FOREST CITY | Iskandar Johor (Johor Bahru Baru - JBB) | U/C - Page 51 - SkyscraperCity
 

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Countdown to 2020

Countdown to 2020 new projects, proposals, under-construction updates and news of developments & construction projects.


Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old January 30th, 2018, 12:02 PM   #1001
rotiking
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 527
Likes (Received): 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHT View Post
The state government only has got around 7% ownership for the entire FC project, and the rest is majority owned by China GC and Johor royal family private investment vehicle.

And since its sold as freehold land, the state government of johor or the people of johor will not be entitled to the land even if its value appreciate by 10 or 100x. Only the private developers.

Who fund that FC project? GC will make it sound like its they who will fund the project, but in reality, they will be relying on investors money to bank roll the projects. And now that the Chinese money has stop flowing due to restriction, GC will have to look for Malaysian or elsewhere to pay for the project. Simply put, Malaysians will have to pay the China to buy Chinese land and property within the Malaysia territory. Ironic isnt it?
Ok la, Johor state gov insist not to let them reclaim land, state gov reclaim it and sell it to them, and insist on the land can only be LH. Everything singapore way, good? Result?

Country garden will turn off and not be coming, Johor in the end will gain nothing. No islands, no ppty sales, want to have extra ghost town also cannot. Is that what you want to see?

Using your methods, citing singapore is the right way, the result will only be one: NOTHING WILL HAPPENED.

Marina bay, tuas, jurong are all prime areas... like JB danga bay, we reclaim and sell the land to CG, RnF, Greenland and we can demand a premium.



Oh yea...what malaysian pay to buy?? what talking you? Forest city was built based on sales, how much they sold, will determine the size of the city. If China fund dried, then the size will be that big lor... if first buyer want to sell, they have to rugi until found a local or international buyer. There's no sales target or if they cannot find china buyers and malaysia buyers, they cant bankroll the project and the project will died off instantly. NO, this is not how it works. Hard to find buyers will make the project grow at slower pace...or even halt for years, the ghost town will still be there, they will continue on to build if there is sales again. And we are not afraid of ghost town, our bank are not affected, our ppl are not buying, so the economical impact is minimal to us, only to gain and nothing much to loss.

By the way, heard any china stringent capital control news again? The capital control is not something new or only implemented since last year..... it is there since china open to the global market, and the policy is there all along, just they are not enforcing it. Now pretty much back to usual, and not to my worry the china money not coming.
__________________

byong_sun, EzadHfizy liked this post
rotiking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 30th, 2018, 02:50 PM   #1002
CHT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,052
Likes (Received): 547

The reason why Johor land will not worth as much is because there are over abundance of cheap land, many of which are scarcely developed and there is no central urban planner to manage the supply and demand or urban planning. And to add salt to the wound, the state of johor is getting China to reclaim a massive pcs of land and adding even more housing supply to depress the housing market even further.

If I read it correctly in some report that almost 70% of the FC properties were sold to Chinese, many of which are offered as buy 1 get 1 free bundle and these Chinese who bought them do not even have any intention of living in FC.

So when all these fancy looking projects TOP, you are going to see a bunch of ghost city and apartment.
CHT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 03:47 PM   #1003
Brown_Eastern
Registered User
 
Brown_Eastern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,781
Likes (Received): 861

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHT View Post
The reason why Johor land will not worth as much is because there are over abundance of cheap land, many of which are scarcely developed and there is no central urban planner to manage the supply and demand or urban planning. And to add salt to the wound, the state of johor is getting China to reclaim a massive pcs of land and adding even more housing supply to depress the housing market even further.

If I read it correctly in some report that almost 70% of the FC properties were sold to Chinese, many of which are offered as buy 1 get 1 free bundle and these Chinese who bought them do not even have any intention of living in FC.

So when all these fancy looking projects TOP, you are going to see a bunch of ghost city and apartment.
Feel free to explore http://geoportal.johor.gov.my/en/pet...natanah/jbahru
Brown_Eastern está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 30th, 2018, 04:10 PM   #1004
CHT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,052
Likes (Received): 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown_Eastern View Post
Where will you consider as the main commercial hub or financial district of Johor?

Where do you consider as the most prestigious residential estate in Johor?
CHT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 04:19 PM   #1005
Brown_Eastern
Registered User
 
Brown_Eastern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,781
Likes (Received): 861

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHT View Post
Where will you consider as the main commercial hub or financial district of Johor?

Where do you consider as the most prestigious residential estate in Johor?
IIBD, Bukit Senyum, Medini, Putri Habour, Danga Bay etc
__________________

EzadHfizy liked this post
Brown_Eastern está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 04:33 PM   #1006
CHT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,052
Likes (Received): 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown_Eastern View Post
IIBD, Bukit Senyum, Medini, Putri Habour, Danga Bay etc
So many commercial hub and financial district all over JB?
Arent these all new high rise development and many barely TOP of occupied?

What about the old Johor business district? Lost it shine to newer one because its new? Is there no such thing as prime or central Location in JB?
__________________

Vince, atmapgnew, WingWing liked this post
CHT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 04:48 PM   #1007
Brown_Eastern
Registered User
 
Brown_Eastern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,781
Likes (Received): 861

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHT View Post
So many commercial hub and financial district all over JB?
Arent these all new high rise development and many barely TOP of occupied?

What about the old Johor business district? Lost it shine to newer one because its new? Is there no such thing as prime or central Location in JB?
You sure funnylah, the distance between CS to IIBD is shorter than KLCC to Pavilion, Bukit Senyum is less than 2 km away while Danga Bay less than 5 km. The old CBD is not abandoned as what you want others to believe
__________________

EzadHfizy liked this post

Last edited by Brown_Eastern; January 30th, 2018 at 05:03 PM.
Brown_Eastern está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 04:52 PM   #1008
daeng_jal
Registered User
 
daeng_jal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: KL, Malacca
Posts: 8,116
Likes (Received): 2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHT View Post
So many commercial hub and financial district all over JB?
Arent these all new high rise development and many barely TOP of occupied?

What about the old Johor business district? Lost it shine to newer one because its new? Is there no such thing as prime or central Location in JB?
that basically how capitalism work

i mean in tokyo there's roponggi, ginza, shinzuku, akihabara, etc etc
everyone built what they want to maximize their revenue and not because they are told so by a committee.

i get it, you may think that a planned economy is great and all, its has it virtue and weakness just like every other policy. and its your right to like it . but others too has the right to not like it, to be told what to do and built it differently.
__________________
I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

atmapgnew liked this post
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 04:59 PM   #1009
CHT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,052
Likes (Received): 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown_Eastern View Post
You sure funnylah, the distance between CS to IIBD is shorter than KLCC to Pavilion, Bukit Senyum is less than 2 km away while Danga Bay less than 5 km. The old CBD is not abandoned as what you want others to believe
So there is no such thing as central JB, and all the commercial activities are scattered all over JB and very soon FC will become another commercial hub.


Did you not just unknowingly validated my point about development in JB are scattered all over due to the lack of central planning. It seems every corner is a hub and every development is the new CBD.
__________________

atmapgnew liked this post
CHT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 05:03 PM   #1010
Brown_Eastern
Registered User
 
Brown_Eastern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,781
Likes (Received): 861

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHT View Post
So there is no such thing as central JB, and all the commercial activities are scattered all over JB and very soon FC will become another commercial hub.


Did you not just unknowingly validated my point about development in JB are scattered all over due to the lack of central planning. It seems every corner is a hub and every development is the new CBD.
FYI, only IIBD specifically designated as financial district, others are residential estate and services. Currently there is only one CBD, and it is the most functioning CBD outside Klang Valley
__________________

EzadHfizy liked this post
Brown_Eastern está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 05:03 PM   #1011
EzadHfizy
Registered User
 
EzadHfizy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,194
Likes (Received): 1049

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHT View Post
So many commercial hub and financial district all over JB?
Arent these all new high rise development and many barely TOP of occupied?

What about the old Johor business district? Lost it shine to newer one because its new? Is there no such thing as prime or central Location in JB?
IIBD at old jb city..
from zoo johor to r&f to double tree is Ibrahim International Business District.. soon will have Coronation Square, pedestrian bridge, future RTS station, JB Sentral & CIQ, R&F Princess Cove with Opera House, UTC at [email protected], heritage shop houses - lots of cafés, local store and Segget redevelopment with landscaping project will start soon plus few existing office tower, banks, hotels and shopping mall..

near this area will have One Bukit Senyum, and existing Setia Sky and so on..

other than that is Medini City.. Iskandar Malaysia is a long term economic development plan. not just plan today, build and be ready 5-10 years later then will close down..

if not fully occupied now, it will occupied later.. since BRT, RTS & HSR is coming.. so i'm sure JB will attract more big company to open here so that people will earn more money and of course they will stay & buy a property here even it's not YOU.. SYUHHHH SYUHHHH..
__________________

Brown_Eastern liked this post
EzadHfizy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 05:13 PM   #1012
CHT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,052
Likes (Received): 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeng_jal View Post
that basically how capitalism work

i mean in tokyo there's roponggi, ginza, shinzuku, akihabara, etc etc
everyone built what they want to maximize their revenue and not because they are told so by a committee.

i get it, you may think that a planned economy is great and all, its has it virtue and weakness just like every other policy. and its your right to like it . but others too has the right to not like it, to be told what to do and built it differently.
Do not confuse urban planning to planning economy. Without proper urban planning you create inefficiency, poor utilisation of land and space, poor living standard, traffic congestion and lack economy of scale to create a vibrant eco system within the urban environment.

So am I right to say that there is no such thing as central JB?
__________________

atmapgnew liked this post
CHT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 05:23 PM   #1013
Brown_Eastern
Registered User
 
Brown_Eastern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,781
Likes (Received): 861

Even with a solid proof, he pretend to be blind and deaf. He is sure a troll...Dear mod...

In singapore, there is Marina downtown, then there is orchard road, novena and in the future jurong. So the most planned singapore also don't have 'sentral' right....
__________________

EzadHfizy, lodylody liked this post
Brown_Eastern está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 05:33 PM   #1014
CHT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,052
Likes (Received): 547

I am aware that they are many high rise buildings and fancy cities popping up around johor but do you not realise that majority of these high rise are in fact overpriced residential projects and selling the same run on the mill products such as international school, medical suites /hospital, malls etc to make it appealing for expats, not Johorians.

Do you not realise there is a major lack of investment in commercial office buildings that are not strata divided. So if you have no grade A commercial buildings, how are you going attract MNC to set up office in JB?

I guess the prove of the pudding is in the tasting. So lets just see how many of these plan will actually be built and materialised and how the city is going to absorb massive high rise residential supply then they TOP.

Please dont put too much hope on the HSR because when HSR is ready, Singaporeans will be looking at properties further north for investment. Perhaps in KL, Melacca etc.
__________________

atmapgnew liked this post
CHT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 05:42 PM   #1015
daeng_jal
Registered User
 
daeng_jal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: KL, Malacca
Posts: 8,116
Likes (Received): 2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHT View Post
Do not confuse urban planning to planning economy. Without proper urban planning you create inefficiency, poor utilisation of land and space, poor living standard, traffic congestion and lack economy of scale to create a vibrant eco system within the urban environment.

So am I right to say that there is no such thing as central JB?
there is no 'central' selangor as well.
there's a 'central' in HK, but it not really what you would could SG type central business district

true efficiency are brought in by free market capitalism. there's a different between singapore type urban planning vs the rest of the world, las vegas comes about in the middle of the desert and urban planning is meant to support it rather than a simcity type of this is where the casino is, this is where the train is. ohh look the rail won't work since car has an upper hand in efficiencies, so let just make it expensive so the rail could be cheaper type.
__________________
I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 05:42 PM   #1016
CHT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,052
Likes (Received): 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown_Eastern View Post
Even with a solid proof, he pretend to be blind and deaf. He is sure a troll...Dear mod...

In singapore, there is Marina downtown, then there is orchard road, novena and in the future jurong. So the most planned singapore also don't have 'sentral' right....
In Singapore they have core central region, rest of central region and outside core region. And all fortune 500 financial institutions are located in the core central area, an area which IOI recently paid RM7 billion to acquire a piece of state land on 99 years lease to build grade A commercial building

As for Novena, its a well know medical hub consisting of both public TTSH and private hospital suites and hotel which is run by Parkway Medical

And all these cluster of business district in Singapore are all planned and developed by government, and all are served by MRT network and public transport hub which is built by the government.
__________________

atmapgnew, WingWing liked this post
CHT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 05:49 PM   #1017
CHT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,052
Likes (Received): 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeng_jal View Post
there is no 'central' selangor as well.
there's a 'central' in HK, but it not really what you would could SG type central business district

true efficiency are brought in by free market capitalism. there's a different between singapore type urban planning vs the rest of the world, las vegas comes about in the middle of the desert and urban planning is meant to support it rather than a simcity type of this is where the casino is, this is where the train is. ohh look the rail won't work since car has an upper hand in efficiencies, so let just make it expensive so the rail could be cheaper type.
There is no such thing as free market capitalism in urban development because developers and land bankers out there to make money for themselves and not for the country or the people.

And thats why Johor will find it tough to justify infrastructure spending on MRT etc to improve the life of its people because there is no pay back in such investment and any such spending will only end up boosting land and asset value for private developers and land banker, which in turn will make even more money by selling it back to the people. Which mean, the state will always be poor.
__________________

Vince, atmapgnew, emi172, WingWing liked this post
CHT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 05:51 PM   #1018
Brown_Eastern
Registered User
 
Brown_Eastern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,781
Likes (Received): 861

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHT View Post
In Singapore they have core central region, rest of central region and outside core region. And all fortune 500 financial institutions are located in the core central area, an area which IOI recently paid RM7 billion to acquire a piece of state land on 99 years lease to build grade A commercial building

As for Novena, its a well know medical hub consisting of both public TTSH and private hospital suites and hotel which is run by Parkway Medical

And all these cluster of business district in Singapore are all planned and developed by government, and all are served by MRT network and public transport hub which is built by the government.
First you accused there is no real 'central' for JB as if it is a bad thing and try to force Johor to emulate singapore, then you said there is several 'central' scattered around singapore...

And when JB want to create other future centrals, it is like a biggest sin ever
Brown_Eastern está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 06:02 PM   #1019
CHT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,052
Likes (Received): 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown_Eastern View Post
First you accused there is no real 'central' for JB as if it is a bad thing and try to force Johor to emulate singapore, then you said there is several 'central' scattered around singapore...

And when JB want to create other future centrals, it is like a biggest sin ever
Singapore urban planning is no different to other major city. They will always be a main financial or CBD and the term "central" is geographically dependent and the most convenient place for people to work because its centrally located. Also the most sort after address for companies.

So it does not make any sense when you say JB creating other future centrals. Perhaps thats what the developers is selling, FC in the western end can be central too. Central to what?
__________________

atmapgnew liked this post
CHT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 06:13 PM   #1020
Brown_Eastern
Registered User
 
Brown_Eastern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,781
Likes (Received): 861

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHT View Post
Singapore urban planning is no different to other major city. They will always be a main financial or CBD and the term "central" is geographically dependent and the most convenient place for people to work because its centrally located. Also the most sort after address for companies.

So it does not make any sense when you say JB creating other future centrals. Perhaps thats what the developers is selling, FC in the western end can be central too. Central to what?
Central of the Iskandar Puteri City, and the location shall be in Medini + Puteri Habour, FC is never intended to be a central for any JB region, it's ads never mention of such, in fact it may fall under Iskandar Puteri City Council governing area.
__________________

Dary_10 liked this post
Brown_Eastern está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us