SBMA eyes 100-km Manila-Subic expressway, rail line - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity
 

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Railways


Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old April 18th, 2017, 05:53 AM   #21
absinthe_888
Registered User
 
absinthe_888's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,126
Likes (Received): 10262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bato_Bato View Post
kelangan ba talaga mag over utilized muna ang mga major highways bago magtayo ng railway system? sa tingin mo ba ganon ang ginagawa ng malaysia at indonesia na hintayin muna ma over utilized ang mga road networks bago nagtayuan ang kanilang mga railways?
Halata naman kasing pasikat/papansin lang SBMA sa proposal na to.

A completely elevated expressway and railway from SBMA up to Manila, USD2B lang cost?
__________________
"Honestly, I have identified the enemy who dumped us into this quagmire we are in. I have met the enemy face to face. And sadly, the enemy is us. We are our own tormentors."

PRRD, #SONA2019

saintm liked this post
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old April 20th, 2017, 01:27 PM   #22
happosai
<<-Pusit Hunter->>
 
happosai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Al Khobar
Posts: 6,437
Likes (Received): 833

Kawayan ang gagamiting poste..
happosai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2017, 06:28 PM   #23
saintm
Beautiful User
 
saintm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,885
Likes (Received): 2316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahay_Kubo View Post
talagang ipipilit yung Subic-Clark rail project kahit obvious naman na hindi feasible.
Kung ilabas ng BCDA at NEDA ang data tungkol sa container van traffic volume/ twenty-foot equivalent units (TEU) a year statistics between Clark or Subic baka ma convince pa ako sa project na to kung kelangan ba talaga.

May fraight train connection ba ang Subic-Clark railway to Manila & Batangas? parang wala, asa nalang.

For now ang kelangan lang nila gawin i-secure ang ROW ng Subic-Clark Railway for future use. Panigurado lugi ang operator or taxpayers din ang mag subsidize dito kung wala naman demand for now.

Dapat focus muna sa Manila-Laguna-Batangas Freight line dahil andun ang port congestion, traffic at manufacturing areas.
__________________

le Reine, absinthe_888, s_w_stars liked this post
saintm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old April 21st, 2017, 04:32 AM   #24
Romb
Registered User
 
Romb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,080
Likes (Received): 3054

"If you build it,They will come"iyan ang sinabi ng isa sa speakers sa Dutertenomics Forum.Once na naitayo iyan pipila ang investors sa mga Economic zones ng Subic,Clark at Bataan na ngayon ay nakakaranas ng surge ng investments sa manufacturing.


130 locators to put up manufacturing plants at the FAB

Quote:
MARIVELES, Bataan – About 130 multinational firms have applied for accreditation at the Authority of the Freeport Area of Bataan (AFAB) to put up manufacturing plants at the fastest emerging ecozone in the country, the Freeport Area of Bataan (FAB) located in this town.

Engineer Emmanuel D. Pineda, AFAB chair and administrator, said the foreign and local investors are waiting for the approval of the Board of Directors to start their operations this year.

Some of the prospective locators who are motivated to relocate their manufacturing facilities are engaged in the production of top-quality fashionable export products and other labor-intensive industries.

According to Pineda, at present there are 127 operational industrial firms in the FAB with a total of 43,000 workers which contribute at least P400 million monthly to the local economy.

Pineda added that the FAB, in solid harmonization with the local government officials headed by Bataan Governor Albert Raymond S. Garcia has explored all avenues of promoting the FAB as an investment-friendly location.

The establishment of FAB was through the initiative of Governor Garcia then Congressman of the 1st District of Bataan, who authored the creation of the economic zone to boost the eco-industrial growth of the province.

1Bataan
Investors flock to Subic, Clark

Quote:
MANILA, Philippines - Foreign and local investors continue to flock to the Clark-Subic area ahead of upcoming big-ticket projects by the Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA) and Bases Conversion Development Authority (BCDA).

SBMA chairman Martin Diņo said his agency intends to develop a 3,000-hectare expansion project to be known as Subic 2.

“We will develop a 3,000-hectare project, similar to the size of Makati, which will be our answer to Clark Green City,” Diņo said.


“This will create another 150,000 new jobs with 1,500 new locators with complete facilities,” he added.

According to the SBMA official, 900 hectares of the planned Subic 2 development have already been sold to a Filipino-Chinese-Singaporean consortium.

SBMA said there is no more available land space in the Subic Bay Freeport Zone to cater to new investors looking for large areas for their new facilities, thus compelling the agency to endorse these investors to other areas such as Clark or Bataan.
http://www.philstar.com/business/201...ck-subic-clark

Last edited by Romb; April 21st, 2017 at 05:02 AM.
Romb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2017, 12:06 PM   #25
Bahay_Kubo
IntellectuallyStimulating
 
Bahay_Kubo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Manila
Posts: 2,457
Likes (Received): 510

actually, yan din ang iniisip ko na dapat gawin. ilagay muna yung infrastructure para ma-develop yung lugar, and then the locators will start coming in. however, i am still not convinced that a high-speed rail connection between Subic and Clark is needed. simulan muna sa traditional rail.
__________________

s_w_stars, roydex liked this post
Bahay_Kubo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2017, 02:15 PM   #26
saintm
Beautiful User
 
saintm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,885
Likes (Received): 2316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romb;
"If you build it,They will come"iyan ang sinabi ng isa sa speakers sa Dutertenomics Forum.Once na naitayo iyan pipila ang investors sa mga Economic zones ng Subic,Clark at Bataan na ngayon ay nakakaranas ng surge ng investments sa manufacturing.


130 locators to put up manufacturing plants at the FAB


Investors flock to Subic, Clark


http://www.philstar.com/business/201...ck-subic-clark
Investors will build manufacturing plants with or without this railway kung serious talaga sila mag invest.

Importante sa mga investors Cheap labor, non existent labor unions, contractualization, Cheap electricity & fuel, tax breaks, free trade deals.

Ngayon ang hotspot for manufacturing is Vietnam, susunod Cambodia and Myanmar dahil meron lahat ng elements na gusto ng investors. Next decade, Africa will be the next global manufacturing hub.

====

Pangalawa na pinakamataas na minimum wage ang Central Luzon sa buong bansa next to Metro Manila.

Source: http://nwpc.dole.gov.ph/pages/statis..._regional.html

Labor cost, electricity and banned contractualization palang talo na ang Subic at Clark sa Vietnam.

NEDA should promote and develop Region 4-B (P235.00) or Regioin 1 (P243.00) dahil masmura ang daily wage in NON Agriculture sector. To my surprise daily wage in Region 4B & 1 is much cheaper than in the poor provinces in Visayas and Mindanao
__________________
...twitter @AnnaMaeJ
saintm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2017, 02:54 PM   #27
jp1032
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,964
Likes (Received): 2845

Parang redundant na kasi yung Subic port. Kung ako yung shipping company, bakit pa ako dadaan ng Subic papunta ng metro manila kung pede naman ako dumiretso sa Manila Port para maihatid ko yung mga deliveries ko imbes na magSubic, another cost ulet yung Biyahe from SCTEX/NLEX or Freight railway pagkadaong ng pantalan

Kung gusto nilang mamaximize ang Subic, gawin nilang Manufacturing/Industrial Hub ang Central Luzon, Pangasinan at La Union. Ang main industriya ng Central Luzon at kalapit probinsya ay agriculture.

Yung industrial zone ng Caloocan at Valenzuela puro sa Manila North Harbor ang ginagamit niyan.
jp1032 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2017, 02:56 PM   #28
s_w_stars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7,318
Likes (Received): 4833

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintm View Post
Investors will build manufacturing plants with or without this railway kung serious talaga sila mag invest.

Importante sa mga investors Cheap labor, non existent labor unions, contractualization, Cheap electricity & fuel, tax breaks, free trade deals.

Ngayon ang hotspot for manufacturing is Vietnam, susunod Cambodia and Myanmar dahil meron lahat ng elements na gusto ng investors. Next decade, Africa will be the next global manufacturing hub.

====

Pangalawa na pinakamataas na minimum wage ang Central Luzon sa buong bansa next to Metro Manila.

Source: http://nwpc.dole.gov.ph/pages/statis..._regional.html

Labor cost, electricity and banned contractualization palang talo na ang Subic at Clark sa Vietnam.

NEDA should promote and develop Region 4-B (P235.00) or Regioin 1 (P243.00) dahil masmura ang daily wage in NON Agriculture sector. To my surprise daily wage in Region 4B & 1 is much cheaper than in the poor provinces in Visayas and Mindanao
We shouldn't compete with Vietnam, Cambodia or Africa because of their business culture. Cost/price is the key selling point. China is past that stage. What I'd like to see is investors will invest in the PH of the quality of work so they will stay. e.g. I met an engineer in Mactan, working for MPEZA. They were producing printers, and their output was 40% of the world market (Lexmark I believe). And they were expanding then. Don't know now. So is Timex, Rubbermaid etc they've been in Mactan since early 80s.

For energy, that's an issue the gov't should incentivize alternative energy - they can have windmills, solar fields (esp in the lahar fields in Clark/Tarlac), and geothermal. In Valencia outside of Dumaguete, my driver was pleased that they pay very low rates for electricity, and even get rebates from time to time because of the geothermal plant, in town.

The Subic-Clark-Manila rail line had been in the plan for decades. They shouldn't drop it. And if they seriously decide to go ahead in the future it should connect with the rail line to Batangas. Subic is a free port I believe, Batangas can be focused on domestic shipping (bypassing North Harbour in Manila.)
__________________
"Traveling and sojourning among various people make men wise." - Cervantes
s_w_stars no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2017, 03:10 PM   #29
le Reine
Finding destiny
 
le Reine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,784
Likes (Received): 2884

Question lang, tayo lang ba sa Asia ang hindi naga-allow ng foreign ownership or yung 60/40 rule?
le Reine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2017, 04:05 PM   #30
saintm
Beautiful User
 
saintm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,885
Likes (Received): 2316

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_w_stars;
We shouldn't compete with Vietnam, Cambodia or Africa because of their business culture. Cost/price is the key selling point. China is past that stage. What I'd like to see is investors will invest in the PH of the quality of work so they will stay. e.g. I met an engineer in Mactan, working for MPEZA. They were producing printers, and their output was 40% of the world market (Lexmark I believe). And they were expanding then. Don't know now. So is Timex, Rubbermaid etc they've been in Mactan since early 80s.

For energy, that's an issue the gov't should incentivize alternative energy - they can have windmills, solar fields (esp in the lahar fields in Clark/Tarlac), and geothermal. In Valencia outside of Dumaguete, my driver was pleased that they pay very low rates for electricity, and even get rebates from time to time because of the geothermal plant, in town.

The Subic-Clark-Manila rail line had been in the plan for decades. They shouldn't drop it. And if they seriously decide to go ahead in the future it should connect with the rail line to Batangas. Subic is a free port I believe, Batangas can be focused on domestic shipping (bypassing North Harbour in Manila.)
My apologies for starting this off topic discussion.

Business culture is non significant for foreign investors as long as there is huge profit. We live in a world defined by greed. Even respected multinational corporations engage in such practices to push up their revenue.

To answer your response regarding the need for a highly specialized industries, you are correct.

For an export driven economy lead by mass production, our country needs to produce local companies that can innovate and produce things engineered and produced by Filipinos themselves.

Export based economy that significantly rely on foreign capital is not beneficial in the long run. Foreign investors will shift their operation elsewhere where labor is cheap for mass production. It happened before to INTEL PHILIPPINES, Ford Philippines, Mattel, to name a few.

Cost of energy in this country will remain high as long as private entities own the production and distribution. Vital infrastructures should be managed by the government or non-profit entities.

I'm not saying they should shelve the Subic-Clark railway. It's a good project. Constructing it now is just mind boggling because there is no demand while other areas are in dire need of decongestion
__________________
...twitter @AnnaMaeJ
saintm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2017, 06:55 PM   #31
BeaverQube
Registered User
 
BeaverQube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,117
Likes (Received): 1170

This Subic to Clark rail project is not a bad idea to me. The more rail project the better!

They can even extend it to Cabanatuan then to Baler, Quezon if they want.
__________________

s_w_stars liked this post
BeaverQube no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2017, 07:28 PM   #32
s_w_stars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7,318
Likes (Received): 4833

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintm View Post

I'm not saying they should shelve the Subic-Clark railway. It's a good project. Constructing it now is just mind boggling because there is no demand while other areas are in dire need of decongestion
OT. I agree with you on many points but we can't be solely focus on "price/cost". I'd rather have a Hanjin in Subic than a few assemblers. We need to consider labour input/value added in goods that we export. As for Subic-Clark railway, it had been there for 2 decades so that's nothing new. When is it going to come to fruition? As long as they keep it in the plan, part of the macro economic development to connect it to the PNR rail plans to Manila, Batangas, then half the battle is won.
__________________
"Traveling and sojourning among various people make men wise." - Cervantes
s_w_stars no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2018, 12:35 PM   #33
wheel of steel
Registered User
 
wheel of steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,504
Likes (Received): 985

Just saw the alignment of Subic Clark Railway its almost parallel to SCTEx except at some portions it deviates from the highway. I remember that SCTEx 500m both sides easement from highway edge from Clark to Tipo was reserved by BCDA for Industrial and Commercial Zones. So its very much practical. No worries for ROW acquision to this project.
__________________

INVEST IN THE PHILIPPINES


dipdown, RayQ, s_w_stars liked this post
wheel of steel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2018, 11:35 PM   #34
s_w_stars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7,318
Likes (Received): 4833

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintm View Post
Kung ilabas ng BCDA at NEDA ang data tungkol sa container van traffic volume/ twenty-foot equivalent units (TEU) a year statistics between Clark or Subic baka ma convince pa ako sa project na to kung kelangan ba talaga.

May fraight train connection ba ang Subic-Clark railway to Manila & Batangas? parang wala, asa nalang.

For now ang kelangan lang nila gawin i-secure ang ROW ng Subic-Clark Railway for future use. Panigurado lugi ang operator or taxpayers din ang mag subsidize dito kung wala naman demand for now.

Dapat focus muna sa Manila-Laguna-Batangas Freight line dahil andun ang port congestion, traffic at manufacturing areas.
If you're speaking decongesting Manila, Subic and Batangas can decongest the port of Manila and the manufacturing areas of Laguna. Having a freight railway between Subic, Clark, Manila to Batangas will ease the pressure on Manila. Subic is a freeport, Clark is also an export zone. A freight line (combined with passenger operation) will help move manufacturers, investors to these areas. Btw., there's nothing more you can do to ease up the congestion in Manila - the port, the roads etc.
__________________
"Traveling and sojourning among various people make men wise." - Cervantes
s_w_stars no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2018, 04:16 AM   #35
d00dz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 283
Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel of steel View Post
Just saw the alignment of Subic Clark Railway its almost parallel to SCTEx except at some portions it deviates from the highway. I remember that SCTEx 500m both sides easement from highway edge from Clark to Tipo was reserved by BCDA for Industrial and Commercial Zones. So its very much practical. No worries for ROW acquision to this project.
Where did you see the alignment? I am excited for this project and would like to see how they are planning it.
d00dz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2018, 04:44 AM   #36
jp1032
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,964
Likes (Received): 2845

Uunlad lalo ang turismo sa Subic at kalapit area kapag nagawa ito. Sa ngayon kapag naririnig mo ang word na "Subic" na pupuntahan ay unang sumasagi sa isip ay kailangan ng sasakyan dahil napakahassle ng biyahe sa bus lalo na pag peak season. Kung magawa yung Manila-Clark Railway at Clark-Subic Railway, napakadali na lang magcommute papunta at galing ng Subic.
jp1032 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2018, 04:56 AM   #37
wheel of steel
Registered User
 
wheel of steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,504
Likes (Received): 985

Quote:
Originally Posted by d00dz View Post
Where did you see the alignment? I am excited for this project and would like to see how they are planning it.
Ill post the alignment later..
wheel of steel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2018, 08:31 AM   #38
d00dz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 283
Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel of steel View Post
Ill post the alignment later..
Awesome! Thanks bro! Everyone here would appreciate it a lot!
d00dz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2018, 09:43 AM   #39
absinthe_888
Registered User
 
absinthe_888's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,126
Likes (Received): 10262

Mods, can we merge this thread with Clark-Subic Rail?
__________________
"Honestly, I have identified the enemy who dumped us into this quagmire we are in. I have met the enemy face to face. And sadly, the enemy is us. We are our own tormentors."

PRRD, #SONA2019
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2018, 11:21 AM   #40
SuperKiddo
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 481
Likes (Received): 304

Or delete this perhaps.
__________________

Tokyo/Manila liked this post
SuperKiddo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us