Sunderland and Durham Area - RETAIL - Page 119 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > North East England > Sunderland and Durham

Sunderland and Durham For Sunderland, Washington, County Durham

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 15th, 2019, 11:29 PM   #2361
sterock85

Likes (Received): 359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
I hope so too, and that the design works with and compliments the area, stone effect buildings to mimic the Minster, The Empire and The Peacock would be my suggestion. And hopefully it's good quality stores that move in.
Agree. This is an important location with regards to aesthetics.

Twitter @SteMartPhotos

denm, Guy Incognito liked this post
sterock85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 17th, 2019, 11:02 AM   #2362
denm

Likes (Received): 2712

Quote:
Originally Posted by denm View Post

When I read through this,--got me wondering --how many Shop Units might be built,--and if the Parking will be free,----but I'm pleased the grassed area will be put to good use --after the Next Development fell through,----anyway,---lets hope the proposed --" Crowtree Square Retail Unit" goes ahead,---cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
I hope so too, and that the design works with and compliments the area, stone effect buildings to mimic the Minster, The Empire and The Peacock would be my suggestion. And hopefully it's good quality stores that move in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterock85 View Post
Agree. This is an important location with regards to aesthetics.

Yes I agree with these suggestions,---especially buildings with Stone effect ----there are some great looking Sandstone/Limestone claddings around these days,-----would be great if new shop units were built with these Materials,----suppose we just have to wait until any designs are put forward,---fingers crossed,---cheers.

sterock85, Guy Incognito liked this post
denm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2019, 01:44 PM   #2363
cg78

Likes (Received): 86

If this is high quality and attracts new shops I’m all for it but do worry about all the current empty shops.
Would the council not be better served in refurbishing the shops it owns on High street west, plus the ones it will own under the hotel (if it’s ever built) or even building this where Lucianos is now (also owned by council) rather than creating another new shopping area in a climate of high street shops closing down. Not forgetting the shops they also own on Fawcett street. Refurbing them and trying to attract decent shops/ restaurants to complement Flannels would also be good

kingdom bhoy, sterock85, denm liked this post
cg78 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2019, 01:41 PM   #2364
denm

We passed the Aldi Development the other day,----I took theses photos --showing Steelwork already in place,----they are progressing well,---mind there are no signs in place to say what development this is,----

Old November 23rd, 2019, 12:22 PM   #2365
denm

This from the Sunderland Echo,--

Plans to turn former bank into shops in busy Sunderland street get the go-ahead

Plans to transform a former bank site into shops have been given the green light by council planners.
Earlier this year, a ‘change of use’ bid was lodged for the former Natwest site on Fulwell’s busy shopping street, Sea Road.

According to planning documents, the bank site has been vacant since 2016.

Read more https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/...-ahead-1320483
Old December 1st, 2019, 11:32 AM   #2366
denm

This has also been posted on the--Jobs/Economic/Business thread,--

This from the Sunderland Echo,--

Bid launched to help boost Sunderland's high street

A campaign has been launched to shine a spotlight on independent shops, restaurants and businesses in Sunderland.
inSunderland is an initiative supported by Sunderland BID in collaboration with Save the High Street.

And it aims to connect a collaborative community which will support, promote and champion the independent businesses in Sunderland.

Read more https://www.sunderlandecho.com/best-...street-1328787
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
north east england, retail, retail - ne england, retail - north east, shopping