LUBUMBASHI | Luano City | U / C. - Page 5 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > Southern Africa > République Démocratique du Congo > Projects and Construction

Projects and Construction Developments in the DRC

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 25th, 2011, 11:54 PM   #81
ILOVERDC13
Forever RDC

Likes (Received): 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBA-Congo View Post
They started compacting the dirt road at the entry gates. But after the Katanga tigers created chaos at the airport things have slowed a bit.
thanx a lot for the update don't forget for the pictures
ILOVERDC13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2011, 02:41 PM   #82
ILOVERDC13
Forever RDC

I spoke with a chief director of key projects. He told me that the work has started, it took long because of legal papers that needed to be sign and they were looking for funds. The main focus right now is the the shopping center and the offices that will strongly start in two months. The shopping center will be based on Shoprite and Pan as first and eventually the mall will grow bigger with shops. I will keep in contacts with him.
Old May 28th, 2011, 02:46 PM   #83
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Likes (Received): 5958

Good news brothers. Thanks
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2011, 02:47 PM   #84
musiccity

Likes (Received): 17410

Thanks I<3RDC!

Butembo, you should make this thread sticky

Come see the city with more building projects than 95% of US cities
musiccity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 02:58 PM   #85
ILOVERDC13
Forever RDC

There is hope in this project guys. I'm so happy that i spoke to him. I went to his office because i was really tired of going on their website and seing blank news. He said to me that there is a waking up in Lubumbashi, people want to develope the city, he also told me that we need a good fiscal system. There are so many mines in Katanga and if they could pay the taxes properly DRC will really move forward. I asked him what do we need to do if we wanna modernise the city, he told start from stretch, destroy those colonial building and build new infrastructures. WELL LET WAIT AND SEE.
Old May 28th, 2011, 03:26 PM   #86
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVERDC13 View Post
There is hope in this project guys. I'm so happy that i spoke to him. I went to his office because i was really tired of going on their website and seing blank news. He said to me that there is a waking up in Lubumbashi, people want to develope the city, he also told me that we need a good fiscal system. There are so many mines in Katanga and if they could pay the taxes properly DRC will really move forward. I asked him what do we need to do if we wanna modernise the city, he told start from stretch, destroy those colonial building and build new infrastructures. WELL LET WAIT AND SEE.
Thanks for the news bro.

He is right. Those mining companies should be put in check. But since they are rubbish heads, well... we all know.

Anyways. He is right again. Get rid of those rotten colonial buildings and build modern buildings.

This guy said what i have been saying and thinking for longtime
Old May 28th, 2011, 04:12 PM   #87
musiccity

Quote:
You live in Joburg correct? Isnt the head offices of the company building Luano City located there?

Old May 28th, 2011, 07:01 PM   #88
ILOVERDC13
Forever RDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTEMBO21 View Post
Thanks for the news bro.

He is right. Those mining companies should be put in check. But since they are rubbish heads, well... we all know.

Anyways. He is right again. Get rid of those rotten colonial buildings and build modern buildings.

This guy said what i have been saying and thinking for longtime
I remember, we had a discussion about getting rid of those rotten buildings. I think, it will be a general thing because even the way some of the roads are being built, i am not a fan of it.

The mining companies are ripping us off. It's nt only the mining companies if all the Congolese people could pay VAT @ least 10% to start with, so many things could change.

One thing I can say there is hope in my country
Old May 28th, 2011, 07:05 PM   #89
ILOVERDC13
Forever RDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiccity View Post
You live in Joburg correct? Isnt the head offices of the company building Luano City located there?
I do live in Joburg but the office is out of Joburg and I dont have a permanent car, you know how students roll. So today i just decided to go there no matter the cost. The director was arrogant not in a bad way, I think he needs comeptition.
Old May 28th, 2011, 08:04 PM   #90
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Quote:
I remember, we had a discussion about getting rid of those rotten buildings. I think, it will be a general thing because even the way some of the roads are being built, i am not a fan of it.
True. Very true.

Quote:
The mining companies are ripping us off.
The fruits of having a stone age leaders.
Quote:
It's nt only the mining companies if all the Congolese people could pay VAT @ least 10% to start with, so many things could change.
One thing I can say there is hope in my country
Congolese don't pay taxes. but complain more.

Last edited by BUTEMBO21; May 28th, 2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old June 13th, 2011, 11:31 AM   #91
Luano City agent

Likes (Received): 0

Luano City

Hello everybody, thanks for your interest on the Luano City project. It is a good project for Lubumbashi area. I'm Luano City agent and will keep you inform about the upcoming phases of construction on the project. In fact, we started with the phase one, the gate house fondation and the fondation of the first three office blocks. We will start soon (in the two months coming) with the shooping center. Please if you need more informations regarding the designs and layouts of the of the project send me email and i will contact you as soon as possible. Regards
Luano City agent no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 11:54 AM   #92
l'ecclesiaste

Likes (Received): 223

welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luano City agent View Post
Hello everybody, thanks for your interest on the Luano City project. It is a good project for Lubumbashi area. I'm Luano City agent and will keep you inform about the upcoming phases of construction on the project. In fact, we started with the phase one, the gate house fondation and the fondation of the first three office blocks. We will start soon (in the two months coming) with the shooping center. Please if you need more informations regarding the designs and layouts of the of the project send me email and i will contact you as soon as possible. Regards
Thank you for keeping in touch with the forumers.All yours updates are welcome.
l'ecclesiaste no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 11:09 PM   #93
ILOVERDC13
Forever RDC

Quote:
Welcome, I can tell Ian had something to do with this. The upgrade of the website is also much needed.
Old July 1st, 2011, 04:42 PM   #94
Q.S. Interest

Construction Rates in Lubumbashi

Dear Forum Members,

WOnder if someone will be able to assist me.

I am looking for current construction rates in Lubumbashi, to enable me to price a document, as I have no contacts in the relevant city, I have decided to logon here and ask for assistance.

Please could you either private me should you be able to assist or could you recommend a Quantity Surveyor or contractor that can help.

I look forward to your replies.

Thanks
Q.S. Interest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2011, 10:50 AM   #95
Luano City agent

Hello Everybody,

Please find pictures, vidéos, and comments, of the upcoming constructions and news on the Luano City project, at the Luano City Facebook page :

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Luano-...=wall&filter=2

@ Q.S interest, for the construction rate it's depend of the contractor. I recommend you Kiboko Construction or Edile Construction (http://www.worldafricabusiness.com/page.php?code=864)

Regards
Luano City agent no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #96
Lubum09

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Hello Everybody,

Please find pictures, vidéos, and comments, of the upcoming constructions and news on the Luano City project, at the Luano City Facebook page :

@ Q.S interest, for the construction rate it's depend of the contractor. I recommend you Kiboko Construction or Edile Construction (http://www.worldafricabusiness.com/page.php?code=864)

Regards
Thanks for this great update. It's good to see the works going on! When are you going to start the contstruction of the shopping mall? ANd when will the shopping mall be done? I'am glad to see the first construction being done! Do you already have some information about the stores that will be present in the mall?? I'll be in Lubum in december, I hope I'll be able to see some progress

Keep us us updated, Aksanti sana!

Last edited by Lubum09; July 18th, 2011 at 02:15 PM.
Lubum09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2011, 02:37 PM   #97
musiccity

Quote:
Hello Everybody,

Regards
Thanks for the update and link!

Here are some of the pictures from the Luano City facebook page

Gate House

Nursery

Office block

Old July 18th, 2011, 03:28 PM   #98
ILOVERDC13
Forever RDC

Quote:
Hello Everybody,

Regards
Thanks for the update. We can't really tell the progression of the site but yet again thank you for the update. I have the same questions as Lubum09 and can you please let know your people from Craddle City in Lanseria that the number is not being answered when I call.

Keep doing your jobs, thanx
Old July 18th, 2011, 03:30 PM   #99
ILOVERDC13
Forever RDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubum09 View Post
Thanks for this great update. It's good to see the works going on! When are you going to start the contstruction of the shopping mall? ANd when will the shopping mall be done? I'am glad to see the first construction being done! Do you already have some information about the stores that will be present in the mall?? I'll be in Lubum in december, I hope I'll be able to see some progress

Keep us us updated, Aksanti sana!
I also hope, I can be able to visit the site when I'm there
Old July 20th, 2011, 08:02 PM   #100
Boyshow

Likes (Received): 430756

bon travaille, et continue...que Dieu benisse Afrique
Boyshow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement