SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Stadia Designers Cup ★★★★ SR Brașov

45K views 176 replies 17 participants last post by  maxi1921 
#1 · (Edited)

^^
Huh... Of course I had to left everything for the last moment, so keep inform me when you find any failures in regulations, website, etc. Thanks!​

Anyway...

Hello everyone in this beautiful, post-World Cup evening! Blah, blah... I`m pretty sure you`re interested in details of competition task, right? ;) Usualy I was posting a whole or almost whole regulations here, but this time I`ll share just the most important part, ok? Full regulations and direct link to the land plot model you`ll find HERE... And now - the frosting on the cake! Competition task!

3. Subject of the Competition

The essential of the Competition is to design a concept of a hypothetical new stadium in the City of Brasov which is going to be a successor of historical Silviu Ploeșteanu Stadium - current homeground of the official Competition partner, namely SR Brașov.

The proposal concept must meet the major conditions of 3rd category of UEFA Stadium Infrastructure Regulations.

The proposal concept must meet Organizers and the host of hypothetical new stadium (SR Brașov) expectations, which are as follows:
  • to refer to the history and heritage of host-club SR Brașov, City of Brasov and historical region of Transylvania;
  • to fit in the area on the site plot designated by Organizers;
  • to have a capacity between 18 000-20 000 seats;
  • to keep all functions of so called “main stand” on the north, in the stand along the Strada Stadionului;
  • to keep orientation of the playing field along west-east axis;
  • to revamp old or build a brand new facility (resembling a mountain cabin) in the west corner of the site which would accommodate a club store, restaurant/pub, mini-hotel and ticket sales point (no floor plans required);
  • to keep an unobstructed view on Tâmpa mountain and Carpathians landscape from main stand.

The proposal concept must also meet the Supporters of SR Brașov expectations, which are as follows:
  • to keep stands behind the goals as close to the playing field as possible;
  • to make the stadium patron’s name “Silviu Ploeşteanu” be visible on the stadium’s facade (potential commercial name must involve patron’s name);
  • to focus around the theme of mountainous landscape and lifestyle;
  • to preserve the “Rezistenta din Munti” mural from south-west corner of current stadium and implement it into new one, preferably in the same corner;
  • to give it a “Galben-negrii” (yellow-black) feeling as a whole.

Competition branding and Competition partners logos must be well exposed in the proposal concept interior, e.g. on LED adboards around the playing field.
---
Update no. 1

Before
[...]
  • to keep playing field in unchanged position
After
[...]
  • to keep orientation of the playing field along west-east axis
Update no. 2

Before
The agenda of the Competition is as follows:

• [...]
  • deadline date: 30 IX 2018, 23:59.59 CET;
  • competition entries verification and potential corrections: 1 X 2018;
  • public and jury vote: 2 X 2018, 18:00 CET - 14 X 2018, 23:59.59 CET;
  • final results announcement: 11 XI 2018, 20:00 CET.
After

• [...]
  • deadline date: 28 X 2018, 23:59.59 CET;
  • competition entries verification and potential corrections: 29 X 2018;
  • public and jury vote: 30 X 2018, 18:00 CET - 9 XI 2018, 23:59.59 CET;
Update no. 3

Before

• [...]
  • deadline date: 28 X 2018, 23:59.59 CET;
  • competition entries verification and potential corrections: 29 X 2018;
  • public and jury vote: 30 X 2018, 18:00 CET - 9 XI 2018, 23:59.59 CET;
After

• [...]
  • deadline date: 4 XI 2018, 23:59.59 CET;
  • competition entries verification and potential corrections: 5 XI 2018;
  • public and jury vote: 6 XI 2018, 18:00 CET - 16 XI 2018, 23:59.59 CET;
  • final results announcement: 18 XI 2018, 20:00 CET.

See less See more
#150 ·
Just wanted to thank everyone for taking their time to create some stunning desgines. Honestly, as Armas said, it's hard to pick a favorite, each has unique features and we would be lucky to have any of those stadiums as our home. One can dream, nevertheless.

We will make a post about the voting and invite our fans to have their say as well. Looking forward to the winner.

Thank you all again!

#151 ·
Great work everyone on the designs. I know it's been said twice already but it's true - each design has it's own unique merits which is great to see. Great to see how different minds interpret a site/brief and there's some fantastic rendering and detail work on show.

Really looking to see the results, as I'm sure it'll be close.

#154 ·
It was a very challenging to fit nice stadium on this plot but you’ve all achieved that.

As I understood the brief the main task was to refer to the history and heritage of host-club SR Brașov (to focus around the theme of mountainous landscape and lifestyle) and to keep an unobstructed view on Tâmpa mountain and Carpathians landscape from main stand.

I think challenges like that can lead to some original stadium designs because limitations are reason to be more creative, to find new original ways to solve problems.
Limitations like that were the foundations of some very original stadium designs like Aviva Stadium in Dublin (limited plot - https://www.thrislingtoncubicles.com/assets/images/casestudies/ireland-dublin-aviva-stadium-hero.jpg), Estadio BBVA Bancomer in Monterrey (similiar limitations like in Brasov - great view of the Cerro de la Silla Mountain had to be provided
https://populous.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/MNTRYMXSOC_0363_JorgeToboada.jpg).

That is why I was very eager to see how you all tackled this problem/opportunity.

I tried to put renders and presentations quality aside and focus purely on the essence of the matter.

With all of the above in mind here is my opinion on every design.

COMPETITION ENTRY #1
I’m sure the atmosphere during a football game on this stadium would be great with two big stands behind the goals. Stadium looks very functional and fans friendly. I love your sketches, specially rooftop options test - that’s something that was the most important for me in this challenge. I guess with some other engineering techniques to support the roof you could lose some pillars on the South Stand to make the view even more unobstructed.

COMPETITION ENTRY #2
I really like the design of the Main Stand inside the stadium. VIP boxes are nicely placed and the wood used as a material inside the stadium gives a nice warm feeling and really underlines its connection with mountain forest. Unfortunately the view of the Tâmpa mountain is completely blocked so that is really a deal breaker for me.

COMPETITION ENTRY #3
Wow! It seems like it’s all over the place :) Even though for me it is little chaotic I think fans would like to have home like that. I love how you raised roof so high on the south stand too show the beautiful view.

COMPETITION ENTRY #4
It’s probably the most functional design here and I guess it wouldn’t be very expensive to build. It seems like a rational choice. It is a very nice stadium but for me it lacks some distinctive feature, in my opinion too generic solution to this demanding brief.

COMPETITION ENTRY #5
That is a really nice stadium. I really like the facade - how you mixed historic and modern style. Stands are great as well - especially how you used black seats at the top, that creates a really nice effect. The roof structure is something that I also really like. One thing - but unfortunately the most important for me - is missing: unobstructed view on Tâmpa mountain.

ARMAS LOHIKEITTO’S NOT SUBMITTED DESIGN
Looks finished to me, definitely my favourite one here. Very simple yet distinctive. Hope you will finish this design and show us more renders.

Cheers :)

#162 ·
Can you provide us more info about this next SDC? Chosen city? Team?

#158 ·
Firstly, congratulations to Igor.

Secondly, congratulations to everybody who entered. As was said earlier, all of the designs were very good and we saw some unique takes on the regulations.

Thirdly, I will be starting my diary series probably tomorrow. I wanted to start tonight, but I have my bowling league tonight and won't have time. I'm not sure yet how many parts it will be divided into, but I can assure you that I will cover all aspects of the design and modelling process. At the end of it, I will show how I proposed the project be phased.

The good thing about doing the diary immediately after the competition is finished is that all of the issues and design decisions are fresh in my mind. That means that there is plenty of stories to tell...

#161 ·
https://pompey2j.blogspot.com/2018/11/stadionul-silviu-ploesteanu.html

As promised - part one of the construction diary, covering the first couple of days. There will probably be 7 parts or so, depending on how much content comes up for each part. Obviously, there was a lot for this one as it covers the design part.

Also, I bowled 172 140 and 143, so well worth going. Anyways, I will be back with part two soon enough.

#163 ·
@stefan2000
Stats will be published this weekend.

@pompeyfan
Where is part 2?! :p

@danielbeier
Only thing I can say for this moment is that #sdc5 will be hosted in Brazil (first time beyond the Europe!) and take place in 2019. Summer or late late spring. However, there`ll be lots of consulting inbetween.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.