Old towns of Germany: Butzbach (Hessen) - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 31st, 2010, 07:51 PM   #21
Dr.Mabuse
Proud Member of the DWF!

Likes (Received): 554

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelesHomais View Post
Incredible city. Thanks for the pictures.

About the discussion: there are, unfortunately, very few buildings in New York from 1600's and they are former farms, not beautiful city-buildings (they were destroyed in New York in the 19th century)
Why were they destroyed in New York in the 19th century?
Dr.Mabuse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 15th, 2010, 03:00 PM   #22
JamesKel1971

Likes (Received): 0

Very beautiful pictures...awesome architecture and yeah they do have the old world charm of the 1600s and perfectly recreated to give an ancient feel. Thanks for the experience... definitely on my list of places to visit!
Old July 12th, 2012, 10:46 PM   #23
butzbach

Butz

Great pics. Home from 1984-86. great bier!!! Licher!!!!

Not getting on the bandwagon but many of the buildings are older than 1600s period in Butzbach. The wall was partially Roman.

Great place to hold up outside of Frankfurt.
butzbach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 8th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #24
kaczmarekd

I was stationed there myself from 1964 - 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanacheri View Post
Butzbach was my home from 1964-1967. My husband was an Army officer with the 16th Signal Bn. stationed at Schloss Kaserne. We arrived shortly before Christmas with our 3 month old son. Seeing these pictures has filled my heart with the most wonderful memories. Thank you and God bless you!
I was also stationed at schloss kaserne from 1964 to 1967. My name is Dan Kaczmarek, sgt E-5, and I worked in the training room during that time in Company B, 16th signal battalion. I worked with a lot of officers during that time. What was your husbands name? Thank you and hope to here from you.
kaczmarekd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2016, 03:30 PM   #25
mailclerk

Was in Butzbach too.

Hello Dan and the unnamed first poster...I was in 16th Signal from 63 to June 65...gave you your mail. BTW there is a facebook group called Schloss Kaserne that you may be interested in looking at.
mailclerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2019, 08:57 PM   #26
Roadking1970

Coming of Age in Butzbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanacheri View Post
Butzbach was my home from 1964-1967. My husband was an Army officer with the 16th Signal Bn. stationed at Schloss Kaserne. We arrived shortly before Christmas with our 3 month old son. Seeing these pictures has filled my heart with the most wonderful memories. Thank you and God bless you!
My Dad was also stationed at Schloss Kaserne and was also with the 16th Sig Btn. from 67 to 70. He, then, was 1SG of "B"ravo Company. Retired CSM in 1974, went to work on the Space Shuttle program at Cape Canaveral, retired again in 95, still lives 15 minutes from the base, enjoying retire life.
I imagine you and your family lived on Texas Rd, Roman Way Housing Area in Butzbach. We lived on Michigan Rd. Attended Frankfurt High School during "my coming of age" time in Butzbach. Have been back 6 times, loved every minute of our time there. People were friendly, town was laid back and super clean.
Roadking1970 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement