LRT4 Ortigas–Taytay LRT Line | Length: 19km| 6 Stations - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Railways

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 20th, 2016, 12:07 AM   #21
GodIsNotGreat

Likes (Received): 1283

A great help to Eastern Rizal commuters if this pushes through; kalbaryo tuwing luluwas ka sa Maynila.

"There is no place in the brain for your soul to be hiding."
- Sam Harris

saintm liked this post
GodIsNotGreat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 13th, 2017, 10:48 AM   #22
raixuis

Likes (Received): 57

Under feasibility study pa din ba 'to? I hope once the FS results are out, they can immediately start the bidding process - and award the contract agad! The eastern corridor badly needs this rail line.
Old March 21st, 2017, 05:17 PM   #23
watcher09
One Of A Kind!

Likes (Received): 711

This should be extended to Gilmore Station. Another one should be planned along Shaw Blvd. going to Manila.

702flyguy liked this post
watcher09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2017, 09:48 AM   #24
kakangjonel

Likes (Received): 568

ETO PO UNG PREFEASABILITY STUDY NG LRT LINE 4

Study on Medium Capacity Transit System Project
in Metro Manila, The Republic of The Philippines

SOURCE: http://www.meti.go.jp/meti_lib/report/2015fy/000292.pdf

Last edited by kakangjonel; March 22nd, 2017 at 09:50 AM. Reason: WRONG url
kakangjonel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2017, 11:20 AM   #25
McMarco

Likes (Received): 918

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakangjonel View Post

This study was done 2-3 years ago. Nothing new.
McMarco está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2017, 04:36 PM   #26
Englehart
Air, Road, Rail and Sea

Likes (Received): 627

kaso ayaw ni Pabaya pinilit nya yung LRT 4 nya kuno...
Old March 22nd, 2017, 04:39 PM   #27
FinalSynFrey
フィリピン

Likes (Received): 323

Quote:
Originally Posted by raixuis View Post
Under feasibility study pa din ba 'to? I hope once the FS results are out, they can immediately start the bidding process - and award the contract agad! The eastern corridor badly needs this rail line.
Oh man, if ever this comes to light, it will be so much easier to get to other parts of Metro Manila without having to deal with the traffic at Ortigas Ave highway.

s_w_stars liked this post
FinalSynFrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2017, 04:51 PM   #28
Englehart
Air, Road, Rail and Sea

not to mention pag na push thru via the option B laking ginhawa sa shaw blvd

s_w_stars, FinalSynFrey liked this post
Englehart no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2017, 06:02 PM   #29
s_w_stars

Likes (Received): 4871

I noticed that this line is 19 km with only 6 stops. That means avg of 3.1 km per stop. Can't they increase the number of stops reducing the distance between stops? (Methink that an avg of 1 km to 250 m closer to population centres will be a good distance.) OR even making provisions to increase number of stations as time goes? People in between stops, how are they going to get to the stations? Jeepney, trici or hike?
Old March 22nd, 2017, 07:13 PM   #30
Englehart
Air, Road, Rail and Sea

like in between ng C-5 and Tikling medyo mataas ng passenger density dun..

C5-rosario-Floodway(lifehome)-Countryside area-Junction-Valley golf-Tikling

s_w_stars liked this post
Englehart no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2017, 11:04 AM   #31
alvingod

Likes (Received): 496

Personally, I like the option 1 with potential extension to Makati Ave area because I know mas marami parin from the east ang nagwowork sa Makati like my officemates before.

This could discourage those from the east going to Makati to use their cars para mabawasan naman sasakyan sa Ortigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakangjonel View Post

alvingod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2017, 11:48 AM   #32
FinalSynFrey
フィリピン

Likes (Received): 323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englehart View Post
not to mention pag na push thru via the option B laking ginhawa sa shaw blvd
More options, the better

I seriously can't wait till' the day I can commute to Metro Manila via LRT from Taytay and vice versa. Normally, you need to commute to Santolan Station if LRT-1 or Ortigas Station if MRT-3. Of course, getting there would mean commuting by bus or jeepney which equals traffic. PLEASE make this happen, PH Gov't. So much potential here.
FinalSynFrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2017, 05:02 PM   #33
s_w_stars

Likes (Received): 4871

While I'm happy that they're planning for urban rails to reach outside the "inner city", I believe they should add more stations, shorter the distance between stations, or make provisions for more stations. This will allow more passengers to get off and on closer to their destination. Urban rails spur development on the routes they run so they should think about that.

This reminds me of Kiev. Where I was staying was a nice area, but the subway stations were 4 km+ apart. My place happened to be in the middle, 2 km to the main downtown station, and 2 km to the nearest "large" market. In between they have mini buses, that run like jeepneys. I ended up walking everywhere. BUT they have nice big sidewalks. Walking in Kiev in the winter is like walking in Manila in perpetual summer and NO sidewalks.
Old March 23rd, 2017, 05:16 PM   #34
le Reine
Finding destiny

Likes (Received): 2942

Ang ganda nung option 1! I love it!
le Reine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2017, 06:45 PM   #35
kratos1211

Likes (Received): 984

Mandaluyong City was very unhappy here. They initiated the study from JICA for a hybrid APM with route option 1 or 2 to Ortigas CBD, it was to serve the dense residential area of Mandaluyong with the most people to benefit as against the car centric greenhills area. You will notice that there are more proposed stations inside mandaluyong than the ortigas cbd to taytay as these study was added later on.

The APM became LRT, line extended up to Taytay when the project was finally submitted. Mandaluyong was angry to realized that it's initial study of the line option 1 or 2 is gone when the approval was finally out. Ortigas EDSA to Taytay only. Thanks to DOTC interference. DOTC said it is impractical and unfeasible.

Read More.

Last edited by kratos1211; March 23rd, 2017 at 06:55 PM.
kratos1211 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2017, 05:43 AM   #36
itsMRT2
BANNED

Likes (Received): 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos1211 View Post
Mandaluyong City was very unhappy here. They initiated the study from JICA for a hybrid APM with route option 1 or 2 to Ortigas CBD, it was to serve the dense residential area of Mandaluyong with the most people to benefit as against the car centric greenhills area. You will notice that there are more proposed stations inside mandaluyong than the ortigas cbd to taytay as these study was added later on.

The APM became LRT, line extended up to Taytay when the project was finally submitted. Mandaluyong was angry to realized that it's initial study of the line option 1 or 2 is gone when the approval was finally out. Ortigas EDSA to Taytay only. Thanks to DOTC interference. DOTC said it is impractical and unfeasible.

Read More.
This is where I would disagree, in fact prior to Mandaluyong APM, JICA through its MMUTIS back then has already provided a similar alignment for a line to Taytay going through Ortigas Center (which was envisioned to go further to Binangonan).

Shockingly, the line that was to go back then was no other than the current MRT-2 which was made heavy rail as it was planned to become the bigger east C-loop from Antipolo proper (goes even further than Cogeo) complementing the smaller west counter C-loop the MRT-3 should have provided from Obando to Kawit via EDSA.

It was envisioned back then that the MRT-2 west extension would go southwards instead to Roxas Boulevard instead of Northwards to the Pier area.

This explains as to why MRT-2 was upgraded into a initial 4-car heavy rail system upgradable to a 6-8 car configuration we currently know of today.

itsMRT2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2017, 05:52 AM   #37
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Likes (Received): 5391

Wow! They actually planned MRT3 to be extended to Kawit and Obando!

My only issue with the original plan is no Ortigas Avenue Ext. line. I do prefer the current LRT4 proposal, but using Option 2, or even Option 1.

"The best solution all over the world, time tested, safe, no pollution, is still the use of the train system." - Ms. Elvira Medina, Nat'l Center for Commuter Safety and Protection
queetz@home no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2017, 06:12 AM   #38
itsMRT2
BANNED

Likes (Received): 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Wow! They actually planned MRT3 to be extended to Kawit and Obando!

My only issue with the original plan is no Ortigas Avenue Ext. line. I do prefer the current LRT4 proposal, but using Option 2, or even Option 1.
Based on the map, i think Ortigas area was to be served by then-Northrail from Malolos to Dasmarińas. Plus Ortigas Extension back then was enivisioned to be served by the MCX line (Metro Commuter) which would re-utilize and revive some of the old PNR east line ROW we currently now know as "Ortigas Avenue Extension" together with the old Guadalupe and other branch lines as well as the Pasig River Ferry System forming the East-West route complementing the North-South one which is what remains of today.

Note: Image to follow due to errors

Last edited by itsMRT2; March 24th, 2017 at 06:20 AM.
itsMRT2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2017, 06:18 AM   #39
alvingod

Likes (Received): 496

Wow. Interesting. I always wonder why they will extend Line 2 to Pier when they can go south to Roxas blvd and eventually MOA complex and serve more people. This will help out also on the congestion of Line1 and Line3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMRT2 View Post

Shockingly, the line that was to go back then was no other than the current MRT-2 which was made heavy rail as it was planned to become the bigger east C-loop from Antipolo proper (goes even further than Cogeo) complementing the smaller west counter C-loop the MRT-3 should have provided from Obando to Kawit via EDSA.

It was envisioned back then that the MRT-2 west extension would go southwards instead to Roxas Boulevard instead of Northwards to the Pier area.

This explains as to why MRT-2 was upgraded into a initial 4-car heavy rail system upgradable to a 6-8 car configuration we currently know of today.
alvingod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2017, 06:19 AM   #40
Judah14
らき☆

Likes (Received): 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMRT2 View Post
Based on the map, i think Ortigas area was to be served by then-Northrail from Malolos to Dasmarińas. Plus Ortigas Extension back then was enivisioned to be served by the MCX line (Metro Commuter) which would re-utilize and revive some of the old PNR east line ROW we currently now know as "Ortigas Avenue Extension" together with the old Guadalupe and other branch lines as well as the Pasig River Ferry System forming the East-West route complementing the North-South one which is what remains of today.
AFAIK the old PNR ROW is not Ortigas Extension itself, but is parallel to it, at what is now Tramo/Parola Street.
Judah14 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement