Life in China 生活在中國 - Page 125 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > General Photography

General Photography General discussions on photography and non urban photos

Old October 11th, 2019, 03:47 PM   #2481
bd popeye

Likes (Received): 17940

A staff member works at the Ri Xing Type Foundry in Taipei, Oct. 10, 2019. The Ri Xing Type Foundry, established in 1969, is an old-school foundry offering custom metal stamping services using traditional Chinese typography, the only one of its kind in the city. (Photo: China News Service/Zhang Yuan)

Tourists visit the Ri Xing Type Foundry in Taipei, Oct. 10, 2019. (Photos: China News Service/Zhang Yuan)

August 1971 - August 1991

I yam what I yam!

Chinese Around the World Daily Photos!!!| SSC

Today's United States Navy...| SSC

Old Pics New York City! | SSC

Katarzyna DJ liked this post
bd popeye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 11th, 2019, 04:00 PM   #2482
bd popeye

Tourists across the country visit the Shengjin Tower Temple Fair, in Nanchang, East China's Jiangxi province, on Oct 4, 2019. [Photo/IC]

This pair of pets is poised to participate with their owners in a 2.8-kilometer race dubbed the 2019 Shenzhen Pet Marathon in South China's Guangdong province, on Oct 4, 2019. [Photo/China News Service]

A performer dances in the fire, which is listed among provincial intangible cultural heritage, to celebrate the harvest in Pan'an county, Jinhua, East China's Zhejiang province, on Oct 8, 2019. [Photo/IC]

A woman reads in a book mall in China's Urumqi, Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region, on Oct 4, 2019. [Photo/IC]

A girl holds a mini national flag to celebrate the nation's 70th anniversary, at Tian'anmen Square in Beijing, on Oct 3, 2019. [Photo/VCG]

Tourists gather to enjoy the light show at the Bund in Shanghai, on Oct 2, 2019. [Photo/IC]

I yam what I yam!

Old October 11th, 2019, 04:01 PM   #2483
bd popeye

The model of Ziyun Pavilion, which measures 2 meters long, 1 meter wide and 0.7 meters tall, is seen at a Lego store in Xi'an, Shaanxi province, Oct 7, 2019. [...all Photos/IC]

A toy block model of an ancient Chinese building, valued at 140,000 yuan, has gone on display in Xi'an, Northwest China's Shaanxi province.

The replica, which resembles Ziyun Pavilion at Tang Paradise Theme Park in Xi'an, took 920 hours to build using Lego blocks.

I yam what I yam!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 11th, 2019, 04:11 PM   #2484
bd popeye

Upcoming Splendid China: China Intangible Cultural Heritage Fashion Shows will highlight traditional Chinese craftsmanship. [Photo by Jiang Dong/China Daily]

A series of fashion shows aiming to revive traditional Chinese craftsmanship will be staged Oct 18-24 in Jiangshan Park in Beijing, according to a news conference Friday.

The upcoming Splendid China: China Intangible Cultural Heritage Fashion Shows has been initiated by Prince Kung's Mansion Museum in Beijing and supported by the China National Textile and Apparel Council, Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology, China Fashion Week organizing committee, and several other institutions.

The 13 fashion shows will feature traditional embroideries, silverware, handmade dyes, porcelain, and many other intangible cultural heritages, particularly those from non-Han ethnic groups.

I yam what I yam!

Old October 12th, 2019, 02:45 PM   #2485
bd popeye

Photos taken on Oct. 12, 2019 shows an international universities dragon boat race held in Suiyang County, Southwest China's Guizhou Province.

Over 360 students from 23 universities including Stanford University, the University of Sydney, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Fu Jen Catholic University, Peking University and Tsinghua University competed in the race. (Photos: China News Service/Qu Honglun)

I yam what I yam!

Old October 12th, 2019, 02:52 PM   #2486
bd popeye

Photographs of renderings of the renovated Gonggar Airport in Lhasa, capital of Southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region. The renovation project achieved a milestone on Friday as concrete works of Terminal 3, the largest in the autonomous region, were completed. (Photos provided to China News Service)

A groundbreaking ceremony is held to mark a milestone in renovating Gonggar Airport in Lhasa, capital of Southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region, Oct. 11, 2019. (Photo: China News Service/Zhao Lang)

The renovation underway at the Gonggar Airport in Lhasa, capital of Southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region. The renovation project achieved a milestone on Friday as concrete works of Terminal 3, the largest in the autonomous region, were completed. (Photos provided to China News Service)

I yam what I yam!

Old October 12th, 2019, 02:57 PM   #2487
bd popeye

Women of Dong ethnic group participate a fishing contest in a rice field in Sanjiang Dong Autonomous County, Liuzhou City, South China’s Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, Oct. 11, 2019.(Photos: China News Service/Wu LianXun)

Over 100 women also competed in harvesting rice in the contest organized by the women’s federation in the county. Locals raise fish in the rice field to improve the quality of rice and boost the income. (Photos: China News Service/Wu LianXun)

I yam what I yam!

Old October 12th, 2019, 03:05 PM   #2488
bd popeye

People experience a smart vehicle at the China International Digital Economy Expo (CIDEE) in Shijiazhuang, north China's Hebei Province, Oct. 11, 2019. (Xinhua/Wang Xiao)

People watch a 5G driverless sweeping vehicle at the China International Digital Economy Expo (CIDEE) in Shijiazhuang, north China's Hebei Province, Oct. 11, 2019. (Xinhua/Wang Xiao)

People experience VR at the China International Digital Economy Expo (CIDEE) in Shijiazhuang, north China's Hebei Province, Oct. 11, 2019. (Xinhua/Wang Xiao)

A staff member shows a wearable phone at the China International Digital Economy Expo (CIDEE) in Shijiazhuang, north China's Hebei Province, Oct. 11, 2019. (Xinhua/Wang Xiao)

People try out 5G smart cars at the China International Digital Economy Expo (CIDEE) in Shijiazhuang, north China's Hebei Province, Oct. 11, 2019. (Xinhua/Wang Xiao)

People visit the China International Digital Economy Expo (CIDEE) in Shijiazhuang, north China's Hebei Province, Oct. 11, 2019. (Xinhua/Wang Xiao)

I yam what I yam!

Old October 12th, 2019, 03:19 PM   #2489
bd popeye

Jianre Yixi prepares to fly a helicopter in southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region, Aug. 7, 2019. The Qinghai-Tibet Plateau was once known as a "no-fly zone" and it was extremely difficult to fly helicopters there. Now, after professional and intensive training, the first batch of young Tibetans has flown civilian helicopters to the Mt. Qomolangma base camp. Jianre Yixi is from an impoverished herdsman family in Damxung County, Tibet. In 2016, Jianre Yixi, a student at Lhasa's No. 2 Secondary Vocational and Technical School, received a call to change her fate when a company selected pilots from poverty-stricken families. After studying more than 10 theoretical courses and hundreds of hours of intensive training, Jianre Yixi spent one year learning the flight skills and successfully obtained a commercial helicopter flight license.

Jianre Yixi (2nd R) flies paper plane with siblings in southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region, July 13, 2019.

Jianre Yixi talks with a herdsman in southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region, July 13, 2019.

Jianre Yixi walks before a helicopter in southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region, Aug. 7, 2019.

"The cost of training a pilot exceeds 1 million yuan (140,942 U.S. dollars), which is entirely covered by the government and enterprises. This has changed her destiny and that of her family. Once I flew a helicopter back to Damxung on a mission, the villagers praised me as a fairy flying into the blue sky and a pride of Damxung," she said. (....all photos Xinhua/Sun Fei)

I yam what I yam!

Old October 13th, 2019, 09:07 PM   #2490
bd popeye

A visitor takes photos of a 5G robot at the China International Digital Economy Expo (CIDEE) in Shijiazhuang, north China's Hebei Province, Oct. 11, 2019. (Xinhua/Wang Xiao)

A visitor tries 5G intelligent skiing through VR at the China International Digital Economy Expo (CIDEE) in Shijiazhuang, north China's Hebei Province, Oct. 11, 2019. (Xinhua/Wang Xiao)

A staff member demonstrates 5G intelligent driving at the China International Digital Economy Expo (CIDEE) in Shijiazhuang, north China's Hebei Province, Oct. 11, 2019. (Xinhua/Wang Xiao)

A staff member demonstrates 5G remote control autonomous driving at the China International Digital Economy Expo (CIDEE) in Shijiazhuang, north China's Hebei Province, Oct. 11, 2019.(Xinhua/Wang Xiao)

A visitor tries 5G intelligent racing through VR at the China International Digital Economy Expo (CIDEE) in Shijiazhuang, north China's Hebei Province, Oct. 11, 2019. (Xinhua/Wang Xiao)

I yam what I yam!

Old October 13th, 2019, 09:24 PM   #2491
bd popeye

Jia Wenjing feeds a cat at her client's home in Beijing, March 14, 2019. Jia is paid to take care of cats left at home while their owners travel. [Photo/IC]

Jia sorts out orders at home in Beijing, March 14, 2019. [Photo/IC]

Investment opportunities will emerge in the niche market of the pet industry in China, as more young pet lovers are changing their habits in terms of pet care, said the Beijing news, citing an industry insider.

Jia holds a cat at home in Beijing, March 14, 2019. [Photo/IC]

Apart from pet foster services at pet stores or hotels, pet lovers have the extra option of door-to-door service to look after their pets when they leave for trips, such as during the past weeklong National Day holiday.

Jia plays with the cat at her client's home in Beijing, March 14, 2019. [Photo/IC]

The door-to-door service includes feeding, changing water, cleaning up waste matter and playing with the pet for 10 minutes, said a cat owner, who spent 35 yuan per day for the service during her holiday.

The pet market size will reach 1 trillion yuan in next 10 years, said the industry insider.

I yam what I yam!

Old October 13th, 2019, 09:30 PM   #2492
bd popeye

A visitor looks at a painting by Zhang Daqian (1899-1983) at Sotheby's Hong Kong Gallery in Hong Kong, Oct 11, 2019. Through Nov 9, around 60 of the late Chinese art master's paintings, sourced from his family and private collectors around the world, are on exhibition in celebration of the 120th anniversary of his birthday. Zhang, prized for his detailed portraits and splashed-ink landscapes, is one of the best-known Chinese artists of the 20th century. [Photo/Xinhua]

A visitor takes photos of Zhang Daqian's paintings on display at Sotheby's Hong Kong Gallery on Oct 11, 2019. [Photo/Xinhua]

Zhang Daqian, prized for his detailed portraits and splashed-ink landscapes. is one of the best-known Chinese artists of the 20th century. [Photo/Xinhua]

I yam what I yam!

Old October 13th, 2019, 09:39 PM   #2493
bd popeye

Performers put on Chinese traditional opera shows to audiences during 2019 Chinese Opera Culture Week, held in Beijing Garden Expo Park, Fengtai district from Oct 2 to 8.[Photo provided to China Daily]

The seven-day 2019 Chinese Opera Culture Week, which ended on Oct 8, attracted around 190,000 visitors to Beijing Garden Expo Park to enjoy the beauty of the traditional arts.

According to the government of Fengtai district, where the park is located, up to 2,300 performers have given 370 shows during the culture week.

Those shows have included 23 types of Chinese traditional opera.

Opera lovers got a chance to communicate closely with professional performers during the period.

I yam what I yam!

Old October 14th, 2019, 02:09 PM   #2494
bd popeye

China's first domestically-built polar icebreaker Xuelong 2 will berth at Shenzhen Shekou Cruise Homeport from Oct 13 to 15 and open to the public for one and a half days. [Photo/VCG]

Xuelong 2 is open to the public for one and a half days during its berth at Shenzhen Shekou Cruise Homeport from Oct 13 to 15. [Photo/VCG]

Visitors take a selfie in front of Xuelong 2 at Shenzhen Shekou Cruise Homeport, on Oct 13, 2019. [Photo/VCG]

I yam what I yam!

Old October 14th, 2019, 02:15 PM   #2495
bd popeye

A cultural festival featuring guoxue, the study of traditional Chinese thought and culture, opens Oct 12, 2019, at the Confucius Temple and the Guozijian (imperial college) Museum in Beijing. [Photos provided to chinadaily.com.cn]

The event, which runs until Oct 18, will feature 39 wide-ranging cultural activities including exhibitions, lectures and experiential programs, aiming to promote traditional Chinese cultural values and thought. This marks the seventh time the event has taken place.

I yam what I yam!

Old October 14th, 2019, 02:22 PM   #2496
bd popeye

Theatrical Guilin was staged at the National Center for the Performing Arts in Beijing on Sept 25 and 26. [Photo provided to China Daily]

A performer applies makeup.

A Guiju opera show called Theatrical Guilin was staged at the National Center for the Performing Arts in Beijing on Sept 25 and 26.

The traditional Chinese opera, which is popular in the Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region, emerged during Ming Dynasty (1368-1644).

Theatrical Guilin, directed by Li Zhuoqun and presented by the Guilin Intangible Cultural Heritage Conservation and Inheritance Centre, featured three classic Guiju Opera pieces, including Romance of the Jade Bracelet.

I yam what I yam!

Old October 14th, 2019, 02:30 PM   #2497
bd popeye

Photos taken on Oct. 13, 2019 shows the HKTDC Hong Kong Electronics Fair (Autumn Edition) at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre.

The autumn edition, the world’s largest electronics marketplace, features over 3,740 exhibitors from 20 countries and regions. It showcases innovative electronics and cutting-edge technologies from around the world, capturing the attention of global buyers. (Photos: China News Service/Zhang Wei)

I yam what I yam!

Old October 14th, 2019, 02:39 PM   #2498
bd popeye

Han cultural activities have frequently been organized by hanfu aficionados in recent years to promote the traditional culture and clothes of Han people. [Photos provided to China Daily]

In 2018, the Central Committee of the Communist Youth League of China set the third day of the third month of the Chinese lunar calendar, traditionally the birthday of the Chinese people's mythological ancestor the Yellow Emperor, as the annual Traditional Chinese Garment Day. Since then, the beauty of hanfu has gained more and more recognition and acceptance by common people.

A girl presents a Han-style clothing during a children's fashion show in Nanjing city, Jiangsu province, Aug 10, 2019. [Photo/VCG]

Generally, hanfu refers to traditional Chinese garments worn by the Han ethnic group before the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911). Historically, Han Chinese clothing has also influenced some of its neighboring cultural costumes, including the Japanese kimono, Korean hanbok, and clothing of Mongolia, Vietnam and Bhutan.

Su embroidery works on display at the National Art Museum of China in Beijing, July 19, 2019. [Photo/Xinhua]
Su embroidery

Suxiu, or Su embroidery, is a style of traditional Chinese craft found in the areas around Suzhou, Jiangsu province, and has a history of some 2,000 years. Su embroidery usually depicts nature and the environment, such as flowers, birds, animals and carefully sculpted gardens, and it often decorates fans, sachets and clothing. The art form was listed as national intangible cultural heritage in 2006.

Filigree and inlay works on display at the Cultural Palace of Nationalities in Beijing, Aug 28, 2019. Filigree and inlay is a traditional palace craft applied to gold and silver, usually to create jewelry and ornaments.[Photo/Xinhua]

A model shows a Han-style clothing using kesi weaving technique during a fashion show in Shanghai, Aug 30, 2019. [Photo/Xinhua]
Kesi weaving technique

Kesi is a silk weaving technique prized for creating elaborate silk tapestries with intricate cut designs resembling carved artwork, and it has its origins in the Yangtze River Delta city of Suzhou. The technique mainly entails using old wood machines and bamboo-made shuttles and plectrums to weave multicolored silk threads into a colorful fabric. The technique, listed as national intangible cultural heritage in 2006, is always seen on fans.

I yam what I yam!

Old October 15th, 2019, 03:01 PM   #2499
bd popeye

Volunteers for the First World Internet Conference in 2014 pose for a photo in their blue and white porcelain-patterned uniforms on Nov 17, 2014. [Photo/VCG]

Volunteers in blue and white long-sleeve qipao uniforms are on duty in Wuzhen, East China's Zhejiang province on Dec 15, 2015. [Photo/VCG]

Volunteers in phoenix-patterned qipao-style uniforms pose for a selfie in Wuzhen, East China's Zhejiang province on Nov 16, 2016, the first day of the Third World Internet Conference. [Photo/VCG]

Volunteers in uniforms styled with Wuzhen elements practice their bows for the Fourth World Internet Conference in 2017. [Photo/VCG]

Volunteers dance on the stage before the Sixth World Internet Conference's opening ceremony in Wuzhen, East China's Zhejiang province, Oct 13, 2019. [Photo/IC]

Volunteers pose in sapphire blue uniform dresses for the Fifth World Internet Conference on Nov 1, 2018. [Photo/VCG]

I yam what I yam!

Old October 15th, 2019, 03:08 PM   #2500
bd popeye

People visit a photography exhibition featuring ethnic minority customs in Taipei, southeast China's Taiwan, Oct. 14, 2019.

A photography exhibition featuring ethnic minority customs kicked off here Monday on which over 100 photographs showing spectacular landscape and colorful ethnic customs were exhibited. (Xinhua/Chen Bin)

I yam what I yam!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement