Bengaluru | Roads | Flyovers | Underpasses - Page 323 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Bengaluru

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 19th, 2019, 11:31 AM   #6441
Suhasravi

Likes (Received): 59

From where do you get these photos?
Suhasravi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 20th, 2019, 07:10 AM   #6442
Cygnus-X1

Likes (Received): 4692

Quote:
Originally Posted by SREERAMBLR View Post
Does it cut through the 'Proposed Railway Building' joining the 2 greens in the map where it is broken? Have railways permitted a part of their property to be a thoroughfare?

Cant see a direct route from Khoday circle towards Malleswaram. Probably a circuitous left into the above building and via the 2 lane unidirectional loooooooop at the top?

It appears from the map that a vehicle coming on the flyover from Malleswaram & Okalipuram side will find it tough to cut across to the left to access the existing back entrance to the platforms (unless this back entrance is being relocated)
From the video, its clear that entry /exit to ramps will be free from within railway land opposite 'Proposed Railway Building'.

I think direct route from Khoday circle towards Malleswaram (past Krishna Flour mills) had been stopped ever since Dhanavanthri road underpass (one way) was built (west of Anand Rao circle) - others can clarify on this.

The 'Proposed Railway Building' is at the back entrance to the railway station. The ramps from Okalipuram & Malleswaram lead directly to the back entrance (landing just in front of the proposed building).

Suhasravi liked this post
Cygnus-X1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2019, 10:18 AM   #6443
somersalf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhasravi View Post
Karnataka Cabinet clears modified Peripheral Ring Road project costing ₹11,950 crore

somersalf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2019, 12:06 PM   #6444
[email protected]

Likes (Received): 18

Weren’t they cleared by previous govt itself ? How many cabinet clearances !!

vharihar, rocking_magma, Suhasravi liked this post
AR@BLR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2019, 02:10 PM   #6445
sunilbabuvk

Likes (Received): 11

Is anyone noticing work being carried out at the project sites? From the time the government has changed, work has stopped. I can say that for sure about Okalipuram project and Chord road project. No progress at all from last few days

sunilbabuvk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2019, 06:28 AM   #6446
Suhasravi

https://www.udayavani.com/district-n...eral-ring-road
Old September 23rd, 2019, 06:36 AM   #6447
Suhasravi

https://m.timesofindia.com/articlesh...s/71251480.cms

Rs 4,000-crore bonanza for blacktopping Bengaluru roads
Old September 23rd, 2019, 08:22 AM   #6448
Sridhara Rao

Likes (Received): 442

I saw the alignment sketch today in Vijaya Karnataka newspaper. From Nice Rd Jn on Tumkur road the road shown touching Doddaballapur, then bellary road at Venkatala (near Magnum Honda Kogilu cross), then cutting through heavily developed areas and literally slices through middle of Bhartiya City project on Thanisandra road. As many know, Bhartiya City has already left about 200 ft between Phase I and Phase II for this PRR.

My main question is Does the PRR touches DB Pur and then come south to touch Venkatala-Bhartiya City-KRpuram Hoskote road (neat ITI) and go further towards Seegehalli?

How can the alignment touch DBPur and curve sharply down cutting through already developed areas in that 20-25 km stretch(DB Pur to Venkatala)?

I know that Canadian School has already publicized that the PRR will run right in front of it's gate so that it doesn't need the current small access road through private lands and CIS had to do a lot of negotiations to get that access road open.

Anyways, I really what this project to take off and they should do all under passes at all crossing roads while building the PRR and not do like ORR first, then killing us with the signal free project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somersalf View Post
Karnataka Cabinet clears modified Peripheral Ring Road project costing ₹11,950 crore

Sridhara Rao no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2019, 08:38 AM   #6449
Sridhara Rao

We're the great democracy where in a new govt can review/cancel any of the projects approved by previous govt.
Even when there is a no cancellation clause, they'll find a way like stalling payments so the contractor will stop work and so on. This is to enforce their will as opposed to the will of the previous government.
Don't you see that no current government would want to continue a project approved/started by the previous government because current government never want to give credit to the previous government but only in a case where the project is almost complete, then current govt will see to that it's completed and claim credit by inaugurating the same.

Second biggest reason is that any out going govt would approve a huge number of projects in the last few days before elections announcements, almost all going to their chamchas (white topping), flouting tender process norms (steel elevated road), kick backs, giving to dubious contractors etc so the new govt will cancel/stall/investigate all projects and with this reset, we all suffer forever.
If there is no stable govt for 5 years, this vicious cycle will keep repeating.

The laws should be amended so that any govt can investigate any irregularity in any contract and cancel ONLY if there is any irregularity/corruption exists/proved. Then government should have the right to re-tender, or simply assign to the previous next best tender bidder or any such fair process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Weren’t they cleared by previous govt itself ? How many cabinet clearances !!

Old September 23rd, 2019, 08:54 AM   #6450
somersalf

This time advantage is that both ends connect with NICE road. So there wont be traffic jams between NICE road end and this PRR road end.

Old September 23rd, 2019, 08:55 AM   #6451
inforesumeedge
Job Site

Likes (Received): 0

Amazing
inforesumeedge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2019, 11:28 AM   #6452
[email protected]

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhara Rao View Post
We're the great democracy where in a new govt can review/cancel any of the projects approved by previous govt.

Even when there is a no cancellation clause, they'll find a way like stalling payments so the contractor will stop work and so on. This is to enforce their will as opposed to the will of the previous government.

Don't you see that no current government would want to continue a project approved/started by the previous government because current government never want to give credit to the previous government but only in a case where the project is almost complete, then current govt will see to that it's completed and claim credit by inaugurating the same.

Second biggest reason is that any out going govt would approve a huge number of projects in the last few days before elections announcements, almost all going to their chamchas (white topping), flouting tender process norms (steel elevated road), kick backs, giving to dubious contractors etc so the new govt will cancel/stall/investigate all projects and with this reset, we all suffer forever.

If there is no stable govt for 5 years, this vicious cycle will keep repeating.

The laws should be amended so that any govt can investigate any irregularity in any contract and cancel ONLY if there is any irregularity/corruption exists/proved. Then government should have the right to re-tender, or simply assign to the previous next best tender bidder or any such fair process.

Very true. Strangely many are not cancelled, they are just stalled or inquiry commissioned. We all know what it means

AR@BLR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2019, 12:38 PM   #6453
Suhasravi

Quote:
I saw the alignment sketch today in Vijaya Karnataka newspaper. From Nice Rd Jn on Tumkur road the road shown touching Doddaballapur, then bellary road at Venkatala (near Magnum Honda Kogilu cross), then cutting through heavily developed areas and literally slices through middle of Bhartiya City project on Thanisandra road. As many know, Bhartiya City has already left about 200 ft between Phase I and Phase II for this PRR.

My main question is Does the PRR touches DB Pur and then come south to touch Venkatala-Bhartiya City-KRpuram Hoskote road (neat ITI) and go further towards Seegehalli?

How can the alignment touch DBPur and curve sharply down cutting through already developed areas in that 20-25 km stretch(DB Pur to Venkatala)?

I know that Canadian School has already publicized that the PRR will run right in front of it's gate so that it doesn't need the current small access road through private lands and CIS had to do a lot of negotiations to get that access road open.

Anyways, I really what this project to take off and they should do all under passes at all crossing roads while building the PRR and not do like ORR first, then killing us with the signal free project.
Could you please share the pic of the map
Old September 23rd, 2019, 03:23 PM   #6454
Sridhara Rao

I called my Haircut guy. It's Udayavani not Vijaya karnataka. It's on Page 2 of today's edition, I checked the e-edition and it's there. You may try https://epaper.udayavani.com.

Quote:
Could you please share the pic of the map

Last edited by Sridhara Rao; September 23rd, 2019 at 03:32 PM.
Old September 23rd, 2019, 05:10 PM   #6455
Suhasravi

Quote:
I called my Haircut guy. It's Udayavani not Vijaya karnataka. It's on Page 2 of today's edition, I checked the e-edition and it's there. You may try https://epaper.udayavani.com.
Thanks a ton sir.
BTW with peripheral ring road they should even widen NICE road no?
The latter is just 4 Laned and dangerous without dividers.

vharihar liked this post
Old September 24th, 2019, 06:30 AM   #6456
somersalf

Quote:
Thanks a ton sir.
NICE road has space provision for expanding to 6 lane easily.

Old September 24th, 2019, 07:37 AM   #6457
Cygnus-X1

Likes (Received): 4692

This map & description of PRR was published some time ago (Feb-2018). I'm not sure if this alignment has undergone any changes, probably not as it would disrupt the progress already made on negotiations with land owners.

The map is not accurate & has errors (particularly where it meets Hosur road).

Cygnus-X1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2019, 10:27 AM   #6458
Suhasravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by somersalf View Post
NICE road has space provision for expanding to 6 lane easily.
Ya but Is the widening included in the project?
Old September 24th, 2019, 02:25 PM   #6459
Sridhara Rao

NICE road is a toll road and it was not planned to have service road as it's not necessary for a toll road. this is the main reason why people are fighting NICE road.
Still I have not seen any back up on NICE road as it's well designed and works fine almost the whole day.

PRR will be like ORR so they must make service roads. I guess NICE doesn't need widening.

What I sincerely hope is that PRR is made with underpasses at every road crossing PRR.

Quote:
Thanks a ton sir.
Old September 24th, 2019, 02:30 PM   #6460
Sridhara Rao

Yes, this is exactly what I asked, how it will come down from top from DBPur side all the way down to Kogilu cross and pass heavily developed areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus-X1 View Post
This map & description of PRR was published some time ago (Feb-2018). I'm not sure if this alignment has undergone any changes, probably not as it would disrupt the progress already made on negotiations with land owners.

The map is not accurate & has errors (particularly where it meets Hosur road).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement