NOTTINGHAM | Full Summary of Projects - Page 320 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > East Midlands > Nottingham and Nottinghamshire

Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Proposals, Construction and Completed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 4th, 2019, 09:46 AM   #6381
sparkrs

Likes (Received): 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben77 View Post
I just can't understand why all sellers of food and drinks "on the go" don't get an adiitional tax per item.. This is something councils didn't have to deal with 20 years ago but now spend £100's of millions a year on across the country.. Why should my taxes go to clean up after some moron chucking shit down his throat and then the packaging on the floor and then have to pay for his medical fee's later in life becuase he's not looked after himself.. All the time business makes money and pays no more taxes than ones that don't create a shit load of pollution.. Honestly litter is an indicator of the mess we're in..
Because taxes would then be added to the price of the food and we would all moan then that your 99p cheeseburger now costs £1.49
sparkrs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 4th, 2019, 11:10 AM   #6382
kevjs1982

Likes (Received): 895

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkrs View Post
Because taxes would then be added to the price of the food and we would all moan then that your 99p cheeseburger now costs £1.49
Refundable Fast Food Bins... Put your cheeseburger wrapper in and get 50p back....

BerlinerBär liked this post
kevjs1982 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2019, 11:34 AM   #6383
sparkrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevjs1982 View Post
Refundable Fast Food Bins... Put your cheeseburger wrapper in and get 50p back....
Something like that would work, and bring back plastic straws!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 4th, 2019, 06:06 PM   #6384
ben77

Likes (Received): 726

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingChowChi View Post
I use to work at the McDonnalds on Clumber Street, back in the 90's, I've had to go on 'pick up duty' so litter was an issue back then as well. You use to get teenagers just chucking stuff on the floor when they saw you walking near them just so you would have to pick it up....scumbags where around in the 90's as well.
Trouble is there are now 10 x the amount of places just can get food "on the go".

PingChowChi liked this post
ben77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2019, 06:11 PM   #6385
ben77

Quote:
Kills two birds with one stone considering obeseity is now the biggest cause of cancer than smoking, drinking etc.. Can't believe we're all sat here watching it happen.. Its absolutley crazy the kicking that alchol and smoking get yet poor diet and high fat processed foods are being shoved down everyones throats and then all the plastic packaging is being either chucked on the street or transported half way round the world and burnt next to a pristine rainforest! Its actually to crazy to believe it happens!
Old July 5th, 2019, 02:58 PM   #6386
sparkrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben77 View Post
Kills two birds with one stone considering obeseity is now the biggest cause of cancer than smoking, drinking etc.. Can't believe we're all sat here watching it happen.. Its absolutley crazy the kicking that alchol and smoking get yet poor diet and high fat processed foods are being shoved down everyones throats and then all the plastic packaging is being either chucked on the street or transported half way round the world and burnt next to a pristine rainforest! Its actually to crazy to believe it happens!
Maybe but being taxed to eat something which i personally can control the amount i have and how often is not the way to solve obesity
Old July 6th, 2019, 11:01 AM   #6387
ben77

Quote:
Maybe but being taxed to eat something which i personally can control the amount i have and how often is not the way to solve obesity
So should we remove the tax on cigarettes and alcohol?
Old July 10th, 2019, 06:41 AM   #6388
sparkrs

Well again it comes down to the individual, but then its easy to make a case that its unhealthy and therefore you'll be taxed more, its a cover to raise revenue really
Old July 10th, 2019, 02:29 PM   #6389
ben77

I think where i'm coming from is that certain foods/ types off retailers have identifiable negative effects on society (both from a health and a pollution persepctive). These particular retailers and the companies that supply them have boomed over the last 20 years with society and the environment paying a heavy cost. This needs to be addressed and taxing in some form or another seems the only immediate way to do this..
Old July 11th, 2019, 12:42 PM   #6390
goosewing

Likes (Received): 197

I feel like this would be a topic better taken to the sky bar rather than the summary of projects thread...
goosewing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 10:47 AM   #6391
kevjs1982

Another student block is imminently due to start construction on Castle Blvd (near Sofa Workshop). https://www.transportnottingham.com/...tle-boulevard/ Barriers we being put out this morning.

iamtheSTIG, Daviegraham liked this post
kevjs1982 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 10:57 AM   #6392
iamtheSTIG

Likes (Received): 7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevjs1982 View Post
Another student block is imminently due to start construction on Castle Blvd (near Sofa Workshop). https://www.transportnottingham.com/...tle-boulevard/ Barriers we being put out this morning.
Must be for this development:

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=2000862

kevjs1982 liked this post
iamtheSTIG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2019, 12:05 PM   #6393
kevjs1982

The redvelopment of the St Mary's Gate town house is slowly plodding on

New Roof now visible

Old July 14th, 2019, 04:22 PM   #6394
Friars

Likes (Received): 16

any one no wats append to guildhall. no news for months we was told full plan app by may but nothing
Friars no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2019, 12:19 PM   #6395
blades_lad
Like a glove

Likes (Received): 88

Has anyone seen or heard anything about these plans for more student accomodation in Radford?

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/...adford-3103745

iamtheSTIG liked this post
blades_lad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2019, 12:39 PM   #6396
iamtheSTIG

Likes (Received): 7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by blades_lad View Post
Has anyone seen or heard anything about these plans for more student accomodation in Radford?

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/...adford-3103745
I reported on this on Twitter back in early march, can't remember if i posted about it on here or not though:

https://twitter.com/urbinfonotts/sta...041546752?s=19
iamtheSTIG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2019, 05:07 PM   #6397
adamlewis

Likes (Received): 0

New home in Underwood, West Nottingham

John Morris Architects worked closely with this client to deliver a proposal for the design of a new plot in Underwood, Nottingham.
Old August 3rd, 2019, 10:10 AM   #6398
djfusion777

Likes (Received): 796

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlewis View Post
John Morris Architects worked closely with this client to deliver a proposal for the design of a new plot in Underwood, Nottingham.
Nice pad! Might want to give some more information though. Are they going ahead with the proposal?

You'll probably get some stick on here, but I like big detached properties (shoot me!)
djfusion777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2019, 12:38 AM   #6399
RobinHood18

Likes (Received): 259

Not sure if it has a thread yet, but the old gala bingo building is well on its way to being demolished. The roof's mostly gone and they'll soon be moving onto taking apart the 1st floor

iamtheSTIG liked this post
RobinHood18 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2019, 12:53 AM   #6400
RobinHood18

Likes (Received): 259

And the city council is finally starting to show some gumption as "more digital advertising screens" are set to come to Nottingham

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/...-could-3177072
RobinHood18 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
development summary