New PNR Bicol Express| Length: 683km| 9 Stations - SkyscraperCity
 

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Railways


Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old October 21st, 2017, 02:57 PM   #1
Monchhichi
Harder Better Faster
 
Monchhichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tomorrowland
Posts: 2,161
Likes (Received): 1915

New PNR Bicol Express| Length: 683km| 9 Stations

P175-B development aid from China to revive PNR’s Bicol Express

NAGA CITY — Using the P175-billion overseas development aid to be borrowed from China, the Department of Transportation (DOTr) will revive the operation of the Philippine National Railway’s Bicol Express with reconstruction of a new railway system from Manila to Bicol, Undersecretary for Rails Cesar Chavez said.

“It is not a rehabilitation,” Chavez said at the Bicol Express Modernization Forum held here on Friday. “It will be a reconstruction. Everything will be new. New railways. New train wagons. New stations. New modalities.”

Chavez said China and the Philippines is set to sign the loan agreement of P175 billion payable in 20 years at 2 percent interest per annum on Nov. 16 and 17 at the time of the 31st Asean Summit and Related Meeting in Manila.

He said the revived Bicol Express would take six hours to reach Bicol from Manila with a design speed of 120 kph and operational speed of 80 kph.

With a timetable from 2018-2022, he said the reconstruction of the new railway system would be undertaken through Chinese general consultancy services while the determination of the firms to undertake the actual construction was still under negotiations.

He said there would be nine new train stations from Paco in Manila to Matnog town in Sorsogon, stretching 683 km of newly constructed railways following international standards.






http://business.inquirer.net/239005/...ime=1508586440
__________________
You can't always please everybody. But if they can please you, yes please.
Monchhichi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old October 21st, 2017, 03:06 PM   #2
absinthe_888
Registered User
 
absinthe_888's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,124
Likes (Received): 10259

From the same article:

The $$$ needed:

Quote:
Chavez said China and the Philippines is set to sign the loan agreement of P175 billion payable in 20 years at 2 percent interest per annum on Nov. 16 and 17 at the time of the 31st Asean Summit and Related Meeting in Manila.
Speed:

Quote:
He said the revived Bicol Express would take six hours to reach Bicol from Manila with a design speed of 120 kph and operational speed of 80 kph.
Sigurado daming sisilip dun sa interest rate at loan duration.

Sa speed naman, sana operational speed ay 80-100kph, depending on track condition/gradient
__________________
"Honestly, I have identified the enemy who dumped us into this quagmire we are in. I have met the enemy face to face. And sadly, the enemy is us. We are our own tormentors."

PRRD, #SONA2019
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2017, 03:08 PM   #3
Monchhichi
Harder Better Faster
 
Monchhichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tomorrowland
Posts: 2,161
Likes (Received): 1915

DOTr bares Bicol Express plans
NAGA CITY, Philippines (Bicol Standard) – Reconstruction, not rehabilitation.

This is the plan of Department of Transportation Undersecretary for Rails Cesar Chavez on the much-awaited Bicol Express project of the Philippine National Railways.

“Bagong riles, bagong estasyon, bagong bagon, management, sistema,” is how he described the government’s vision.
Chavez revealed that they intend to have the Manila to Bicol line be operational by 2022.
Under the new Bicol Express, passengers from Paco, Manila to Matnog, Sorsogon will have a travel time of only seven hours.
He also revealed that the project, which is estimated to cost P175 billion, will be funded by China.
“Action will start in six months,” he said.
http://m.philstar.com/414576/show/d5...3c2a7e961e09/?
__________________
You can't always please everybody. But if they can please you, yes please.
Monchhichi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old October 21st, 2017, 03:15 PM   #4
absinthe_888
Registered User
 
absinthe_888's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,124
Likes (Received): 10259

One more thing:

Let's hope this massive wet dream project will not suffer the same fate as Northrail, which ironically was funded by Beijing as well.
__________________
"Honestly, I have identified the enemy who dumped us into this quagmire we are in. I have met the enemy face to face. And sadly, the enemy is us. We are our own tormentors."

PRRD, #SONA2019
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2017, 04:20 PM   #5
wheel of steel
Registered User
 
wheel of steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,500
Likes (Received): 979

Excellent Thread... Just about to open a new one and came up with this. Anyway the 9 stations will be Lucena, Gumaca, Ragay, Naga, Iriga, Legazpi, Sorsogon, Irosin and Matnog.. There will be varieties of operations.. Ex. Bicol Limited Express originating from FTI to Matnog via selected stops, Bicol Regional Local originating Ragay to Matnog VV All Station, Quezon Bicol Express originating from Lucena to Matnog all station service...
__________________

nelo-- liked this post
wheel of steel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2017, 04:23 PM   #6
wheel of steel
Registered User
 
wheel of steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,500
Likes (Received): 979

Quote:
Originally Posted by absinthe_888 View Post
One more thing:

Let's hope this massive wet dream project will not suffer the same fate as Northrail, which ironically was funded by Beijing as well.
My friend it was Politics that destroyed the Northrail Project...
wheel of steel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2017, 04:24 PM   #7
McMarco
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Tuguegarao City / Quezon City
Posts: 1,196
Likes (Received): 879

Quote:
Originally Posted by absinthe_888 View Post
From the same article:

The $$$ needed:



Speed:



Sigurado daming sisilip dun sa interest rate at loan duration.

Sa speed naman, sana operational speed ay 80-100kph, depending on track condition/gradient
I wish it were Japan instead of China funding this. Chinese ODA have been notorious for having high interest rates.
McMarco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2017, 04:33 PM   #8
wheel of steel
Registered User
 
wheel of steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,500
Likes (Received): 979

Cost Breakdown (Previous 151B Version)

Development Cost 500M
Civil Works 81,755M
Signal/Com. 3,669M
Land,ROW, Resettlement 53,718M
Rolling Stocks 10,441M
Eqmnt. and Machinery 1,223M
__________________

INVEST IN THE PHILIPPINES

wheel of steel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2017, 04:49 PM   #9
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod
 
queetz@home's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ortigas (Pasig City)
Posts: 5,716
Likes (Received): 5171

Is this for sure standard gauge? That is the biggest thing I am hoping for not just for Bicol Express, but for all rail lines, especially since this is a reconstruction from ground up. Its an opportunity to correct the mistakes of the past and would make the rail line far more efficient and serviceable.
__________________
SAVE LRT2

"The best solution all over the world, time tested, safe, no pollution, is still the use of the train system." - Ms. Elvira Medina, Nat'l Center for Commuter Safety and Protection
queetz@home no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2017, 04:52 PM   #10
wheel of steel
Registered User
 
wheel of steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,500
Likes (Received): 979

My Sources reveals that there will be massive widening of row and curve radius corrections to make it up for sustained 120kph line speed without slowing down on curves. And also construction of rail overpassess on major intersections, pedestrian and animal crossing culverts and complete grade separation of the current line crossings. Our current PNR Main Line south curve radius is only 300m good for only 60kph speed.
__________________

INVEST IN THE PHILIPPINES


dipdown liked this post
wheel of steel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2017, 04:57 PM   #11
wheel of steel
Registered User
 
wheel of steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,500
Likes (Received): 979

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Is this for sure standard gauge? That is the biggest thing I am hoping for not just for Bicol Express, but for all rail lines, especially since this is a reconstruction from ground up. Its an opportunity to correct the mistakes of the past and would make the rail line far more efficient and serviceable.
MOD its guaranteed FUTURE ROOF, all brand new rail lines will be SGR according to DOTR..
__________________

[email protected], nelo-- liked this post
wheel of steel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2017, 05:01 PM   #12
wheel of steel
Registered User
 
wheel of steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,500
Likes (Received): 979

Quote:
Originally Posted by absinthe_888 View Post
From the same article:

The $$$ needed:



Speed:



Sigurado daming sisilip dun sa interest rate at loan duration.

Sa speed naman, sana operational speed ay 80-100kph, depending on track condition/gradient
120kph will be the design speed PNR maybe oprating on initial stage when this opens..
wheel of steel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2017, 05:05 PM   #13
Englehart
Air, Road, Rail and Sea
 
Englehart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manila
Posts: 3,147
Likes (Received): 586

well baka maging 160kph kung kaya naman diba?
__________________
You can be Called a Certified Coupler Hunter
you must first undergo a Below The Job Training
Englehart no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2017, 06:21 PM   #14
absinthe_888
Registered User
 
absinthe_888's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,124
Likes (Received): 10259

The relocation costs alone will be staggering.
__________________
"Honestly, I have identified the enemy who dumped us into this quagmire we are in. I have met the enemy face to face. And sadly, the enemy is us. We are our own tormentors."

PRRD, #SONA2019
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2017, 06:41 PM   #15
SquadronTopGun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 256
Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchhichi View Post
P175-B development aid from China to revive PNR’s Bicol Express

NAGA CITY — Using the P175-billion overseas development aid to be borrowed from China, the Department of Transportation (DOTr) will revive the operation of the Philippine National Railway’s Bicol Express with reconstruction of a new railway system from Manila to Bicol, Undersecretary for Rails Cesar Chavez said.

“It is not a rehabilitation,” Chavez said at the Bicol Express Modernization Forum held here on Friday. “It will be a reconstruction. Everything will be new. New railways. New train wagons. New stations. New modalities.”

Chavez said China and the Philippines is set to sign the loan agreement of P175 billion payable in 20 years at 2 percent interest per annum on Nov. 16 and 17 at the time of the 31st Asean Summit and Related Meeting in Manila.

He said the revived Bicol Express would take six hours to reach Bicol from Manila with a design speed of 120 kph and operational speed of 80 kph.

With a timetable from 2018-2022, he said the reconstruction of the new railway system would be undertaken through Chinese general consultancy services while the determination of the firms to undertake the actual construction was still under negotiations.

He said there would be nine new train stations from Paco in Manila to Matnog town in Sorsogon, stretching 683 km of newly constructed railways following international standards.






http://business.inquirer.net/239005/...ime=1508586440


Kaya pala ang notice sa mga me ari ng bahay na nadinig ko ayon sa mga pagpupulong nila halimbawa sa Los Banos area along the tracks ay may clearance na 6 meters sa magkabila.. Marahil ito ay para sa double track railroad na plano nila .... This is good news. Saka sa may IRRI area pwedeng lagyan ng bagong station instead na sa Junction Los Banos dahil sa sikip at traffic ng area na un. Just a proposal sa gobyerno at sa PNR.
SquadronTopGun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2017, 05:05 AM   #16
absinthe_888
Registered User
 
absinthe_888's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,124
Likes (Received): 10259

Boss considered na yang new College / IRRI station

Yung bundok at lupain dun sa meh bundok na meh blue cross sa gabi, PNR property yung halos lahat ng yon (dun kumukuha ng ballast nung MRR-era days)
__________________
"Honestly, I have identified the enemy who dumped us into this quagmire we are in. I have met the enemy face to face. And sadly, the enemy is us. We are our own tormentors."

PRRD, #SONA2019
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2017, 06:02 AM   #17
Transporter89
Infrastructures/Cities
 
Transporter89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Quezon City
Posts: 3,573
Likes (Received): 1091

Ayaaan! Nice Monachichi
__________________

Bulabugin natin ang gobyerno! Huwag tayong titigil hangga't hindi ito bumibili ng karagdagang tren at kumukuha ng magagaling at matitinong railway managers. Dikdikin natin ang gobyerno para diinan din nito ang mga negosyanteng nanlalamang sa kontrata at serbisyo.
Transporter89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2017, 03:29 AM   #18
absinthe_888
Registered User
 
absinthe_888's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,124
Likes (Received): 10259

Mod question:

So all of the news/analysis/photos/etc regarding the MLS reconstruction will be put here, but the general PNR news [among others] will still be posted at the Riles Thread?
__________________
"Honestly, I have identified the enemy who dumped us into this quagmire we are in. I have met the enemy face to face. And sadly, the enemy is us. We are our own tormentors."

PRRD, #SONA2019
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2017, 05:57 AM   #19
mr.suroy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Banos, Laguna
Posts: 406
Likes (Received): 7

my feasib na ba to o design phase na?
mr.suroy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2017, 03:17 PM   #20
wheel of steel
Registered User
 
wheel of steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,500
Likes (Received): 979

According to Asec. Chavez, PNR South Long Haul SGR will be done in 4 sections of each 150km distance by 4 Gen. Contractors SIMULTAENOUSLY.
__________________

happosai, nelo-- liked this post
wheel of steel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us