KWASA DAMANSARA CITY CENTRE | SELANGOR (Sg.Buloh) | U/C - Page 6 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Countdown to 2020

Countdown to 2020 new projects, proposals, under-construction updates and news of developments & construction projects.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 14th, 2017, 05:54 AM   #101
byong_sun

Likes (Received): 1194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourgandy View Post
Where does the origin name of "damansara" came from? Any historical story about it?
im not sure if this legit or not,but it is one of the explanation u can find on the internet

10. Damansara

Nama Damansara diambil dari kisah suami isteri yang bernama Deraman dan Sara yang berhijarah ke kawasan itu untuk membaiki taraf hidup mereka. Tidak dalam selepas membuat penempatan disitu, Sara jatuh sakit lalu meninggal, Deraman kemudiannya telah mengebumikan isterinya di kawasan tersebut.

http://harithsidek.blogspot.my/2012/...-beberapa.html

check out the origin of Bukit Cerakah
byong_sun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2017, 06:13 AM   #102
absolution98

Likes (Received): 214

Quote:
Where does the origin name of "damansara" came from? Any historical story about it?
My teacher once told me the area used to be a rubber plantation so its covered by trees everywhere.The married couple who own the land is named Daman &Sara.Not sure how true the story is tho
absolution98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2017, 01:47 PM   #103
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 2078

If not mistaken, damansara means ports. It is where during yap ah loy days where the river dry up during some months that loading and unloading is done further downstream at a place called damansara. Then a road is built afterwards everything else along the road becomes damansara.

Not sure if damansara words is related to the dharmasaraya kingdoms also known as malay kingdom which is the predecessors to malacca.

Interestingly, dharmasaraya had a region called kerinchi while it capital malayapura (bandar Malaya) which can be found in KL.

Bourgandy, byong_sun liked this post
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2017, 02:49 PM   #104
Bourgandy
Bourgandy

Likes (Received): 684

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeng_jal View Post
If not mistaken, damansara means ports. It is where during yap ah loy days where the river dry up during some months that loading and unloading is done further downstream at a place called damansara. Then a road is built afterwards everything else along the road becomes damansara.

Not sure if damansara words is related to the dharmasaraya kingdoms also known as malay kingdom which is the predecessors to malacca.

Interestingly, dharmasaraya had a region called kerinchi while it capital malayapura (bandar Malaya) which can be found in KL.

Interesting, sounds credible, if u have the references or something that would be much help.
Bourgandy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2017, 03:10 PM   #105
byong_sun

Likes (Received): 1194

Quote:

make more sense
byong_sun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2017, 06:46 PM   #106
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 2078

Quote:
Interesting, sounds credible, if u have the references or something that would be much help.
I just rephrased it from atmapgnew or is it abang dengilo post though.
Wonder if this forums has a summons function.

But I do find this though
https://books.google.com.my/books?id...20road&f=false

There use to be a harbors like settlements at the mouth of damansara river
The road to Damansara Village was simply called Damansara Road. In 1873, its earliest form was built through the jungle to improve land between the two settlements throughout a high ground that now is called bukit damansara.

Damansara got it named from labuhan Sara (where Sara means departure as in bersara) or maybe it's Hindustani origin where daman means hills and Sara means mansion of wealth in Hindustani or even water in Sanskrit

Personally, just like krinchi probably people from dharmasaraya settled there and name it similar to the place they were from.

byong_sun, dengilo liked this post
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2017, 10:51 AM   #107
urbanseven

Likes (Received): 3

None of the developers that have been awarded so far have good track record of developing great products. It is a shame if a generic township is created. I would love to see another DPC created at this side of the town. Niche developers such as E&O, YTL, BRDB, SDB would've come up with better concepts .

QalzimCity liked this post
urbanseven no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2017, 11:32 AM   #108
Kadzman

Likes (Received): 717

Quote:
I just rephrased it from atmapgnew or is it abang dengilo post though.
Wonder if this forums has a summons function.

But I do find this though
https://books.google.com.my/books?id...20road&f=false

There use to be a harbors like settlements at the mouth of damansara river
The road to Damansara Village was simply called Damansara Road. In 1873, its earliest form was built through the jungle to improve land between the two settlements throughout a high ground that now is called bukit damansara.

Damansara got it named from labuhan Sara (where Sara means departure as in bersara) or maybe it's Hindustani origin where daman means hills and Sara means mansion of wealth in Hindustani or even water in Sanskrit

Personally, just like krinchi probably people from dharmasaraya settled there and name it similar to the place they were from.
Maybe this might help:
http://says.com/my/fun/did-you-know-...elling-mistake
Kadzman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2017, 01:09 AM   #109
nazrey

Likes (Received): 14414

TSR Capital Bhd has been appointed by Kwasa Land Sdn Bhd as development partner to develop a residential development on 6.52 acres of land in Kwasa Damansara Township with a gross development value of RM295 million.
https://www.nst.com.my/business/2017...opment-project
Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2018, 04:26 PM   #110
nazrey

Kwasa Utama (EPF HQ will be here)

http://kwasaland.com.my/index.php/ou...t/kwasa-utama/

shafiilham liked this post
Old May 26th, 2019, 06:12 PM   #111
nazrey

From Google Maps

From Google Maps
Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!

AramsA liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement