ADMIN THREAD - Contact your Moderators here, Thread Title Change Requests, Members Suggestions, etc - Page 5 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > North East England > Sunderland and Durham

Sunderland and Durham For Sunderland, Washington, County Durham

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 1st, 2010, 04:44 PM   #81
denm

Likes (Received): 2710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcastle Historian View Post
Hi, just spotted your note above (dated 29th Sept) sorry for late reply.

The site was down on the 24th, as advised below . .

but not since then, as far as I know. I am not aware of any 'incidents' on the 29th.

I tried four or five times to log in on that day, ---and when I did get on, ---every time I clicked on a thread it took a long time for the thread to come up ---never mind, --everything's okay now, --cheers.
denm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 7th, 2010, 05:19 PM   #82
horokeio

Likes (Received): 113

FAO NH

Can the £10m supermarket on North Hylton Road thread have its name changed to something along the lines of Sainsburys | Riverside Road, Southwick | Proposed to bring it more in keeping with the regular format and to confirm its status as a current development? Thanks.
horokeio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2010, 12:02 AM   #83
Newcastle Historian
Moderator and Archivist

Likes (Received): 2069

Quote:
Originally Posted by horokeio View Post

FAO NH

Can the £10m supermarket on North Hylton Road thread have its name changed to something along the lines of Sainsburys | Riverside Road, Southwick | Proposed to bring it more in keeping with the regular format and to confirm its status as a current development?
Thanks.

I have changed this into a full "Project Thread" . . .

(1) The thread title has been changed from £10m supermarket on North Hylton Road to : Sainsbury (Riverside Rd, Southwick) | Sunderland | ?fl |Proposed.

(2) As soon as known, can someone please advise the number of floors, and the proposed height in Metres?

(3) I have added the usual 'Project Thread' TAG of Project - Sunderland Area to the thread.

(4) Does anyone have any renders and/or plans for this development?

(5) I have sent a "PM" to North East 4 Ever, to add this new Project to the Development Summary thread, ASAP.

It is good to see a New Project starting!!
Newcastle Historian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 12th, 2010, 12:52 PM   #84
denm

FAO --NH, --just another query about the post count, ------when I logged off yesterday, ---there was 8,758, ---but when I've just logged on, --the count had gone down and was 8,750, --and there's been another 6 posts, ---so the count at this point should have read, --- 8,764, ---there is something wrong, --and just wondered if you can sort it, thanks.
Old October 12th, 2010, 01:27 PM   #85
Newcastle Historian
Moderator and Archivist

Thanks for your interest

Sorry, the system doesn't hold retrospective post totals, so I don't know what has happened.

I had to remove three posts the other day (for reasons that are private, between me and the poster) but that will not account for it.

That sort of thing happens from time to time, so you cannot always expect the post count to be "the same as yesterday plus new posts", there are always things going on that will change it, that you may not be aware of.
Old October 12th, 2010, 03:11 PM   #86
denm

Quote:
Thanks for your interest

Sorry, the system doesn't hold retrospective post totals, so I don't know what has happened.

I had to remove three posts the other day (for reasons that are private, between me and the poster) but that will not account for it.

That sort of thing happens from time to time, so you cannot always expect the post count to be "the same as yesterday plus new posts", there are always things going on that will change it, that you may not be aware of.

Fair enough NH, ----just thought it was strange that it has happened a couple of times, ---anyway, ---thanks for your time, cheers.
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:47 AM   #87
Newcastle Historian
Moderator and Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireMackem View Post
I think we have a good amount of developments to get our teeth into in the next 12 months or so. I think (in my humble opinion) we will see the following projects moving forward in that time:

- Vaux site - the recent article in the Echo with quotes from Paul Watson is promising, and I think we will finally see some public designs in the next 12 months
- Software Centre - looks like we'll even see some construction work on this excellent project, which is moving at a pace it seems
- Tesco/Sainsburys - these will probably move very quickly and we'll see some detailed designs soon I expect
- Bridges extension - I expect we'll see an outline planning application in soon, with some more detailed designs (I also suspect we'll see further plans for extensions, as the retail offer in the city seems to be on the up)
- Justice Centre - this is a tricky one, and I guess we'll soon find out, but I think this will go ahead and we'll see a planning application in the next 12 months
- Ski Centre - again, I think this will go ahead and we'll possibly see some design work in the next 12 months
- Deptford Terrace - seems like the developers for this are in pre-planning discussions with the council, and we might see plans for a first phase over the next 12 months
- Lisburn Terrace former glassworks - should see the designs for the first phase fairly soon
- Others - I also suspect we'll see some movement in the hotel market, especially with the rumours that the club are going to invest in a hotel

Things I think we may be left waiting for:

- Holmeside - seems like this is currently dead in the water, mainly because land ownerships have held up interest from developers in taking on the scheme
- New Wear Bridge - I have been relatively optimistic up until now, but my optimism is waning, I have to say. Fingers crossed I suppose
- Joplings Hotel - for obvious reasons, lets just hope that a new plan for the building comes forward
- University developments - with news that university funding from government will be cut by up to £4bn, Sunderland Uni's priorities may have to change
- Can't think of any others

I think, overall, we might not do too badly. We all know that Vaux is the key transformational project, so if we can get that moving, things elsewhere will change too.

Fingers crossed everyone!!

At the moment, we have a total of 19 Live Project Threads on the go, though one or two projects are actually fairly dormant at the moment.

I have obtained the below list of our current 'Projects' from North East 4 Evers Development Summary, which is fully up to date, from available information . . .

01 - New Wear Bridge | Wessington Way, Sunderland | 190m / 140m | Submitted
02 - SAFC Training Facility | South Tyneside | 1fl | Submitted
03 - Sunderland Justice Centre | Sunderland, Farringdon Row | 4fl | Proposed
04 - Porterfield Plaza | Sunderland | 5fl | U/C
05 - Vaux Site | Sunderland | Various | Proposed
06 - Sunderland Software City | Sunderland | Various | U/C
07 - Stadium Village | Sunderland | Various | Proposed
08 - New Student Village | Sunderland | Various | Proposed
09 - Durham Gate | Thinford, Co Durham | Various | Proposed
10 - Spirit of Sunderland | Sunderland | 33fl | 328ft | Proposed
11 - Central Area Multi Storey Car Park | Sunderland | ?fl | Demolition
12 - Durham University GATEWAY| Durham City | Various | Preparation
13 - Durham City Ice Rink Site | Durham | 130,000 sq ft | Proposed
14 - Gentoo Housing Developments | City of Sunderland | Various | Proposed
15 - Hahnemann Court | Southwick | 7fl | Demolition
16 - Sunderland Royal Hospital Ward Extension | Sunderland | 5fl | T/O
17 - Houghton 'Walk In' and Primary Care Health Centre | Houghton, Sunderland | 2fl | U/C
18 - Sainsbury (Riverside Rd, Southwick) | Sunderland | ?fl | Proposed
19 - Tesco Extra (Roker) | Sunderland | 2fl | Approved

Are there any other projects/developments underway, that are not listed above and so are not being covered on this forum?
Old October 20th, 2010, 12:00 PM   #88
Newcastle Historian
Moderator and Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireMackem View Post
I think we have a good amount of developments to get our teeth into in the next 12 months or so. I think (in my humble opinion) we will see the following projects moving forward in that time:

- Vaux site - the recent article in the Echo with quotes from Paul Watson is promising, and I think we will finally see some public designs in the next 12 months
- Software Centre - looks like we'll even see some construction work on this excellent project, which is moving at a pace it seems
- Tesco/Sainsburys - these will probably move very quickly and we'll see some detailed designs soon I expect
- Bridges extension - I expect we'll see an outline planning application in soon, with some more detailed designs (I also suspect we'll see further plans for extensions, as the retail offer in the city seems to be on the up)
- Justice Centre - this is a tricky one, and I guess we'll soon find out, but I think this will go ahead and we'll see a planning application in the next 12 months
- Ski Centre - again, I think this will go ahead and we'll possibly see some design work in the next 12 months
- Deptford Terrace - seems like the developers for this are in pre-planning discussions with the council, and we might see plans for a first phase over the next 12 months
- Lisburn Terrace former glassworks - should see the designs for the first phase fairly soon
- Others - I also suspect we'll see some movement in the hotel market, especially with the rumours that the club are going to invest in a hotel

Things I think we may be left waiting for:

- Holmeside - seems like this is currently dead in the water, mainly because land ownerships have held up interest from developers in taking on the scheme
- New Wear Bridge - I have been relatively optimistic up until now, but my optimism is waning, I have to say. Fingers crossed I suppose
- Joplings Hotel - for obvious reasons, lets just hope that a new plan for the building comes forward
- University developments - with news that university funding from government will be cut by up to £4bn, Sunderland Uni's priorities may have to change
- Can't think of any others

I think, overall, we might not do too badly. We all know that Vaux is the key transformational project, so if we can get that moving, things elsewhere will change too.

Fingers crossed everyone!!

Quote:
At the moment, we have a total of 19 Live Project Threads on the go, though one or two projects are actually fairly dormant at the moment.

I have obtained the below list of our current 'Projects' from North East 4 Evers Development Summary, which is fully up to date, from available information . . .

01 - New Wear Bridge | Wessington Way, Sunderland | 190m / 140m | Submitted
02 - SAFC Training Facility | South Tyneside | 1fl | Submitted
03 - Sunderland Justice Centre | Sunderland, Farringdon Row | 4fl | Proposed
04 - Porterfield Plaza | Sunderland | 5fl | U/C
05 - Vaux Site | Sunderland | Various | Proposed
06 - Sunderland Software City | Sunderland | Various | U/C
07 - Stadium Village | Sunderland | Various | Proposed
08 - New Student Village | Sunderland | Various | Proposed
09 - Durham Gate | Thinford, Co Durham | Various | Proposed
10 - Spirit of Sunderland | Sunderland | 33fl | 328ft | Proposed
11 - Central Area Multi Storey Car Park | Sunderland | ?fl | Demolition
12 - Durham University GATEWAY| Durham City | Various | Preparation
13 - Durham City Ice Rink Site | Durham | 130,000 sq ft | Proposed
14 - Gentoo Housing Developments | City of Sunderland | Various | Proposed
15 - Hahnemann Court | Southwick | 7fl | Demolition
16 - Sunderland Royal Hospital Ward Extension | Sunderland | 5fl | T/O
17 - Houghton 'Walk In' and Primary Care Health Centre | Houghton, Sunderland | 2fl | U/C
18 - Sainsbury (Riverside Rd, Southwick) | Sunderland | ?fl | Proposed
19 - Tesco Extra (Roker) | Sunderland | 2fl | Approved

Are there any other projects/developments underway, that are not listed above and so are not being covered on this forum?

Could anyone confirm the situation (either way) please, as YMs post (above mine) does seem to mention some different projects?
Old October 20th, 2010, 04:52 PM   #89
denm

Don't know if this helps but, ------I think the Deptford Terrace Development, -- and the Lisburn Terrace Development are both waiting for full planning permission, -----and I think the Bridges Expansion (Primark)has got the nod, ---also I have mentioned a couple of times about a new Development that has just started, --it's the Elba Park, --there are 359 Homes to be built, --and the proposed Sunderland Central Route is also to go through, ---but I don't know when Construction of this will begin, --because it was the previous Government which promised the funding. --hope this helps a bit NH.
Old October 20th, 2010, 05:48 PM   #90
YorkshireMackem

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by denm View Post

Don't know if this helps but, ------I think the Deptford Terrace Development, -- and the Lisburn Terrace Development are both waiting for full planning permission, -----and I think the Bridges Expansion (Primark)has got the nod, ---also I have mentioned a couple of times about a new Development that has just started, --it's the Elba Park, --there are 359 Homes to be built, --and the proposed Sunderland Central Route is also to go through, ---but I don't know when Construction of this will begin, --because it was the previous Government which promised the funding. --hope this helps a bit NH.
Yeah, just to reiterate denm's comments NH, plus a few more:

- Deptford Terrace Development - this project is potentially quite a large one; however, it is currently at the pre-application stage and very few details have been released via the press. There is a project website: http://deptfordterrace.co.uk/.

- Lisburn Terrace Development - this is a separate development and has achieved outline planning permission. There aren't too many tangible designs as yet, as the outline permission is a schedule of phasing and outline masterplan - ill leave it up to you to decide whether it is worthy of its own thread (not sure where this has been mentioned already).

- Spirit of Sunderland - may I suggest that this is encapsulated within a thread for the entire 'Holmeside' development area? Given recent news, it is now pretty certain that the entire development in its current form will not go ahead; however, it remains a priority comprehensive development area in the same way as the Vaux site.

I don't think I have anything else to add
YorkshireMackem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2010, 04:43 PM   #91
Newcastle Historian
Moderator and Archivist

Regarding the above points.

1 - Deptford Terrace Development.

I have started a new 'Project Thread' for this, HERE . .

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1239797

2 - Lisburn Terrace Development.

As this project is actually more advanced than 'Deptford Terrace', can someone find the information, and start a new 'Project Thread' for it?

3 - Spirit of Sunderland.

If this area (Holmeside Development Area) where the 'Spirit' was to be built, is still an ongoing project, I can (as suggested) change the 'Project Thread' name, if someone could advise me what the new name should be?

Does a name change from . .

Spirit of Sunderland | Sunderland | 33fl | 328ft | Proposed

to . .

Holmeside Development Area | Sunderland | Various | Pre-planning

fit the bill?

4 - Bridges Expansion (Primark)

Does this require a 'Project Thread' of its own, or are you happy to follow this project on the .Sunderland & Durham Area - Retail. thread?

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1002537

Up to you, but please let me know?

5 - Elba Park.

As for 'Lisburn Terrace' (no. 2 above) . . .

If this is a new LIVE project, can someone obtain the necessary details and set up a Deptford Terrace Style 'Project Thread' for it please?

6 - The 'Sunderland Central Route' - proposed new road.

Can someone establish if this is going to happen or not?

If it is likely to happen, it would make for an excellent 'Project Thread' to follow through to conclusion. If someone can obtain the details to start the thread off?

Cheers.

Last edited by Newcastle Historian; October 22nd, 2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old October 22nd, 2010, 11:56 AM   #92
denm

Will try and find more info on theses, -----btw, the post counts are going down again.
Old October 22nd, 2010, 12:07 PM   #93
Newcastle Historian
Moderator and Archivist

Thanks denm,

Information is needed for points 2, 5 and 6.

What is your opinion on points 3 and 4?
Old October 22nd, 2010, 12:44 PM   #94
denm

Quote:
Thanks denm,

Information is needed for points 2, 5 and 6.

What is your opinion on points 3 and 4?

I believe --2 --YM put something up about this, --will try and find it,

--3--I will go along how you have phrased this, ---can't see the Spirit tower getting built,

--4-- personally I would leave it on the Retail thread, --but maybe ask the rest of the Lads,

--5-- Elba Park has begun, ---I can find a article telling how many homes are vto be built and who the company is who is building them, --don't know if that will help,

and --6-- the Central Route is/was part of the Elba Park, --but had funding from the previous Government, --so don't know whats happening --suppose it's wait and see if this Government helps to fund it.
Old October 22nd, 2010, 01:28 PM   #95
Newcastle Historian
Moderator and Archivist

Quote:

As this project is actually more advanced than 'Deptford Terrace', can someone find the information, and start a new 'Project Thread' for it?

If this area (Holmeside Development Area) where the 'Spirit' was to be built, is still an ongoing project, I can (as suggested) change the 'Project Thread' name, if someone could advise me what the new name should be?

to . .

fit the bill?

Does this require a 'Project Thread' of its own, or are you happy to follow this project on the .Sunderland & Durham Area - Retail. thread?

5 - Elba Park.

If this is a new LIVE project, can someone obtain the necessary details and set up a Deptford Terrace Style 'Project Thread' for it please?

If it is likely to happen, it would make for an excellent 'Project Thread' to follow through to conclusion. If someone can obtain the details to start the thread off?

Cheers.

Quote:
I believe --

2--YM put something up about this -- will try and find it,

3--I will go along how you have phrased this --- can't see the Spirit tower getting built,

4--Personally, I would leave it on the Retail thread -- but maybe ask the rest of the Lads,

5--Elba Park has begun, ---I can find a article telling how many homes are vto be built and who the company is who is building them, --don't know if that will help,

and

6--The Central Route is/was part of the Elba Park, --but had funding from the previous Government, --so don't know whats happening --suppose it's wait and see if this Government helps to fund it.

Thanks mate, I'll leave this open for a few days, to give people a chance to have a look and maybe comment and provide info, etc.

Last edited by Newcastle Historian; October 22nd, 2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old October 22nd, 2010, 05:56 PM   #96
denm

NH, --regarding the Central route, ----apparently it was put on hold, --like many other projects, --there was a article saying they had to wait to see what the outcome of the Governments review, ---and the Lisburn Terrace, ---YM, --posted a bit about this on the small developments thread, ---page 6.

Last edited by Newcastle Historian; October 22nd, 2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old October 30th, 2010, 02:06 AM   #97
horokeio

Likes (Received): 113

One for NH.

Last time I checked in here I'm sure there were 62 or 63 discussion threads, and this appears to have been reduced to 59. Have some threads been folded into others and if so, which ones?
horokeio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2010, 02:52 PM   #98
Newcastle Historian
Moderator and Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by horokeio View Post
One for NH.

Last time I checked in here I'm sure there were 62 or 63 discussion threads, and this appears to have been reduced to 59. Have some threads been folded into others and if so, which ones?

There have been about 35 threads 'folded into' others, and this was done by my predecessor after the discussions of late March, earlier in this thread.

The other week I noticed that three of those (I think it was) had not been fully merged, as while the posts had been moved, the original threads were still there at the bottom of the forum, somehow.

For example, there were two identical copies of the Sunderland College - Developments thread (down at the bottom of the forum) and two copies of one other, which I can't remember. Also, the posts from a Sunderland Arc thread had been successfully merged into the 'Skybar' at the time (as you can see the "poll" is still there on Skybar!!) but the Arc thread was still there.

Hopefully things are all now fully resolved.
Old October 30th, 2010, 02:59 PM   #99
Newcastle Historian
Moderator and Archivist

Quote:

to . .

fit the bill?

5 - Elba Park.

Cheers.

Quote:
I believe --

2--YM put something up about this -- will try and find it,

3--I will go along how you have phrased this --- can't see the Spirit tower getting built,

4--Personally, I would leave it on the Retail thread -- but maybe ask the rest of the Lads,

5--Elba Park has begun, ---I can find a article telling how many homes are vto be built and who the company is who is building them, --don't know if that will help,

and

6--The Central Route is/was part of the Elba Park, --but had funding from the previous Government, --so don't know whats happening --suppose it's wait and see if this Government helps to fund it.

OK, I've left this for a while.

Is everyone happy with the proposal for Item 3?

Is there any action you want me to take regarding any of the other items, 1, 2, 4, 5 or 6?
Old October 31st, 2010, 03:46 PM   #100
Newcastle Historian
Moderator and Archivist

Hi All,

I have been thinking for a while, that we could make a little bit better use of the 'communal area' on the main North East England Forum page.

To that end, I have put my thoughts here . . .

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1246743

As you can see, one thread (above) is started already, and Talisker has said he is considering starting another one.

Just an idea, interested to know what you all think?

NH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
admin, durham, forum changes, north east england, sunderland, sunderland and durham