One Eastside | James Watt Queensway | Residential | 51/15fl | 155/51m | Prop. - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Birmingham Metro Area

Birmingham Metro Area Birmingham, Coventry, Wolverhampton and the West Midlands

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 27th, 2019, 03:54 PM   #21
rotundazag

Likes (Received): 1208

Assume they have a shedload of money judging by the size of the developments proposed.

What have they built so far?
rotundazag no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 27th, 2019, 04:06 PM   #22
mylesbrum

Likes (Received): 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotundazag View Post
Assume they have a shedload of money judging by the size of the developments proposed.

What have they built so far?

They're currently building Arden Gate, The Axium and The Toybox and they're responsible for the upcoming SK Digbeth and Holloway Head developments.

(all small scale may I add... strange how they're basically going from a minor developer to the most influential in the city within the blink of an eye)

rotundazag liked this post
mylesbrum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 04:13 PM   #23
RalphGuy

Likes (Received): 4822

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesbrum View Post
They're currently building Arden Gate, The Axium and The Toybox and they're responsible for the upcoming SK Digbeth and Holloway Head developments.

(all small scale may I add... strange how they're basically going from a minor developer to the most influential in the city within the blink of an eye)

myles, they're not small scale developments. SK Digbeth and Holloway Head have about 500 units each. They also did the conversion of Sutton Town Hall and the neighbouring new build which was a prestigious project. These guys have got a proven track record and let's hope it continues for many years to come.

Old January 27th, 2019, 04:14 PM   #24
jonfsnow

Likes (Received): 1791

The windows in the second render on the building on the left are awful, good to see some renders but it's quite dull design-wise.

We should stop comparing our developments to other cities in the UK, it shows a lack of ambition, we should be looking to the world and what they're doing, some stunning architecture on here, Birmingham has a mention about the library and New Street, nothing else new of note from an international perspective, and that's where we should be competing. https://www.dezeen.com

That being said, decent public realm, not many bars, cafes in this area so good to see some amenities adjoining the residential

aqeembayor, Wodensfelder, Bham123 liked this post

Last edited by jonfsnow; January 27th, 2019 at 04:29 PM.
jonfsnow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 04:34 PM   #25
sefton66

Likes (Received): 8029

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesbrum View Post

Arden gate and toyboz and also Axium are sizeable build projects, itís not so much a jump theyíve just got a smaller plot of land to play with so it goes up instead of out cost wise probably not much difference with land prices etc.
sefton66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 04:47 PM   #26
SMUK86

Likes (Received): 1371

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_kimber View Post
m

Amazing news to wake up to! This will be incredible and as far as the other tower goes then a 1000 units surely is 60 fl +?!?
57FL has been mentioned on here.
SMUK86 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 04:59 PM   #27
Brum X

Likes (Received): 17675

Awesome news guys, again not what you expect to find on a Sunday.

Is sunday the new Thursday or have i missed something ?? LOL

Now we can put this monster tower on my Brum skyline pic that i posted yesterday from BHX, Truly fantastic.

RalphGuy, rotundazag, Kingsheathen liked this post
Brum X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 05:02 PM   #28
GregglesUK

Likes (Received): 973

Sorry if itís just me, but there are 2 separate developments being discussed here. 1. One Eastside, the pic on the top of this thread, near emporium, and 2. The Charter, in Digbeth. I was getting confused. Does the Charter need itís own thread?

Brum X, Bureau des etrangers liked this post
GregglesUK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 05:03 PM   #29
sefton66

I think we’re gonna be getting a few good days this year shifted into a different gear at last

Sandblast liked this post
Old January 27th, 2019, 05:04 PM   #30
sefton66

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregglesUK View Post
Sorry if itís just me, but there are 2 separate developments being discussed here. 1. One Eastside, the pic on the top of this thread, near emporium, and 2. The Charter, in Digbeth. I was getting confused. Does the Charter need itís own thread?

Thereís not much detail about the charter as yet if wait until we have more info on it before making a thread

Maybe we can discuss the charter in the Digbeth or Birmingham development thread though
Old January 27th, 2019, 05:21 PM   #31
mylesbrum

Likes (Received): 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphGuy View Post
myles, they're not small scale developments. SK Digbeth and Holloway Head have about 500 units each. They also did the conversion of Sutton Town Hall and the neighbouring new build which was a prestigious project. These guys have got a proven track record and let's hope it continues for many years to come.
For some reason I keep thinking that the taller the building is, the bigger the development is It is nice to see them jumping from midrise to skyscrapers all of a sudden though, a sign of intent!

RalphGuy, Hasaandoo liked this post
mylesbrum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 05:46 PM   #32
Brum X

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregglesUK View Post
Your not the only one Greggles

GregglesUK liked this post
Old January 27th, 2019, 07:38 PM   #33
Brum X

Old January 27th, 2019, 07:46 PM   #34
Brum X

So do we have x 2 slightly different designs for this tower or do both sides look different as per my CGI and those that myles posted earlier today ??

brumb liked this post
Old January 27th, 2019, 09:03 PM   #35
Sandblast

Likes (Received): 4505

With this tower, plus all the others in the pipeline due for completion over the next 3 years or so, the view of town coming along the Coventry Road (Bordesley Green Bypass) is going to be phenomenal. My favourite route in to town to view Birmingham's central skyline.

RalphGuy, Brum X, Hasaandoo, Bham123 liked this post
Sandblast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 09:35 PM   #36
Hasaandoo

Likes (Received): 1695

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandblast View Post
With this tower, plus all the others in the pipeline due for completion over the next 3 years or so, the view of town coming along the Coventry Road (Bordesley Green Bypass) is going to be phenomenal. My favourite route in to town to view Birmingham's central skyline.

Views from St Andrews Stadium

RalphGuy, Sandblast, Brum X, blueboy, Bham123 liked this post
Hasaandoo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 10:59 PM   #37
Bureau des etrangers
Jersey's finest

Likes (Received): 3693

The renders don't match.
The height is impressive.
But dare I say it, I'm not that overwhelmed just yet... the 19 storey build looks like it needs to go straight back to the drawing board. The taller building needs some refinement.

As others have said though. Great to see the talls coming through finally.

WarwickDan liked this post
Bureau des etrangers no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2019, 12:00 AM   #38
GregglesUK

Likes (Received): 973

The video appears to have been taken down. I'm pleased with this, and it gives me the distraction from Exchange Square phase 1 I wanted! With that and potentially Phase 2 of Exchange Square this is going to be a mini cluster.

Bham123, Hasaandoo, Brum X liked this post
GregglesUK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2019, 12:03 AM   #39
astropa

Likes (Received): 535

Great news, and this development will be just a stones throw from thedevelopment at exchange square. I believe that the height of the tallest tower in phase 2 was at some point to be of similar size to this one although last week the Birmingham post mentioned that this was now expected to be 35 stories although that is still going to be a tall tower for Brum

Bham123 liked this post
astropa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2019, 12:43 AM   #40
Route 435

Likes (Received): 257

The view along Moor Street will be impressive, but with 1 big gap and a large car park where Martineu Galleries will be built in 2052
Route 435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement