SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Croatia to build a bridge to rival France's Millau and Greek Rio-Antirio

10K views 76 replies 37 participants last post by  Rato Tvrdic 
#1 ·
Whats with all the news today, first Belgrade to build Europe's tallest skyscrapers and now this bridge?

Article itself is in Croatian. It basically states, that at the first convention of Croatian bridge-builders which began yesterday, a new plan was presented to bridge the mainland & Peljesac peninsula with a grand new bridge, thus creating an alternate passage that allows motorists to bypass Bosnia's territory on the way to tourist city of Dubrovnik. Bridge itself would be 2.5 kilometers long and the cheapest variant (which the investor has opted for) would cost between 200 and 450 million euros:eek:

This is a map of the area :

30.06.2005 20:11

OTKRIVAMO Hrvatske ceste od desetak prijedloga odabrale rješenje za most Klek - Pelješec
Stupovi mosta viši od zagrebačke Katedrale
Autor VESNA BRNABIĆ

Na prvom saboru hrvatskih mostograditelja, koji je jučer počeo na Brijunima, predstavljen je i projekt mosta kopno - poluotok Pelješac. O tome smo razgovarali s Jurom Radićem, koji je, uz Zlatka Šavora i Anu Mandić, projektant mosta.
2,5 kilometara
Zadnji završni idejni projekt mosta Klek - Pelješac završni je idejni projekt nastao je nakon pomnog studiranja 20-ak varijanti. Držimo da će gradnja mosta biti najveći zalogaj Hrvatske mostogradnje. Dovoljno je reći da će biti sličan grčkom mostu Rion - Antirion, ali će naš, s oko 2,5 kilometara duljine, biti veći.

Može se usporediti i s mostom Millau u Francuskoj kojeg je gradnja stajala oko 320 milijuna eura. No, naš će most Klek - Pelješac biti još zahtjevniji jer, primjerice, Millau nije građen preko mora kaže Jure Radić i navodi kako je investitoru Hrvatskim cestama prvo ponuđeno deset rješenja.

13 stupova
Investitor je odabrao ekonomski najpovoljnije rješenje. Troškovi se, za sva rješenja, kreću od 200 milijuna do 450 milijuna eura, a varijanta mosta koja je odabrana stajat će oko 250 milijuna eura, navodi Radić.

Najveći bi problem moglo biti loše temeljno tlo koje se već sada ispituje, te teškoće rada pod morem. Svaki stup mosta bit će visok kao toranj zagrebačke Katedrale. Most će se nositi 13 stupova visokih više od 100 metara. Od ukupne cijene gradnje mosta čak dvije trećine odnose se na zahtjevne radove pod morem objašnjava Radić.

Ugovor za izradu glavnog projekta između Zavoda za konstrukcije i Hrvatskih cesta je potpisan, a do Božića projekt valja predati investitoru. Početak radova predviđa se za proljeće, a rok gradnje trebao bi biti 3 do 4 godine. I ovaj most pridonijet će prometnoj integraciji RH.

Mostom Klek - Pelješac potvrdit ćemo ugled hrvatske mostogradnje u svijetu. Primjerice, Hrvatska bilježi svjetsku slavu s Krčkim mostom armiranobetonskog luka. Od 20-ak takvih mostova u svijetu, čak ih je šest u Hrvatskoj kaže Radić.

See less See more
#6 ·
It's higher than the Eiffel Tower, for one..

Actually, 2.5 km isn't as much as I expected, quite frankly maybe it would've been better to dig a tunnel through, at least it wouldn't "destroy the landscape".

But anyway, sounds nice, but the cost seems surreal, lol..

#9 · (Edited)
Mr. T said:
It is not a cable stayed bridge though. The Greek Rio-Antirio Bridge is the longest cable bridge in the world, not the longest in general.

This is an amazing project though. It will be very interesting when completed.
Does anyone know when construction will start?
HDZ in pre-election spin doctoring promised "Peljecas bridge". (Conservative Democratic Party) and since they won the election guess what...

They considered tunnel, it was deemed to expensive, so they went with the bridge.

Designs were made, and proposals made, but we are still waiting.

Bridge suppose to be part of Croatian – Adriatic –Ionian Highway project and supose to receive support of EU funds….

#24 ·
True, but still.. Actually, I just realized it now.. A huge 2.5 kilometre bridge is gonna cost €200-400 million, while a measly 5-kilometre motorway section with a kilometre-long tunnel in Ljubljana is gonna cost over €250 mln..

We are SO getting ripped off.. :runaway:

#25 ·
Maybe not...cost of pillars at sea,IMO, are expensive,due to depth. Also,construction at sea is more difficult because the lack of land:) Its cheaper to produce the concrete 100m away than 2kms away,and that has to be shipped there and such.
But if you are talking about the tunnel,then yeah,you are ripped off:)

#35 ·
totally right, this thread should close, no point having threads on something that hasn't been yet built or is at any stage of being built.

close this thread plz, thanx or merge it with Adriatic thread and if ppl want to know more about it they can visit original thread in Alpe - adria forums.

thanx

#33 ·
It is about to start!

http://www.vecernji.hr/home/manager/2903281/index.do
According to Vecernji list the Croatian company Konstruktor made the best offer in the 260 million Euro tender.
The government will await only the appeal deadline as it regards the problem with Bosnia solved. The construction could begin already this autumn, just after the signing of the contract. The bridge will be 22 m wide (4-lane!). Its construction should last 4 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.