In Response to the "Three New Projects in Orlando" post. - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Orlando

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old October 11th, 2006, 11:46 AM   #1
Quegiebo
SoHo

Likes (Received): 29

In Response to the "Three New Projects in Orlando" post.

I chose to separate my response as I do not wish to continue the hijacking of that post from its original intent.

After reading the Three New Projects in Orlando thread a few times, it has really struck a nerve, so-much-so that I feel the need to comment in defense of the administrator's courage, and as a member from Tampa who sees our city, our region and its members being unnecessarily scapegoated.

I understand your frustration, Tim3167, as well as other members (especially from Orlando) who have grown tired of "he who feeds on the negativity" responses. It seems that you realize that you are doing exactly what he craves and he does it because you all take the bait. If you do not wish to read what he has to say, then why not just ignore his posts? There is so much more value here than just one member's comments or opinions. I think it's worth sticking around.

As I see it, some of the responses that I've read in reaction to his posts have resulted in negative replys towards Tampa as a whole. Is that fair to those of us in the Tampa area? I don't think so.

I haven't seen Orlando bashing as a general rule from those of us from your sister city, Tampa. In fact, I haven't seen any member here trying to stifle the Orlando members' responses or opinions; and the fact that many (as has been pointed out) from Orlando have chosen to move on or not to comment on this forum any longer have made a personal decision. I'd like to see them all come back, but that may require a thicker skin.

Short of the "he who feeds on the negativity" member, I challenge anyone to pull up five responses in the past year from those of us from the Tampa area that show disrespect towards the members from Orlando, let alone the city as a whole. In fact, I suggest that most of us over here on the west coast enjoy your city and wish nothing but success for all of you.

Personally, I happen to enjoy the Orlando area and I have a good time when I visit. The people, as a whole, are always very friendly and courteous. Maybe I've just been lucky, but that has always been my experience.

Here's what bothers me - it is when some get sucked into wanting the administrator to "ban" those who lack the social grace to offer constructive advice instead of personal vitriol. Such a simple response. And now it has come to, "let's just separate the Tampa forum from the mix." How sad. The members from Tampa choose to respond more regularly. So what? Others choose not to. It has a "blame Canada" kind of ring to it. Again, how sad.

I don't know Jason from Adam, nor any administrator of this site, but I respect the hell out of him for having the courage and the backbone to allow everyone to express themselves. It would be so much easier for him to play king. If that is the case, then why don't we just take a poll and ban anyone who a majority decide to ban?

It has become painfully obvious that somebody has "issues" and he doesn't hold back expressing his experiences. But shouldn't that be his right, no matter how sad or irritating it may be? Again, maybe we shouldn't take personal expressions or thoughts so seriously. I don't know. You should always challenge his facts, but shouldn't you also allow him to express himself? He is not threatening anyone or using profanity. Maybe I'm missing something...

How someone can hold an entire city responsible for the negative experiences that he endured while living there is beyond me; but then again, I'm not the brightest bulb under the lampshade, nor am I a psychologist.

Personally I respect the administrator's decision not to ban those some may find offensive or irritating. And I completely respect others who may disagree with my point of view. As I see it, it is much harder to allow expression than it is to ban that same expression.

Let me end my thoughts by expressing that I find the suggestion of separating the Tampa forum as a solution just as offensive and irritating as others find the member in question's responses. But I totally support your right to express your opinion to kick us aside.

As for the project in Orlando - I hope this enormous and important project works out and that it becomes a reality. As I see it, Orlando and her visitors (myself included) will reap the rewards from a successful outcome.

my
Quegiebo no está en línea  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 11th, 2006, 06:56 PM   #2
zerobullchip

Likes (Received): 6

Life isn't all puppy dogs and rainbows. It's not that I take joy soley in negativity, but I take great displeasure in people that do not live in reality. Orlando, from my life experience, seems to have a greater number of people that cannot smell their own feces than ANY place I have ever been. It's not personal. I am not talking about EVERYONE that lives in Orlando, but it does seem to be a top down issue. The thread in question is a classic example of repackaging something as something else. ...AKA Raymond James Stadium. Between the mayor's comments in the article and even the response of some posters, it is clear that while my point is unpopular and not delivered well, it is valid.
zerobullchip no está en línea  
Old October 11th, 2006, 08:35 PM   #3
Hisma

Likes (Received): 36

ugh
it's not even worth the effort posting news from orlando on this forum. I try to keep it updated in order to reach a different audience, but fact of the matter is that none of this should be necessary. We shouldn't have to ignore bullchips trolling, I guarantee in 90% of other forums his actions would not be tolerated.
I try, but the fact there is no relevent discussion on any orlando-based thread here, all while dealing with trolls... it's not even worth the effort.
I'm done repping orlando on this site. I'll still visit, but more in the form of a spectator.
Also, this isn't even the Florida forum, this is the Tampa forum. No need to deny it.
Hisma no está en línea  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 12th, 2006, 01:14 AM   #4
zerobullchip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisma View Post
ugh
it's not even worth the effort posting news from orlando on this forum. I try to keep it updated in order to reach a different audience, but fact of the matter is that none of this should be necessary. We shouldn't have to ignore bullchips trolling, I guarantee in 90% of other forums his actions would not be tolerated.
I try, but the fact there is no relevent discussion on any orlando-based thread here, all while dealing with trolls... it's not even worth the effort.
I'm done repping orlando on this site. I'll still visit, but more in the form of a spectator.
Also, this isn't even the Florida forum, this is the Tampa forum. No need to deny it.
Not trollling. It's not like I'm from Tampa. I just live here now. I don't get the whole "Orlando Thing." It's a nice place to visit, but it's just not my cup of tea.
Old October 13th, 2006, 08:06 AM   #5
multifamilyinvestor

Location: Orlando, FL (Yes, I have even done a lap in the Swan Boats!) / Tampa Bay, FL
Likes (Received): 3

Zero - Come on man! Just let them talk about their projects and be excited without raining on their parade.
multifamilyinvestor no está en línea  
Old October 13th, 2006, 08:21 PM   #6
zerobullchip

Quote:
Originally Posted by multifamilyinvestor View Post
Zero - Come on man! Just let them talk about their projects and be excited without raining on their parade.
I can roll with that. It's just a message board for heavens sake.
Old October 14th, 2006, 06:02 AM   #7
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Likes (Received): 993

Last edited by TampaMike; October 14th, 2006 at 05:25 PM.
TampaMike no está en línea  
Old October 15th, 2006, 07:27 AM   #8
jzquince69
jimmy

Likes (Received): 1786

What a joke.

There are three times as many posters from CFLA on a competing forum than there are Tampa posters on this one. And these posters represent members of major land developers, realty companies, city employees, county employees, and the like, not complete tools like zerobullchip. I can be just as bad, but I would actually use facts to put Tampa in its place; it wouldn't be too difficult. Tampa is an easy target.

Only a small minority of the ORL projects actually get posted over here b/c noone wants to waste their time.

It's not an issue of having thick skin; it's merely a matter of logic: you stick with the forum that gets you the info, not the one that wastes your time with worthless beotch commentary. That's why they created the Miami subforum in the first place. I was here when they did it.
jzquince69 no está en línea  
Old October 15th, 2006, 03:59 PM   #9
Quegiebo
SoHo

Likes (Received): 29

Wow!

seems you've got the beotch commentary down to an art form and thank you so much for putting Tampa in its place. We're all just bunch of losers over here.

just curious though, jz - if this forum is such a waste of your time, then what brings you back over and over and over again? Just curious...

Last edited by Quegiebo; October 15th, 2006 at 04:22 PM.
Quegiebo no está en línea  
Old October 16th, 2006, 12:20 AM   #10
orlandonative

Likes (Received): 33

Can we please quit feeding the stray animals. This is f*ing ridiculous. Mods should be ashamed of themselves. If Tampa were to announce today a billion dollars worth of civic development there is not a single person on here from Orlando that would call it a bad thing. Whether it be here or on the other site. We would be happy for you, probably talk about it for a day, and then we would move on. Too much being proposed/built here to take the time out.

Zerobullchip, some advice for you. Go back to your parents now don't even wait, sit them down and tell them how mad you are that they didn't show you enough love and attention as a child. You know like maybe they didn't hug you enough, those types of things. Quit taking it out on us. I've read your post, your clearly intelligent enough to differentiate the opinion of the couple of people in Orlando that you met from the other two million. You just choose not to because there's no attention in that.
orlandonative no está en línea  
Old October 16th, 2006, 01:53 AM   #11
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Likes (Received): 993

I love both cities!
Old October 16th, 2006, 02:16 AM   #12
I-275westcoastfl

Likes (Received): 801

People who boast about their own city and insult other people's city are idiots. Unless you are defending your city from a stupid post there is no reason for it. Also some people need to lighten up some people say they dont like a project because wel lthey really dont like it its nothing with the city. Then there are others who wont like every project from a city, it happens unless its really insulting dont bother with a long arguement on how the city they are from sucks.

I like Tampa because of its gritiness and dowtown and I think Orlando is really nice and there are many nice developments over there, i have ads for The Blue Rose condos coming in the mail every two weeks. Point is people just stop boasting city pride bullshit unless its in a thread about your city. If you are in a different city thread make a productive reply, read it, or leave it, its that simple! This isnt breaking news but we should learn to get along with each other because we are very close metro's and one day we might even be connected. So please people get along already, ignore the idiots, it makes you look better!
I-275westcoastfl no está en línea  
Old October 16th, 2006, 02:36 AM   #13
FLscraper

Likes (Received): 0

Okay I wasn't going to say anything until a few members couldn't keep their mouths shut so now I'm just going to be brutally honest, I'm not from Tampa and I'm not from Orlando but I visit both often so now I'll voice my opinion.

Tampa puts MickeyMouseville to shame in just about every aspect, culture, downtown, airport, people, beaches. (Oh right, Orlando doesn't have any)

I noticed some remarks Dale Mabry, should I even get started on the trashy inbred redneck white trash areas of Mousetown?

Not everything is bad about Orlando, I enjoy my stays most of the time, but I don't think anyone outside of Orlando will take it for more than a Disney World tourist spot, it just wont ever have a real city image like Tampa does.
FLscraper no está en línea  
Old October 16th, 2006, 02:43 AM   #14
I-275westcoastfl

Likes (Received): 801

This thread just went left, seriously flscraper was that necessary?
I-275westcoastfl no está en línea  
Old October 16th, 2006, 02:56 AM   #15
FLscraper

Likes (Received): 0

^ I was going to keep my mouth shut but some members unfairly attacked Tampa on subjects they have no room to speak. Zerobullchip made some unnecessary comments but the rest of the Tampa members kept their mouths shut while a few Orlando members had open season on Tampa.
FLscraper no está en línea  
Old October 16th, 2006, 02:58 AM   #16
FloridaFuture

Likes (Received): 5246

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-275westcoastfl View Post
This thread just went left, seriously flscraper was that necessary?

Naw its twice as bad now. Its spread into two different threads.

Last edited by FloridaFuture; October 16th, 2006 at 03:04 AM.
FloridaFuture no está en línea  
Old October 16th, 2006, 03:06 AM   #17
Tim3167

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLscraper View Post
^ I was going to keep my mouth shut but some members unfairly attacked Tampa on subjects they have no room to speak. Zerobullchip made some unnecessary comments but the rest of the Tampa members kept their mouths shut while a few Orlando members had open season on Tampa.
I've scanned both threads and I don't see any attacks on Tampa so maybe you should have followed your first instinct.
Tim3167 no está en línea  
Old October 16th, 2006, 03:22 AM   #18
smiley

Likes (Received): 612

Well children, we are back where we started. The actual original intent of this thread seemed pretty reasonable. I actually prefer to ignore most of this squabbling and ZBC because all his posts are the same.

I have said many things insulting to both Tampa and Orlando - as everyone knows.

Tim3167, I think post #8 above qualifies as attacking Tampa - I am not going to say what the actual intent was but reading it without knowing what the intent was looks like attacking Tampa - in a round about way.

ZBullChip is always attacking Orlando - rather than providing criticism of this project or that or planning - such critiquing I think is fair game.

In any event, that which is obvious is obvious and those who do not see the obvious cannot be helped. - and that goes for everyone.
I contain multitudes.

I don't pretend 'cause I don't care.
smiley no está en línea  
Old October 16th, 2006, 03:34 AM   #19
Hisma

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLscraper View Post
Okay I wasn't going to say anything until a few members couldn't keep their mouths shut so now I'm just going to be brutally honest, I'm not from Tampa and I'm not from Orlando but I visit both often so now I'll voice my opinion.
[random babbling]
opinions are like *******s...
Hisma no está en línea  
Old October 16th, 2006, 04:51 AM   #20
zerobullchip

Removed. Don't surf the web drunk.

Last edited by zerobullchip; October 16th, 2006 at 07:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread