Unified Grand Central Station - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Railways

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 19th, 2017, 07:19 AM   #41
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Likes (Received): 5200

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannsky View Post
I agree with anonymous_filipino's comment. Well to some comments na puro negative na lang ang sinasabi na wala naman basis ang mga sinasabi, i agree with you na lets argue once an actual number has been released.
But we do have basis. There was a plan in 2009, a Common Station for all three lines. Its location was determined because it was deemed better than putting it in Trinoma. They considered that the Trinoma location was not feasible because its too far from MRT7, there was that interchange that DPWH was going to build and it had to be a flyover because of flooding in the area. That Common Station was approved and all, construction actually started. And I distinctly remember all the forumers were gun hoe, excited and there was no objections or conflict.

Then PNoy became president, DOTC Secretary Ping De Jesus who was actually competent resigned, then Mar Roxas became DOTC Secretary, hell broke loose! Then comes Joseph Emilio Aguinaldo Abaya, then the rest is history!

So yeah, the only honest justification for this new station is inip na inip na kayo dahil you don't want to face the wrath of the Ayalas. But don't try to say that the new station is better than the original, that the original is going to be too crowded and so on. Because if based solely on facts, the original SM Common Station wins. Its just plain common sense in terms of convenience, operational efficiency, timetable and costs.

"The best solution all over the world, time tested, safe, no pollution, is still the use of the train system." - Ms. Elvira Medina, Nat'l Center for Commuter Safety and Protection
queetz@home no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 19th, 2017, 07:21 AM   #42
nelo--

Likes (Received): 575

Metro Manila Mass Rapid Transit System

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanz09 View Post
sa unang tingin maganda yung original plan pero overcrowded eventually once three lines are all operational.

Maganda yung original plan para sa mga taong tamad maglakad; sa mga taong less than 300m eh nagta-tricycle pa; sa mga gusto e sa mismong destinasyon sya ibababa ng jeep or bus, tapos pag lumagpas ng ilang metro e galit na galit sa driver.

lianlaspinas, Englehart, palaweno liked this post
nelo-- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 07:43 AM   #43
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Ako pa pala ang one of the people bringing updates regarding the Common Station back in 2009. I went back to the very long Mass Transit Thread archive, at page 560 and found this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
This article below gives some answers regarding the super cool and awesome Grand Central terminal...

Friday, July 17, 2009

NEDA board gives green
light to railway super-terminal

By Euan Paulo C. Aņonuevo, Reporter

The National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) board has given the green light to a super terminal that would connect Metro Manila’s elevated railway systems.

In a statement, NEDA said its board, which is chaired by President Gloria Arroyo, approved the endorsement made by the agency’s Investment Coordination Committee (NEDA-ICC) on the Light Rail Transit Line 1 (LRT 1) North Extension Project.

The project was reevaluated to provide for an integrated terminal or the Metro Manila Integrated Rail Terminal (MMIRT), which will link LRT 1 to the existing Metro Rail Transit Line 3 (MRT 3) and the proposed MRT 7.

The MMIRT, which will be located in front of SM North EDSA Annex, aims to provide a common terminal for easy passenger transfer between the three overhead railway lines.

It also intends to close the MRT 3—LRT 1 loop with a provision for a possible seamless rail operation of the two.

“As such, there will be an alignment of MRT 3, shortening of the LRT Line 1 North Extension guide way and modifying the design of the EDSA North Avenue station of MRT 7,” NEDA said.

The total budgetary requirement for the MMIRT amounts to about P777.60 million. The proposal for the common terminal is targeted for completion by May next year, and is expected to begin operations on August of the same year.

http://www.manilatimes.net/national/...90717bus1.html

Here is the old diagram again which shows the possible seamless rail operation...

I'll try to dig up the archives more when I have more free time but as you can see, its clearly stated the cost of the original is a measly Php 777.60 million! So Nato Reyes was correct in that Failon Ngayon interview and Cherrie Mercado was indeed lying when she said the Php 777.60 was just to add MRT7! I wonder if I can #8888 her for misleading the public on a media broadcast...

"The best solution all over the world, time tested, safe, no pollution, is still the use of the train system." - Ms. Elvira Medina, Nat'l Center for Commuter Safety and Protection
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 19th, 2017, 07:43 AM   #44
vmanato

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelo-- View Post
Maganda yung original plan para sa mga taong tamad maglakad; sa mga taong less than 300m eh nagta-tricycle pa; sa mga gusto e sa mismong destinasyon sya ibababa ng jeep or bus, tapos pag lumagpas ng ilang metro e galit na galit sa driver.
Maganda yung original plan ng SM Common Station para sa mga taong pagbaba ng isang tren, eh sakay agad sa kabilang tren. There's efficiency in the transfer vs the compromised station where people would be forced to loiter and wander around longer than they are supposed to.
2023 FIBA BASKETBALL WORLD CUP
vmanato no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 07:49 AM   #45
nelo--

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmanato View Post
Maganda yung original plan ng SM Common Station para sa mga taong pagbaba ng isang tren, eh sakay agad sa kabilang tren. There's efficiency in the transfer vs the compromised station where people would be forced to loiter and wander around longer than they are supposed to.

Do you mean to say Singapore commuters are also being forced to loiter and wander around their common stations?

Parchie liked this post
Old January 19th, 2017, 07:50 AM   #46
j01

Likes (Received): 2058

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMarco View Post
I agree. Can you imagine if all three lines in one roof? We'll have a scene like this along EDSA:

Even if they get new trains for the MRT-3, it will still be unable to cope with the daily ridership once the MRT-7 is completed.
Here's another classic photo:

Photo Source: Dec 2015
j01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 07:51 AM   #47
happosai
<<-Pusit Hunter->>

Likes (Received): 833

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englehart View Post
yung deign pag umulan basa pa lahat
Pde naman mag payong...
happosai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 07:53 AM   #48
nelo--

Quote:
Originally Posted by j01 View Post
Here's another classic photo:

Photo Source: Dec 2015

With the projected traffic of 80k passengers per hour, this is not unlikely to happen if the old design is implemented.
Old January 19th, 2017, 07:56 AM   #49
vmanato

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelo-- View Post
Do you mean to say Singapore commuters are also being forced to loiter and wander around their common stations?
Yes.
Old January 19th, 2017, 08:06 AM   #50
nelo--

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmanato View Post
Yes.

I rest my case then.
Old January 19th, 2017, 08:18 AM   #51
ronki

Likes (Received): 328

Assume na natin na walang sira at mabilis ang byahe ng tren.

Sa sitwasyon ng MRT-3. May maximum number of trains at a certain point sa buong linya (na discuss na to ni RE). So kung biglang dami ng mga pasahero in the future (3-5 years) aabot at aabot tayo dun sa 900k capacity niya at hindi maiiwasan magkaron ng pila talaga.

And kung sabay sabay dating ng LRT-1/MRT-7/MRT-9 sa CS. At sabihin mo nang 50% ng pasahero neto ay sasakay sa MRT-3. Siguradong aapaw yung platform kung magkakatabi lang sila.

Merong pros and cons yung 2009 model at present model.

Pero para sakin, kahit ano...gusto ko lang masimulan na yan.

lianlaspinas, nelo--, private-i liked this post
ronki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 08:18 AM   #52
vmanato

The entire population of Singapore is only 5 million. At an estimated 500K daily ridership MRT has already surpassed Singapore's entire population in just 10 days.

Line 7 connects Metro Manila to Central Luzon and Line 1 SEP connects it to CALBARZON combined population of those 3 regions would make Singapore virtually a ghost town in comparison.
Old January 19th, 2017, 08:21 AM   #53
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

I was thinking about it but I will leave it alone for now. Ideally we should start the thread once the DED is done and the TRO is lifted.

But if Manila-X, Thomasian or AnakngPasig wants to transfer it or even lock it (to be reopened or restarted later), I'll defer to their judgement call.

lianlaspinas, thomasian, roydex liked this post
Old January 19th, 2017, 08:26 AM   #54
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 10260

Dapat fully mailabas yung 2009 CS study ng Systra PH, especially passenger flow at projection.

Can't help but wonder what would have happened to PNR and this CS if GMA was still the P back then, corruption issues notwithstanding. haist

PRRD, #SONA2019

[email protected] liked this post
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 08:32 AM   #55
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronki View Post
Assume na natin na walang sira at mabilis ang byahe ng tren.

Sa sitwasyon ng MRT-3. May maximum number of trains at a certain point sa buong linya (na discuss na to ni RE). So kung biglang dami ng mga pasahero in the future (3-5 years) aabot at aabot tayo dun sa 900k capacity niya at hindi maiiwasan magkaron ng pila talaga.

And kung sabay sabay dating ng LRT-1/MRT-7/MRT-9 sa CS. At sabihin mo nang 50% ng pasahero neto ay sasakay sa MRT-3. Siguradong aapaw yung platform kung magkakatabi lang sila.

Merong pros and cons yung 2009 model at present model.

Pero para sakin, kahit ano...gusto ko lang masimulan na yan.
And that I can totally understand and respect. I am really annoyed at those who say the original 2009 model is crap, that the new one is better, etc. just to justify Ayala's greed or perhaps even their own. But honesty is always appreciated.

I admit, I can fight this and with lessons learned from the LRT2 - BRT conversion debacle, contacts made and so on, plus today's Cherrie Mercado's misleading the public, its totally doable. But I will leave it up to the likes of Bayan Muna if they want to take this to court.

lanz09 liked this post
Old January 19th, 2017, 08:38 AM   #56
InfinitiFX45

Likes (Received): 5029

Last edited by InfinitiFX45; January 19th, 2017 at 08:57 AM.
InfinitiFX45 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 08:41 AM   #57
ganmatthew
Transport Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 261

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/863620/...common-station
ganmatthew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 08:44 AM   #58
binbin90

Likes (Received): 435

as much as he (Vitangcol) has a point.............hay nako, nanggugulo, ok na nga eh
binbin90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 08:50 AM   #59
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

And NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF MAR ROXAS HAS NOT STOPPED THE ORIGINAL COMMON STATION AND JOSEPH EMILIO AGUINALDO ABAYA DID NOT MOVE IT TO FAVOUR THE AYALAS!

Mauuna pa pala si Al Vitangcol kaysa sa Bayan Muna when it comes to the court battles. And Al has a taste of vengeance for the DOTr given what the previous administration did to him...

Old January 19th, 2017, 08:57 AM   #60
nelo--

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganmatthew View Post

Yes!!! TRO!! Woohooo!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement