Mindanao Railway System - Page 14 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Railways

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 25th, 2018, 06:25 PM   #261
chestersim
W

Likes (Received): 1380

it is a single track. although I heard kinokontest pa rin ng mga taga doon na ipush yung original design daw na dual track. IMO, try muna nila mag single.

-----
Security, other issues cloud dream of Mindanao Railway System

Quote:
DAVAO CITY—“It will be so fast, so cheap and so efficient, you can have your breakfast in Surigao City, lunch in Zamboanga, and dinner in Davao City.”
This was how Secretary Abul Khayr Alonto of the Mindanao Development Authority (MinDA) envisioned how life would be in Mindanao if the Mindanao Railway System pushes through under the administration of President Rodrigo Duterte.

While the project has raised hopes among local officials of finally seeing a railroad link provinces in Mindanao, is the government just selling them a dream?

A year before the President steps down from office in 2022, only the 102-kilometer segment spanning Digos and Tagum cities will be completed.
The government has not provided a schedule for the completion of the 2,000-km railroad across the island.
Also, the current plan provided by MinDA does not mention a high-speed train yet.
Its proposal for a two-track electric railroad for the Digos-Tagum route was shelved by the Department of Transportation (DOTr) in favor of a single-track, diesel-run locomotive.
snipped

-------

Mindanao Express dream on track

Quote:
ZAMBOANGA CITY — Armando Cabance first heard stories of trains coming to Mindanao when he was a young man driving a truck for a logging company in the 1960s during the administration of then President Ferdinand Marcos.
earing these stories again during the term of President Rodrigo Duterte, the country’s first leader from Mindanao, Cabance wondered whether a railroad would finally materialize. He is now 78.

“We were thinking then that if there would be a train, we would no longer be needed here and we would lose our jobs,” he said. “I am old already and the railroad story is back. I think I will not live long enough to see it.”
For a long time, Mindanao has dreamed of a railroad linking most of its growth areas and their markets. But plans to build the railroad, though frequently floated around, never took off during past administrations.
Hopes were buoyed in 2016 when then Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte was elected President, with business leaders and development planners working to revive the plan.
Early this month, the Mindanao Development Authority
(MinDA) showed the Inquirer a map of the proposed route of the Mindanao railroad system. A circumferential line connects most of the major cities in Mindanao.
snipped

RayQ, s_w_stars liked this post
chestersim está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 26th, 2018, 06:57 AM   #262
Parchie

Likes (Received): 2772

Quote:
Originally Posted by chestersim View Post
it is a single track. although I heard kinokontest pa rin ng mga taga doon na ipush yung original design daw na dual track. IMO, try muna nila mag single.

-----
Security, other issues cloud dream of Mindanao Railway System

snipped

-------

Mindanao Express dream on track

snipped

If NEDA finds the ridership cannot meet the revenues required to pay back the loans on time, they have to do what's workable.

You only need a provision for a passing loop so opposite trains can pass each other, on specific locations. I remember that is done also for roads which has a single lane. Passing stations are provided.
The aim of public education is not to spread enlightenment at all: it is simply to reduce as many individuals as possible to the same level, to breed a standard citizenry, to put down dissent and originality.

- H.L. Mencken
Parchie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2018, 08:40 AM   #263
romyman

Likes (Received): 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parchie View Post
If NEDA finds the ridership cannot meet the revenues required to pay back the loans on time, they have to do what's workable.

You only need a provision for a passing loop so opposite trains can pass each other, on specific locations. I remember that is done also for roads which has a single lane. Passing stations are provided.
I think there was no occasion in histroy that PNR was profitable.

The old Bicol Line (PNR) has at least 3 stations with passing loop (if my recollection is right). To future proof MINDANAO RAIL double track is the only way to go.

Last edited by romyman; April 26th, 2018 at 08:46 AM.
romyman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 26th, 2018, 09:20 AM   #264
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 11410

PNR will never be profitable with passenger operation. Public service yun.

Parang maging self-sustaining PNR kahit paano at wag naman mashado umasa sa subsidy, rail cargo / freight is the key.

Of course we want all railway systems to be double tracked, but will passenger and freight numbers suffice?

Even PNR Elbi-Bikol is still single track for Chinese ODA diba.

PRRD, #SONA2019
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2018, 10:57 AM   #265
romyman

Quote:

to avoid passing loop.. i think that mindanao rail should be made into a one way loop. meaning there is no opposing train trip...
Old April 26th, 2018, 11:59 AM   #266
Meh

Likes (Received): 904

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyman View Post
to avoid passing loop.. i think that mindanao rail should be made into a one way loop. meaning there is no opposing train trip...

Kung taga Tagum City ka at gusto mo pumunta ng Digos iikutin mo pa yung Mindanao?

It doesn’t make sense.
1100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2018, 12:31 PM   #267
romyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100 View Post
Kung taga Tagum City ka at gusto mo pumunta ng Digos iikutin mo pa yung Mindanao?

It doesn’t make sense.
You can use the Provincial Bus
Old April 26th, 2018, 01:47 PM   #268
chestersim
W

Likes (Received): 1380

kapag nagging dual track ba gigibain ang unang pinatayo na single track?

parang hindi naman most part. try muna nila magsingle track. hindi naman siguro mahal ang mga passing loop. pag successful e magdual track. bilhin nalang ang necessary ROW immediately for the 2nd track para future proof.

ang iksi lang kasi ng 1st phase. feeling ko mas magboboom kung magagawa ang next phases.

s_w_stars liked this post
chestersim está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2018, 02:15 PM   #269
Meh

Likes (Received): 904

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyman View Post
You can use the Provincial Bus

It basically defeats the purpose of the railway system, kaya ka nga nag-tren para bumilis byahe mo eh.
1100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2018, 02:38 PM   #270
romyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100 View Post
It basically defeats the purpose of the railway system, kaya ka nga nag-tren para bumilis byahe mo eh.
now do you think a single track rail makes sense ?
Old April 26th, 2018, 02:45 PM   #271
s_w_stars

Likes (Received): 4909

Quote:

Yes.
Old April 26th, 2018, 04:16 PM   #272
ice_mckoi

Likes (Received): 14

Initial info about the project is actually available online:

The rail line will be built with a single track, with provisions for future tracks and electrification. It will have six 5-car passenger trains (Diesel Multiple Units) with 3 spare cars, 4 locomotives and 15 freight cars. source: DOTr

Magniko, s_w_stars liked this post
ice_mckoi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2018, 02:23 AM   #273
absinthe_888

Govt of course will secure the RROW for DUAL track provision already for future proofing purposes.

PRRD, #SONA2019
Old April 27th, 2018, 02:28 AM   #274
Parchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magniko View Post
For aslong as the government is able to pay back, loans will do no real harm
I do think that the MR should have provisions for dual track and electricity for future expansions
Never knew that MR is designed for electrified railway. That's news to me.
The aim of public education is not to spread enlightenment at all: it is simply to reduce as many individuals as possible to the same level, to breed a standard citizenry, to put down dissent and originality.

- H.L. Mencken
Old April 27th, 2018, 04:05 PM   #275
Englehart
Air, Road, Rail and Sea

Likes (Received): 704

50's or 60's pa ata na plan yun

hopefully there will be a provision for interisland in the far far far future
Old April 28th, 2018, 01:54 AM   #276
Parchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by absinthe_888 View Post
Govt of course will secure the RROW for DUAL track provision already for future proofing purposes.
Hahaha. Government will secure the RROW then the squatters will fill those spaces up.
Future-proofing is too high an order.

- H.L. Mencken
Old April 28th, 2018, 05:04 AM   #277
absinthe_888

Future proofing = squatter invasion

Olats

PRRD, #SONA2019
Old May 2nd, 2018, 12:20 PM   #278
absinthe_888

Department of Transportation - Philippines
· 3 hrs ·

Quote:
TINGNAN: Ipinag-utos ni Secretary Tugade na huwag hayaang magkaroon ng anumang delay ang proseso ng pag-procure para sa Mindanao Railway Project.

Dagdag pa nya, hindi maaaring mas mababa ang kalidad ng riles at tren sa Mindanao kumpara sa mga riles at tren na pina-planong itayo at paganahin sa Metro Manila.

Pantay-pantay, walang lamangan, IISANG LAHI, IISANG BANSA.

#DOTrPH 🇵🇭
#BUILDBUILDBUILD

PRRD, #SONA2019
Old May 12th, 2018, 12:35 PM   #279
regjeex
Daghay na BANN3D_lol

Likes (Received): 358

dapat ituloy na yan.. pangako yan na dapat di mapako... sabi by june mag uumpisa na ng phase 1...

Quote:
Originally Posted by absinthe_888 View Post
Old May 12th, 2018, 04:47 PM   #280
s_w_stars

Likes (Received): 4909

Does this qualify as epal?

In other countries, I only see billboards with basic information, without pictures, below that is the name of the implementing agency or level of gov't undertaking the project.
Advertisement