The New Muthaiga Shopping Mall - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Kenya > Projects, Construction and General Discussion > Nairobi Metro Region

Nairobi Metro Region Projects and construction in the Nairobi Metropolitan Region

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 29th, 2011, 03:02 PM   #1
desert burner
real gooner

Likes (Received): 48

The New Muthaiga Shopping Mall

The New Muthaiga Shopping Centre is an exclusive purpose built convenience centre. with serene atmosphere sorrounded by large gardens and running water fountains.
The centre is 85% occupied and currently houses: a supermarket, green grocer, butchery, pharmavy, beauty centre, yoga and holistic centre and many many more.
The Mall is ideally located at the junction of Thigiri Ridge Road and Thigiri Close, in the up market area of New Muthaiga, at a walking distance from the United Nations Headquarts and the American Embassy
Facilities:
Well lit, secure ample parking (upto 500 cars)
Back up generator and voltage stabilizer and thus provision of a healthy power supply at all times
Borehole
Large garden and recreational area
Children's play area

http://www.crystalvaluers.com/index....rent&Itemid=92
desert burner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 10th, 2011, 03:48 PM   #2
desert burner
real gooner

Likes (Received): 48

this one is in Thigiri ridge close, so those from that side can give as more info later
desert burner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 04:14 PM   #3
ernestombayo7
Veteran

Likes (Received): 407

Thanx DB,photos of this mall have been elusive.No one seems to be able to get the photos even though it was completed last year.
Advertisement

Old May 11th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #4
max0

Likes (Received): 49

the mall looks too ugly for muthaiga
max0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2011, 02:14 PM   #5
ernestombayo7
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by max0 View Post
the mall looks too ugly for muthaiga
Its too plain.
Old May 11th, 2011, 10:56 PM   #6
MkateWaMayai
goes well with Clove Tea

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernestombayo7 View Post
Thanx DB,photos of this mall have been elusive.No one seems to be able to get the photos even though it was completed last year.
dude dont worry - I pass this frequently and it is not worth taking pictures! Probably the worst mall in Nairobi. Total jua kali. It was basically a former school, now converted into a mall. Owned by the same owner as Diamond Plaza in Parklands. If you've been to that, than that should tell you all you need to know.... By the way, they've built a huge extension to DP, and tenants have begun moving in

anyway, I'm laughing at the description of the New Muthaiga mall. Ati walking distance from UN. Thats a load of crap - its 3km away. Parking for upto 500 cars. This is even more crap - I would estimate less than 100. The large garden - well this currently exists, as it was the former schools' playground. But I know they are soon to start construction on this - yep, an extension to this 'mall'!!
MkateWaMayai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2011, 11:10 PM   #7
ernestombayo7
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MkateWaMayai View Post
dude dont worry - I pass this frequently and it is not worth taking pictures! Probably the worst mall in Nairobi. Total jua kali. It was basically a former school, now converted into a mall. Owned by the same owner as Diamond Plaza in Parklands. If you've been to that, than that should tell you all you need to know.... By the way, they've built a huge extension to DP, and tenants have begun moving in

anyway, I'm laughing at the description of the New Muthaiga mall. Ati walking distance from UN. Thats a load of crap - its 3km away. Parking for upto 500 cars. This is even more crap - I would estimate less than 100. The large garden - well this currently exists, as it was the former schools' playground. But I know they are soon to start construction on this - yep, an extension to this 'mall'!!
Lol! you made my day.If it looks like DP,then its really nothing to write home about.
Old May 13th, 2011, 02:46 PM   #8
Kenguy

Likes (Received): 3247

Quote:
Originally Posted by MkateWaMayai View Post
Total jua kali.
Nakufeel. +1.
Old May 15th, 2011, 08:47 PM   #9
Gikomba

Likes (Received): 0

Totally Misplaced

I know this building, even calling it a mall, is mis-stating the obvious. Actually it was an old building that used to be either a school or something, then some developers painted it over, added a few glass and started leasing it out.

My aunt has a clothes business inside the place, and the managing Muhindi has hiked the rent twice since Jan 2010.

The location is great but the building is old, and Thigiri ridge rd is accessible only by private cars, what they advertise about walking to the UN is totally overstated, it's far.

The reason they call it New Muthaiga Mall, is the fact that the location is called New Muthaiga, I just call it Kitisuru.

G

Last edited by Gikomba; May 15th, 2011 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Additional info
Gikomba no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 11:27 AM   #10
musir

Likes (Received): 222

Not a 21st century architecture....
musir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement