#PROJECTS: Toowoomba - Page 12 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > Queensland > Regional Queensland

Regional Queensland Sunshine Coast, Cairns, Townsville, Mackay

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 27th, 2005, 09:12 AM   #221
Joe

Likes (Received): 0

yeah the bergohoffer center or mcafferties tower where proposed at 71m for that site as well.
Joe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2005, 09:14 AM   #222
Joe

The site owner was looking for some investment. Toowoomba Convention Centre 130m is a fantasy thou.

Last edited by Joe; May 28th, 2005 at 01:08 AM.
Old May 28th, 2005, 03:28 AM   #223
Joe

A quick update to the toowoomba skyline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 5th, 2005, 08:26 PM   #224
Danubis
i've changed my mind

Likes (Received): 2487

very good joe! pity about sunset...

has any construction begun on trinity or the margaret street one?
Danubis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2005, 01:25 PM   #225
Joe

Trilogy has just started construction. Will get some pics when i am in town next
Old June 7th, 2005, 01:27 PM   #226
Joe

The argyle on kitchener on has increased in size to 10 stories and 9 stories repectfully
Old June 7th, 2005, 02:32 PM   #227
Danubis
i've changed my mind

YAY!! so about 41m and 39m respectfully!! that extra level should make all the difference me thinks!!! good news.
Old June 7th, 2005, 02:47 PM   #228
Joe

yes very good news ... hopefully it becomes approved very quickly. Before the some what conservative toowoomba people block it
Old June 9th, 2005, 09:33 AM   #229
Joe

An artists impression of Argyle on Kitchener , from The Toowoomba Cronicle on Wednesday 8th of June .

Old June 9th, 2005, 09:34 AM   #230
Joe

A smaller pic hehe

Old June 9th, 2005, 05:10 PM   #231
Danubis
i've changed my mind

CITY FACES TOWERING ISSUES

By Susan Searle [email protected]

A $30 million, eight-storey commercial/residential development, opposite City Hall, faces almost certain approval by Toowoomba City Council today.

The plan is for shop and office space, 150-seat cafe and restaurant, 35 serviced four-star motel apartments, 28 multiple dwellings, manager’s unit and basement parking.

The complex has a swimming pool, spa, sauna and gymnasium as well as conference facilities.

Already 33 units have reportedly been sold off the Trilogy Apartments plan in the two weeks since its release.

The prospectus reveals prices started at $290,000 with a September 2006 envisaged completion date.

The vacant 2413sqm of land, and vacant commercial building, has a 30-metre frontage to Ruthven Street and 30-metre frontage on Annand Street, and is south of the Quality Burke and Wills Motel.

Council’s senior planning officer, Paula Newman, will air concerns that the proposal does not completely satisfy the city’s planning scheme codes, but conditions can be imposed to meet compliance.

Ms Newman recommends approval subject to streetscape appearance, accessibility to car parking spaces, solar access and private open space for multiple dwelling units.

Councillors will vote today.
Old June 9th, 2005, 05:13 PM   #232
Danubis
i've changed my mind

Tower builder stays upbeat

By Susan Searle [email protected]

A BRISBANE developer remains confident he can meet most councillors’ concerns and still secure approval for his two-tower, 10-storey development, Argyle on Kitchener.

Andrew St Baker, of ERM Projects Pty Ltd, toyed with reconfigurations en route back to Brisbane after yesterday’s Committee of Council meeting.

"There is no way we can deliver this level of quality and amenity (on a par with any capital city) on this signature site without the proposed apartment and height yield," he said.

Councillors’ concerns included height, given the town plan’s eight-storey preference for that area, as well as site cover and landscaping.

They heard architects’ impressions featuring mature trees could not be fulfilled since trees would not survive in the restricted on-street area.

An excited Planning Committee chair Michele Alroe was confident the issues could be resolved.

"This is the sort of development we want to see," she said.

Lyle Shelton, Graham Barron and Keith Beer agreed Toowoomba had "come of age as a city". Mr St Baker will seek a deferral of the proposed preliminary approval so modified plans reducing the site cover and increasing the landscaping at ground level can be prepared.
Old June 15th, 2005, 05:08 AM   #233
Joe

Old June 15th, 2005, 05:08 PM   #234
Danubis
i've changed my mind

nice little skyline growing !! lovely.
Old June 17th, 2005, 12:54 PM   #235
Oriolus
OzScrapers Moderator

Likes (Received): 2357

Quote:
Councillors’ concerns included height, given the town plan’s eight-storey preference for that area, as well as site cover and landscaping.
What are the height limits in Toowoomba? The above suggests they vary but what's the maximum. Anyone have a map?

Visit me on flickr
Oriolus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2005, 07:42 AM   #236
Joe

10 storeys was the max last year but this year they have approved Garden City Tower which is 11 storeys. Will try and find a map
Old June 29th, 2005, 11:18 AM   #237
Danubis
i've changed my mind

All praise $13 million project

EVEN the lone opponent to a $13 million development, which includes the restoration of the old Church Of Christ church, last night agreed it was a good outcome.
The F.K. Gardner & Sons plan has the church in the foreground and a nine-storey residential, commercial and retail develop- ment at the rear.

Cr Sue Englart had resisted plans to penetrate the eastern wall of the building to allow access to a planned restaurant.

Last night Toowoomba City Council unanimously supported the revised plans for the project which incorporated an extra 15 car parks.
Old July 20th, 2005, 04:32 AM   #238
Danubis
i've changed my mind

Height still a sticking point in multi-storey units plan

By Susan Searle [email protected] AN AMENDED plan for multi-storey unit development Argyle on Kitchener, to be considered by Toowoomba City Council today, will satisfy most concerns.
However, Brisbane developers ERM Projects will persist in seeking to exceed the eight-storey height stipulated.

An application for two 10storey towers, on two allotments on the corner of Kitchener and Phillip streets, was considered by council last month.

Concerns about the height, site cover and landscaping were raised and the project was withdrawn before to the ordinary council meeting.

The revised plans provide for one tower, once of nine storeys, to be of eight storeys with a mezzanine level; and the other tower, once of 10 storeys, to be of nine storeys plus a mezzanine and rooftop facilities.
The site cover is now 44% after initially being 72%.

Building setbacks along Kitchener and Phillip streets have been increased to allow for more landscaping.

The initial plan offered 29 three-and four-bedroom units. This has been reduced to 27 three-bedroom units.

Council officers today will tell councillors that apart from the proposed height of the two buildings, the amended proposal generally satisfies the requirements of the planning scheme.

"Approval is recommended subject to a condition that the height of the buildings is no greater than eight storeys," the officers’ report states.

The Chronicle
Old July 20th, 2005, 06:21 AM   #239
Joe

heard that the developer is still trying for the 10 storey tower thou with foyer making it 40+m .... we need it... going to get some shots of trilogy tower tommorrow.... last i saw was a trench digger and another piece of machinery on site
Old July 20th, 2005, 07:47 AM   #240
Danubis
i've changed my mind

does every city in queensland have a project titled *trilogy* lol... wish people could think of more original names. something elvish would suffice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement