SBMA eyes 100-km Manila-Subic expressway, rail line - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Railways

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 20th, 2016, 10:34 AM   #1
Bahay_Kubo
IntellectuallyStimulating

Likes (Received): 510

SBMA eyes 100-km Manila-Subic expressway, rail line

SBMA eyes 100-km Manila-Subic expressway, rail line
By Louella Desiderio and Perseus Echeminada (The Philippine Star) | Updated December 19, 2016 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines – The Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA) is drawing up a plan with the Department of Transportation for a P100-billion elevated expressway-railway from the Port of Subic to Port Area, Manila.

In a statement, SBMA chairman Martin Diņo said it was time to “shift the momentum of development” toward Subic and Clark Freeport zones and decongest the ports and traffic in Metro Manila in the process.

Diņo said the indicative cost of the proposed multi-modal 100-kilometer coastal highway was equivalent to only 34 days of cumulative business losses resulting from traffic congestion in the metropolis.

Construction of the project, he said, could be completed in 48 months.

Diņo said the proposal gained the support of Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade. The next step would be to ask for Malacaņang’s approval so the project could be included for financing under the Philippine-China Framework of Cooperation.

“It would speed up the movement of goods in and out of the Port of Manila to serve its giant market of 20 million consumers,” Diņo said.

<snipped>
Bahay_Kubo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 20th, 2016, 11:22 AM   #2
le Reine
Finding destiny

Likes (Received): 2932

Parang nabuhay si Abaya sa bagong DOTC. Nakikita ko na naman ang word na "eyes".

saintm, Tokyo/Manila liked this post
le Reine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2016, 12:16 PM   #3
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 10465

Though this one is being "eyed" by SBMA.

Ang concern ko dito, SCTEx today is still underutilized.

Tapos elevated road-rail ALL THE WAY? for USD 2B++ only?

PRRD, #SONA2019
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 20th, 2016, 01:48 PM   #4
le Reine
Finding destiny

Likes (Received): 2932

Quote:
Originally Posted by absinthe_888 View Post

Diba? Malabong mangyari ito talaga. Sana lang yung mga government agency kung maglalabas sila ng mga statements dapat responsible and yung mangyayari na, hindi yun paaasahin ka lang.
le Reine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2016, 02:59 PM   #5
lochinvar

Likes (Received): 922

Merchandise to be delivered from one port to another port? Weird.
lochinvar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2016, 03:15 AM   #6
McMarco

Likes (Received): 905

It would be better if they develop the PNR line to Batangas first. IMO Batangas port has more cargo (not to mention passenger) traffic there.
Old December 21st, 2016, 04:25 AM   #7
absinthe_888

Quote:
Originally Posted by le Reine View Post
Diba? Malabong mangyari ito talaga. Sana lang yung mga government agency kung maglalabas sila ng mga statements dapat responsible and yung mangyayari na, hindi yun paaasahin ka lang.
Alam mo yan ang kinaiinis ko sa mga opisyal ng gobyerno. Kung makapag PR [Press Release / Public Relations], WAGAS.

===

McMarco is right - develop the defunct Batangas branch line first. Passenger/cargo rail.

Sakay ka ng tren, baka sa Batangas Pier, sakay Fastcraft pa-Galera.

Daming aangal na bus companies dito.

PRRD, #SONA2019

kaelthas18, roydex liked this post
Old December 21st, 2016, 02:01 PM   #8
Bahay_Kubo

ewan ko pero sa totoo lang, i think ang magiging destiny ng Subic is more of a military facility being used by the Philippine Navy (i see it as potential submarine base) and Philippine Air Force (the former Cubi Point/Subic International Airport may eventually serve as a fighter base once Clark becomes a full-time civilian airport and Basa Air Base is still in need of upgrading). mas dapat i-develop ang Port of Batangas dahil mas malapit yun sa Manila at may existing rail link na (the old Calamba-Batangas PNR branch).
Old December 21st, 2016, 02:25 PM   #9
Judah14
らき☆

Likes (Received): 236

Not to mention that there is a container yard at Laguna and a cargo rail service is being planned for the yard.

Bahay_Kubo liked this post
Judah14 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2016, 01:50 AM   #10
lochinvar

Likes (Received): 922

Kailangan lamang na ilipat ang mga pasaway na home along the riles.
lochinvar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2016, 03:39 AM   #11
absinthe_888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahay_Kubo View Post
ewan ko pero sa totoo lang, i think ang magiging destiny ng Subic is more of a military facility being used by the Philippine Navy (i see it as potential submarine base) and Philippine Air Force (the former Cubi Point/Subic International Airport may eventually serve as a fighter base once Clark becomes a full-time civilian airport and Basa Air Base is still in need of upgrading). mas dapat i-develop ang Port of Batangas dahil mas malapit yun sa Manila at may existing rail link na (the old Calamba-Batangas PNR branch).
Kasi SBMA really is a military base. Pinilit lang naman natin na maging Freeport Zone.

Matagal ng umalis si Uncle sa Subic pero yung mga military structures dun like the armory bunkers are still in tip-top shape. Kahit yung buildings, maganda padin kahit base structure nalang.

PRRD, #SONA2019
Old December 22nd, 2016, 09:03 AM   #12
happosai
<<-Pusit Hunter->>

Likes (Received): 842

Allergic na ako sa mga eyes eyes na yan....

vmanato liked this post
happosai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 04:24 AM   #13
Bahay_Kubo

Quote:
Kasi SBMA really is a military base. Pinilit lang naman natin na maging Freeport Zone.

Matagal ng umalis si Uncle sa Subic pero yung mga military structures dun like the armory bunkers are still in tip-top shape. Kahit yung buildings, maganda padin kahit base structure nalang.
ang nag-thrive lang sa Subic ay yung Ocean Adventure at nature-themed businesses. the rest of the business ventures there- FedEx, the PX stores, etc.- did not fare well. i dunno really pero baka mas maganda na i-disband na lang ang SBMA and let the entire Subic Bay facility be taken over fully by the AFP, with the mountains serving as jungle training camp of the Army, Cubi Point/Subic International Airport becoming a full-time base Air Force and the naval facilities being run full-time by the Navy.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 04:26 AM   #14
Bahay_Kubo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judah14 View Post
Not to mention that there is a container yard at Laguna and a cargo rail service is being planned for the yard.
naka-set up na talaga ang Manila-Batangas port connection via Calamba. kelangan i-resurrect ang Calamba-Batangas branch, at ang connection between Tutuban and the Manila North and South Harbors. gamitin na nang todo ang inland port sa Calamba. our planners should see that, hindi yung ipipilit nila yung Subic idea nila.

taga-Pila liked this post
Old April 17th, 2017, 08:17 AM   #15
absinthe_888

It's time...

...for that magical report called "Feasibility Study"

Still standing by my previous opinion at the moment - a rail connection from Subic to Clark only, at this time, just doesn't make economical sense right now.

Its better if government prioritizes that vital rail connection from Malolos up to Clark in the interim.

===

Feasibility study on Subic-Clark freight train now underway
Published April 17, 2017 12:43pm

Quote:
The government has commissioned a feasibility study on the planned freight train linking Subic in Zambales and Clark in Pampanga, the Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA) said Monday.

"The feasibility study for the Subic-Clark Railway project being conducted by China Harbor Engineering Co. Ltd. (CHEC) is now underway," the SBMA said in an emailed statement.

International contractor CHEC provides services in engineering-procurement-construction (EPC), build-operate-transfer (BOT), and public-private-partnership (PPP).

The feasibility study is expected to be completed by the third semester of the year, with the government eyeing to finish the Subic-Clark Railway Transit Project before the Duterte administration's term ends.

PRRD, #SONA2019

Bahay_Kubo, Tokyo/Manila liked this post
Old April 17th, 2017, 04:23 PM   #16
s_w_stars

Likes (Received): 4850

What's wrong with this project?

1. Only for freight train, why not incorporate passenger?
2. Subic-Clark-Manila rail link was already in the old masterplan. They should tack this on to the Luzon railway plan so they can integrate all rail lines.
3. Tingi-tingi approach.

Subic and Batangas should be used more shipping and shipbuilding. Propmech has a shipyard there for military vessels (as well as in Navotas.) There's a beautiful place in Palawan called Oyster Bay/Ulugan that's being prepped for a military base. They should move all military installations away from populated areas.
Old April 17th, 2017, 04:55 PM   #17
Bato_Bato
BANNED

Likes (Received): 215

Quote:

kelangan ba talaga mag over utilized muna ang mga major highways bago magtayo ng railway system? sa tingin mo ba ganon ang ginagawa ng malaysia at indonesia na hintayin muna ma over utilized ang mga road networks bago nagtayuan ang kanilang mga railways?
Bato_Bato no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2017, 04:58 PM   #18
watcher09
One Of A Kind!

Likes (Received): 711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bato_Bato View Post
kelangan ba talaga mag over utilized muna ang mga major highways bago magtayo ng railway system? sa tingin mo ba ganon ang ginagawa ng malaysia at indonesia na hintayin muna ma over utilized ang mga road networks bago nagtayuan ang kanilang mga railways?
I agree. Only those without visions and plans for the long term have this mentality. When it comes to strategies and planning, I admire Marcos for his foresight.

RayQ liked this post
watcher09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2017, 10:02 PM   #19
-SNPKLSDMBLDR-
Welcome to the Planet

Likes (Received): 3620

alam nyo naman gobyerno natin, reactionary lang mga projects tapos samahan nyo pa corruption. wala sa vocabulary nila foresight, kapag sira na saka kikilos or not at all!
DFB-GER '14 - Schweinsteiger #31/Messi #10 - Scuderia Ferrari - #DC Joker/BoP/WW'84

-SNPKLSDMBLDR- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 05:48 AM   #20
Bahay_Kubo

talagang ipipilit yung Subic-Clark rail project kahit obvious naman na hindi feasible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement