Eastwood-MRT3 (specifically Santolan Station) Skytrain | Length: 5 km| ? Stations - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Railways

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 19th, 2018, 02:25 AM   #1
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Likes (Received): 5178

Eastwood-MRT3 (specifically Santolan Station) Skytrain | Length: 5 km| ? Stations

Infracorp plans monorail project linking Eastwood City to MRT-3

Quote:
INFRACORP Development, Inc. looks to propose a monorail project connecting the Metro Rail Transit Line 3 (MRT-3) to Eastwood City, in a bid to ease traffic congestion and increase connectivity for commuters in the area.

The infrastructure arm of Alliance Global Group, Inc. (AGI) said it has identified three to four areas where it would like to build infrastructure solutions, with the Eastwood City to MRT-3’s Santolan Station being one of them. Eastwood City is an integrated township being developed by AGI’s property arm, Megaworld Corp.

AGI President and Chief Operating Officer Kingson U. Sian said the project will most likely replicate Infracorp’s proposal for the two-kilometer Skytrain, connecting MRT-3’s Guadalupe Station to Fort Bonifacio.

“The first model is important because it can serve as the model for the future Skytrain, including the equipment supplier, technologies, and so forth. Depende na lang sa haba (It will depend on the length),” Mr. Sian told reporters after AGI’s annual shareholders’ meeting in Eastwood City yesterday.

The group estimates the distance between Eastwood City and Santolan Station to be around five kilometers.

“We’re conducting preliminary discussions, and so far the local government units have been supportive,” Mr. Sian, adding that they are assessing the right of way components of the project.

"The best solution all over the world, time tested, safe, no pollution, is still the use of the train system." - Ms. Elvira Medina, Nat'l Center for Commuter Safety and Protection

walrus357, Romb, cool_78, roydex liked this post
queetz@home no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 19th, 2018, 03:03 AM   #2
edly
Planner

Likes (Received): 675

I thought it will be connected to Santolan Station of Line 2. Could be more interesting though if two Santolan stations will be connected through Eastwood so Cubao station can be bypassed and decongested.

ObserverMNL, tambay328 liked this post
edly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2018, 03:57 AM   #3
Valorian

Likes (Received): 42

sana naman matuloy

ang hirap kasi pumunta ng Eastwood from Marikina and parts of Rizal..kailangan mo pang dumaan ng Cubao at makipagbalyahan para makasakay ng jeep..

wait, saan idadaan yan from EW to Santolan EDSA? sa Boni Serrano, sa loob ng Camp Aguinaldo, sa White Plains?
Valorian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 19th, 2018, 03:58 AM   #4
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by edly View Post
I thought it will be connected to Santolan Station of Line 2. Could be more interesting though if two Santolan stations will be connected through Eastwood so Cubao station can be bypassed and decongested.
That is what I thought too and tbh, it's much easier on paper. Maybe they can do both later?

ROW? I dunno but I think both going to MRT3 Santolan via C-5 then Bonny Serrano Avenue and LRT2 Santolan via FVR Road would be monumental challenges. I can see Eastwood City from my condo and I cannot imagine how the bloody hell are they going to build that AGT to Santolan MRT3 with the steep hill going up there (although theoretically a cable powered AGT can handle the incline) and the narrow Bonny Serrano Avenue. Plus some of it will be beside Camp Aguinaldo so imagine an elevated AGT that can clearly see what goes on at the AFP HQ grounds. There has got to be some potential security risks there!

"The best solution all over the world, time tested, safe, no pollution, is still the use of the train system." - Ms. Elvira Medina, Nat'l Center for Commuter Safety and Protection
Old September 19th, 2018, 04:20 AM   #5
Pendooods

Likes (Received): 19

I found another article about this in the news today.

https://business.inquirer.net/257501...norail-project

(Sorry I don't know how to post with headlines only . Kindly correct/teach me on how to post articles here if I'm doing it wrong please )

Could they be referring to LRT-2 (more precisely MRT2)? Since Amang Rodrguez Avenue would direct you to Marcos Hi-way to Santolan Station.

Quote:
From Santolan MRT to Eastwood mall, the road distance is about 4.6 km via Eulogio Amang Rodriguez Avenue.
Pendooods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2018, 04:46 AM   #6
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

No, Eulogio Amang Rodriguez Avenue is C-5 which will also lead to Bonny Serrano Avenue.

Old September 19th, 2018, 04:58 AM   #7
jp1032

Likes (Received): 2837

Please make it happen para matapos na yung pang aabuso ng mga PUJ na biyaheng Cubao-Rosario kung makacharge sa eastoowd ay above minimum. Buti pa Megaworld marunong makisama hindi tulad nung isa dyan na pinagpilitan yung grand station sa harap nila.
jp1032 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2018, 06:33 AM   #8
Pendooods

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
No, Eulogio Amang Rodriguez Avenue is C-5 which will also lead to Bonny Serrano Avenue.

No, C5 = Eulogio Rodriguez Jr. Ave

there is a road across the marikina river that is Amang rodriguez.

Old September 19th, 2018, 06:54 AM   #9
Pendooods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendooods View Post
No, C5 = Eulogio Rodriguez Jr. Ave

there is a road across the marikina river that is Amang rodriguez.

Sorry I could not edit my previous response. Maybe the writers are confused as well since, Amang Rodriguez is a little further back.
Old September 19th, 2018, 02:29 PM   #10
davidwebb

Likes (Received): 81

If the route is MRT-3 Santolan station (via Santolan Road) to (C5 side) Eastwood City, they can add a station at the corner of Santolan Road and C-5, that will be the location of the Katipunan Subway station of the Metro Manila Subway Phase 1.

MRT-3 Santolan station (via Santolan Road) to (C5 side) Eastwood City is only 3.6km using Wikimapia tool.

MRT-3 Santolan station (via Santolan Road) to (via FVR road, Marcos Hiway) LRT-2 Santolan station is 4.3km.

Last edited by davidwebb; September 19th, 2018 at 02:38 PM.
davidwebb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2018, 02:50 PM   #11
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Well, I guess we're just going to have to wait until Infracorp releases more details. But given that Businessworld is less prone to fake news unlike the Dilawan news agency that is Philippine Daily Inquirer, we should use their information for now. I can always edit the thread later...

Pendooods liked this post
Old September 20th, 2018, 08:31 AM   #12
RonnieR

Likes (Received): 3676

Wow, Eastwood will finally be connected ....! great.
Old September 20th, 2018, 09:47 AM   #13
ronki

Likes (Received): 328

Ok parin ba sa Eastwood? Madami dami narin kasi umaalis na opisina diyan.

Sana paabutin ng Ortigas/C-5 yung link para maging beneficial sa mas nakararami.
ronki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2018, 10:14 AM   #14
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 10260

This is badly needed. Sobrang hirap ang mandirigma mode pa-Eastwood.

PRRD, #SONA2019

metrosuburban, roydex liked this post
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2018, 10:34 AM   #15
jp1032

Likes (Received): 2837

Kaya umalis ako dyan sa Eastwood dati, hirap ng commute pag papasok at pauwi tapos above minimum rate pa yung bayad sa jeep

metrosuburban liked this post
jp1032 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2018, 09:14 AM   #16
DenNix
BANNED

Likes (Received): 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwebb View Post
If the route is MRT-3 Santolan station (via Santolan Road) to (C5 side) Eastwood City, they can add a station at the corner of Santolan Road and C-5, that will be the location of the Katipunan Subway station of the Metro Manila Subway Phase 1.

MRT-3 Santolan station (via Santolan Road) to (C5 side) Eastwood City is only 3.6km using Wikimapia tool.

MRT-3 Santolan station (via Santolan Road) to (via FVR road, Marcos Hiway) LRT-2 Santolan station is 4.3km.
I support this idea as we have the same concept in mind.

I like to add a stretch of rail going south to Ortigas/C5 crossing or ending at Tiendesitas. We can have another a terminal station there that can possibly connect on the planned LRT4 running from east to west. Mas effective ang mass transport system if they are well connected. That line btw is congesting with a lot of commuters so there really a good reason to put up a mass trans system there. Good stuff!
DenNix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2018, 05:22 AM   #17
Planning Democracy

Likes (Received): 199

Why not connect it to LRT 2 instead? Going along Marikina River then to the back of Eastwood. This project is basically self serving, but any infra is welcome.
Planning Democracy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2018, 05:35 AM   #18
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

My guess is because it will end up crossing more than one city, namely Marikina. The one heading to Santolan MRT3 Station is within Quezon City so less red tape when dealing with just one city.

Old October 28th, 2018, 05:37 AM   #19
Sky_Higher
Soonsoo

Likes (Received): 1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planning Democracy View Post
Why not connect it to LRT 2 instead? Going along Marikina River then to the back of Eastwood. This project is basically self serving, but any infra is welcome.
Another line going to MRT-2 Santolan? Pwede for those living in the Upper East (Marikina, Antipolo, San Mateo, Cainta). Pero honestly, connecting it to MRT-3 Santolan is also good na rin para may alternative yung mga empleyado na sumasakay sa Cubao going to Eastwood.
Sky_Higher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2018, 05:53 AM   #20
Planning Democracy

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
My guess is because it will end up crossing more than one city, namely Marikina. The one heading to Santolan MRT3 Station is within Quezon City so less red tape when dealing with just one city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Higher View Post
Another line going to MRT-2 Santolan? Pwede for those living in the Upper East (Marikina, Antipolo, San Mateo, Cainta). Pero honestly, connecting it to MRT-3 Santolan is also good na rin para may alternative yung mga empleyado na sumasakay sa Cubao going to Eastwood.
If you're coming from Cubao, then take the LRT2 to Santolan and then take the Monorail to Eastwood.

It might be more practical in my opinion since construction will be along the Marikina river and not further disrupt traffic.

And why not go all the way to the Ayala-Eton project, Arcovia City, a station near the LRT 4 in Pasig, and then a spur line going the BGC and the proposed Makati subway. The other spur line will go all the way to Taytay via the Mangahan floodway.

Getting another boner thinking about this.
Planning Democracy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement