Cebú Projects and Constructions - Page 6 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Cebu Projects on the Rise

Cebu Projects on the Rise Proposals and U/Cs in Cebu.
» Cebu City | Mandaue City | Mactan Island | Rest of Cebu | Completed Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 27th, 2005, 11:22 PM   #101
bulakenyo

Likes (Received): 33

Yay! Finally! Another world-class theme park! I'm sure this will push Enchanted Kingdom to improve its facilities or perhaps even expand. Nice!
bulakenyo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 28th, 2005, 02:53 AM   #102
Sinjin P.
TheLibotero

Likes (Received): 535

12 after Bigfoot
Cebu Investment Promotions Center:
More investors are coming to SRP

December 28, 2005

Twelve more multimillion-peso investment deals are waiting to be closed for the South Road Properties (SRP), according to the Cebu Investment Promotions Center (CIPC).

Joel Mari S. Yu, CIPC managing director, said Tuesday they are now negotiating with big time investors who are eyeing to locate in the South Road Properties (formerly South Reclamation Project).

“Even if just two of these deals will be closed, we can fill the whole industrial area in the SRP,” Yu said.

Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña, on the other hand, announced that seven manufacturing companies have expressed their interest to locate in the SRP.

He said one is a “major investor” who wanted to buy about 10 hectares for a factory.

“That would mean a lot of employment,” Osmeña said.

He said they were targeting to close the deal “as soon as possible”.

CIPC, the marketing arm of the SRP, is working to close deals with huge manufacturing firms, information and technology (IT) and service companies, and investors who are interested to put up retirement villages and condominiums.

Yu refused to reveal the investment amount as well as the names of companies involved in these deals.

Osmeña earlier announced that the city was negotiating with Bigfoot Entertainment, Inc. to locate its film studio at the reclamation project.

The city is presently working to pave interior roads inside SRP's industrial area to make it more accessible especially when construction starts, Osmeña said.

Yu, on the other hand, said power would be available at the SRP by January 15, 2006.

“Water will later follow a few days after that with our desalinization facility,” he said.

Osmeña earlier vowed that the SRP would bear fruit in a few months and projected P2.5 billion in revenues from the sale of at least 29 hectares.

Yu said even if only two of the deals they were currently negotiating were closed, the city could sell around 60 hectares.
Old December 28th, 2005, 03:35 AM   #103
jrevalde

Likes (Received): 0

Its all light industries isnt it, like the ones in MEPZ
"I remember I used to half believe and wholly play with fairies when I was a child. What heaven can be more real than to retain the spirit-world of childhood, tempered and balanced by knowledge and common-sense..." – Beatrix Potter .
jrevalde no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 28th, 2005, 03:59 AM   #104
edifice_complex3
Bisdak nga Angeleno

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty18
So good to know that Askal! Wow!

and they're making their first film in Cebu for international release. Adam Sandler lang naman! they'll start shooting within year 2006.
I hate Adam Sandler. He looks like my first boss and I hate him, he,he.
edifice_complex3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2005, 08:08 AM   #105
LordCarnal
Filius Dei

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugbuanon
lets invite mike gleissner to this forum.. and sir tommy
Hehe, stand-by nya ta sa BigBucks bai, para ma invite nato si Gleissner.. He sometimes goes down to BigBucks and chats with the people inside (the usual hi, hello, how's your coffee? etc..)

Before we took the board exam, my classmates would sometimes study inside BigBucks and suddenly Gleissner would approach them and talk about anything.

@rusty18

Bai I'm not so sure as to where they would build the condos but there's a high probability that it would be at the defunct EMSU hotel (blue arrow). The red arrow actually points to a building and a house (where a relative of ours lives, hehe).

LordCarnal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2005, 10:36 AM   #106
rustyboi
official

Likes (Received): 1062

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrevalde
Its all light industries isnt it, like the ones in MEPZ
SRP has a couple of zones. Industrial zone, Business/Commercial zone, Recreation area etc. the proposals mentioned above are for the industrial area alone which i think ready na for locators SRP has almost 300 hectares of land. quite big. tama ba?
rustyboi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2005, 10:45 AM   #107
rustyboi
official

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnoldsa
Hehe, stand-by nya ta sa BigBucks bai, para ma invite nato si Gleissner.. He sometimes goes down to BigBucks and chats with the people inside (the usual hi, hello, how's your coffee? etc..)

Before we took the board exam, my classmates would sometimes study inside BigBucks and suddenly Gleissner would approach them and talk about anything.
Really? Come'on, lets make tambay at BigBucks. i'd love to chat with him, i've got so much stuff to DEMAND.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnoldsa
Bai I'm not so sure as to where they would build the condos but there's a high probability that it would be at the defunct EMSU hotel (blue arrow). The red arrow actually points to a building and a house (where a relative of ours lives, hehe).
Oh yeah? that's nice. i'm worried that the upcoming towers will block Crown Regency's view. bro u mentioned the on-hold CKS Tower, do u think possible pud ma take over by the J Kings?
Old December 28th, 2005, 10:59 AM   #108
sugbuanon
architect

Likes (Received): 680

there's also another vacant lot across club ultima beside DOH.. i think its possible that they'll be expanding there.. or they'll rehabilitate EMSU bldg and add few more floors.. OR demolish EMSU bldg.. OR i dont know.. hehehe
Old December 28th, 2005, 12:08 PM   #109
_zner_
Optional Information

Likes (Received): 78

Quote:
you gotta be kiddin', not another Metro Manila!
in a positive way of course!
_zner_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2005, 12:14 PM   #110
rustyboi
official

true

But i like the idea of Cebu to focus on Leisure and Tourism where green bucks are.
Old December 28th, 2005, 12:20 PM   #111
_zner_
Optional Information

Likes (Received): 78

i like cebu to be like guam..
_zner_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2005, 12:40 PM   #112
LordCarnal
Filius Dei

Likes (Received): 6

@rusty18

No idea na about the One CKS Towers.. They have an apartment sad here in Guadalupe.. CKS pod ang name niya.. Maayo unta bitaw bai nga i-pursue tu..

LordCarnal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2005, 02:07 PM   #113
slerz
mr lakawboy;)

Likes (Received): 4271

That site of CKS tower along Osmeña blvd is still fenced as of the moment, so the lot is still vacant.
and that building beside Metrobank plaza (red arrow) is too narrow for another tower to be built...
CEBeaUtiful!!!..............
CEBUreathtaking!!!......
slerz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2005, 03:19 PM   #114
sugbuanon
architect

here's a side view of both towers.. sky bridges will connect both bldgs ala petronas towers

Last edited by sugbuanon; December 28th, 2005 at 03:39 PM.
sugbuanon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2005, 03:32 PM   #115
P MARL

Likes (Received): 0

wow j king and sons co are gona build another 2 more tower ?? where will it be build i heard its in fuente osmenia ?? it would be cool if they build that thing in CBP to have a clusters of buildings or juz around the osmenia circles not in the CLUB ULITMA COMPLEX KAY it looks huot na kaayo mas nindot man na spacious ba tan awun ang mga towers
P MARL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2005, 03:47 PM   #116
slerz
mr lakawboy;)

Likes (Received): 4271

wow! kataas... if they will build 2 more towers sa fuente, so antoher cluster of buildings aside from CBP...

mubo ra lagi tan awn ang 20storeys noh? basta mataparan og mas taas...
CEBeaUtiful!!!..............
CEBUreathtaking!!!......
slerz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2005, 05:12 PM   #117
rustyboi
official

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugbuanon

here's a side view of both towers.. sky bridges will connect both bldgs ala petronas towers
cool! where'd ya get that sugbuanon? do u have Club Ultima's King's Island rendering as well?

btw, i noticed Club Ultima Tower I looks like two bldgs sticked together a bit different from the renderings we have.
Old December 28th, 2005, 11:39 PM   #118
edifice_complex3
Bisdak nga Angeleno

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by P MARL
wow j king and sons co are gona build another 2 more tower ?? where will it be build i heard its in fuente osmenia ?? it would be cool if they build that thing in CBP to have a clusters of buildings or juz around the osmenia circles not in the CLUB ULITMA COMPLEX KAY it looks huot na kaayo mas nindot man na spacious ba tan awun ang mga towers

I am for the idea of having tall buildings around Osmena Circle so that it would be our version of Times Square in New York & Shibuya in Tokyo. Anyone who has seen photos of these 2 places or had the chance to be there, would know what I mean.
I am envisioning also of a giant screen in one of the future skyscrapers around Osmena Circle just like what they have in those two places I've mentioned above.
edifice_complex3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2005, 11:48 PM   #119
rustyboi
official

Nice! But isn't Osmeña Blvd getting too crowded these days? i'd suggest ala NY Time Square somewhere in Cebu Business Park.
Old December 29th, 2005, 12:17 AM   #120
sugbuanon
architect

Quote:
cool! where'd ya get that sugbuanon? do u have Club Ultima's King's Island rendering as well?

btw, i noticed Club Ultima Tower I looks like two bldgs sticked together a bit different from the renderings we have.
i got it from the newspaper resty.. "picturan ra nako"..
Advertisement

Tags
cebu, city, constructions, gaisano, island, lapu-lapu, mabolo, mactan, mall, metro, park, philippines, projects, proposals, visayas