#The Vogue - 38F (138m) - Mixed Use - CBD | Planned - Page 19 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > Southern Africa > South Africa > Regional Development and Discussion > Western Cape > Cape Town > Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 9th, 2019, 03:29 PM   #361
NicSA

Likes (Received): 8348

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianL View Post
If you got that from the Lew Geffen site then scroll down a bit. I think LG might only be marketing the highest value ones so far because further down it says “Apartments (61). From R8,000,000. Size from 300sqm to 500sqm.”

I also can’t get the main thevogue site to work right now (permission denied) so I don’t know the total apartment count. It is mixed use so maybe there are only 61 apartments in total and all are very high end or else this is the mega expensive big upper floor penthouses and almost-penthouses that we’re seeing and at some point cheaper 2 bedroom & maybe smaller might get listed.

- Julian
I hope so! They are really big so that makes more sense. $550k starting price is high even by typical US or European standards (outside central London, NYC etc.). You could probably buy a 10 bedroom house with giant garden, swimming pools and live in maid and gardener pretty much anywhere in SA at that price.
NicSA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 9th, 2019, 03:42 PM   #362
SAMOHT

Likes (Received): 42

#The Vogue - 38F (138m) - Mixed Use - CBD | Planned

I had a look at the floor plans yesterday morning. They had smaller apartments - donít know the prices though. It appears they are incorporating the Goldies warehouse as well as the old chimney in the retail section on the ground and mezzanine levels- some sort of retail arcade. Large retail section facing Buitengracht street.

JulianL liked this post
SAMOHT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2019, 08:20 AM   #363
Umshini Wami

Likes (Received): 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianL View Post
If you got that from the Lew Geffen site then scroll down a bit. I think LG might only be marketing the highest value ones so far because further down it says ďApartments (61). From R8,000,000. Size from 300sqm to 500sqm.Ē

I also canít get the main thevogue site to work right now (permission denied) so I donít know the total apartment count. It is mixed use so maybe there are only 61 apartments in total and all are very high end or else this is the mega expensive big upper floor penthouses and almost-penthouses that weíre seeing and at some point cheaper 2 bedroom & maybe smaller might get listed.

- Julian
There are a total of 255 apartments in the development.
Advertisement

Old November 10th, 2019, 01:53 PM   #364
Foxyman

Likes (Received): 1934

Lew Geffen are selling 'stacks' of apartments to investors (co-developers) 'at cost' and once all the stacks are sold they begin the development and start selling individual units to retail buyers, their smallest stack is normally 5 apartments. Many investors will not offer their units for resale but keep them and rent the units out once complete.

Last edited by Foxyman; November 11th, 2019 at 09:18 AM.
Foxyman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2019, 09:08 AM   #365
Umshini Wami

The Vogue is Cape Town's answer to The Leonardo in Sandton.
Old November 12th, 2019, 09:32 AM   #366
Freecorner

Likes (Received): 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umshini Wami View Post
The Vogue is Cape Town's answer to The Leonardo in Sandton.
Not tall enough to be considered in the same class. I would rather think zero-two-one is a more suitable comparison, albeit still too short. General question; does Cape Town's height restriction apply to the outer areas (Bellville, Somerset West, etc.)?
Freecorner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2019, 10:01 AM   #367
Umshini Wami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freecorner View Post
Not tall enough to be considered in the same class. I would rather think zero-two-one is a more suitable comparison, albeit still too short. General question; does Cape Town's height restriction apply to the outer areas (Bellville, Somerset West, etc.)?
Or Century City
Old November 12th, 2019, 10:34 AM   #368
Gerald Lewis

Likes (Received): 1078

The Leonardo may be tall, but its REALLY ugly and brutal, Vogue, 16 BRee and Zero 2 one are all way more appealing, especially from a residential point of view.
Gerald Lewis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2019, 04:28 PM   #369
Awesome.e

Likes (Received): 39

R8m for 300m2 square is cheap for a brand new development in Cape Town CBD. That's R26k per sqm. If its 5 per stack, that's 60m2 for R1.6m each. I doubt that is the price. That's cheaper than old crappy apartments in the city.
Miami,
Tampa,
London, Munich, Windhoek
Awesome.e no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2019, 10:30 AM   #370
UrbanSean

Likes (Received): 72

The prices and the square meterage don't seem to be related on the Lew Geffen website. This can be seen when looking at their page for The Rubrik. However, they do say that The Rubrik will start at R55k per square metre, and I would imagine The Vogue being a similar price, or a bit lower for 'stack investors'.
UrbanSean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2019, 12:46 PM   #371
Marsupalami

Likes (Received): 997

This is on their Inst page :
"A glimpse at The Rubik's luxurious penthouses. Situated on the corner of Loop Street and Riebeek Street, the modern and elegant apartments provide the benefit of city living while offering spectacular views across the city."
Maybe the Rubik is super lux compared to The Vogue?

Rubik by mork Teskerton, on Flickr
Marsupalami no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2019, 03:07 PM   #372
Foxyman

Likes (Received): 1934

I wouldn't read to much into the rough price calculation per the info on Lew Geffen website, bear in mind that the sectional area listed is probably rounded and will also include a high percentage of area which is balcony (which for most units at the Rubik won't have whereas amost all the units at The Vogue do) and also the the price listed probably excludes VAT. But more significantly the price listed is the wholesale/bulk/cost price, once the units are marketed to retail buyers they will have a margin of say 25% added in order to give the investors a return on their investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanSean View Post
The prices and the square meterage don't seem to be related on the Lew Geffen website. This can be seen when looking at their page for The Rubrik. However, they do say that The Rubrik will start at R55k per square metre, and I would imagine The Vogue being a similar price, or a bit lower for 'stack investors'.
Foxyman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2019, 09:12 AM   #373
Charlesp

Likes (Received): 131

The Vogue is planned to be built on the site of Goldie & Co. ("Goldie's") who were once the South African agents for "Camel" cigarettes.There used to be a large advertisement for these cigarettes on the facade of the Goldie's warehouse. Interestingly, "Vogue" is also the name of a popular cigarette sold in South Africa. I realise this is all useless information but nevertheless there is a tenuous coincidence between the old structure and the planned new development!

Diggerdog, Marsupalami liked this post
Charlesp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2019, 10:52 AM   #374
Umshini Wami

Sotheby's - Lew Geffen

The Vogue - The Pinnacle of Mother City Living

FWJK's new 37 storey mixed-use development, The Vogue will be located in the heart of The Mother City and is set to be their most iconic Co-development to date.Simply put,this disruptive Co-development methodology enables property investors the opportunity to invest alongside FWJK and receive real estate at cost with no profit added.This project is limited to only 35 investors who will be required to take multiple apartments on a wholesale basis.

https://www.sothebysrealty.co.za/res...ty-centre/120/
Old November 27th, 2019, 04:37 PM   #375
Awesome.e

Likes (Received): 39

The development has been put on hold because of objections from the affordable housing group. Think they taking it to court for review. Development was approved already
Miami,
Tampa,
London, Munich, Windhoek
Awesome.e no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2019, 09:52 AM   #376
Umshini Wami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome.e View Post
The development has been put on hold because of objections from the affordable housing group. Think they taking it to court for review. Development was approved already
That is right. I corresponded with the CEO yesterday and he said that The Vogue has been put on hold pending the outcome of the WC High Court decision. He also said that the website at thevogue.capetown is also put on hold due to the court case.
Old November 28th, 2019, 07:27 PM   #377
Citywalker_CT
C A P E T O W N

Likes (Received): 2687

Jirre tog 🤬

My Flickr: https://tinyurl.com/y74syw8f & https://tinyurl.com/y23mgeea
Citywalker_CT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement