PENANG CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS | General Thread - Page 7 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Countdown to 2020

Countdown to 2020 new projects, proposals, under-construction updates and news of developments & construction projects.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 1st, 2004, 06:02 PM   #121
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1913

Quote:
Originally Posted by weilene
Of course i know that no one is complaining and 4 doesn't mean dieand it sound like 4 in chinese right. So you dont need to tell me, i understand, save your energy for typing.

Instead of you asking me to stop typing why did you tell us bout this in the first place? Isn't it redundant for you to type it as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weilene
4444444444 means die die die die die die die die die die you know, why are you putting something so bad here.
You obviously know it is not bad but you just wanna stir up something or that you just want attention by having the thread starter to apologised to you. You doesn't sound like you are kidding here ....kinda intimidating and had led TYW to apologised to you which I find unesccessary. So please stop your childish behaviour here so that others could enjoy the forums.
Advertisement

Old September 1st, 2004, 06:25 PM   #122
lumpia
| sariwa |

Likes (Received): 2

meh!

4 444 444 44=Si si si si si si si si si!

aaaaaa!

well in filipino its:

apat na libong libo't apat na angaw libo't apat na angaw't apat na libo't apat na raan at apat na pu't apat.. i think

MUCH WORSE than Si si si si si (altho i am aware of the word similarity with "Si". Well, at least you are telling someone "Si" when its in Chinese.. but by pronouncing that 444444444 in Tagalog, you will have created the means for you to "Si" LOL )
Old September 1st, 2004, 09:40 PM   #123
yellow

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpia
meh!

4 444 444 44=Si si si si si si si si si!

aaaaaa!

well in filipino its:

apat na libong libo't apat na angaw libo't apat na angaw't apat na libo't apat na raan at apat na pu't apat.. i think

MUCH WORSE than Si si si si si (altho i am aware of the word similarity with "Si". Well, at least you are telling someone "Si" when its in Chinese.. but by pronouncing that 444444444 in Tagalog, you will have created the means for you to "Si" LOL )
Ohh, unbeliavable, can you tell me whats the meaning of apat na libong libo't apat na angaw libo't apat na angaw't apat na libo't apat na raan at apat na pu't apat

Last edited by yellow; September 1st, 2004 at 09:53 PM.
yellow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 1st, 2004, 09:50 PM   #124
yellow

Likes (Received): 0

Pretty interesting post about 4444444444.

I always think that 4 is a bad sign in hong kong and china. Now i know this also happen to malaysia and philipines.
As in cantonese, its 4444444444 = sei sei sei sei sei sei sei sei sei sei, really bad huh if you said this in hong kong, never try in hong kong.
Perhaps, the 4444444444 will really give a wrong message to people at first sight.
yellow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2004, 08:47 AM   #125
nazrey

Likes (Received): 14475

BCI Asia opens Penang office (19 July 2004)
http://www.bciasia.com/news/news_vie...TOKEN=51625247

Abstract: Six years after opening its office in Kuala Lumpur, BCI Asia has opened an office in Penang to cover the northern region of Malaysia.

BCI Asia, the construction information provider, opened a new office today in Penang as part of its planned expansion into six new offices within a year.

The Penang office will contain research, sales and customer-service staff to cover the northern states of Penang, Perak, Perlis and Kedah. Penang city, with a population of four million, is the business hub for the northern region.

BCI Asia's Chief Executive Officer, Matthias Krups, (shown second from right) said today: "This is a new, important milestone for the development of our business in Malaysia. Our office in Penang will give us closer proximity to the construction market and allow us to provide even more timely and comprehensive reporting coverage."

Spearheaded by major infrastructure development, the northern states are set for high economic growth. The first two expressways in Penang - the Jelutong Expressway and Butterworth Outer Ring Road - are taking shape while the RM1.02 billion (US$268 million) Penant Outer Ring Road and the RM1.11 billion monorail system are under design.

Perak continues to see steady economic growth rates of about 5% a year. The state's manufacturing and construction sectors are expected to grow by 55% between 2000 and 2005. Meanwhile, Kedah has transformed its agriculture-based economy into an industrial economy since adopting aggressive development policies in 1991. The thrust of development is continuing under the ambitious-yet-realistic Kedah Maju Action Plan. The upgrade of the Kedah-Perlis Highway will increase traffic flows to the northern state of Perlis and support its major construction projects such as the RM60 million Kimble furniture plant and four RM30 million hotels being developed by Perlis SEDC.

BCI Asia's Malaysia Country Manager, Kelvin Yong, (shown right) said: "We chose Penang because of the huge potential in the northern region of Peninsular Malaysia. We will play our part in contributing towards growth in this region by meeting the needs of local contractors and suppliers.

"BCI Asia's local team is excited to be able to provide more direct consultation and training for our subscribers. Our researchers now have more opportunity to sit down with local architects, developers and planning authorities, which is great for the depth and breadth of our research coverage," said Mr Yong.

The northern region's ports act as an important gateway to Southeast Asia for ships traversing the Indian Ocean and the region is favoured by both domestic and foreign investors. Japan Consul-General to Penang, Takahito Narumiya told the media last week that the region's infrastructure was excellent and hi-tech networks were already in place. At least 1,400 Japanese lived in Penang and 230 Japanese companies had operations in the northern region.
Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!
nazrey está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2004, 12:11 PM   #126
Magician
Hellexpress

Likes (Received): 131

This is so good... so many good news to Penang development....
Old September 16th, 2004, 01:30 PM   #127
SEED

Likes (Received): 6

thats wat im talkin bout boi~ this is wat penang need!!!!
SEED no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2004, 01:33 PM   #128
SEED

men this is sooo cooll yo~ always like ivory design~

Old September 17th, 2004, 02:40 PM   #129
TYW
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter

Likes (Received): 29

err.....since when did it became 3 (oval) buildings??

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
TYW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2004, 02:44 PM   #130
TYW

PROPOSED/PLANNING/LAUNCHING SOON
19. Pan Palace Plaza

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
Old October 1st, 2004, 02:52 PM   #131
Pablo
Jian Fa

Likes (Received): 3

It looks a bit weird by adding 1 more building
Old October 1st, 2004, 04:46 PM   #132
TYW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo
It looks a bit weird by adding 1 more building
which one are you refering to??

Old October 4th, 2004, 07:30 PM   #133
SEED

men... u chinese believe too much men..
Old October 4th, 2004, 07:36 PM   #134
Isan
อีสาน 東北府

Likes (Received): 4

DIE ....DIE.....DIE......DIE........DIE

BEAUTIFUL SIAM
Isan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2004, 07:42 PM   #135
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Likes (Received): 10

oh comeon...the taiwanese boyband F4 are still around...aren't they?
baqthier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2004, 07:59 PM   #136
SEED

as i just said.... they believe too much boi... :uhno: superstitious....
Old October 4th, 2004, 08:01 PM   #137
SEED

they think numbers can kill.... (another good idea for Japz horror movie) wat u think Baq boi???
Old October 4th, 2004, 08:10 PM   #138
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1913

Well.......I dun see why one need to be that suspicious.

I used to lived in Room 4.....in apartment 4B on the 4th floor and yet I lived a happy life that year.

There is a wealthy businessman living near my place with a number plate bearing 4444 on a 7-series Bimmer for years

.........and a prominent 'Tan Sri' here loves the number '4' although he an ethnic-Chinese.

My fren's uncle bought a single digit number '4' license plate for his merc and it cost RM80,000 ......oh and he's also an ethnic-Chinese
Old October 4th, 2004, 08:13 PM   #139
Isan
อีสาน 東北府

Likes (Received): 4

Just like in western world "13" is bad luck

"4" although is touch-wood in common to chinese community
double or numberless are worsen to single indeed
also "14", "40" and "44" are is the must

F4, Heheeeee~~~~~~~
That why they put F in front to 4
And they maily come from overseas Chinese

MORE interesting article here for fun

Chinese Luck

BEAUTIFUL SIAM

Last edited by Isan; October 4th, 2004 at 08:19 PM.
Isan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2004, 03:52 PM   #140
SEED

ma dad iz a Kuai lo~ he dont mine number 13~ so do ma whole family~ they r all Kuai lo too~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement