The Brexit Thread | Leaving the EU and its implications for London - Page 616 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > London Metro Area > Speakers' Corner

Speakers' Corner For London related discussion

View Poll Results: How will you vote on June 23?
Leave 30 27.78%
Leave but unlikely to vote 0 0%
Stay 68 62.96%
Stay but unlikely to vote 6 5.56%
Undecided but will vote 3 2.78%
Undecided and unlikely to vote 1 0.93%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 9th, 2019, 12:56 AM   #12301
Bowater

Likes (Received): 567

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarJoLe View Post
Just cancel the whole bloody thing.
Remainer unicorn.
Bowater no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 9th, 2019, 01:16 AM   #12302
geogregor

Likes (Received): 49697

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowater View Post
Remainer unicorn.
"Unicorn" indicates something rare and precious. I hope you didn't intend it as an insult
geogregor está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2019, 07:33 AM   #12303
Smarty

Likes (Received): 4432

Quote:
Remainer unicorn.
Increasing numbers of Brexiters say the same thing. Long time (since Maastricht) Brexit campaigner Adrian *****nd last night for example: (edit - why can't I post his name ?)

Markobhoy, Junt, djm160190 liked this post
Smarty no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 9th, 2019, 08:52 AM   #12304
Markobhoy

Likes (Received): 130

Quote:
Increase the minimum wage?

Thatís it? Should go well with their zero hour contracts and stinking working conditions. We will see what happens with workers rights that the EU maintains.
Markobhoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2019, 08:53 AM   #12305
Markobhoy

Quote:
Remainer unicorn.

National animal of Scotland.

#unicornswelcome
Old October 9th, 2019, 08:55 AM   #12306
Markobhoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
No surprise that Bojo proposes a withdrawal agreement that does not meet the EU's conditions based on the red lines which Mrs May established originally and which are fundamentally flawed both from an EU and UK perspective.

While the Northern Ireland backstop has received most attention, no doubt there are other areas of concern.

It appears that Bojo has little if any interest to explore alternate options for Brexit based on adjusted red lines so one assumes he will charge ahead unless stopped by Parliament.

Perhaps I am too pessimistic, and Bojo will request an extension by 19 October to reconsider the Brexit options and a new approach. Lets see.

He wants no deal. He stands to clean up if this happens. An absolute yank puppet.

Junt, openhaard liked this post
Old October 9th, 2019, 12:06 PM   #12307
Markobhoy

The Brexit Thread | Leaving the EU and its implications for London

Quote:
Increase the minimum wage?

IMG_2613.JPG

Really hope this gif works because it sums you and your lot up.
Old October 10th, 2019, 12:23 AM   #12308
Bowater

Likes (Received): 567

The level of conversation on here has plummeted to child like levels in the past month or so. Itís occurred with the arrival of new posters, and the departure of old ones. Itís all so banal.
Bowater no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2019, 12:25 AM   #12309
Markobhoy

Quote:
The level of conversation on here has plummeted to child like levels in the past month or so. Itís occurred with the arrival of new posters, and the departure of old ones. Itís all so banal.

Sorry to intrude in your high level lies, sorry, debate.
Old October 10th, 2019, 01:49 AM   #12310
dgero83

Likes (Received): 297

Quote:
I feel so good since I don't see Dusty fighting everyday with someone.
dgero83 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2019, 09:23 AM   #12311
openhaard
Highrise Runner

Likes (Received): 464

I think that when you look at the history of this thread, you can say that the discussion shifted from the economic side of Brexit (where the people who sought hard to find any pro argument basically left this site/thread) to the political side of. The latter being complete chaos as we can all see in the news, and the current state of the thread is therefore a projection of this? Fact remains that there are not so many people supporting Brexit anymore. Reality has sunk in. This by the way, has been stated already in the beginning of this thread
Dusty is probably enjoying Africa. Hopefully he reads a bit more on WO1 to come to a good understanding of the history of the 20th century.

Junt, dgero83 liked this post
openhaard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2019, 10:33 AM   #12312
Markobhoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by openhaard View Post
I think that when you look at the history of this thread, you can say that the discussion shifted from the economic side of Brexit (where the people who sought hard to find any pro argument basically left this site/thread) to the political side of. The latter being complete chaos as we can all see in the news, and the current state of the thread is therefore a projection of this? Fact remains that there are not so many people supporting Brexit anymore. Reality has sunk in. This by the way, has been stated already in the beginning of this thread
Dusty is probably enjoying Africa. Hopefully he reads a bit more on WO1 to come to a good understanding of the history of the 20th century.

Itís getting close to the edge now, so itís more towards the emotional than fiscal or political level.

I despise almost every one of our politicians. I believe they are generally self serving scum, and I believe thatís generally the case worldwide. Theyíre not politicians or leaders, theyíre shysters, snake oil salespeople and orators. Theyíre completely unfit for purpose and Parliament is nothing but an expensive pantomime.

If voting made a difference to how the country would be run, they would ban it. Democracy is an illusion. The entire political platform needs ripped apart and started from scratch, and instead of merely being run by economists, accountants and self serving parasites, heads of society and genuine chosen leaders should be appointed. Iíve had enough of the career politicians who have left university with the aims of becoming a politician, gaining a modicum of power, retiring on a parliamentary pension and disappearing into the sunset with a book to write and the imbeciles amongst us funding this, too.

openhaard liked this post
Old October 10th, 2019, 10:36 AM   #12313
Junt

Likes (Received): 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markobhoy View Post
Itís getting close to the edge now, so itís more towards the emotional than fiscal or political level.

I despise almost every one of our politicians. I believe they are generally self serving scum, and I believe thatís generally the case worldwide. Theyíre not politicians or leaders, theyíre shysters, snake oil salespeople and orators. Theyíre completely unfit for purpose and Parliament is nothing but an expensive pantomime.

If voting made a difference to how the country would be run, they would ban it. Democracy is an illusion. The entire political platform needs ripped apart and started from scratch, and instead of merely being run by economists, accountants and self serving parasites, heads of society and genuine chosen leaders should be appointed. Iíve had enough of the career politicians who have left university with the aims of becoming a politician, gaining a modicum of power, retiring on a parliamentary pension and disappearing into the sunset with a book to write and the imbeciles amongst us funding this, too.

Yeah 100% ... should probably have lots more democratic referendums as the last one is working out quite well 🤣 #brexitcluster****
Junt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2019, 10:39 AM   #12314
Markobhoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junt View Post
Yeah 100% ... should probably have lots more democratic referendums as the last one is working out quite well #brexitcluster****

Hahahaha!!!!! Sometimes nothing happening is better than stuff actually happening!
Old October 10th, 2019, 10:41 AM   #12315
Markobhoy

I donít know if there are many fellow fans of the post-punk, Mod revivalist band The Jam, or The Style Council, but my God, their material written in the 70ís and 80ís is probably more relevant today than then!

Paul Weller wasnít just a musical genius, he was also a prophet!
Old October 10th, 2019, 10:58 AM   #12316
geogregor

Likes (Received): 49697

Quote:
Originally Posted by openhaard View Post
I think that when you look at the history of this thread, you can say that the discussion shifted from the economic side of Brexit (where the people who sought hard to find any pro argument basically left this site/thread) to the political side of. The latter being complete chaos as we can all see in the news, and the current state of the thread is therefore a projection of this?
All true.

Also, how many times one can repeat the same points? Discussion here goes in circles, gradually loosing participants.

I'm not going to convince Bowater that Brexit is stupid thing, he is not going to convince me that it is good idea. I can just as well end serious participation.

Cheeky remark from time to time is the maximum effort I'm willing to make. Life is too short to spend too much time in this thread.

Unless of course I get bored in winter and change my mind
geogregor está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2019, 04:03 PM   #12317
dgero83

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogregor View Post
All true.

Also, how many times one can repeat the same points? Discussion here goes in circles, gradually loosing participants.

I'm not going to convince Bowater that Brexit is stupid thing, he is not going to convince me that it is good idea. I can just as well end serious participation.

Cheeky remark from time to time is the maximum effort I'm willing to make. Life is too short to spend too much time in this thread.

Unless of course I get bored in winter and change my mind
it's quite normal. people come, people go. Even dusty hare is coming back.

Last edited by dgero83; October 10th, 2019 at 04:09 PM.
Old October 11th, 2019, 10:55 AM   #12318
dgero83

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKBN1WQ0OR
Old October 11th, 2019, 01:32 PM   #12319
Dusty Hare

Likes (Received): 1727

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgero83 View Post
it's quite normal. people come, people go. Even dusty hare is coming back.
No I'm not.......oh sh*t, I just did. Doh!!

Anyway, glad to see the conversation really hasn't moved on or improved in my absence (not that it was great when I was part of the conversation tbh). My advice to everyone is: move on. Get your lives back.

openhaard, napowen liked this post
Dusty Hare no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2019, 02:20 PM   #12320
openhaard
Highrise Runner

Likes (Received): 464

True Dusty. But you can also say that we sincerely want to fight the state of the world we are now in, and of which Brexit is a sad part. A part, in my view also driven by the oil (fossil fuel) corruption, and the people that back it because they profit from it: Russia, Trumps' USA and so on. Because: can you imagine a world in which their money assets are actually transformed? They fight hard to make us locked into their world, no matter what the cost.

These people should be trialed. We all see the devastating effects of climate heating, and there is a relation with Brexit, breaking the EU means breaking the resistance of possibly the last civilised world.

Markobhoy, Dusty Hare liked this post
openhaard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
brexit