Hillgate Quay - The 'By The River Brew Co' Container Project | Gateshead | U/C - Page 16 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > North East England > Newcastle Metro Area

Newcastle Metro Area For Newcastle, N Tyneside, Gateshead, S Tyneside, South Northumberland

Old March 25th, 2019, 07:10 PM   #301
Ken O'Heed

Likes (Received): 3787

"By The River Brew Co" container project, Hillgate Quay, Gateshead - pictures of mobile food outlets etc 24/03/19

Pictures taken by myself Sunday 24/03/19 at approx 0945 & 1145 looking from east footpath of Swing Bridge and down from west footpath of Tyne Bridge at additional mobile food outlets that have been recently been positioned at the west end of the By The River Brew Co development, Hillgate Quay, Gateshead

Images hosted on Photobucket

KEN
Ken O'Heed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 5th, 2019, 05:23 PM   #302
Ken O'Heed

By the River Brew Co at Hillgate Quay, Gateshead, site of former mini Tyne Bridge - picture 03/04/19

Picture by myself from Wednesday 03/04/19 approx 1415 showing situation regards removal of foundation for removed mini Tyne Bridge at the By the River Brew Co at Hillgate Quay, Gateshead

The only reduced size of image that I can achieve at present using new Photobucket system

In my original picture there are 10 verticals of the gate shown on right side of picture - after "resizing" see the situation above.

Also "cuts" equivalent width from left side of picture

More pictures taken showing the situation but not being posted yet until can get situation sorted, as it is taking near 2 minutes per picture to get the above "poor" result

Images hosted on Photobucket - still by emails trying to resolve with them the problem of needing to resize "oversize" images thanks to their "new" version introduced 03/04/19

KEN

toonlad liked this post
Old April 5th, 2019, 10:46 PM   #303
Ken O'Heed

By the River Brew Co at Hillgate Quay, Gateshead, site of former mini Tyne Bridge & more- further pictures 03/04/19

Further pictures by myself from Wednesday 03/04/19 approx 1415 showing situation regards removal of foundation for removed mini Tyne Bridge at the By the River Brew Co at Hillgate Quay, Gateshead

and some other pictures of the area

Images hosted on Photobucket

KEN

Last edited by Ken O'Heed; April 15th, 2019 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Reinput pictures after another rework on new Photobucket system
Old April 6th, 2019, 12:56 PM   #304
ne14ne1

Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken O'Heed View Post

KEN
Not long until it reopens now...

"HWKRMRKT GRAND RE OPENING… EASTER THURSDAY 18TH APRIL!!!

- THURSDAY 18TH APRIL 6PM TO 11PM
- GOOD FRIDAY 19TH APRIL MIDDAY TO 11PM
- SATURDAY 20TH APRIL MIDDAY TO 11PM
- BANK HOLIDAY SUNDAY 21ST APRIL MIDDAY TO 11PM
- EASTER MONDAY 22ND APRIL MIDDAY TO 6PM

The HWKRMRKT opens at weekends from Spring through till late Autumn
"

...from: https://www.bytheriverbrew.co/hawkers-market/
ne14ne1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2019, 07:38 PM   #305
Ken O'Heed

By the River Brew Co at Hillgate Quay, Gateshead, site of former mini Tyne Bridge - further pictures 26/04/19

Further to post #304 for the By the River Brew Co at Hillgate Quay, Gateshead

These further pictures by myself from Friday 26/04/19 approx 1315 show that following removal of foundation for removed mini Tyne Bridge the area has now been turfed

Full size images hosted on Photobucket

KEN
Old April 27th, 2019, 06:59 AM   #306
Raymilland

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken O'Heed View Post
Further to post #304 for the By the River Brew Co at Hillgate Quay, Gateshead

These further pictures by myself from Friday 26/04/19 approx 1315 show that following removal of foundation for removed mini Tyne Bridge the area has now been turfed

Full size images hosted on Photobucket

KEN
For me, this place has been a complete success. The Restaurant has been nationally rated by Jay Rayner and the bar is excellent. I was in with my wife couple of weeks ago on a Wednesday night and it was heaving.
Raymilland no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 08:06 PM   #307
Station Master

Likes (Received): 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymilland View Post
For me, this place has been a complete success. The Restaurant has been nationally rated by Jay Rayner and the bar is excellent. I was in with my wife couple of weeks ago on a Wednesday night and it was heaving.
100% agree. Probably my favourite place to drink, and eat, in town these days. In both warm and cold weather.

Raymilland liked this post
Station Master no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2019, 10:55 PM   #308
Godscrasher

Likes (Received): 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Station Master View Post
100% agree. Probably my favourite place to drink, and eat, in town these days. In both warm and cold weather.
Ditto to all of the above too. Love the place and the food is outstanding and atmosphere is amazing. It particularly helps looking across the river to Newcastle too (no offence Gateshead).

I'd love to see more development in this area to capitalise on what's already on offer. it really could give the Newcastle Quayside a run for it's money and offer something for a different clientele than what Newcastle already offers.
Godscrasher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2019, 05:19 PM   #309
tameracingdriver

Likes (Received): 215

Agree its been an excellent success, although I still think it could have looked better personally, maybe the containers could have been Tyne Bridge green colour or a dark grey, but that rusty Angel colour just doesn't do it for me in the slightest, however that is just my opinion for what it's worth.

Fair play though for bringing this part of Gateshead back to life.
tameracingdriver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2019, 10:51 PM   #310
act94

Likes (Received): 110

I would like to see way more seating outside when the summer comes around. Was a struggle last year to get somewhere to sit on the warmer days. Overall though a great use of derelict space and a step towards 'completing' the quayside.
act94 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2019, 07:58 PM   #311
Ken O'Heed

"By The River Brew Co" container project, Hillgate Quay, Gateshead - pictures 13/09/19

Some further pictures by myself taken Saturday 13/09/19 approx 1015 from the roof area of The Castle Keep, Newcastle, (on a Heritage Open Days 2019 event), to show the "By The River Brew Co" container project, Hillgate Quay, Gateshead

Images hosted on Post image site

KEN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
construction, development, developments, gateshead, newcastle, project, project - newcastle area, projects