KINSHASA | Gare Centrale Building | On Hold - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > Southern Africa > République Démocratique du Congo > Projects and Construction

Projects and Construction Developments in the DRC

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 7th, 2010, 01:07 PM   #61
screenshotartist
Engineer

Likes (Received): 20

Is this Project dead?

Judging from the latest images from 50th birthday this tower has not grown not even a single level or storey from where it was at back in april.

What wrong now?? I was a bit optimistic in the first place because this project is a private investment.

I remember from a video I watched a while ago about this project, it was said that the building would rise on level per week. Now 3 months later

Last edited by screenshotartist; July 7th, 2010 at 02:05 PM.
screenshotartist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 7th, 2010, 01:42 PM   #62
Lubum09

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by screenshotartist View Post
I remember from a video I watched a while ago about this project, it was said that the building would rise on level per week. Now 3 months later
I also remember this video , but I think this was a speach of bongeli, and I don't believe everything what this guy says. But even if this building doesn't rise as fast as expected I think they can't go back. We know a lot about dead projects and false promises in Congo but this isn't a public investment this is a private inestment and rakeen seems to be a very serious company!!!
Lubum09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2010, 07:14 PM   #63
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Likes (Received): 5958

Really , whats going on with that? they can't find people to buy the condos? if this stops, means Office de Routes tower as well,
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 10th, 2010, 05:13 AM   #64
Pius
The Urban Man

Likes (Received): 2708

Quote:
Originally Posted by screenshotartist View Post
Is this Project dead?

Judging from the latest images from 50th birthday this tower has not grown not even a single level or storey from where it was at back in april.

What wrong now?? I was a bit optimistic in the first place because this project is a private investment.

The project is very much alive. It is true that the construction work at Gare centrale slowed down considerably in the last six months. But now, work has resumed and it is reaching its cruising speed, so to speak. From the recent videos one can see the newly installed construction cranes at the site. Futhermore, Rakeen Congo has recently acquired new construction machines – one 48m truck pump, one 180-type batching plant and two 80-type trailer pumps – from Sany Congo, a Kinshasa-based Chinese company, in order to speed up the work.
Pius no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2010, 03:01 PM   #65
kaps76

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pius View Post
The project is very much alive. It is true that the construction work at Gare centrale slowed down considerably in the last six months. But now, work has resumed and it is reaching its cruising speed, so to speak. From the recent videos one can see the newly installed construction cranes at the site. Futhermore, Rakeen Congo has recently acquired new construction machines – one 48m truck pump, one 180-type batching plant and two 80-type trailer pumps – from Sany Congo, a Kinshasa-based Chinese company, in order to speed up the work.
Here are some of the latest pics I took here. This was a Sunday. I saw people working during weekdays this week.

[IMG]http://i29.************/1825mp.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i30.************/2a9xgnn.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i30.************/16krvco.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i27.************/29go7pu.jpg[/IMG]
kaps76 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 02:17 PM   #66
kaps76

More pictures of Gare Centrale that I brought back from my vacation. Work is on-going but maybe a little bit slower than anticipated.

[IMG]http://i25.************/68tv8k.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i25.************/aekzz8.jpg[/IMG]

The yellow buses are said to belong to Congo Futur but I couldnt confirmed that. Essentially carrying people to Masina/Kingasani but they are charging about 2.5 times the regular rate.

[IMG]http://i29.************/9kyzo1.jpg[/IMG]
Old July 27th, 2010, 03:00 PM   #67
Pius
The Urban Man

Good job Kaps76. Now, we have a precise idea as to the pace of the work. But I wonder if Rakeen will be able to meet the 2011 deadline for both Gare Centrale and Office des Routes. A propos of Office des Routes, how is the work advancing there?

Last edited by Pius; July 27th, 2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old July 27th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #68
Mulopwe

Likes (Received): 231

Quote:
Good job Kaps76. Now, we have as precise idea as to the pace of the work. But I wonder if Rakeen will be able to meet the 2011 deadline for both Gare Centrale and Office des Routes. A propos of Office des Routes, how is the work advancing there?
It will be impossible to meet the deadline. I was there this morning;Not impress at all with work pace.

Will be back home in couple days.

Mulopwe
Mulopwe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 03:39 PM   #69
Pius
The Urban Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulopwe View Post
It will be impossible to meet the deadline. I was there this morning;Not impress at all with work pace.

Will be back home in couple days.

Mulopwe
It will be a pity because Kinshasa will host the Francophonie summit in 1012 and it will need all available 5 star hotels and the convention centre u/c at Office des routes.
Old August 5th, 2010, 06:59 AM   #70
Danielle01
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

It is of utmost importance for construction workers and managers to keep their construction sites as safe as possible in order to prevent any accidents and injuries. Conducting a OSHA construction safety within the site will act as a precautionary measures in order to ensure the safety and protection of all employees.
Danielle01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2010, 11:50 AM   #71
Jerome05
BANNED

Those pictures are very stunning, by visiting your forum I collected lot many information. Construction management is one of the most demanding of all types of business management these days. The best construction depends upon the great responsibilities of the team work.
Jerome05 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2010, 02:15 PM   #72
kaps76

Quote:
It will be a pity because Kinshasa will host the Francophonie summit in 1012 and it will need all available 5 star hotels and the convention centre u/c at Office des routes.
I think they will have to be ready for 2012. I dont see how you can do otherwise, Let's see how it goes, but definitely, it appears work is slowly progressing.
Old August 5th, 2010, 04:32 PM   #73
Pius
The Urban Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaps76 View Post
I think they will have to be ready for 2012. I dont see how you can do otherwise, Let's see how it goes, but definitely, it appears work is slowly progressing.
Let us hope 2012 will be the delivery year. As a real estate developer, Rakeen enjoys a solid reputation worldwide and its projects in Kinshasa are too important to be neglected. As long as there is no official announcement to the contrary, they intend to meet the stated delivery deadline.
Did you see Modern Construction’s building sites? How are they progressing on their projects (“Titanic” building, "Plaza" Hotel, etc.)?
Old August 6th, 2010, 05:10 PM   #74
Mulopwe

Quote:
Let us hope 2012 will be the delivery year. As a real estate developer, Rakeen enjoys a solid reputation worldwide and its projects in Kinshasa are too important to be neglected. As long as there is no official announcement to the contrary, they intend to meet the stated delivery deadline.
Did you see Modern Construction’s building sites? How are they progressing on their projects (“Titanic” building, "Plaza" Hotel, etc.)?
Puis,

Titanic is U/C. They are slowly making progress. I pass by once, unfortunately I did not get chance to go back and take picture.

Mulopwe
Old August 6th, 2010, 05:26 PM   #75
Pius
The Urban Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulopwe View Post
Puis,

Titanic is U/C. They are slowly making progress. I pass by once, unfortunately I did not get chance to go back and take picture.

Mulopwe
This is a good news because back in April they hadn't even started, which made me doubt of the seriousness of the project.
Old August 13th, 2010, 03:23 PM   #76
peniela

i heard that works had stopped due to mismanagement of funds at least works has resumed
peniela no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2010, 07:35 PM   #77
kaps76

Hi Mulopwe

Can you tell me where this building is located? Trying to see if I haven't see it while there.

Thanks
Old August 13th, 2010, 10:07 PM   #78
Mulopwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaps76 View Post
Hi Mulopwe

Can you tell me where this building is located? Trying to see if I haven't see it while there.

Thanks
Avenue de flenbeaux or flenboyant cannot remenber exact road name but it is U/C twin tower (escuse my french spelling) on the same street coming from ISTA to downtown/ Gombe pass beaux marche.......not far from one the beer company werahouse either Bralima or Unibra .... part of the road is being repaired. I pass by but didn't get chance to take picture.

Mulopwe

Last edited by Mulopwe; August 13th, 2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old August 14th, 2010, 08:51 PM   #79
Pius
The Urban Man

@ Mulopwe

While in Kinshasa, did you get any further information on the developer of the twin towers you saw at avenue du Flambeau? I am asking because I have just read that the Titanic site is located at 73, avenue Wagenia, next to the Portfolio Ministry in the vicinity of Beach Ngobila. But last December, a couple of days after the groundbreaking ceremony took place, I drove pass the Portfolio Ministry and I did not see any construction site nearby…Strange.
Are these the buildings you saw?

Old August 15th, 2010, 01:40 AM   #80
Mulopwe

Quote:
@ Mulopwe

While in Kinshasa, did you get any further information on the developer of the twin towers you saw at avenue du Flambeau? I am asking because I have just read that the Titanic site is located at 73, avenue Wagenia, next to the Portfolio Ministry in the vicinity of Beach Ngobila. But last December, a couple of days after the groundbreaking ceremony took place, I drove pass the Portfolio Ministry and I did not see any construction site nearby…Strange.
Are these the buildings you saw?

Not those. The Titanic are not close to the beach at all. I drove by .... just did not get chance to take a picture. Sorry.

Thanks

Mulopwe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement