Lavasa Hill City | 10,000 acre city - Page 5 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > West > West/Central India Projects > Maharashtra

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 18th, 2009, 11:13 AM   #81
Lavasa Community

Likes (Received): 0

Hey!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh1802 View Post
I was very skeptical of this project when it started off but i must say it looks impressive with the current progress made.

I really hope they are going to maintain the ecology around the project.
Lavasa project is indeed very interesting and you'll be glad to know that we have planted over half a million of saplings in Dasve, Lavasa. For more updates & interesting facts join us:

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/l...mmunity?ref=ts

Twitter - http://twitter.com/lavasacommunity/

Orkut - http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Community?cmm=95488027

Looking forward to connect with you...
Lavasa Community no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 18th, 2009, 11:18 AM   #82
Lavasa Community

Hi :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombayPG View Post
Even the facilities will be offered at various different price points so they can cater to more people!
Lavasa takes care of all socioeconomic class... so it is planned accordingly.

For more updates you can join us:

Old December 18th, 2009, 11:25 AM   #83
Lavasa Community

Hello :)

Check out some interesting pictures on our page:http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/l...mmunity?ref=ts

If you want to upload your own pictures of Lavasa at our page or have some suggestions, you are always welcome...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 18th, 2009, 11:29 AM   #84
Lavasa Community

Lavasa is not just a place, its a dream land...For more updates, images & interesting facts join us:

Old December 20th, 2009, 10:19 AM   #85
mayekar

Hi

I have query

I am planning to buy/invest in one of the retirmenet homes by Utsav in Davse lake

Current rate is 2900 per sq ft

it is 1BHK or 2 BHK

They said almost 40% construction is over

I am from east India so i am not sure if i will use these retirement homes.

So may be i have to resell them later after few years

Going by massive supply situation in Lavasa and their plan to build several hndred homes/ villas/apartments , i am not sure if i will be able to resell later

even so will it be at lower price than my cost or with very little appreciation in price

please guide as to your opinions

thansk
-Rahul
mayekar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 12:54 AM   #86
stinaikar

3BHK apartments

If there are any 3BHK apartments close to the lakefront which are available, let me know. my email is

[email protected]
stinaikar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2010, 07:08 PM   #87
Dubaiwala

Looks great

Of all the properties I have ( Dubai, Goa, US, Pune), this has done the best and survived the downturn last year and actually turned in profit. Lavasa developments have been actually on schedule. I was very pleased to received photos of my Bungalow with RCC all completed and walls are going in now. Looks fantastic. My father visited the Model Bungalow of exactly same plan as mine and he was very pleased with the construction Quality. ( I have a one third acre, 4000 ft2 SK downhill). Looks like I might indeed get possession in next 5-6 months.

It is also quite amazing the partnerships Lavasa has been able to form. Additionally, Lavasa has also made constant communications with us, wish I can say this for my other builders, but kudos Mrs. Paraskar.

Thanks Lavasa, please let us know when is the actual handover dates for the third acre villas and when does the town of Dasve formally open, please send invitations to the people who bought and believed in Lavasa model from early days of Phase 0 sell. We would love to attend the Dasve Opening ceremony and I will travel to India whenever that happens, please let us know when is the official Dasve opening ceremony.
Dubaiwala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 08:46 AM   #88
manoj0309
BANNED

Re: Property in Lavasa

Hi,

Has any1 bought property in this project of Lavasa?

Kindly PM me or reply on this forum...Its urgent

Thanks a lot...
manoj0309 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 12:46 PM   #89
manoj03

Bought property in Lavasa?

Hi,

Has any1 bought property in this project of Lavasa?

Kindly PM me or reply on this forum...Its urgent

Thanks a lot...
manoj03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 06:38 PM   #90
Dubaiwala

Manoj, I have bought a property in Lavasa which is close to handover, I can help you, but I do not know how to PM....how do you do that, can you PM me?. Can you PM me without me giving my email on the open forum?
Dubaiwala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 06:17 AM   #91
manoj03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubaiwala View Post
Manoj, I have bought a property in Lavasa which is close to handover, I can help you, but I do not know how to PM....how do you do that, can you PM me?. Can you PM me without me giving my email on the open forum?
Hi Sir,

You can definitely pm me and the message will not be visible on the open forum. Single click on my user name above and it shows an option called send a private message. You can write your email id there. It will be visible only to me and not in an open forum.

Let me know in case you still cant figure it out..

Regards,
Manoj
manoj03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2010, 12:13 AM   #92
stinaikar

Lavasa Apartments

If anyone is interested in selling an apartment in Lavasa (resale only), I may be interested. Please contact me at [email protected] with asking price and property details. Thanks

Last edited by stinaikar; May 18th, 2017 at 04:37 PM.
stinaikar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2010, 03:11 AM   #93
Illusionist
India under construction.

Likes (Received): 1601

please people stop spamming this thread. it is not a real estate forum. if you have updates then please post them here.
btw all you guys work for lavasa? bad marketing man, these cheap tricks wont get you anything.
Old May 8th, 2010, 10:11 PM   #94
Effer
E Pluribus Unum

Likes (Received): 234

It's pretty cool to see a new city pop up. I love what they're doing with Lavasa.
Effer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2010, 05:57 AM   #95
gentem
BANNED

Cisco picks up stake in Lavasa-Wipro JV
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/6141483.cms

Lavasa, Cisco and Wipro Collaborate to Develop India's First Sustainable, Intelligent and Connected City
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/lav...k=MW_news_stmp

Lavasa ties-up with Cisco, Wipro
http://business.rediff.com/report/20...isco-wipro.htm

The Jetsons Arrive in Lavasa, Near Pune
http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2...asa-near-pune/
gentem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2010, 04:59 AM   #96
ImBoredNow
I have no life : (

Likes (Received): 194

Interesting article on Sify.com
Reema Shah wakes up to a shrill alarm bell in the sylvan surroundings of the Sahyadri Hills.
Sleepily, she taps a button on a touch panel at her beside. As if by magic, the security system is switched off, the lights are turned on, and the window blinds move to allow sunlight into the room.

She freshens up and comes back to the room, switching on her TV to take online Yoga lessons.

After 30 minutes, she gets ready to leave with her husband for work.

Before leaving, they view all the rooms from a control panel on the wall and run a pre-programmed routine which switches off all non-essential electric appliances, while simultaneously electronically fortifying the house.

They are finally ready to go.

Reema is still unsure if she switched off the geyser.

She whips her cellphone from her purse to check the status.

And, leaves in peace

If the scenario appears too distant for Indian families to digest, this is precisely what Lavasa Corporation - along with tech majors Cisco and Wipro Technologies - is promising at India's largest hill city, spread over 20,000 acres of area.

Lavasa is set amid seven hills and 60 km of lakefront.

A three-hour drive from Mumbai and an hour's drive from Pune, the city is a fourth the size of Mumbai.

Touted as India's first e-city, MyCity Technology - a joint venture set-up by Lavasa Corporation and Wipro - has signed a definitive agreement for Cisco to participate in its development.

The company said the quantum of equity stake of each partner was yet to be finalised.

Lavasa Corporation has already invested Rs 4,500 crore in developing the hill city.

Company officials said by this time next year, the capital expenditure would have touched Rs 6,000 crore.

Lavasa is planned for a population of around 300,000 residents and a tourist inflow of around two million annually over the next 10 years.

The first of five towns, Dasve, is slated to be ready by 2010-11.

Lavasa Corporation is a subsidiary of Hindustan Construction Corporation (HCC). HCC holds 65 per cent stake in the company, along with Avantha Group and Venkateshwara Hatcheries with 15 per cent and 12.5 per cent, respectively.

'Around 10 years back, this area was an ecological disaster,' says Ajit Gulabchand, Chairman of Lavasa Corporation, adding: 'When we started this project, I had around 12 per cent stake in the company.

'My initial partners did not believe in the potential and I had to buy their share and ended up with 65 per cent stake. Now, none of my current partners want to exit, since they believe in the project.'

Gulabchand recalls taking the help of consulting firm Accenture to narrow on the choice of a town planner.

'Accenture shortlisted six architects. We finally chose HOK - the world's largest architectural and engineering firm - which showed us what we could achieve,' he said.

Lavasa city's second town, Mugaon, will become the world's first region to draw inspiration from the concepts of biomimicry in design and architecture.

Biomimicry or biomimetics is the examination of nature, its models, systems, processes, and elements to emulate or take inspiration from in order to solve human problems.

The terms biomimicry and biomimetics come from the Greek words bios, meaning life, and mimesis, meaning to imitate.

'The idea,' explains Gulabchand, 'is to create communities with self-governance mechanisms.'

But the task was not easy.

'You just cannot create a city like this. I invited the Maharashtra chief minister and nearly half his cabinet to make them understand that if I were to get the required permissions, it would take me thousands of years.

'Even if I compromised my position in some cases, it would still take nearly 200 years. They understood my dilemma,' he says, after which Gulabchand managed to become the only private company to get a 'Special Planning Authority' status.

'We are no longer just a real-estate company. And, we cannot create a city without the help of partners and with the existing system. Hence, we plan to create a new model of public-private partnerships (PPPs) soon,' adds Gulabchand.

Cisco will be the preferred technology partner for ICT products and architecture and use its Smart+Connected Communities initiative and service delivery platform.

Wipro will provide its expertise in areas like city management services, e-governance, ICT infrastructure and value-added services, including proposing and implementing intelligent home solutions and digital lifestyles, according to Anurag Mehrotra, Vice President and Head Client Relationship Group, Wipro.

'Globally, 50 per cent of the population is urbanised; this will go up to 60 per cent. In India, this figure is 30 per cent.

'As cities continue to grow and expand, incorporating a smart city concept is a necessity. Cities and communities can be sustainable by embracing smart regulation and strategic public private partnerships, with technology as an enabler,' reasons Wim Elfrink, Chief Gloabalisation Officer and Executive Vice President, Cisco Services.

The potential is huge.

IT services alone in Lavasa are expected to be worth Rs 450 crore.

As part of the collaboration, for instance, Cisco will offer a digital experience delivered at residents at Lavasa, which will include internet services and email access on TV.

This will allow residents to use internet from their TV sets or to publish their classified ads on the Lavasa portal, if they wish to buy or sell anything.

Residents will be able to host such services under the Lavasa domain.

Digital experiences will allow residents to create their own media library - store music, family photos and videos.

Some of the key initiatives under MyCity are setting up the largest GPON-based network implementation in the country, providing e-governance and city management solutions, data centre, telecom infrastructure, high speed internet connectivity and Wi-Fi services.

It will also encompass services like electronic security and surveillance system, including ICT solutions for tourists, commercial and residential.

Lavasa has commitments from global players.

In the hospitality segment, Accor, ITC and Hilton have tied up with it.

In health and wellness, Apollo Hospitals has signed up.

In the education sector, Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne-Switzerland has started its operations. While others like International Business Relations-Germany and NSHM Knowledge Park have tied up.

Lavasa will also have an out-of the world experience with SpaceWorld - a 65-acre edutainment park powered by technology from the USSRC (US Space and Rocket Centre) - offering a space-like experience to visitors.

Gulabchand hopes it will be operational soon.

'Managing such a city will be a humungous task,' says Gulabchand, adding: 'It's for this very purpose that we have created a 'City Management Office' with the help of Cisco and Wipro.
ImBoredNow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 11:58 AM   #97
bluesapphire

Likes (Received): 3

This Diwali we are planning to visit Lavasa for few days.
Can any one give me some details like what is there in Lavasa for tourism & how many days are sufficient. Also the tariffs of Hotels if possible & is there any restricted entry like Amby Valley only for owners or is it open for all.
I am also looking for some investment there.

Please help as soon as possible.
Thanks.
bluesapphire no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2010, 08:24 PM   #98
cncity

Likes (Received): 151

MGM, Lavasa ink MoU to set up amusement park

The roaring lion ‚€” the legendary logo of global entertainment giant MGM ‚€” is entering India‚€™s amusement park space for the first time. Mumbai-based Lavasa Corporation (a subsidiary of HCC Ltd) has inked a memorandum of understanding with MGM Studios to set up a theme park in Lonavala, 45 km from Pune. The project carries an investment tag of over $100 million (Rs 440 crore).

While the franchise agreement is for 25 years, Lavasa will have exclusive use of MGM properties across the country for a yet undisclosed period. Under the deal, the HCC subsidiary can set up theme parks based on over 450 properties owned by MGM, including the popular James Bond and Pink Panther.

The first park will be spread over 65-70 acres in Lavasa, which is being built as an alternate hill station. The company is planning to set up a special purpose vehicle and, if needed, will also rope in a financial partner to execute the project.

A spokesperson for Lavasa, when contacted, however, declined to comment on the tie-up or the company‚€™s foray into amusement parks.

MGM has been in the theme park business for many years in a tie-up with Disney, which came to an end a few years ago. Apart from India, it has been concentrating on new markets like China, South Korea and West Asia to build its amusement park franchise business.

MGM has been present in the country through the distribution of its entertainment channels on television. It also used to own theatre houses, one of which was located in Kolkata.

The financially-strapped studio business of the MGM group, which has been looking for buyers, has invited interest from Indian players like Anil Ambani‚€™s Reliance-ADAG and Subrata Roy‚€™s Sahara group, which is believed to have made a $2-billion buyout offer.

MGM is currently controlled by creditors and hedge funds that bought the studio‚€™s $4-billion debt from banks for around $2.4 billion, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Lavasa has also tied up with US space research organisation Nasa and is setting up a space amusement centre at the same location.

http://sify.com/finance/mgm-lavasa-i...tbFjhdbgf.html

~~~~~~ Pune, India ~~~~~~ North Mumbai, India ~~~~~~
cncity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 09:11 AM   #99
stpete

Stay order on Lavasa

The environ. min has put a stay order on work in Lavasa... Source: CNBC India
Old November 26th, 2010, 01:11 PM   #100
studdmanster
<!error detected>

Likes (Received): 21702

why?...and that too after such a long time???...was Mr. Ramesh sleeping till date?
studdmanster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement