Mazembe Stadium / Stade Mazembe / 18,000 Seats Completed. - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity
 

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > Southern Africa > République Démocratique du Congo > Projects and Construction

Projects and Construction Developments in the DRC


Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old May 7th, 2011, 03:18 AM   #61
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.
 
BUTEMBO21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under the Sun and the Moon
Posts: 43,996
Likes (Received): 5958

Le président de l'équipe du TP Mazembe a réuni ce jeudi 5 mai tous les Badianguenas, c'etait au chantier du stade Mazembe de la Kamalondo.





BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 7th, 2011, 06:04 AM   #62
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.
 
BUTEMBO21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under the Sun and the Moon
Posts: 43,996
Likes (Received): 5958

The Stadium is small an, but niiice when complete.
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2011, 02:03 PM   #63
Lubum09
Registered User
 
Lubum09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lubumbashi
Posts: 72
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTEMBO21 View Post
The Stadium is small an, but niiice when complete.

This stadium isn't that small considering the fact that it's the Mazembe stadium and not a municipal or national stadium. It's enough for mazembe's needs. However, I hope the central government will start building bigger ones, but that's not a priority.
Lubum09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 9th, 2011, 06:15 PM   #64
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.
 
BUTEMBO21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under the Sun and the Moon
Posts: 43,996
Likes (Received): 5958

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubum09 View Post
This stadium isn't that small considering the fact that it's the Mazembe stadium and not a municipal or national stadium. It's enough for mazembe's needs. However, I hope the central government will start building bigger ones, but that's not a priority.
Your correct again.

Those central morons needs to build big stadiums indeed. Only Lubumbashi should get a 50-60,000 seater stadium though. Wlilst other cities can should get stadiums that are 20-40,000 depending on crowd demands and that can be easily expanded.
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2011, 07:22 PM   #65
Rayman87
Registered User
 
Rayman87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Anywhere on Earth
Posts: 1,217
Likes (Received): 615

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTEMBO21 View Post
I was having illusions when i said i want to see the Stadium updates. Here they are.

Will have restaurants , Bank




WHY the stadium is built so close to the city ?
It will cost to much money to expend it. It's a pity.
Rayman87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2011, 07:34 PM   #66
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.
 
BUTEMBO21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under the Sun and the Moon
Posts: 43,996
Likes (Received): 5958

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayman87 View Post
WHY the stadium is built so close to the city ?
It will cost to much money to expend it. It's a pity.
Where did you want it to be built?

They built the stadium where so many Mazembe fans live.

Its a private Stadium. Shall i be expanded , they know they got to pay lots of money. They have the money to do that. The objective is to built the stadium in the heart of their supporter's part of the city.
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 07:26 AM   #67
ILOVERDC13
Forever RDC
 
ILOVERDC13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Johannesburg
Posts: 788
Likes (Received): 132

I didn't like the stadium because Mazembe is a big club in Africa and deserve a bigger stadium but what is done, is done. I hope this is phase one.
ILOVERDC13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 12:07 PM   #68
preme3000
Registered User
 
preme3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Republic of SSCity
Posts: 4,055
Likes (Received): 987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayman87 View Post
WHY the stadium is built so close to the city ?
It will cost to much money to expend it. It's a pity.
It is true that it will cost more to expand but usually stadium planners have to consider ease of transportation to and from the stadium. I am sure the stadium will also be used for other events other than football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVERDC13 View Post
I didn't like the stadium because Mazembe is a big club in Africa and deserve a bigger stadium but what is done, is done. I hope this is phase one.
I believe being able to expand the stadium was included in the planning. Remember a smaller stadium is less of a nightmare to manage. The capacity will be 18,000 expanding to 25,000.The latter number is actually enough to qualify as a host stadium in case of a CAN tournement.


Personally, I would have preferred a bigger stadium too but i am sure the experts had their reasons and research findings to come to the conclusion they did. I would like to see 5 additional big stadiums around the countries and for DRC to start hosting under 17s, under 21 tournments to start with. These can be done with private money and sponsors, just with government incentives such as free plots of land, for example. That would be a little bit unrealistic at the moment though, with the state of the world economy and our own issues.

Last edited by BUTEMBO21; May 10th, 2011 at 04:52 PM.
preme3000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 04:51 PM   #69
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.
 
BUTEMBO21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under the Sun and the Moon
Posts: 43,996
Likes (Received): 5958

Quote:
Originally Posted by preme3000 View Post
It is true that it will cost more to expand but usually stadium planners have to consider ease of transportation to and from the stadium. I am sure the stadium will also be used for other events other than football.
I don't understand why you guys want the stadium outside the city. That doesn't make any sense at all.


In the US stadiums are in the middle of the city or Downtown/CBD. In most Europe (if not all) they also build stadiums in a location that is more suitable for the fans transportation.

Mazembe Stadium is built in the heart of it fan's commune Kamalondo. Makes no sense to go build a stadium away from where fans live.


The stadium will only be for Football.


Quote:
I believe being able to expand the stadium was included in the planning. Remember a smaller stadium is less of a nightmare to manage. The capacity will be 18,000 expanding to 25,000.The latter number is actually enough to qualify as a host stadium in case of a CAN tournement.


Personally, I would have preferred a bigger stadium too
but i am sure the experts had their reasons and research findings to come to the conclusion they did. I would like to see 5 additional big stadiums around the countries and for DRC to start hosting under 17s, under 21 tournments to start with. These can be done with private money and sponsors, just with government incentives such as free plots of land, for example. That would be a little bit unrealistic at the moment though, with the state of the world economy and our own issues.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVERDC13 View Post
I didn't like the stadium because Mazembe is a big club in Africa and deserve a bigger stadium but what is done, is done. I hope this is phase one.
Mazembe fan base is 30,000. You want a half empty stadium?

Mazembe doesn't have too many fans like Vita and DCMP. So to build a stadium of 18-25,000 capacity is a perfect calculation.

Last edited by BUTEMBO21; May 10th, 2011 at 05:05 PM.
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 05:05 PM   #70
ILOVERDC13
Forever RDC
 
ILOVERDC13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Johannesburg
Posts: 788
Likes (Received): 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by preme3000 View Post
It is true that it will cost more to expand but usually stadium planners have to consider ease of transportation to and from the stadium. I am sure the stadium will also be used for other events other than football.



I believe being able to expand the stadium was included in the planning. Remember a smaller stadium is less of a nightmare to manage. The capacity will be 18,000 expanding to 25,000.The latter number is actually enough to qualify as a host stadium in case of a CAN tournement.


Personally, I would have preferred a bigger stadium too but i am sure the experts had their reasons and research findings to come to the conclusion they did. I would like to see 5 additional big stadiums around the countries and for DRC to start hosting under 17s, under 21 tournments to start with. These can be done with private money and sponsors, just with government incentives such as free plots of land, for example. That would be a little bit unrealistic at the moment though, with the state of the world economy and our own issues.
First of all, I'm suprised that they expand this stadium, back when I was in Lshi the stadium was really small and it was surrounded by houses. I don't think they can expand it any bigger. When I said i hope it is phase 1 because I want this to be like their training ground.
ILOVERDC13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 05:12 PM   #71
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.
 
BUTEMBO21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under the Sun and the Moon
Posts: 43,996
Likes (Received): 5958

It will not be expanded.
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 05:13 PM   #72
ILOVERDC13
Forever RDC
 
ILOVERDC13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Johannesburg
Posts: 788
Likes (Received): 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTEMBO21 View Post
I don't understand why you guys want the stadium outside the city. That doesn't make any sense at all.


In the US stadiums are in the middle of the city or Downtown/CBD. In most Europe (if not all) they also build stadiums in a location that is more suitable for the fans transportation.

Mazembe Stadium is built in the heart of it fan's commune Kamalondo. Makes no sense to go build a stadium away from where fans live.


The stadium will only be for Football.








Mazembe fan base is 30,000. You want a half empty stadium?

Mazembe doesn't have too many fans like Vita and DCMP. So to build a stadium of 18-25,000 capacity is a perfect calculation.
When I used to live in Lubumbashi, I couldn't go watch a Mazembe game in Kenya because my parents thought it wasn't safe enough for me and back then Mazembe fans base wasn't bigger than now. Now in a city of about 4 million Mazembe has the support of most Lushois no matter where you live. I'm pretty sure if Mazembe build a safer stadium, about 45k it will always be full when it's big matches
ILOVERDC13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 05:46 PM   #73
preme3000
Registered User
 
preme3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Republic of SSCity
Posts: 4,055
Likes (Received): 987

Quote:
I don't understand why you guys want the stadium outside the city. That doesn't make any sense at all.
Butembo, I can't see where I stated I wanted the stadium outside of the city. I think you misunderstood my point. Let me rephrase, the ease of transportation in a the city is one of the reasons that would have been considered for choosing the position of the stadium. The further away from the city, the more difficult it is for people to get to. They would have completed this basic homework before a brick was laid anyway.

Can you provide a source that says mazembe's fanbase is 30,000?


Quote:
First of all, I'm suprised that they expand this stadium, back when I was in Lshi the stadium was really small and it was surrounded by houses. I don't think they can expand it any bigger. When I said i hope it is phase 1 because I want this to be like their training ground.
thanks for clarifying, they seem like a very ambitious club so lets see what they do with their current success.
preme3000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 06:03 PM   #74
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.
 
BUTEMBO21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under the Sun and the Moon
Posts: 43,996
Likes (Received): 5958

Quote:
Originally Posted by preme3000 View Post
Can you provide a source that says mazembe's fanbase is 30,000?
I don't have a source .

But the highest de la Kenya stadium ever filled is 50,000 when its a Mazembe vs Lupopo or Mazembe vs Vita/DCMP

It has the most fans within Lubumbashi of course. But to me knowledge it doesn't go beyond that number (If it does, it could be an extra 5-10,000 fans due to most of last decade Lubumbashi population explosion).
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2011, 03:02 PM   #75
Rayman87
Registered User
 
Rayman87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Anywhere on Earth
Posts: 1,217
Likes (Received): 615

It don't have to be outside of the city Butembo. What shocked me is how close the street and some buildings are to the stadium. And for a club like TP MAZEMBE, which will attract more and more poeple in their arena in a short time, it's more wise to build the stadium somewhere there's enough space so it can be expanded rather than distroying the neighbourhood or moving away from the site to build another stadium (in both case they lose money while expending it, they will save money). Ok for the fact that they want to be close to their fans, but now TP MAZEMBE (imo) represents more Lubumbashi than a specifique neighbourhood. The real aficionados of the club will still know in which part of the city the roots of the club are and respect it, but at the same time having a stadium which is somewhere else in the city and respecting that also (still imo).

Last edited by Rayman87; May 11th, 2011 at 03:13 PM.
Rayman87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2011, 04:17 PM   #76
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.
 
BUTEMBO21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under the Sun and the Moon
Posts: 43,996
Likes (Received): 5958

I got your point.
Mazembe fans are found all over the city, although Kamalondo is the traditional supporters base.
However. The Chairman of the team himself knows reasons why he wanted the stadium in that Commune.

I don't think they planned for an expansion after looking at the architecture.
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2011, 04:22 PM   #77
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.
 
BUTEMBO21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under the Sun and the Moon
Posts: 43,996
Likes (Received): 5958

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVERDC13 View Post
When I used to live in Lubumbashi, I couldn't go watch a Mazembe game in Kenya because my parents thought it wasn't safe enough for me and back then Mazembe fans base wasn't bigger than now. Now in a city of about 4 million Mazembe has the support of most Lushois no matter where you live. I'm pretty sure if Mazembe build a safer stadium, about 45k it will always be full when it's big matches
I know they are all over the city and beyond. But Kamalondo is the traditional home.

Lubumbashi being almost 4 million people today. But there are other teams that have lots of fans as well. Lupopo, Lubumbashi Sport, US Kenya, Scom Mikishi, also have lots of fans all over the city.

I also think a bigger stadium should be built in L'shi. but De la Kenya can be upgraded to 50-60 ,000 easily. It has a big spaces on it premises.

But the Chairman of the club and his Commitee, know why they built a 25,000 capacity.
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2011, 06:21 PM   #78
ILOVERDC13
Forever RDC
 
ILOVERDC13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Johannesburg
Posts: 788
Likes (Received): 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTEMBO21 View Post
I know they are all over the city and beyond. But Kamalondo is the traditional home.

Lubumbashi being almost 4 million people today. But there are other teams that have lots of fans as well. Lupopo, Lubumbashi Sport, US Kenya, Scom Mikishi, also have lots of fans all over the city.

I also think a bigger stadium should be built in L'shi. but De la Kenya can be upgraded to 50-60 ,000 easily. It has a big spaces on it premises.

But the Chairman of the club and his Commitee, know why they built a 25,000 capacity.
Those clubs are nothing, no one supports those teams-back in the days Scom Mikishi and Lubumbashi Soprt used to be big but now it's like pshhht. The main attraction is Mazembe then Lupopo. There are two communes that are Mazembe fans Kamal and Kenya. My conclusion is this stadium should be a phase and Mazembe should build a new stadium anywhere in the city as big as 45k and the kenya one should be modernised. They can't say "we the biggest in Africa" when the stadium looks like an Egyptian club training ground
ILOVERDC13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2011, 07:26 PM   #79
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.
 
BUTEMBO21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under the Sun and the Moon
Posts: 43,996
Likes (Received): 5958

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVERDC13 View Post
The main attraction is Mazembe then Lupopo. There are two communes that are Mazembe fans Kamal and Kenya. My conclusion is this stadium should be a phase and Mazembe should build a new stadium anywhere in the city as big as 45k and the kenya one should be modernised. They can't say "we the biggest in Africa" when the stadium looks like an Egyptian club training ground
Can anyone deny that they are African kings for 2 consecutive years and still defending champions?

Building a 45,000 will require more millions. and it will require more money to maintain it.

Its a smart move to built a 25,000 seater will be sold out at almost every game , instead of a bigger stadium that will be half empty for almost every game.

The club's budget is $10 million for 2010. How much to you think it would have cost to build a 45K stadia?

I agree with one thing though. It should have been built where there is more space or they should but the space now by demolishing some houses nearby.
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2011, 08:16 PM   #80
DennisRodman817
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 11,509
Likes (Received): 29

Butembo how come there have never been a render for this stadium
DennisRodman817 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us