Save LRT2 Facts and Data (Reference Thread for those needing research materials) - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Railways

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old August 10th, 2016, 04:24 PM   #1
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Likes (Received): 5202

Save LRT2 Facts and Data (Reference Thread for those needing research materials)

I am copying all the posts in the "The Save LRT2 Thread" that contain actual hard data and their links for easy reference. This is because the thread can be very overwhelming for people doing research so its best that we segregate posts that have good information, links and so on with regards to the issue of LRT2's dismantling.

I will keep this thread locked since mods are the only ones that can copy and paste individual posts. Please continue the discussions in "The Save LRT2 Thread" and whenever there is a post that has hard information, I or another mod will copy it here.

Issue:

Govt mulling over LRT-2 dismantling

Quote:
The Transportation Department said on Friday it is mulling over the conversion of the Light Rail Transit (LRT) Line 2 into a bus rapid transit system similar to those of Hong Kong and Shanghai in China.

“I’m thinking of converting the LRT-2 into a BRT system wherein we will remove the rails. It’s not new, I copied it to Hong Kong and Shanghai. If you put the right buses, if you do the right technology, there can even be more and it’s cheaper,” Transport Secretary Arthur Tugade told reporters.

"The best solution all over the world, time tested, safe, no pollution, is still the use of the train system." - Ms. Elvira Medina, Nat'l Center for Commuter Safety and Protection

Last edited by [email protected]; August 17th, 2016 at 04:25 AM.
queetz@home no está en línea  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 12th, 2016, 07:57 AM   #2
transjico
BANNED

Likes (Received): 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy2170 View Post
That can't be. That won't be. The MRT-2 is working fine. It just needs rehab for those non-working trains. Is it even possible/compatible/feasible to take out the rails and make it an elevated road? I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy2170 View Post
I like the transportation secretary because he's obviously working his ass off just to solve all of these mess that the prev. admin has left. He covers not just the traffic mess and trains/the lack of mass transpo bt also the sea and airports. However, his proposals of a cable car and scrapping MRT-2 is absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronki View Post
MRT-2 is the only modern and most humane transport we got in metro manila, why scrap it? And there's the Masinag extension on-going.
Apparently some "Francis Yuseco Philtrak Ceo" in facebook (yes, search his profile) is the one convincing Sec. Tugade to scrap the MRT2 all in favor of their "local bus system" as the MRT2 daw "favors the oligarchs and is very costly" compared to their Filipino made system which was approved before by then President Ramos for C5 but did not push through due to Asian Financial Crisis.
transjico no está en línea  
Old August 13th, 2016, 07:24 AM   #3
chestersim
W

Likes (Received): 1182

that proposal is so backward, not putting into consideration future developments.

heres what I think will add traffic to LRT2 in the future

1. Tutuban Station (west extension)- North Commuter Rail, Sea Port, Divisoria will bring additional load
2. Cubao Station- Araneta Center and adjacent lots are not yet fully develop
3. Pureza Station-the future development in Pandacan can add traffic if connection to Pureza station will be added.
4. Masinag(East Extension)
5. Recto Station- Gentrification will add passengers

IMO, in short term. procurement of new buses and the conversion will add bigger cost than what their subsidy is for LRT2. instead of rolling out other transpo projects from this regime, the funds will be diverted to this new project, limiting the funds that can be spent in REALLY curbing traffic.

well if their study can tell that they can bring back the trains in minimal cost when the volume expands and they can utilize existing infrastructure including the rail and the trains when it will be converted. then I have no objections.

Ang naalala ko ganyan din nangyari sa MRT3 dati. pero ngayon sardinas na. kulang pa sa tren.
chestersim no está en línea  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 13th, 2016, 04:31 PM   #4
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manila-X View Post
Come to think of it, some of Yuseco's comments are a bunch of BS and false!

Been looking for links or sources on Xiamen's BRT being a former LRT line but couldn't find any!
The guy is a fraud! He pretty much says he invented the BRT even though it was Jaime Lerner who invented it in the 1970s in Curitiba!

Here is an old Business Mirror article about this Yuseco guy but it is all bullsh*t!

Ironically, the comments section is more accurate in this regard...

From Athenorn Baynas
Quote:
"Not wrong to copy, but don’t copy wrongly? Innovator Francis R. Yuseco Jr.,
a onetime investment banker, registered his intellectual-property
rights (IPR) 27 years ago in 1989, or 10 years before the popular bus
rapid transit (BRT) was adopted abroad."

- The article

VS.

"The first BRT system was the Rede Integrada de Transporte ('Integrated
Transportation Network') in Curitiba, Brazil, which entered service in
1974."

Did you know that the moon (buggy) was made by a Filipino? Regardless, it's best not to entirely believe everything you see in the internet. Including in Business Mirror.

"The best solution all over the world, time tested, safe, no pollution, is still the use of the train system." - Ms. Elvira Medina, Nat'l Center for Commuter Safety and Protection
Old August 15th, 2016, 05:02 AM   #5
transjico
BANNED

Likes (Received): 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I was thinking of actually setting up a meeting with Manila-X and other mods to discuss this either online or in person. Let me talk to them first. I think there is too much as stake to let this pass.

Keep in mind, the real person to convince is Art Tugade, not my cousin or the other senators. The best that can happen in this hearing is to publicly expose the flaws of Francis Yuseco's arguments and show how fradulent his advocacy is. So it is very important that the senators ask the right questions, those that Yuseco cannot answer for the simple reason that he is not really the inventor of the BRT nor is the system he is pushing for at the expense of rail expansion is not going to to solve any of our problems.

At the end of the day, this is all about money and Francis Yuseco's bitter posts against the Ayalas, Soprebena and MVP only shows he just want a piece of the pie, not because he truly wants to help Filipinos. If he is sincere, then he should show that he personally will not make a single centavo with his proposals. Ramon Ang did so for the MRT7 project so there is precedence.

There is a reason why previous administrations did not take him seriously, and given the immense pressure and frankly, sheer desperation of Art Tugade to resolve our country's transportation issues, including spiraling costs of "under-performing assets", even he seems to be making decisions based on blind faith. This we have to keep in check.
Hopefully this pushes through as we cannot allow such mentality. Recently he is not only attacking Private Sector delved in railways but also ODA countries.

Mods please exempt from the rule. I quote:

"We still have to remain assertive and vigilant Mike and Mylene. The Japanese, the Chinese and the South Koreans are still on their respective charm offensives trying to convince Sec. Art Tugade and Pres.Du30 to purchase one of their usual old models. What they are not disclosing and you can independently check this out out are the enormous operating losses they are all incurring from their own rail systems. It is good that Sec. Tugade had his own share of disastrous loan experience from a JICA arranged loans when he was an executive of Delgado Brothers. These JICA arranged loans are structured in such a way to make them virtually impossible to pay. Our Intelligent Trackways Systems proposal has always envisaged a tandem twin approach between us and our very own rail systems that has reached a healthy level of success. As Filipinos, we should give priority to develop and patronize our own. Let the Japanese, the Chinese and the Koreans patronize their own. We should likewise patronize ours."

This guy gives me all types of cancer
transjico no está en línea  
Old August 15th, 2016, 07:22 AM   #6
Isopropyl
Alcohol

Likes (Received): 1765

In the senate hearing:

Ask Mr. Yuseco if he is the brt inventor

hopefully, he'll say yes

Tell him about Curitiba's BRT being the first system of such kind. Discredit him and make him look like a liar (which he truly is). The important thing to establish here is that he is not an expert. Afterwards, ask him a rhetorical question how we can trust him if he is just claiming to be an expert.

He'll make stupid alibis but should look like an idiot at this point. Proceed to his second lie.

Which rail based system in China was converted to BRT. Present facts that there was no such thing and it never happened. Again, discredit him more. Bring his earlier lie back to the discussion.

Proceed to third point assuming he is able to make more alibis

Let Mr Yuseco justify the convertion of LRT2 to BRT.

Ask him one by one about issues regarding:
-capacity
-return on investment
-feasibility
-convenience
-speed

Present facts and data so that the questioner will have credibility.

Grill sec Tugade too. Ask him why he even considered this absurd proposal.
Old August 15th, 2016, 01:00 PM   #7
railway_engr
The Railway Technologist

Likes (Received): 624

For me, masyado pang premature yung issue sa MRT-2 conversion to BRT and I strongly believe na hindi ito matutuloy (mga 70% confident ako) why? If under capacity is the problem for MRT-2, it's just common sense! Reduce the number of trains running at off-peak period. That's so easy!

Another thing is, it is more cost friendly to retain the Megatren system to its original service than to replace it with BRT.

* Dismantling the track will cost you millions
* What would you do to the 72-car EMU's? Artificial corrals? Resell? Donate? Those things are cost Billion dollar.
* Abolish the LRTA?
* Megatren is now on its 12-yrs of service, it is still under the BOT law, if you replace it, payment still continue to the ODA. (Magiging doble lang sakit ng ulo nila)
railway_engr no está en línea  
Old August 15th, 2016, 03:34 PM   #8
itsMRT2
BANNED

Likes (Received): 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by railway_engr View Post
For me, masyado pang premature yung issue sa MRT-2 conversion to BRT and I strongly believe na hindi ito matutuloy (mga 70% confident ako) why? If under capacity is the problem for MRT-2, it's just common sense! Reduce the number of trains running at off-peak period. That's so easy!

Another thing is, it is more cost friendly to retain the Megatren system to its original service than to replace it with BRT.

* Dismantling the track will cost you millions
* What would you do to the 72-car EMU's? Artificial corrals? Resell? Donate? Those things are cost Billion dollar.
* Abolish the LRTA?
* Megatren is now on its 12-yrs of service, it is still under the BOT law, if you replace it, payment still continue to the ODA. (Magiging doble lang sakit ng ulo nila)
If the page may add, here are a few more things:

*How will the proposed BRT conversion be funded if not for ODA or PPP knowing that the annual national budget allocation would need to go to congress first before alterations are approved? (PDAF issue)
*How will you fit the buses if you would utilize the current guideways that is (insert mainline guideway dimensions 1-way) which is too shallow to fit a regular sized bus? How would you able to accomodate these buses in the current platforms without compromising accessibility for PWD?
*Do you even know what are the technical details of MRT-2?
*Cite an example of a successful Train to BRT conversion not affected by factors such as massive destruction caused by but not limited to war. (Destroy his argument if he uses HK, China, etc by citing Xiamen BRT conversion to LRT)
itsMRT2 no está en línea  
Old August 15th, 2016, 03:50 PM   #9
s_w_stars

Likes (Received): 4833

Quote:
It all depends on what Yuseco is going to say in the upcoming Senate hearings.

And also how The Senators would react especially Gordon!

I do hope that there will be some strong hard questions against him and to prove his incredibility!
You know what he is going to say. You know he is selling his product. But does the gov't have to waste time on something that one can google, one can observe/see, and one can measure?

1. Capacity - 1 low floor bus has 55 seats, and packed with standing room maybe up to 80 people. A coach e.g. like the Hyundai Rotem can do double, 150-160.
2. Configuration - Line 2 (to avoid confusion) has 3-4 car configuration. No articulated bus can stretch that much.
3. Capital Costs - Converting Line 2 to a BRT will require capital costs, who is paying for that? And who is paying for the original overhead tracks, which was an ODA from Japan? Another sunk cost?

Finally, why convert for a lower capacity system? It's like the old colored coded bus lines in QC, replaced by jeepneys! They should consider the growth in pop and economy and plan for that, and not dumb down the system.
I give my middle finger to this Francis Yuseco dude who probably has not actually taken a BRT himself at peak hours and probably will never will when he sees what it looks like in operation. The photos below (I can't seem to post photos) is the reveal of a BRT in action in Bogota during work week. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or Einstein to understand that the primary purpose of all urban lines is to move people, that's why they're called MASS, PUBLIC transportation. Cancel the hearing what a waste of government funds!

Thank you to the mods and to the posters for keeping this top of mind. I'm ready to write a Senator, or a columnist and to tell them about this bull shit.

http://www.wri.org/sites/default/fil...?itok=653bvodH

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3376/...28f59249_o.jpg

Quote:
As with Tugade, it is more pressure!

Obviously Filipinos in general are not stupid but there are stupid ones out there just like with any other nationality.
There are many Pinoys, educated, intelligent, in high places, who are playing stupid because they know they can make more money by playing stupid or "know nothing." Sayang all those Harvard or Annapolis certificates on the wall! If they want to make a fool of themselves, go ahead make their day, but don't make other Pinoys look like bobos. We've had 6 looooong years of that already.
Old August 15th, 2016, 07:50 PM   #10
anonymous_filipino

Likes (Received): 1207

Questions to be asked to Mr. Yuseco:

1. What Hong Kong MTR line was converted into BRT?

2. Kindly explain why Bangkok is thinking of converting their BRT lines to tram lines.

3. How can his proposal pay off the Japanese ODA loan of Line 2.

4. How will his BRT proposal be advantageous to the Filipino riding public. Explain why BRT is more efficient in transporting commuters.

5. Why the need to convert Line 2 to BRT when he can build a BRT line along C5 or Roxas Boulevard or other places in Metro Manila?

6. Explain why BRT centric cities like Jakarta and Bogota are actively constructing and pursuing MRT and LRT lines, and not expanding their BRT lines
anonymous_filipino está en línea ahora  
Old August 15th, 2016, 08:29 PM   #11
le Reine
Finding destiny

Likes (Received): 2885

I doubt they will convert the MRT-2 to BRT. The staggering amount to build that line plus the current extension are already good reasons to shoot down that proposal. It's a total waste of funds. Who in their right mind would pay for a huge loan for 30 effing years, only to demolish it halfway and while the extensions are on-going? Insane. Wala bang kaso kapag ganito? This is obvious waste of public funds. Ang saklap lang kapag bigla nila isingit ito sa emergency powers nila.

I can't see how this conversion could "ease" the congestion problem in MM as what Tugade and that SOB Yuseco are claiming. If they want to ease congestion, they have to limit the PUVs plying below. It will hit two birds with one stone - reducing vehicles below and possibly increasing the passengers above. Let's just see if they have the balls to do that. Political will daw diba? Tsaka nagtataka ako, under-capacity ang MRT-2 pero may congestion daw sa lugar na yun? Ano yun?

I am still wondering why no one in DOTr is researching about the MTR approach in Hong Kong. That line is profitable and no one in that department seems to notice, or maybe they do but they just don't care?

Lastly, they are claiming that the government is spending a lot in maintaining that line. But looking at the state of MRT-2 now, it seems that the government is not serious in maintaining that line. It's another waste of money for maintenance. Hindi ba dapat imbestigahan din ito? Wala ba silang metrics/standard to know that this line is well-maintained?

http://www.sersc.org/journals/IJUNESST/vol8_no1/9.pdf
le Reine no está en línea  
Old August 16th, 2016, 01:06 AM   #12
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Likes (Received): 3361

This is Yuseco's posts,

FRIENDS, THERE IS AN UNNAMED, VERY MEAN, VERY DARK, VERY NASTY, VERY COWARDLY GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO ARE NOW PERSONALLY BASHING ME AND CALLING ME ALL SORTS OF NAMES FOR OUR INTEL TRACK PROJECT EVEN BEFORE WE START.

THEY ARE BLAMING ME FOR BEING SO PRESUMPTOUS IN OFFERING TO TAKE OVER THE GOVERNMENT OWNED LRT 2 LINE.

IN THE FIRST PLACE, WE NEVER EVEN HAD THE LRT 2 LINE IN OUR PLANS. WHEN WE MET WITH SECRETARY TUGADE, WHAT WE WANTED TO OFFER WERE THE ORIGINAL LINES ALREADY APPROVED BY THE RAMOS ADMINISTRATION IN 1997 - THE C5 CORRIDOR, COMMONWEALTH AVENUE AND IN ADDITION QUEZON AVENUE, CEBU AND THE BAY AREA ENTERTAINMENT COMPLEX.

BUT WHEN SECRETARY TUGADE ASK IF WE CAN HELP STOP THE DAILY HEMORRAGING OF ALL OUR THREE LRT1 , LRT 2 AND MOST OF ALL MRT 3, WE SAID WE CAN DO WHAT XIAMEN CHINA HAS DONE. INSTEAD OF AN ELEVATED LRT, PUT UP AN ELEVATED INTEL TRACK.

WE THEN SHOWED HIM THE VIDEO LINK.

NOT MANY PEOPLE KNOW THAT THE COUNTRY IS HERMORRAGING BADLY AND DAILY FROM ALL OUR TWO LRT, ONE MRT AND THE PNR.

CONSIDERING HOWEVER, THAT THERE ARE LEGAL COMPLICATIONS IF WE START WITH THE AYALA OWNED LRT 1 AND THE SOBREPENA OWNED MRT 3, THE MOST LOGICAL IS TO START WITH LRT 2.

CAN YOUR GROUP HELP TO STOP THE BLEEDING? SECRETARY TUGADE ASKED.

THESE COWARDLY PEOPLE WHO WANT TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS PROBABLY WANTED ME TO TELL SECRETARY TUGADE, STOPPING THE BLEEDING OF THE FILIPINOS IN LRT 2 IS NOT OUR PRIMARY GOAL. WE RATHER START ON C5 OR QUEZON AVENUE.

THESE VERY MEAN AND NASTY PEOPLE MOST LIKELY DO NOT REALIZE THAT THE EFFECTIVE INTEREST RATE WE FILIPINOS ARE PAYING FOR THESE 3 MRTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

LRT1 - 300% PER ANNUM. FINANCIALLY CLOSED IN 1984 WHEN THE EXCHANGE RATE WAS P16.70:$1,00,

LRT 2 - 200% PER ANNUM. FINANCIALLY CLOSED IN 1994 WHEN THE EXCHANGE RATE WAS P24.00 :$1.00.

MRT 3 - 190% PER ANNUM FINANCIALLY CLOSED in 1996 WHEN THE EXCHANGE RATE WAS P26.00;$1.00.

Of THE ABOVE, MRT 3 BLEEDS US THE MOST AS WE FILIPINOS WERE NOT ONLY FORCED BY VERY CORRUPT AND VERY HEARTLESS GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS DURING THE FIRST AQUINO ADMINISTRATION NOT ONLY TO PAY THIS 190% ANNUAL INTEREST, WE WERE ALSO FORCED TO PAY SINCE 1997 UP TO THIS VERY DATE A MONTHLY GUARANTEED INCOME OF $11,000,000.00 TO THIS GROUP. ON TOP OF THE $11,000,000.00 MONTHLY FEE, WE ARE ALSO PAYING ANOTHER $90,000,00 A MONTH FOR THEIR ADMINISTRATIVE COSTS. MOREOVER, THIS GROUP WANTS US TO PAY THEM ANOTHER WHOPPING P56.0 BiILLION FOR THE GOVERNMENT TO TAKE OVER THE MRT 3.

I HAVE CHALLENGED THIS VERY NASTY AND VERY COWARDLY GROUP TO NAME THEMSELVES SO I CAN PERSONALLY FACE THEM AND ASK THEM WHAT SOLUTIONS THEY CAN OFFER TO STOP THE DAILY BLEEDING OF THE FILIPINOS.

SINCE THEY HAVE ALREADY INVADED MY FB ACCOUNT, I AM SURE THEY CAN READ THIS.

THEY SHOULD NAME THEMSELVES AND NOT HIDE BEHIND THEIR NASTINESS. THEY SHOULD THEN OFFER THEIR OWN SOLUTIONS. NOT MERE BAND AID SOLUTIONS. BUT REAL HONEST TO GOODNESS SOLUTIONS TO STOP THE DAILY BLEEDING OF ALL OUR LRTS STARTING WITH THE LRT 2. I SHALL EAGERLY AWAIT THE SOLUTIONS THEY WILL OFFER.

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!
Manila-X no está en línea  
Old August 16th, 2016, 03:22 AM   #13
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 10262

Dapat ito pagaralan ng DOTr [HK MTR Financial Model] which i have already posted countless times here:

The Unique Genius of Hong Kong's Public Transportation System

===

And looking at that Yuseco's posts here sa Thread, you can already tell something's not right.

===

Here's a question for him: Does he even have the NFCC $$$ to back up his proposal?

PRRD, #SONA2019
absinthe_888 no está en línea  
Old August 16th, 2016, 05:19 AM   #14
itsMRT2
BANNED

Likes (Received): 103

Quote:
Wow!!! This guy is effectively declaring war with Skyscrapercity, the Dutch based global urban discussion web based resource that pretty much gave Filipino OFWs around the world peace of mind when it comes to buying pre-selling condos in the Philippines! The website that offers much info that their sales agents and all these prominent developers like Ayala, DMCI, Robinsons Land, SMDC, Megaworld, and so on, cannot while they take our money and keep us in the dark when it comes to the progress of our purchased units! We, Skyscrapercity Philippines, are the premier source of everything positive in the Philippines when it comes to progress in our cities, our infrastructure and skylines! And this is how this Francis Yuseco treats us?

BRING IT ON PEOPLE!!!
itsMRT2 considers that as a yes

Quote:
In absolute honesty, those are very difficult, if not impossible, to do. One thing I am noticing is while the Duterte administration is very radical and supposedly open to ordinary people, in reality you still need connections to get an audience with Sec. Tugade or the Senate Committees.

Getting the debate in national TV, namely on a news show in CNN Phillippines or ANC would be difficult but not impossible. But it maybe easier to do so in a popular radio show, especially the DZMM ones like Failon Ngayon, Pasada Sais Trenta or Dos por Dos. Impromtu debates happen there from time to time, most recently during the BPI incident with Trillanes regarding Digong's account. The problem is they tend to be so random but man, if you catch one, it can be very fun and informative to watch. I just don't know the process to get in one and we kinda have to compete with others wanting to do the same thing on different issues on airtime.
Well since Mr. Yuseco claims to have many media friends, that is where we would turn his connections against him and possibly use this to counter his claims in mass media.

This is proven by these posts

>Inquirer through a certain "Den Mctibbs":
(Mods please exempt to the rule)

"Dear FB friends,

I once shared a write-up by a friend, Francis Del Rosario Yuseco of PHILTRAK, about the possible solution to the horrendous traffic in MM. This could be it!! And the good thing is, it can be operational by
mid 2017. This is the " Intelligent Trackways Project" (ITP)(partially known in other countries as Bus Rapid Transits).

"http://business.inquirer.net/213390/...stem-for-metro"

With Mr. Yuseco's permission, I'm creating " The ITP Chronicle" This will give updates on the status of the project and this is the where it stands now. The Freedom of Information Act signed by Pres. Duterte allows us to share this information to anyone interested to know how this rolls out.

"The ITP Chronicle" 8-15-16

Several points should make this project a SURE WIN. First, there would be no loan encumbrances attached to it. Unlike LRT and MRT, walang utang na kasama ito. Second, since LRT2 is completely government owned, we can show that we can attain and exceed the operating efficiency and systems capacity. Third, this project will feature Filipino invention and technology. The units which the DOST is working on will run at an average speed of 60 kph. It will be fully air-conditioned, clean with all the coaches, signalling system all made in the Philippines. Only the bogies, steel wheels and rails will be imported. Over time we can gradually increase the local content.

The project proposal has been submitted to DOTr Sec. Tugade and Sec. Pernia of NEDA and a Senate hearing has been scheduled on Aug.24 under Commitee on Public Transport chaired by Sen. Grace Poe.

"We want to prove a point - that we have the talent, skills, and capability to mass transport our people without having to pay the toxic subsidies that are crippling our economy on a continuing and permanent basis."

I'll give more updates as soon as they became available.
#ITProject"

>BusinessMirror:
http://www.businessmirror.com.ph/201...es-except-phl/
itsMRT2 no está en línea  
Old August 16th, 2016, 06:08 AM   #15
chestersim
W

Likes (Received): 1182

anybody who can itemize the expenses of LRT2 especially those large ones?

I was looking at the income statement of MRT3 2010. and it seems the bulk of mooe are electrical expenses and insurance expense(I presume their maintenance contracts in under here). another expense is Loan Amortization Expense which takes up more than 50%. is this the payment to the ODA?

if that amortization is indeed the payment to the ODA and maybe similar to LRT2. then I don't see the need to change an MRT to a BRT when the biggest expense cant be cancelled and will still be subsidized afterwards.

if they really wanted to reduce the subsidy. they should look for those expenses that are flexible enough to be curbed. like Electricity.

Kung yang perang yan ipapagawa ng brt sa ibabaw ng lrt e kung pinagawa nalang ng powerplants at nilagyan ng solar panels or wind turbines yung ibang parte ng riles ng tren. hinid lang nakatulong sa train system pero nakatulong pa sa ekonomiya. or kung buhayin kaya nila ang steel industry para dito nalang ihulma yang mga riles na yan ng makatipid. dagdag pa sa ekonomiya.
----

kung matutuloy yang federalism. I don't see the need to degrade the existing lines. malamang can afford ng Maynila na magpatayo ng mas maraming riles at kayang bigyan ng subsidy. malamang sapat sapat pa.
chestersim no está en línea  
Old August 16th, 2016, 07:12 AM   #16
absinthe_888

As Mod Queetz mentioned, one does not easily have a meeting, yet alone set a meeting appointment with a CabSec.

Whoever minion in the DOTr this Yuseco guy approached to be able to whisper to Sec. Tugade his LRT-2 BRT proposal deserves to be thrown out of the 17th floor of the Columbia Tower building.

===

Sabi ko na familiar tong Yuseco guy na to. He also proposed to have MRT-3 converted into a BRT. This article by Boo was written in 2014:

Quote:
I asked the group of Francis Yuseco Jr to crunch some numbers and what they came up with seems promising. Francis says replacement of the existing MRT/LRT lines is doable, cheaper and easier to do than even waiting for the new Chinese rail cars to be delivered.

Francis said his engineers “estimate the dismantling, reconstruction and rehabilitation will cost P20 Million per kilometer for both lanes totaling 3.5 meters per lane. Thus, for a 22 kilometer elevated carriageway as in the EDSA MRT, the total rehabilitation and reconstruction costs for the elevated carriageway will be a very manageable P440 Million.

“The coaches carrying 200 passengers each will cost P12 Million each. Say, we start with 100 coaches or 50 coaches per direction plus your command center of P50 Million incorporating your pre-board contact less system, plus miscellaneous and contingent costs of another P50, we’re looking at a total replacement cost of roughly P1.8 Billion.”

Best of all, Francis claims they can make the BRT operational in 8 months. “Using the numbers made by the UPTTC in 1989, using only 92 coaches, we can transport 1,056,000 passengers a day, about double the current load.”

PRRD, #SONA2019
Old August 16th, 2016, 08:41 AM   #17
b_two
100% Pinoy

Likes (Received): 1492

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronki View Post
I've seen "Del Monte Motors" in his BRT proposal component.

It is near our house, they create/build good 'ol diesel buses.

Di mo sila makumpara sa ginawa ng Froehlich Tours at RRCG P2P buses.
at least sila may gawa ng body

from their website

DEL MONTE MOTOR WORKS, INC.,

A leading bus and truck manufacturer has been serving the Philippine Transport Industry since 1950. It has been providing the bus requirements of Metro Manila and provincial bus operators and has manufactured bus and truck bodies for almost all of the leading European and Asian brand of bus and truck chassis including some in the Middle East. Most prominent of these brands are the Volvo of Sweden, Mercedes Benz and MAN of Germany, the Fiat of Italy, Leyland of England, Ashok of India, Isuzu, Mitsubishi, Nissan and Hino of Japan, Daewoo, Hyundai and Ssangyong of Korea. In the early 50’s it started manufacturing bus and truck bodies mounted on leading American brands such as the International Harvester, Ford, Chevrolet, and the Dodge Chassis. Also, in the 50’s, its sister company, the EMCOS DEVELOPMENT & SUPPLY CO., INC. was the leading distributor of International Harvester Macleod, Inc. in Northern Luzon marketing bus chassis, trucks, tractors, agricultural and farm implements.
Old August 16th, 2016, 09:13 AM   #18
absinthe_888

KAYA PALA

Quote:
Then we have to see if Francis Yuseco has a direct stake at Del Monte Motors. This could be a classic case of fleecing the government by BRT proponents with direct connections to bus manufacturers and Yuseco is taking advantage of Art Tugade's desperation for quick, easy "solutions" without due diligence.
P100-B plan to end traffic woes in 2-3 years
By: Miguel R. Camus
@inquirerdotnet
Philippine Daily Inquirer
01:16 AM May 23rd, 2016

Quote:
Philtrak is also proposing to build a road using the 30-meter right of way of the Philippine National Railways (PNR) across 1,079 km of train lines stretching across Luzon. Yuseco said this would help boost connectivity and spur development outside the capital district. He said this plan would cost more than P30 billion.

“We’ve already approached some people in the new administration,” Yuseco said, noting that proposals sent to the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) in the Aquino administration fell on deaf ears. “We might have a better chance since they [Duterte administration] have the tendency to think outside the box.”

The DOTC announced it was planning several BRT projects in the Philippines, starting with Cebu and then Metro Manila, but those projects have yet to be launched commercially.

Apart from Yuseco, who claims to hold patents for the BRT dating back to the late 1980s, Philtrak’s other shareholders are bus company Del Monte Motor Works Corp., Micrologics Systems Inc. and Versatech Consultants and Management Corp., an engineering firm with experience in “field transport and traffic analysis.”

PRRD, #SONA2019
Old August 16th, 2016, 11:40 AM   #19
romyman

Likes (Received): 563

Bangkok BRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarltonHill View Post
Curitiba, Brazil is the only city I know where BRT is a success. But they only have 1,880,000 people and its neighboring cities such as Londrina and Cascavel only have 400k-500k population. So with Manila, I can only imagine.
Source : Wikipedia

The Bangkok BRT is a bus rapid transit system in Bangkok, Thailand. Of five routes that were originally planned, only one line has been operating since 2010, with the other routes either cancelled or expected to be cancelled. The 16 kilometres (9.9 mi) route has twelve stations in the centre of the road that give at grade access to the right hand side of the buses. Both termini connect to the Silom Line of the BTS Skytrain; at Chong Nonsi (S3) and at the newly opened Talat Phlu (S10). The buses used are all Sunlong SLK6125CNG buses. The flat fare is 5 baht.

Link -->> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangkok_BRT
romyman no está en línea  
Old August 16th, 2016, 12:48 PM   #20
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

I don't think he wants to do it. He is weaseling himself out of the debate and such. I looked at his friends list in Facebook....lots of media and political personalities there including Boo Chanco, reporters from ABS-CBN, TV5 and so on. Plus sadly, Senator Sotto so he too has a senate connection.

He can hide behind the sympathy card but at the end of the day, he just wants to make money and wants to destroy a transit line to do so. Its not the first time a company involved in buses, which Francis Yuseco is directly affiliated with, destroyed rail lines. History is repeating itself if we fail...

General Motors streetcar conspiracy

Quote:
Between 1938 and 1950, National City Lines and its subsidiaries, American City Lines and Pacific City Lines—with investment from GM, Firestone Tire, Standard Oil of California through a subsidiary, Federal Engineering, Phillips Petroleum, and Mack Trucks—gained control of additional transit systems in about 25 cities.[3] Systems included St. Louis, Baltimore, Los Angeles, and Oakland. NCL often converted streetcars to bus operations in that period, although electric traction was preserved or expanded in some locations. Other systems, such as San Diego's, were converted by outgrowths of the City Lines. Most companies involved were convicted in 1949 of conspiracy to monopolize interstate commerce in the sale of buses, fuel, and supplies to NCL subsidiaries, but were acquitted of conspiring to monopolize the transit industry.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread