ang mga railways na yan.

Bakit i-insist kung ayaw! Maybe they were very enlightened by their godfather of BRT named Zidlakan? (Sorry I just read it here before sa forum).
Old May 10th, 2016, 08:57 PM   #30
baybum7

because BRTs are faster and cheaper to implement. Aside from that, if the mid-term demand is not that high, why spend more for something that can be done at a cheaper way.

Parchie liked this post
Old May 11th, 2016, 03:58 PM   #31
pau_p1
Proud to be Filipino

Likes (Received): 1034

I've been to Cebu and saw narrow roads even in some of the main thoroughfares and I thin k some of those I've will be part of the BRT's planned route... I thin that Cebu needs an LRT rather than BRT where in the BRT will be eating up on the already narrow Cebu roads... Just my two cents...

And why be scringy in choosing a cheaper option when we can plan with a 10-20 year projection... Why wait for the popultion to rise when Cebu can prepare ahead...
pau_p1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2016, 08:17 PM   #32
BeaverQube

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau_p1 View Post
I've been to Cebu and saw narrow roads even in some of the main thoroughfares and I thin k some of those I've will be part of the BRT's planned route... I thin that Cebu needs an LRT rather than BRT where in the BRT will be eating up on the already narrow Cebu roads... Just my two cents...

And why be scringy in choosing a cheaper option when we can plan with a 10-20 year projection... Why wait for the popultion to rise when Cebu can prepare ahead...
No, don't give them the LRT! Bakit pilitin ang ayaw! Ilagay na lang sa ibang lugar ang mga trains na yan.

They even backed up their BRT with lots of studies already! Ha? from pre feasibility studies, FS at baka may post feasibility studies pa yan! Siguro dami kumita doon sa mga studies na yan! ok lang yan basta sagot ng mga taga Cebu ang gastos.. marami naman silang pera yata pambayad ng tax.

2013 nga daw tapos na ang BRT nila kasi mas cheap at madaling i-put up sabi noong isang forumer dito na involve doon sa pag push ng BRT! (na sa tingin ko magaling lang yata mag calculate pero kulang sa vision)

But then again, maybe they are right.
Old May 12th, 2016, 01:27 AM   #33
baybum7

yep, keep dreaming of trains. one lrt with just the same capacity can fund multiple BRT lines. keep dreaming of one train line while Cebu gets the most coverage of mass public trans in the shortest amount of time.

re narrow roads, I believe that's what the ROW acquisitions are at right now, to expand some lanes from total of 2 per direction to three. but please correct me if im wrong.
Old May 12th, 2016, 02:02 AM   #34
Matzam

Have you seen the Mega Cebu roadmap. A mass rail system is part of the long term proposal that will connect the southern end (Carcar City) & northern end (Danao City) of Metro Cebu that will comprise the Southern line, Central line & Northern line. AGT is even recommended that will act as feeder from the airport to the Central railway. Similarly, BRT will also act as feeder.

CEBUBOY_EXPAT liked this post
Old May 12th, 2016, 02:18 AM   #35
Matzam

Here's the video:
Old May 12th, 2016, 02:24 PM   #36
baybum7

that makes sense, especially to connect the far flung areas of Cebu to the urban areas. But my opinion still remains, that the planned lines of BRT will be the best option to replace the PUJ routes that are already at overcapacity (even as of today), rather than use a network of LRTs.
Old May 12th, 2016, 02:56 PM   #37
pau_p1
Proud to be Filipino

Likes (Received): 1034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matzam View Post
Here's the video: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av_P3iYdYXM">YouTube Link</a>
Wow... Impressive plan for Cebu... I hope this gets realized by 2050.... Specially when the country gets Federalized....
pau_p1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2016, 03:02 PM   #38
ahehe_96
Mr.V

Likes (Received): 213

the BRT Plan would fail!
Rodrigo Duterte
ahehe_96 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2016, 03:32 AM   #39
Matzam

I believe BRT is not a long term solution to solve the transpo problems of the metro. Regarding the conventional PUV's, CITRASCO & other transport groups are now open to deploy high quality buses beyond Talisay City & Mandaue City.
Old May 13th, 2016, 03:48 PM   #40
ahehe_96
Mr.V

Likes (Received): 213

yes indeed
Rodrigo Duterte
ahehe_96 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement