Makati Subway|Length:11 kms.|10 Stations - Page 5 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Railways

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 9th, 2018, 03:33 PM   #81
fretburner

Likes (Received): 2343

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manila-X View Post
To me, it is pointless if this rapid transit line will only serve Makati alone when it can be extended.

Note that even if Makati is an individual city, it is still part of Metro Manila.

I believe the proponents of this is trying to avoid the bigger bureaucracy by having to deal with Makati alone. As for me, for as long as it will be connected to the other major transport hubs, e.g. MRT3-Ayala Station, I'm good.

MegaPotato liked this post
fretburner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 9th, 2018, 03:45 PM   #82
Englehart
Air, Road, Rail and Sea

Likes (Received): 596

kung PNR - MRT-3 JICA subway pede connecting line kaso nabitin pa para sa Line 1

Englehart está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2018, 04:49 AM   #83
fretburner

^ Line 1 kasi is Manila. Kaya ayun. Line 3 ka muna bago mag Line 1. Ikot2x lang hehehehe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 10th, 2018, 04:59 AM   #84
jp1032

Likes (Received): 2863

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretburner View Post
^ Line 1 kasi is Manila. Kaya ayun. Line 3 ka muna bago mag Line 1. Ikot2x lang hehehehe
Malakas sa mga Binay yan may ari ng IRC. Kaya napagkamalan din na dummy
jp1032 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2018, 11:09 AM   #85
Englehart
Air, Road, Rail and Sea

Quote:
Gil puyat station(pasay City) tinutukoy ko yung 4 na kanto lang makati na
Old July 10th, 2018, 11:09 AM   #86
MegaPotato

Likes (Received): 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1032 View Post
This proposed subway need to provide provisions for future expansions to other city and future connectivity to other lines
I hope so, at least they have to design it that it can be expanded and integrated to other lines.

So far Line 3 will of course, but I think even to future MM Subway which is great. I wish they can spur it or run through PNR line instead and interchange over there. If they can even extend to Line 1, even better since that line needs direct connectivity to Makati without going to Taft-EDSA to Line 3 and interchange to Makati Subway.

Quote:
I believe the proponents of this is trying to avoid the bigger bureaucracy by having to deal with Makati alone. As for me, for as long as it will be connected to the other major transport hubs, e.g. MRT3-Ayala Station, I'm good.
I think it was mentioned and make sense especially if we want this to be done sooner, which I think is a good intention. Though I hope that it can be expanded at least terminate to one of the lines and make an interchange with them.

The good thing about this Makati Subway is it serves the CBD that even initial MM Subway can't. I just hope it will be an heavy-rail.
MegaPotato está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2018, 12:54 PM   #87
fretburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaPotato View Post
I think it was mentioned and make sense especially if we want this to be done sooner, which I think is a good intention. Though I hope that it can be expanded at least terminate to one of the lines and make an interchange with them.

The good thing about this Makati Subway is it serves the CBD that even initial MM Subway can't. I just hope it will be an heavy-rail.

Why make it heavy? I think light rail is more than enough. The important thing is frequency during rush hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englehart View Post
Gil puyat station(pasay City) tinutukoy ko yung 4 na kanto lang makati na

E, hanap tayo taga Pasay na gagawa rin subway nya... Connect nya Makati Subway to WTC to MOA to Okada/City of Dreams.
Old July 12th, 2018, 09:53 AM   #88
medviation
Professional Lover

Likes (Received): 749

This has been proposed a LOOOONG time ago already. If you look at MRT-3 near Ayala station, there is a fork which leads to a dead end. This could be provisions for a subway below Ayala Ave. Also this explains why all the pedestrian underpasses in major intersections in Makati. Each underpass like in Paseo de Roxas and Makati Ave is a station.

dipdown liked this post
medviation no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2018, 09:47 AM   #89
eldrararawr

Likes (Received): 94

Learned from my office bh0Sx that this plan would be shelved by the DoTr once it goes through NEDA ICC screening. They are furious about this project for the following reasons:

1) Revised ICC Guidelines for China Financed Projects state that all projects should be proposed first to the Chinese Government by the Philippine Government, and then China ExIm bank would provide a shortlist of contractors for the project that would undergo bidding thru local procurement law. This unsolicited proposal is a clear act by the Chinese company to circumvent the process.

2) Project is contradictory to the Metro Manila Transport Plan crafted by the DoTr. Ipupush naman raw talaga nila yung BGC-Makati-Pasay Subway Line, pero at a later time pa. The project's alignment would be in part redundant to the scope of the DoTr plan.

3) DoTr doubts that Makati LGU could shoulder the government expenses related to this project (RROW, utility, permits chuchu). Eventually raw, Makati LGU would be forced to transfer the implementation of this project to the National Government (aka babalik sa square one yung project evaluation).

TL;DR: say goodbye to this project hahaha
Old July 13th, 2018, 11:00 AM   #90
Englehart
Air, Road, Rail and Sea

nabunutan din tayo ng tinik nga ba?
Old July 16th, 2018, 03:38 AM   #91
hayperlag

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulp01 View Post

Masyadong sharp yung curves for a full metro esp. sa may circuit makati. If your way is to go to Ayala ave from BGC, you have to circle almost the entire makati boundaries. Much better pa rin talaga yung alignment ng scrapped Mass Transit System Loop (Makati subway loop) or yung proposal ng ayala to extend the skytrain monorail from Uptown to Circuit all the way to Arca/FTI.
hayperlag no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2018, 09:00 AM   #92
ArchitectValencia

Likes (Received): 723

Ayaw nila ng loop kase pag ginawang loop dadaan na daw ng Taguig. Di na sya Makati-only line Alam mo naman ang mga Binay, mainit ang ulo sa Taguig dahil kating kati na silang kunin ang BGC.

Anyway seeing the line, yun talaga yung pinaka obvious na criticism na ibibigay ko, bakit di nalang ginawang loop. I'd rather take BGC bus from Ayala kesa iikutin ko pa buong Makati just to reach BGC. Yung iba nga bababa lang ng Estrella tapos lalakarin lang.
The northern portion of this line runs parallel to the proposed monorail of Megaworld.

I'll understand if DOTr will shelve this, but on one condition: Dapat ituloy BGC-Makati-Pasay line. If BGC-Makati-Pasay line pushes through, and if Megaworld's monorail WILL extend to Circuit, the IRC Line will be basically useless.

Last edited by ArchitectValencia; July 16th, 2018 at 09:20 AM.
ArchitectValencia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2018, 02:00 PM   #93
hayperlag

Double post.

dipdown liked this post

Last edited by hayperlag; July 16th, 2018 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Deleted
Old July 16th, 2018, 02:09 PM   #94
hayperlag

IRC's subway alignment proposal is DOA and should be shelved for good for the benefit of the riding public. I still prefer the old MOA-Makati CBD-BGC alignment (Line 5) where it passes through 26th street as there is provision to connect it at the proposed Line 4 passing through C.Raymundo-Shaw Blvd. from Taytay all the way to V. Mapa, Sta. Mesa.

dipdown, MegaPotato, nelo--, dewlin07 liked this post
Old July 16th, 2018, 02:14 PM   #95
dipdown

Likes (Received): 465

kailan ba kasi nila ipupush ung BGC-Makati-Pasay subway?
Old July 16th, 2018, 03:26 PM   #96
MegaPotato

Likes (Received): 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayperlag View Post
IRC's subway alignment proposal is DOA and should be shelved for good for the benefit of the riding public. I still prefer the old MOA-Makati CBD-BGC alignment (Line 5) where it passes through 26th street as there is provision to connect it at the proposed Line 4 passing through C.Raymundo-Shaw Blvd. from Taytay all the way to V. Mapa, Sta. Mesa.

I feel like I like this network better. That MOA-Makati CBD-BCG is better and makes an interchange to Taytay Line 4 and Subway Line 9.

Hopefully, in the future, we can even make more lines filling more gaps. Maybe another orbital line on C-5 and even C-3.

How I wish this will be all done in our lifetime and not being too old.

dipdown liked this post
MegaPotato está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2018, 06:30 PM   #97
jp1032

Likes (Received): 2863

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaPotato View Post
I feel like I like this network better. That MOA-Makati CBD-BCG is better and makes an interchange to Taytay Line 4 and Subway Line 9.

Hopefully, in the future, we can even make more lines filling more gaps. Maybe another orbital line on C-5 and even C-3.

How I wish this will be all done in our lifetime and not being too old.
Parang magiging Yamanote line version dito sa Pinas. Dapat ipush na ito ng DOTR para maumpisahan na agad yung sa financial at kahit design man lang. Yung actual construction ang matagal nito.
jp1032 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2018, 07:19 PM   #98
nelo--

Likes (Received): 575

Makati Subway|Length:11 kms.|10 Stations

I like the old CBD loop proposal, too. Glad to know it stayed in the backburner and wasn't completely shelved.

I also agree to a line running along C3 passing through Dagat-dagatan in the north and terminating somewhere near the very crowded cities of Navotas and Malabon.

Preferably a subway esp since MMS 3 has already taken much of C3.
nelo-- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 05:16 PM   #99
Romb

Likes (Received): 3061

Makati subway to have station near Metro Manila subway, says Binay
Quote:
MANILA - The proposed Makati subway will have a station near the planned Metro Manila subway so that passengers from one railway can easily transfer to the other, Makati Mayor Abigail Binay said on Wednesday.

Binay said that the Makati subway, which was proposed by listed firm IRC Properties, will not have a common station with the Metro Manila subway but passengers will still be able to walk from one railway to another.
http://news.abs-cbn.com/business/07/...way-says-binay

Tokyo/Manila, boncedrick liked this post
Romb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2018, 02:56 PM   #100
Romb

Likes (Received): 3061

Makati subway up for Swiss Challenge
Quote:
IRC Properties Inc. said the proposed $3.7-billion Makati subway is now ready for Swiss Challenge after the project received the go-signal from the city government of Makati.
IRC Properties said in a disclosure to the stock exchange the Makati Intra-City Rail Transport System would now proceed to the Swiss Challenge process after the company and the city government of Makati executed a joint certification for the project.
“IRC wishes to inform the investing public that pursuant to Makati City Ordinance No. 2014-051 or the City of Makati PPP Code, as amended by Makati City Ordinance No. 2017-017, a joint certification was today executed between the Makati City government and IRC, certifying, among others, that IRC, as the proponent, is eligible to participate as the original proponent in the unsolicited proposal and competitive/Swiss Challenge process,” IRC said.
http://www.thestandard.com.ph/busine...hallenge-.html

dipdown, MegaPotato liked this post
Romb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement