Vilnius projects vs. Riga projects - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Lithuania

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 16th, 2004, 05:12 PM   #61
Moolio
Nihongo Luvr

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablonis
if latvians started to talk about infrastructuale projects like bridges and stuff, i should mencion that next year the roads around vilnius will be started to build, to reduce the car number in the city centre - the roads will coast about one billion litas, it's about 300 mln euros,also you told that in ryga is now building a biggest fun park in baltics - infact, that's not true, because the biggest prak is now started to build around SIEMENS arena and in few years the bigghest park will be built in elektrenai (that's about 40 km from vilnius), besides that vilnius has 6 universities and two biotechnology, material science and measurement, laser and IT enterprises also a huge institute of phisics, and several more smaller institutes and there is a plan tu unite them in one place (sauletekis valey), and when united, it will be one of the largest science places in eastern, or mayby the whole europe, there are plans to build there new huge laboratory's as i know, so in some years vilnius will become a city where a new technology's will be developed with a enormous speed and size, so i think vilnius has a better chanses to become most modern city in middle and eastern europe (that's the main object infact), and also i think that we shouldn't fight whose city is better, for reall i think we should help more each other, couse while we'r fighting, a city like klaipeda may well run over us, just look at the plans they have got(in a near future they will bring down almoust 1/3 of the city, to build a huge harbour, there are plans of a new scyscrapers much more taller than the once it tallin, a huge district of apartments like these one's:
http://www.************/index.php?opt...&id=73&Itemid= ), allright i talk to much

srry for so many mistakes, it's just that i was writing very fast
Is this bragging, or what? Anyways welcome to the forum.
Advertisement

Old December 16th, 2004, 05:22 PM   #62
Mantas
in action

Likes (Received): 0

Sveikas, pabloni

Yeah, Vilnius is going to rock soon, we just need to wait a little

Beje, žvilgtelk į forumą, paminėtą šio pranešimo paraše

TINKLE.************
forum Cities & Architecture
Mantas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2004, 06:03 PM   #63
ch1le
always on

Likes (Received): 305

wow Pablonis... that was great, made me laugh alot
I hope you are aware that the highes approved building in tallinn is 145m.........
and plz stop the Klaipeda talk, only chance klaipeda will get overrunning vilnius or tallinn, not even talking about riga is if russians bomb us back to stoneage . Talking about funparks... erm, Danish amusement park has plans to build a amusement park in tallinn... that would be a investment of about 1 bio kroon...thats about 66mio euro - alot of money for a fun park.
Quote:
most modern city in middle and eastern europe
and that, well, is just comedy, we wont become even close to modern, any of us Tallinn, riga, klaipeda nor vilnius with all those commies we have, never never never...
plus the prospect of vilnius science park ever beating finlands biggest sciencefacilities is just amuzing.

Ok... Welcome to the forums! Feel free to argue with me
ch1le no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 16th, 2004, 06:11 PM   #64
John

Likes (Received): 4

Welcome, Pabloni!

@ch1le
You might be quite right here, although we have to consider that unlike in Estonia where almost everything is concentrated in Tallinn, in Lithuania it's a bit different. Fun parks or big scientific institutions may not be located only in Vilnius. There are at least other 2 cities which stand on the same scale (well, more or less) - Kaunas and Klaipeda, we should not underestimate them (at least Klaipeda for now, Kaunas seems to be lagging a bit ).
John no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2004, 06:19 PM   #65
ch1le
always on

John, im very aware of the situation in Lithuania... kaunas and klaipeda do offer big competition, but they can't match to Vilnius... well, mby kaunas, since its in the middle, but klaipeda ... seems weird, well, whats the population again? Its the third biggest? or 4th? is Siulai or Panevezis bigger?
Old December 16th, 2004, 06:29 PM   #66
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1le
John, im very aware of the situation in Lithuania... kaunas and klaipeda do offer big competition, but they can't match to Vilnius... well, mby kaunas, since its in the middle, but klaipeda ... seems weird, well, whats the population again? Its the third biggest? or 4th? is Siulai or Panevezis bigger?
Klaipeda's population is about 200,000 so by this figure it's not a competitor to Vilnius or Kaunas. On the other hand if we take a look at the number of investments flowing to Klaipeda the FDI flow into Klaipeda should exceed the FDI flow into Vilnius. Not talking about other major investments. F.e. right now there are two (!) some of Europe's biggest factories of plastic raw material (each worth of nearly 100mio Eur) U/C in Klaipeda.

You might take a look at some project details and have an idea what industrial projects (not to mention residential, commercial and retail) are underway in this rather small city http://www.constructus.lt/215
Old December 16th, 2004, 06:32 PM   #67
Mantas
in action

"Siulai" lol

Klaipeda is 3rd city with 200,000, but the population is growing as Vilnius' does. I believe theme park in Vilnius will cost more than 66 mln €, because the arena itself (included to the same park) costed 20 €. The waterpark will be built soon, but don't remember the cost of it. Many additional part will be added in the future, the whole park area is going to be 550,000 m2 if I'm not mistaking

TINKLE.************
Old December 16th, 2004, 06:39 PM   #68
ch1le
always on

ok ok, siauliai. hey, mby you would like to try and name other estonian citys
hmhh, industry indeed is booming there... but them alone wont make a big difference :P ok, fun park, in that sense, ok, but ur speaking about like arena + waterpark + that and this... but just the alleged amusement park (rollercoasters and stuff) would cost 66mio euro in tallinn :P
Old December 16th, 2004, 06:41 PM   #69
blimey
BANNED

its not about the price
Lithuanian construction companies have started to import Belarussian workers who work for piss small money, thats why they're able to offer cheaper services
blimey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2004, 06:42 PM   #70
John

Quote:
ok ok, siauliai. hey, mby you would like to try and name other estonian citys
hmhh, industry indeed is booming there... but them alone wont make a big difference :P ok, fun park, in that sense, ok, but ur speaking about like arena + waterpark + that and this... but just the alleged amusement park (rollercoasters and stuff) would cost 66mio euro in tallinn :P
ch1le, how come a factory of nearly 100 million doesn't make a difference but a rollercoaster park of 66million does make a difference? That's something I don't get, could you explain this to me?
Old December 16th, 2004, 06:42 PM   #71
Mantas
in action

Estonian cities... hm... Tallinn, Tallinn and yes, Tallinn. Did I mention Talsinki?

Ok, it's Tartu, Viljandi, Pärnu, Kuresaare, Kohtla-Järve, Narva etc.

EDITED: The plains of future Sauletekis valley (Hi-tech), area reaches those yellow commieblocks.

TINKLE.************

Last edited by Mantas; December 16th, 2004 at 06:48 PM.
Old December 16th, 2004, 06:55 PM   #72
ch1le
always on

John ofcourse it does:P But still, a factory wont give as much to city imo, as a fun park, funparks create urbanity, tourism, skyline (mmm), jobs (well ofcourse factory makes more, the alleged amusement park in tallinn would give 3000 jobs, what the number in those factories?). They are both important ofcourse
Mantaz, huge
aahh, i give up

edit: ok, take for example small city in Estonia Kunda 4000 people, is getting a factory which will cost 160mio euro... am i screaming about it? :P
Old December 16th, 2004, 06:59 PM   #73
blimey
BANNED

when is the construction of that valley thing gonna start?
cause its been on the plans for a couple of years now
blimey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2004, 07:38 PM   #74
Mantas
in action

Nobody tells that, but the project is real enough

Btw, here's the development overview. The red zones would be newly built

TINKLE.************
Old December 16th, 2004, 07:43 PM   #75
Edd
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by John
On the other hand if we take a look at the number of investments flowing to Klaipeda the FDI flow into Klaipeda should exceed the FDI flow into Vilnius.
Are you kidding?
2003 data (FDI mln lt):
Klaipeda: 1003,83
Vilnius: 8297,95
Edd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2004, 08:07 PM   #76
ch1le
always on

can you find the FDI figure for tallinn? i failed :P
Old December 16th, 2004, 08:11 PM   #77
Edd
BANNED

Quote:
can you find the FDI figure for tallinn? i failed :P
I found data for Vilnius and Klaipeda in the page of Lthuanian statistics departament. I'll try to find data for Tallinn, I think it should be higher than in Vilnius.
Old December 16th, 2004, 08:16 PM   #78
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd
Are you kidding?
2003 data (FDI mln lt):
Klaipeda: 1003,83
Vilnius: 8297,95
Edd, read my post once again. I wrote FDI flow which is not the same as total FDI which you wrote. Of course the total FDI in Vilnius is and will remain higher but I was talking about the new FDI which is coming in this and in the next few years.
Old December 16th, 2004, 08:51 PM   #79
Edd
BANNED

@John:
FDI flow:
Klaipeda 1022,78 mln LT (2002 year) 1003,83 mln. LT (2003 year): -18,95
Vilnius 6829,58 mln LT (2002 year) 8297,95 mln. LT (2003 year): +1468,37

If you'll say that the data is old: I doubt that you already have data for this and next few years.
Old December 16th, 2004, 09:28 PM   #80
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd
@John:
FDI flow:
Klaipeda 1022,78 mln LT (2002 year) 1003,83 mln. LT (2003 year): -18,95
Vilnius 6829,58 mln LT (2002 year) 8297,95 mln. LT (2003 year): +1468,37

If you'll say that the data is old: I doubt that you already have data for this and next few years.
I'm talking about 2004 and later years, not about 2002 or hell knows what.
I never said I have data or that I know it, I just wrote it "should exceed" what means that I think this is possible . I'm making such assumption looking at the amount of new projects such as Indorama's plastic raw material factory (which is basically an empty-field foreign investment of 100mio Eur) and other projects developed by foreign companies. I might be wrong though, but we'll see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement