The New NFL Stadium in Inglewood - Page 104 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > West Coast and Interior West > Local Forums > Los Angeles

Los Angeles » Development News | Transportation | Greater L.A. Area

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 17th, 2016, 04:06 AM   #2061
Saiholmes

Likes (Received): 5352

Quote:

Stan Kroenke got inspiration for Rams’ stadium from Vikings’ venue

Los Angeles Rams owner Stan Kroenke expects his team’s new stadium to be the best in the world. In the meantime, he sure likes U.S. Bank Stadium.

Kroenke visited the Vikings’ new venue for a Sept. 1 preseason game. He spent plenty of time walking around before the game looking for ideas that possibly could be used for the temporarily named City of Champions Stadium, which will open in Inglewood, Calif., in 2019, and is projected to cost $2.66 billion.

U.S. Bank Stadium, which cost $1.1 billion, was designed by HKS Architects in Dallas, the same firm doing the Rams’ stadium. In an interview with the Pioneer Press, Kroenke said the use of ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (EFTE), a fluorine-based clear plastic that covers half the U.S. Bank roof, played a role in architects using the same material for the roof of the Los Angeles-area stadium.

“It’s really beautiful,’’ Kroenke said of U.S. Bank. “We looked at a lot of things in detail. … I like the ability when the light comes in. That’s called ETFE …. We have a lot of that. We’re using it in L.A. in a different way.
http://www.twincities.com/2016/10/16...kings-us-bank/

Old October 21st, 2016, 05:38 AM   #2062
Saiholmes

Quote:

Excavation for the Rams' stadium could begin in just weeks

The start of excavation for the Rams’ $2.6-billion stadium in Inglewood may be weeks away.

“We’re moving to try and get into construction sometime in the next month,” Gerard McCallum II, project manager for the Hollywood Park Land Co., said Wednesday.

In another sign of progress on the project at the 298-acre site, the Federal Aviation Administration this week approved the first of several pieces of heavy equipment to be used during construction.

The FAA determined that a 110-foot-tall LB 44 rotary drill rig won’t pose a hazard to air navigation. Six other applications are pending with the FAA for large cranes to be used for the stadium project.

Infrastructure work at the site has been going on for the last year and a half. The excavation will be the most dramatic sign of progress on the stadium that’s expected to be sunk at least 100 feet into the ground.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...nap-story.html
Old October 28th, 2016, 08:36 AM   #2063
Saiholmes

Quote:

Owner Stan Kroenke on Los Angeles Rams: 'We're competitive'

On his stroll Friday with his German shepherd, E. Stanley Kroenke briefly chatted with The Associated Press about his football team the Los Angeles Rams ("we're competitive," he said), his Barclays Premier League soccer squad Arsenal ("I'm there every month") and what occupies his time these days ("How do I spend my time? I spend my time on my businesses and my family").

On the new stadium front, Kroenke said that developers appear on pace to open the 70,000-seat, clear-roofed football stadium in Inglewood, California, in August 2019. The stadium will serve as the main attraction of a sprawling campus that includes a 6,000-seat theater, about 2,500 residential units, 895,000 square feet of retail space, a 300-room hotel and office space. There will also be at least 25 acres of parks, playgrounds and green space.

"We're building a small city to the centerpiece of which is a great, big stadium," said Kroenke, whose name, E. Stanley, is an ode to baseball icons Enos Slaughter and Stan Musial.
http://www.dailyprogress.com/owner-s...540ce9fb3.html
Saiholmes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 6th, 2016, 07:24 PM   #2064
pesto

Likes (Received): 4194

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la...story,amp.html

Farmer runs in too many long-shot scenarios (Raiders to SD?) but he is right that there is some fuzziness about what happens if (when?) the SD proposal loses. It's either move to Inglewood or give it one more try in SD.

Meanwhile the Raiders are still possible if LV is blocked for some reason.

metrocity789 liked this post
pesto está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2016, 11:39 PM   #2065
croyboy

Likes (Received): 319

Moving the Raiders to LV is a safer investment than moving them to SD. An even safer bet than those options would be to move them back to LA.

As for the Chargers, they would be despised in LA (whether the Rams were here already or not). And I really don't see them gaining fans by moving anywhere else... Maybe OC, but I wouldn't be surprised if fans adopted the Chargers almost completely be out of spite for Los Angeles based teams. To be fair (kinda), I think that might be the same reason LA fans won't adopt the SD Chargers.

Saiholmes liked this post
croyboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2016, 05:58 AM   #2066
Saiholmes

https://twitter.com/nathanfenno?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Old November 11th, 2016, 06:40 AM   #2067
pesto

Quote:
Originally Posted by croyboy View Post
Moving the Raiders to LV is a safer investment than moving them to SD. An even safer bet than those options would be to move them back to LA.

As for the Chargers, they would be despised in LA (whether the Rams were here already or not). And I really don't see them gaining fans by moving anywhere else... Maybe OC, but I wouldn't be surprised if fans adopted the Chargers almost completely be out of spite for Los Angeles based teams. To be fair (kinda), I think that might be the same reason LA fans won't adopt the SD Chargers.
Just in: the NFL has just announced that it will allow the Raiders to move to LV but will grant Oakland a new franchise to be named The Oakland Looters. They will play most of their games late at night in various downtown locations.
Old November 12th, 2016, 12:14 AM   #2068
Saiholmes

Quote:

Rams to break ground on $2.6 billion Inglewood stadium Thursday

The Los Angeles Rams will break ground on their $2.6 billion stadium in Inglewood, California, during a ceremony at 11 a.m. PT Thursday.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, Rams owner Stan Kroenke and Inglewood mayor James Butts will all be in attendance.

The 70,000-seat stadium and an adjacent, 6,000-seat performance venue will be the centerpiece of a 298-acre, mixed-use development on the site of the old Hollywood Park racetrack, set to be completed for the 2019 season. The Rams are playing at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in the meantime.

The ceremony will mark the start of digging for a 100-foot-deep hole where the stadium will reside. Ultimately the venue will also include a hotel, office space, retail and housing. It is scheduled to host the Super Bowl in 2021 and is in the running to host the 2024 Summer Olympics.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ewood-thursday
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...110-story.html

metrocity789, PinPeat liked this post
Old November 18th, 2016, 04:56 AM   #2069
Saiholmes

Quote:

Los Angeles Rams break ground on $2.6-billion Inglewood stadium, 'new era' of NFL

With more than 100 invited guests in attendance — politicians, media, members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame and even NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell — Kroenke and others plunged shiny silver shovels into a pile of dirt and extolled the virtues of a privately financed stadium that’s expected to cost more than any other.

“This thing is going to be unbelievable,” Kroenke said. “I don’t think people really understand the scale of this.”

“For the first time, we have a true indoor/outdoor venue. … It’s totally unique in the world,” said Mark Williams, who heads the sports and entertainment division at stadium architect HKS.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/l...117-story.html

Finally it all starts falling in place.

metrocity789, milquetoast, PinPeat liked this post

Last edited by Saiholmes; November 18th, 2016 at 05:10 AM.
Old November 18th, 2016, 02:03 PM   #2070
milquetoast
L O S A N G E L E S

Likes (Received): 2049

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiholmes View Post

Finally it all starts falling in place.
Yeah ..... it's a dream.

PinPeat, Saiholmes liked this post
milquetoast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2016, 06:05 AM   #2071
Saiholmes

Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
Yeah ..... it's a dream.
Now it's gonna take a while. However, it will happen and it will be huge. It could also be home to the Chargers and the UCLA football team. One potential problem facing the Rose Bowl in the near future is the new NFL stadium. It does make more sense that way.

Last edited by Saiholmes; November 19th, 2016 at 06:46 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2016, 05:56 AM   #2072
Yackemflaber68

Likes (Received): 190

Fire Jeff Fisher!!!!!!!!!

Yackemflaber68 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2016, 06:46 AM   #2073
Saiholmes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yackemflaber68 View Post
Fire Jeff Fisher!!!!!!!!!
He deserved getting fired. No question about it.
Old November 23rd, 2016, 06:48 AM   #2074
Yackemflaber68

Hes ruined the return to LA
Old November 23rd, 2016, 06:53 AM   #2075
Saiholmes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yackemflaber68 View Post
Hes ruined the return to LA
However his contract end this year. We should just forget about this guy and move on. Actually, I don't think Jared Goff will be that ready in year 1.
Old November 24th, 2016, 01:39 AM   #2076
pesto

Quote:
Now it's gonna take a while. However, it will happen and it will be huge. It could also be home to the Chargers and the UCLA football team. One potential problem facing the Rose Bowl in the near future is the new NFL stadium. It does make more sense that way.
How is that a problem for the Rose Bowl? They have UCLA very long-term and some other games and don't want a pro team. They also have concerts, flea markets, etc. They don't compete for events requiring a roof.

I suspect they will also get soccer from British sides other than Arsenal.
Old November 24th, 2016, 04:49 AM   #2077
Saiholmes

It seems to me that the Rose Bowl is too far away for UCLA's students. In addition, it is simply too big a venue for the UCLA football team. But I think they would have to wait until their contract ended before they could move on. Such a transformation might take a long time to complete. It is too hard to speculate when.
Old November 24th, 2016, 06:45 AM   #2078
Yackemflaber68

I think Kroenke and Demoff's heads are so far up their own asses they'll probably keep Fisher around until the new stadium is complete.
Old November 24th, 2016, 09:12 AM   #2079
pesto

Quote:
It seems to me that the Rose Bowl is too far away for UCLA's students. In addition, it is simply too big a venue for the UCLA football team. But I think they would have to wait until their contract ended before they could move on. Such a transformation might take a long time to complete. It is too hard to speculate when.
I agree that the RB is too far away, but UCLA is tied there until 2042 and is on the management committee for the RB.

Old November 27th, 2016, 07:09 PM   #2080
pesto

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ch...m-deal-in-l-a/

Chargers may be on the way to Inglewood.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement