Unified Grand Central Station - Page 5 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Railways

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 19th, 2017, 02:02 PM   #81
nelo--

Likes (Received): 575

tine-take nila literally yung meaning ng common station. Kelangan daw e magkaka-align mismo yung mga riles

dantskie1978 liked this post
nelo-- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 19th, 2017, 02:33 PM   #82
binbin90

Likes (Received): 435

uu nga, in other asian countries, maglalakad din naman from one line to another, sometimes malayo din......the lrt mrt common station that is being planned here is actually quite small in comparison
binbin90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 02:34 PM   #83
pau_p1
Proud to be Filipino

Likes (Received): 1034

The original design is still the best in my opinion... offers quicker connections with less distance...

I've been to other countries with complicated metro lines and lived in Singapore where they have interchanges that allow you to simply take an escalator to transfer you to the next line like in Raffles Place and City Hall and also have huge interchanges like Dhoby Ghaut which has about 150-180m gap between lines...

definitely its more convenient to transfer lines by just going up or down a level than walking a long path with the mob trying to catch their next train... that walk itself adds to the total travel time and would make the passenger more exhausted when they reach their destinations regardless if its airconditioned or not...
pau_p1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 19th, 2017, 02:43 PM   #84
binbin90

Likes (Received): 435

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau_p1 View Post
Hmmm I wonder what is Ayala's hidden plan for that open parking in the middle of the common station... I bet if construction starts, we'll probably see a Ayala mall complex in that middle section probabaly filled with F&B stalls...
they currently use it as parking area for trinoma, so I doubt that they'll redevelop that area, god knows how much trinoma needs parking. But if the common station has space for retail I'm going to assume one of those is reserved for a familymart, lel . Convenience stores and transport terminals works well together
binbin90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 02:54 PM   #85
tambay328
#WeDaNorth

Likes (Received): 1767

There's a render before which the open carpark (the open space in the common station footprint) will give way for a mall extension + BPO tower. I wonder if Ayala will proceed on that, despite they are prioritizing the four BPO towers atop Ayala Malls Vertis North and that rumored expansion that will be built in the Mindanao Ave open carpark.
Old January 19th, 2017, 02:56 PM   #86
anonymous_filipino

Likes (Received): 1207

Quote:
The original design is still the best in my opinion... offers quicker connections with less distance...

I've been to other countries with complicated metro lines and lived in Singapore where they have interchanges that allow you to simply take an escalator to transfer you to the next line like in Raffles Place and City Hall and also have huge interchanges like Dhoby Ghaut which has about 150-180m gap between lines...

definitely its more convenient to transfer lines by just going up or down a level than walking a long path with the mob trying to catch their next train... that walk itself adds to the total travel time and would make the passenger more exhausted when they reach their destinations regardless if its airconditioned or not...
The first 2 stations have two MRT lines (North-South and East-West Lines) kung saan bagay ang cross platform interchanges due to the 2 MRT Lines running parallel with each other in those stations.

Dhoby Ghaut Station, on the other hand, has 3 MRT Lines using that station as an interchange station. North South Line and Circle Line are parallel with each other therefore permitting cross platform interchange. North East Line is perpendicular from both North South and Circle Line, and operated by a different operator but the ticketing system is still integrated with the former 2 MRT lines, entails a 150-180m walk, but the passageways have walkalators naman. And you would notice that the area of Dhoby Ghaut station is larger than the width of EDSA. Kaya nga what I'm trying to say here, and other forumers also, wag na natin ipilit yung original location due to its narrow area. At mas lalong wag nating pilitin yung gusto ni PAbaya dati. New CS location is ok for me. It spreads out in a wider and bigger area than both the original location and PAbaya's preferred location, while possibly integrating with the UV Express terminals of SM North EDSA and Trinoma.

mayrilesngtren, 1100 liked this post
anonymous_filipino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 03:06 PM   #87
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Likes (Received): 5191

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambay328 View Post
There's a render before which the open carpark (the open space in the common station footprint) will give way for a mall extension + BPO tower. I wonder if Ayala will proceed on that, despite they are prioritizing the four BPO towers atop Ayala Malls Vertis North and that rumored expansion that will be built in the Mindanao Ave open carpark.
As much as I LOVE to have a BPO Tower placed on that open space, it will only add insult to injury since Ayala benefits even more! This only goes to show even the compromise station is really Ayala's bidding...but we already know that, right?

"The best solution all over the world, time tested, safe, no pollution, is still the use of the train system." - Ms. Elvira Medina, Nat'l Center for Commuter Safety and Protection
queetz@home no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 03:13 PM   #88
tambay328
#WeDaNorth

Likes (Received): 1767

A park and ride + transpo terminal is better kung di nila sundan ang former plan. My hunch is that mukhang di matutuloy since they have the upcoming BPO component in Vertis.
Old January 19th, 2017, 03:21 PM   #89
ArchitectValencia

Likes (Received): 723

It's about time.
ArchitectValencia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 03:50 PM   #90
chestersim
W

Likes (Received): 1181

What will the MRT-LRT common station be called?

Quote:
Metro Rail Transit (MRT), Light Railway Transit (LRT), Department of Transportation, DOTr, MRT-7,
Proposed design of MRT-LRT common station. PHOTO FROM DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION

Now that an agreement has been reached for the construction of the P2.8-billion railway common station project, the public might be wondering: What would it be called?

Department of Transportation (DOTr) spokesperson Cherie Mercado said both SM North Edsa of the Sy family and Trinoma of the Ayala family, which fought over the common station’s prime location, have naming rights for the project. It would allow commuters to stroll between the two malls as it linked three of Metro Manila’s main railways.

For now, Mercado said the project will temporarily be called the Unified Grand Central Station. The Supreme Court halted the construction of the project in 2014 after SM Prime Holdings contested the new location near Trinoma.
snipped

--------
very insulting yung GRAND. hindi pa nakuntento sa common. well hindi nga naman common at higit sa lahat hindi Unified. naghahanap din ako ng dahilan para sa central

if you read the article you would find out that Ayala actually paid 150M. mygoodness kaya ba super gigil si abaya idikit to sa trinoma. hindi pa sila nadala sa binayad ng SM.

yung original price e parang nadoble dahil sa 2 malls na to. kung wala sanang nagabot ng pera edi mas nakamura pa sana at tapos na sana ngayon. 2.8 B tapos .3 lang naman naiambag nila. du30 cant stop the oligarchs in this project. that's quite sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by absinthe_888 View Post
Ito yung hindi mashado nababalita sa ngayon.

Remember, NEDA has approved this project.
I believe the new render actually have an underpass. kaya sobrang gulo gulo ang mga islands sa taas para maacomodate yung crossing.

Last edited by chestersim; January 19th, 2017 at 03:55 PM.
chestersim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 03:53 PM   #91
Englehart
Air, Road, Rail and Sea

Likes (Received): 589

Hindi Pa pede North Terminal na lang may grand grand pang nalalaman
Old January 19th, 2017, 04:04 PM   #92
chestersim
W

Likes (Received): 1181

somebody has to file case against these people. ayos na yung feasib kaya nagbayad si sm. then here comes ayala paying for the adjustment of the station??? is that bribery? it looks like one.

can we consider this feasib study as a blueprint already? and do we have sources that says ayala paid after all this planning had been done?

lianlaspinas liked this post
chestersim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2017, 12:27 AM   #93
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 10260

OFT: when business interests lords over COMMUTER AND TAXPAYER INTEREST

Quote:
SM North Edsa of the Sy family and Trinoma of the Ayala family, which fought over the common station’s prime location

Quote:
Originally Posted by chestersim View Post
I believe the new render actually have an underpass. kaya sobrang gulo gulo ang mga islands sa taas para maacomodate yung crossing.
Hmm, sana maglabas real soon ang DPWH ng new render incorporating this Unified Grand Central Compromise Station.

PRRD, #SONA2019

s_w_stars liked this post
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2017, 01:06 AM   #94
Parchie

Likes (Received): 2596

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos1211 View Post
MRT is too small for the volume in 10 years. The main problem is the capacity of the MRT3 system. Even with a 4 car train 2.5 minutes headway, the maximum capacity per hour I read it somewhere is around 40000/hour.

The long lines is due to using less train with higher headway 5-15 minutes and running it slower causing passengers to build up. We can all blame DOTr for the poor maintenance.
Let's see how your figures pan out.
2.5 minutes headway means = 60 minutes/2.5 = 24 trains!
Assume each MRT3 train can carry 400 standees in crushed conditions per car plus 74 pax seated :
24 train sets X 3 cars/set X (400 + 74)= 34,128 pax per hour.

Therefore, to achieve 40,000 pax perhour, we need a headway of not more than 128 seconds = 2.133 minutes!

Or, a trainset that can carry 417 per car X 4-car config on a 24-train per hour frequency!
The aim of public education is not to spread enlightenment at all: it is simply to reduce as many individuals as possible to the same level, to breed a standard citizenry, to put down dissent and originality.

- H.L. Mencken
Parchie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2017, 01:49 AM   #95
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Likes (Received): 5191

Here is the latest TV Patrol report from last night regarding the Common Station issue....

"The best solution all over the world, time tested, safe, no pollution, is still the use of the train system." - Ms. Elvira Medina, Nat'l Center for Commuter Safety and Protection
queetz@home no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2017, 05:10 AM   #96
NegrenseBuglasnon

Likes (Received): 349

Quote:
Hmmm I wonder what is Ayala's hidden plan for that open parking in the middle of the common station... I bet if construction starts, we'll probably see a Ayala mall complex in that middle section probabaly filled with F&B stalls...
Oo nga. Parang di efficient ang open structure na iyan, unless it's a space for a structure similar to their building/bus station at the edge of McKinley Road-Makati.
Old January 20th, 2017, 11:28 AM   #97
Romb

Likes (Received): 3050

Akala ko ito na naging bato pa,dissapointing buti pang natuloy na lang iyong unang design.

[IMG][/IMG]

Jose Mari, diz, MegaPotato liked this post

Last edited by Romb; January 20th, 2017 at 12:34 PM.
Romb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2017, 02:41 AM   #98
Jose Mari
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 30434

I saw the video for that one and thought it was too good (for the Philippines) to be true.
Jose Mari no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2017, 04:59 AM   #99
diz
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 1589

standards are so low.
diz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2017, 06:28 AM   #100
alongcomesagoat

Likes (Received): 9

Just to throw this out there - Ayala's "greed" is what gave us our most progressive, pedestrian-friendly CBDs and the first malls that sacrificed retail space for open greeneries.

I don't mind a little wheeling and dealing between gov't and private interests if it gets the job done.
alongcomesagoat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement