SMC-MRT7 | Length: 22.8 km| 14 Stations - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Railways

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 20th, 2016, 02:56 PM   #61
robinciano

Likes (Received): 1341

ang nakakalungkot lang if hanggang soil testing lang muna to, but rest assured if there will be new activities, i will post photos. sa ngayon busy sila sa Lagro area that i think very critical ang traffic flow so i guess that's the reason they chose to start the soil testing there kasi sobrang traffic and i experienced it first hand kanina. so if mag full blast na nga ang construction , they will start it sa Lagro Quirino, same as sa Regalado Avenue (IMO).

Last edited by robinciano; February 20th, 2016 at 03:01 PM.
robinciano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 20th, 2016, 04:03 PM   #62
taga-ilog

Likes (Received): 500

Soil testing ay para makuha ang soil capacity. Saka palang made design kung gaano kalaki Pundasyon. Tapos finalize pa mga plans. Then permitting and clearances pa.

Kaya ganun talaga katagal pag infra kasi dami stakeholders. Unlike sa buildings

lianlaspinas liked this post
taga-ilog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2016, 10:50 PM   #63
romyman

Likes (Received): 562

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantskie1978 View Post
kung ganun ano ang nagiging sagabal para makapag ground breaking or wala na bng ground breaking at under construction na talga ito ? at ang patunay dito ay ang mga soil testing. ang soil testing ba ay makakapagsabing under construction na nga ang project na ito?
with the underwhelming enthusiasm of Jun Abaya he is most likely pissed at SMC. the ground breaking is for pogi points only. the soil testing is proof that MRT 7 is a go.
romyman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 21st, 2016, 03:22 AM   #64
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Likes (Received): 5191

No kidding, eh? You would think that a major project, this being the biggest mass rapid transit project the country has ever seen to date, being finalized and ready under his watch would bring in more enthusiasm from him. But it only shows he truly does not care for our country and puts his self interest and that of his friends first and foremost.

That said, while I am not panicking yet on the DOTC's inaction on the timeline and groundbreaking schedule, generally soil testing isn't indicative that the project is a go. In Vancouver, they are already doing soil testing for their proposed Broadway subway line but funding is not in place yet, nor has the technology been "finalized". It remains to be seen if that project will go as desired given the funding constraints and political nature surrounding that project.

I can only hope that what you said about NEDA is true. This project must not be stopped just because of Jun Abaya's selfish reasons. I hope he does not have any legal way to stop it, especially if SMC has complied with all its legal obligations.
queetz@home no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2016, 05:40 AM   #65
romyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
No kidding, eh? You would think that a major project, this being the biggest mass rapid transit project the country has ever seen to date, being finalized and ready under his watch would bring in more enthusiasm from him. But it only shows he truly does not care for our country and puts his self interest and that of his friends first and foremost.

That said, while I am not panicking yet on the DOTC's inaction on the timeline and groundbreaking schedule, generally soil testing isn't indicative that the project is a go. In Vancouver, they are already doing soil testing for their proposed Broadway subway line but funding is not in place yet, nor has the technology been "finalized". It remains to be seen if that project will go as desired given the funding constraints and political nature surrounding that project.

I can only hope that what you said about NEDA is true. This project must not be stopped just because of Jun Abaya's selfish reasons. I hope he does not have any legal way to stop it, especially if SMC has complied with all its legal obligations.
MRT 7 is an unsolicited proposal under the old BOT Law. The offer was subjected to Swiss Challenge the original proponents (ULC) was deemed winner. SMC bought majority stake in ULC ( Consortium owned by SM, EEI, Buddy Zamora among others).

Stanley Morgan is underwriting the project and was instrumental in bringing SMC on board.

As far as the funding is concerned the project is adequately funded through a JICA loan

mayrilesngtren liked this post
Old February 21st, 2016, 05:48 AM   #66
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyman View Post
MRT 7 is an unsolicited proposal under the old BOT Law. The offer was subjected to Swiss Challenge the original proponents (ULC) was deemed winner. SMC bought majority stake in ULC ( Consortium owned by SM, EEI, Buddy Zamora among others).

Stanley Morgan is underwriting the project and was instrumental in bringing SMC on board.

As far as the funding is concerned the project is adequately funded through a JICA loan
Its actually Morgan Stanley. And yes, I remember SM being part of ULC and at one point, MRT7 was even called the "SM Line". I wonder how much influence SM still has with ULC because I really hope they continue to stand ground on the common station issue.
Old February 21st, 2016, 07:14 AM   #67
ajosh821
#TeamFairview

Likes (Received): 9323

May mga red marks na sa center island ng Commonwealth Avenue (from Sandiganbayan to Litex). Ganun din sa Quirino Highway (from Hilltop Subdivision/OLFU to Dela Costa 2), sa sidewalk naman nakalagay yung red marks.
Old February 21st, 2016, 07:15 AM   #68
romyman

Quote:
Its actually Morgan Stanley. And yes, I remember SM being part of ULC and at one point, MRT7 was even called the "SM Line". I wonder how much influence SM still has with ULC because I really hope they continue to stand ground on the common station issue.
they are now a minority shareholder in ULC.

Old February 21st, 2016, 05:55 PM   #69
gabrelov

Likes (Received): 205

There is definitely somthing wrong with either the news or dotc itself, smc already submiited and complied with the financial closure. That is what was needed now they want engineering design of what? The common station? Abaya must be removed from dotc.
gabrelov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2016, 12:15 AM   #70
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Likes (Received): 3361

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrelov View Post
There is definitely somthing wrong with either the news or dotc itself, smc already submiited and complied with the financial closure. That is what was needed now they want engineering design of what? The common station? Abaya must be removed from dotc.
Wait after May as long as Roxas does not win!

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!
Manila-X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2016, 01:06 AM   #71
Parchie

Likes (Received): 2596

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manila-X View Post
Wait after May as long as Roxas does not win!
Bakit? Meron bang naiiwang konting duda diyan?
The aim of public education is not to spread enlightenment at all: it is simply to reduce as many individuals as possible to the same level, to breed a standard citizenry, to put down dissent and originality.

- H.L. Mencken
Parchie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2016, 03:19 AM   #72
ajosh821
#TeamFairview

Likes (Received): 9323

As of this morning, nagsusurvey na sila along Regalado Avenue (in front of Casa Milan gate). And also ngayon ko lang napansin na naglagay sila ng red marks from Regalado-Commonwealth Intersection (near Eastwest Bank) up to SAMASAPE Compound (in front of North Fairview Elementary & High School). Kagaya sa Quirino Highway, sa sidewalk nakalagay yung mga red mark.
Old February 22nd, 2016, 05:32 AM   #73
dantskie1978
BANNED

Likes (Received): 279

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrelov View Post
yung news na yun matagal na yun. approved na ang financial closure ibig sabhin me pondo na sila ang di ko lang maintindhan ay kung bkit walang nagaganap na ground breaking or date man lang.
dantskie1978 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2016, 07:15 AM   #74
romyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantskie1978 View Post
yung news na yun matagal na yun. approved na ang financial closure ibig sabhin me pondo na sila ang di ko lang maintindhan ay kung bkit walang nagaganap na ground breaking or date man lang.

according to the submitted timeline of ULC actual construction work should start june of 2016. what is happening on the ground are pre-construction work land survey, soil testing, marker placement, mobilization of assets and personnel, coordination with govt. agencies and etc.

Old February 22nd, 2016, 08:11 AM   #75
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Oh this just keeps getting better and better...

Right-of-way acquisition for MRT7: Zero

Quote:
MANILA, Philippines – So we all thought that the construction of the much-awaited Metro Rail Transit Line 7 (MRT7) that will connect Quezon City to San Jose, Bulacan, will begin soon.

But here's the problem: the project may be put on ice again, as the government has not yet delivered any right of way (ROW) to concessionaire San Miguel Corporation-backed Universal LRT Corporation BVI Limited (ULC).

"None [has been delivered] yet. There are still affected areas where they have to negotiate ROW," Mary Jane Llanes, San Miguel's vice-president for Corporate Communications, said in a text message.

According to Llanes, the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) will have 6 months from contract effectivity to acquire all ROW.

Asked when will be the groundbreaking, DOTC Secretary Joseph Emilio Abaya said in a mobile phone reply: "We still have to coordinate."
Oh jeeze louis! Well, if it looks like this project is really going to be put on ice, I will be forced to close this thread. But I'm still hoping for that miracle and as long as we're getting updates from the soil testing, it should be fine. Who knows....with Abaya under a lot of scrutiny because of the Roxas campaign, he maybe forced to delivery *something*. Lets just all hope and pray.
Old February 22nd, 2016, 09:56 AM   #76
romyman

Quote:
Oh this just keeps getting better and better...

Right-of-way acquisition for MRT7: Zero

Oh jeeze louis! Well, if it looks like this project is really going to be put on ice, I will be forced to close this thread. But I'm still hoping for that miracle and as long as we're getting updates from the soil testing, it should be fine. Who knows....with Abaya under a lot of scrutiny because of the Roxas campaign, he maybe forced to delivery *something*. Lets just all hope and pray.
Most likely the ROAD component will be affected..AFAIK all the required real estate needed for the RAIL COMPONENT has been acquired..including the MRT 7 depot...there was a re-alignment in the San Jose Terminal nearer to Colinas Verdes than further up north before...price of real estate has tripled in the Area and if DOTC is only now procuring the ROW they will be in for a shock...
Old February 22nd, 2016, 10:30 AM   #77
mayrilesngtren
#BuildBuildBuild

Likes (Received): 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajosh821 View Post
As of this morning, nagsusurvey na sila along Regalado Avenue (in front of Casa Milan gate). And also ngayon ko lang napansin na naglagay sila ng red marks from Regalado-Commonwealth Intersection (near Eastwest Bank) up to SAMASAPE Compound (in front of North Fairview Elementary & High School). Kagaya sa Quirino Highway, sa sidewalk nakalagay yung mga red mark.
Napansin ko naman yung curb ng traffic island along Commonwealth Market, may mga markings na red din (BS-21, BS-22 . . .) Baka ito yung probable location ng mga piers.
mayrilesngtren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2016, 02:37 PM   #78
silentwave

Likes (Received): 275

Quote:

SM Line is still a good option to name it. It's a win-win for them.

SM can be San Miguel or Shoe Mart.

I just hope they get it started soon before pAbaya changes his mind and make it Ayala Line.

dewlin07 liked this post
silentwave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2016, 03:17 PM   #79
Bosnyboy

Likes (Received): 3401

Abaya or his boss is definitely trying to derail this project. They just keep putting obstacles after obstacles. The ROW is the responsibility of govt. So why arent they moving? This project has been proposed for almost a decade already. Somebody should file a case against these people in govt.

If mar loses, which i think he will, dotc people will be the sole responsible for it.
Bosnyboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2016, 04:06 PM   #80
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnyboy View Post
Abaya or his boss is definitely trying to derail this project. They just keep putting obstacles after obstacles. The ROW is the responsibility of govt. So why arent they moving? This project has been proposed for almost a decade already. Somebody should file a case against these people in govt.

If mar loses, which i think he will, dotc people will be the sole responsible for it.
I'm almost thinking Abaya maybe implementing some kind of "Scorch Earth Policy" wherein he is purposely sabotaging projects so that if he and his allies won't gain from it, no one else does. Its treason and its sad that the Ombudsman won't take any appropriate action.

We've already seen it in the MRT3 case with Al Vitangcol. Why oh why would the person that signed the papers, which is Jun Abaya, or his predecessor that made that bad deal with the maintenance contracts, which is Mar Roxas get away scott free while only the general manager gets punished for the anomalous deals by the LP appointed Ombudsman? The anomalous deals would have never happened without the approval and the signatures of those from the very top. But we all know why, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement