Birmingham Residential Developments - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Birmingham Metro Area

Birmingham Metro Area Birmingham, Coventry, Wolverhampton and the West Midlands

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 31st, 2007, 07:40 PM   #1
Erebus555
It's Sting. So What?

Likes (Received): 272

Birmingham Residential Developments

This is a showcase for any residential developments that are too small to warrant their own thread (not house extensions please! )! Also, discuss anything about apartments here such as the market.
The UK Housing Wiki - Attempting to document every tower block, council estate, private estate, housing association, tower block construction/ demolition method, tower block architect, tower block construction company... etc etc, in the UK. Everything to do with postwar residences! - Please join and help!

EREBUS - OFFICIAL MOD CANDIDATE 2011 - BRITISH MODS FOR BRITISH PEOPLE!
Erebus555 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 1st, 2007, 02:17 AM   #2
Engels
Simples

Likes (Received): 546

Eagerly awaiting what the new phase of Jupiter will look like. Would like some decent renders but don't think they did any.

You were given this because people loved you, because people you never knew worked to feed you and long before you were born people died to protect you and to give you the opportunities they never had.

Life doesn't owe you anything! YOU owe life!
Engels no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2007, 11:48 AM   #3
mk61
Yep

Likes (Received): 77

Where is the new phase going anyway?
mk61 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 4th, 2007, 04:28 PM   #4
city living

Likes (Received): 1

Here's the website
www.jupiter.redrow.co.uk

Last edited by city living; December 4th, 2007 at 04:35 PM.
city living no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2007, 05:29 PM   #5
mk61
Yep

Cheers!
Old January 3rd, 2008, 04:30 PM   #6
feltip

Likes (Received): 510

There is a thread with developments in your area but I can't find it so putting this here.

Planning app for apartments which look quite smart and cant help but make this bit of Stirchley a bit better.

S/07000/07/FUL
1256-1258 Pershore Road, Stirchley, Birmingham,
Proposal
Alteration of building, extension of retail shop and construction of 7 apartments, walls, a covered parking area

GREATER BIRMINGHAM
feltip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2008, 05:16 PM   #7
Brummyboy92
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 1582

There nice, really nice. Apartments these days just look like they have been made too fast and not a lot of money spent on them, but from what I can see these look preety good.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 05:18 PM   #8
Erebus555
It's Sting. So What?

Good to see they are retaining the building here, especially as it isn't listed. Surely it's more expensive to retain a building than it is to demolish and rebuild?
The UK Housing Wiki - Attempting to document every tower block, council estate, private estate, housing association, tower block construction/ demolition method, tower block architect, tower block construction company... etc etc, in the UK. Everything to do with postwar residences! - Please join and help!

Old February 3rd, 2008, 01:51 PM   #9
mk61
Yep

A couple of shots of the completed development on Granville St behind O'Neills.

Anybody know what this is called?

[IMG]http://i32.************/2igziom.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i26.************/suy3c9.jpg[/IMG]
Old February 3rd, 2008, 02:48 PM   #10
Bachy Soletanche
Disco and drugs trade

Likes (Received): 3897

Is that the old Synagogue site? I Like 'em though
"What do you thus rail at me, as if I had done such an heinous act, contrary to the nature of man? I tell you that if you did but know how pleasant the taste of man's flesh was, none of you all would forbear to eat it;"
Bachy Soletanche no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2008, 03:04 PM   #11
Erebus555
It's Sting. So What?

They're not bad, to be fair! Thanks for the pics

Old February 3rd, 2008, 05:28 PM   #12
Engels
Simples

The problem with development like this is the road and pavements really need to be twice as wide for this to fit in. At the top of granville st (broad st end) it now feels far too cramped by a building of this size and the hotel on the opposite corner.

You were given this because people loved you, because people you never knew worked to feed you and long before you were born people died to protect you and to give you the opportunities they never had.

Old February 3rd, 2008, 05:48 PM   #13
Brummyboy92
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 1582

Yeah from that pic it does look to squashed
Old February 3rd, 2008, 07:04 PM   #14
city living

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk61 View Post
A couple of shots of the completed development on Granville St behind O'Neills.

Anybody know what this is called?
Nice pics MK. Its called Cutlass Court.
city living no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2008, 10:40 PM   #15
Nacho

Likes (Received): 291

I quite like that . Thanks for the photos .
Nacho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2008, 01:47 AM   #16
liberty57

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engels View Post
Eagerly awaiting what the new phase of Jupiter will look like. Would like some decent renders but don't think they did any.
Don't get too excited Engels, its as plain as the others, the only hope for this is that eventually when Cala builds on the other side of Sherbourne st the area will be quite built up and safer with lots of people about. A bit of retail and landscaping and new tarmac and Sherbourne st might be ok
liberty57 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2008, 03:51 AM   #17
Bulldozer

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engels View Post
The problem with development like this is the road and pavements really need to be twice as wide for this to fit in. At the top of granville st (broad st end) it now feels far too cramped by a building of this size and the hotel on the opposite corner.
Excelent point, if developers wish to build tall they should have to increase the pavements and leave more POS areas, by setting back or spaying corners more .

Interested in old or new Machinery ?
Visit the Wiki for all Tractors, Construction Plant, Steam Engines and Heavy Haulage enthusiasts to collect information on the history of and collecting of all types and models of machines.
http://tractors.wikia.com
Help build the database to include every machine type made or used in the UK

"If you don't ask the question how do you get an answer!"

"If you don't want the answer don't ask the question"

Bulldozer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2008, 06:37 PM   #18
Erebus555
It's Sting. So What?

But looking at the picture of the development, it does seem like that the street isn't busy at all. Maybe it is quite a silly assertion to make as it is just a couple of photos on one day. In areas like this, the pavement doesn't really need to be widened. In other areas, such as the newly proposed Beorma Quarter, the pavement could do with widening as this is where many buses stop and many people will congregate anyway.

Old February 5th, 2008, 10:34 PM   #19
Engels
Simples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebus555 View Post
But looking at the picture of the development, it does seem like that the street isn't busy at all. Maybe it is quite a silly assertion to make as it is just a couple of photos on one day. In areas like this, the pavement doesn't really need to be widened. In other areas, such as the newly proposed Beorma Quarter, the pavement could do with widening as this is where many buses stop and many people will congregate anyway.
It's not just about the width of the pavement, there are problems of day light in the street, the general ambiance of a street can be ruined by over development and overlooking is a major concern with residential developments.

Old February 5th, 2008, 10:42 PM   #20
Engels
Simples

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty57 View Post
Don't get too excited Engels, its as plain as the others, the only hope for this is that eventually when Cala builds on the other side of Sherbourne st the area will be quite built up and safer with lots of people about. A bit of retail and landscaping and new tarmac and Sherbourne st might be ok
The most recent phase of Jupiter was pretty good i think. Well i liked it anyway.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement