RIVER OF LIFE KUALA LUMPUR DEVELOPMENTS | General News, Pictures & Updates - Page 57 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Countdown to 2020

Countdown to 2020 new projects, proposals, under-construction updates and news of developments & construction projects.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 10th, 2016, 10:57 AM   #1121
dengilo

Likes (Received): 2007

Kedai besi burok Maniam somewhere in Selayang.
dengilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 10th, 2016, 10:59 AM   #1122
dengilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourgandy View Post
Whatever it is, we still copy those design from Medina. and it is sucks to have the lovely view of our Masjid Jamek to be spoilt with those umbrellas.

I think Mughal+Malay style umbrella fits in well over there juxtaposing with the masjid architectural style. I can assure you that malaysian critical thinking in design is not as critical like those westerners/europeans.

Ironically that mosque was design by a mat salleh

atmapgnew liked this post
Old October 10th, 2016, 11:51 AM   #1123
byong_sun

Likes (Received): 1194

Ironically umbrella was designed by the Chinese.

dengilo liked this post
byong_sun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2016, 03:34 PM   #1124
atmapgnew

Likes (Received): 2793

Ironically the Dome (Pantheon) & Arches (Aqueducts) were 'perfected' by the Romans hehehe !!!

Zawawi liked this post
atmapgnew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2016, 04:00 PM   #1125
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 2164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourgandy View Post
Whatever it is, we still copy those design from Medina. and it is sucks to have the lovely view of our Masjid Jamek to be spoilt with those umbrellas.

I think Mughal+Malay style umbrella fits in well over there juxtaposing with the masjid architectural style. I can assure you that malaysian critical thinking in design is not as critical like those westerners/europeans.
there's used to be a office building at the entrance and are still below a mega lrt station, while the river views is behind backlane. there's isn't a "lovely" views of masjid jamek for a very long time.

dengilo liked this post
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2016, 05:06 PM   #1126
daeng_jal

Quote:
Originally Posted by byong_sun View Post

when u design something and ensure for it last long condition,its normal and yes there are always unexpected risks but very unlikely,unless again,if u hired unprofessional ppl to desgn it.what has become a problem with this umbrella thing is that we all know it wont last long.it is ridiculously decided by a head of authority who only finding ways to spend money.how much money does these umbrella need for maintenance?how much are these umbrellas to start with?why cant just build something that more effective?u said these umbrellas are for the Jemaah during the Friday prayer.theres a big gap between the umbrellas and the Mesjid.what happened when theres a rain?as u know saf must be continuous.the umbrellas are also so tall,definitely cant curb heavy rain from reaching the Jemaah.so how does this works?if let say the umbrellas arent meant for the Jemaah,since its far away from practicality,then it must be for decoration.probably a small park.still doesnt make sense when they can build something concrete that can last longer with minimal cost for maintenance and yet they decided to build an over cost-temporary quality-copycat design umbrellas that need more money for maintenance.
the whole argument pretty much an assumption against whatever unprofessional people you'll imagine there is and pretty much intended to hentam that's imaginary persons thus avoided the very mention of AECOM which supposedly run the show.

concrete isn't that long lasting particularly here where heavy rains is the norms, it will leaks, if it's too short then there's no view of the mosque, if it's a tree or giant tree it won't protect people from sun or rain fully, if it's an extension that the original building is no more. if it's isn't half transparent then it would be dark, if nothing is there with a big square they still need to assemble and dismantle them store makeshift khemah every weeks.

anyway, what do you guys wants? an example will be nice. remember the constraints. 1st it's a mosque and has to work as a mosque effectively. 2nd it's a historical landmark that needs to be preserved. 3rd it's a tourist attraction so it's need to be comfy for visitors who has to sit outside as somehow they aren't allowed to enter.

personally, me thinks people having trouble is because this things is little less tacky and wee but tastseful that usual DBKL jobs like petaling streets or 2 headed light poles thus are disappointed as it didn't go the extra step by exceeding our expectations to get a mindblowing "wow".
Old October 11th, 2016, 01:45 AM   #1127
dengilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeng_jal View Post
there's used to be a office building at the entrance and are still below a mega lrt station, while the river views is behind backlane. there's isn't a "lovely" views of masjid jamek for a very long time.
I was thinking they were be putting in a new access to the dataran area.Perfect i thought!!Then this!.Thru the years i was never impressed with any of the new add ons .
I would seriously move some of the non essential structures underground/basement.
Only a beautiful landscaping with a few shady trees will enhance the appearance of this beautiful mosque.

byong_sun liked this post
Old October 11th, 2016, 02:10 AM   #1128
atmapgnew

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengilo View Post
I was thinking they were be putting in a new access to the dataran area.Perfect i thought!!Then this!.Thru the years i was never impressed with any of the new add ons .
I would seriously move some of the non essential structures underground/basement.
Only a beautiful landscaping with a few shady trees will enhance the appearance of this beautiful mosque.

Me think this is what 'they' (designer/client/authority/etc....) are trying to achieve with these 'umbrellas/palm-like' structures - whether it's successful or not is to one's opinion lor hehehe !!!
Old October 11th, 2016, 02:37 AM   #1129
byong_sun

Quote:
the whole argument pretty much an assumption against whatever unprofessional people you'll imagine there is and pretty much intended to hentam that's imaginary persons thus avoided the very mention of AECOM which supposedly run the show.
AECOM does not have a power to tell the minister to put umbrellas there in the first place.AECOM dont get to tell the Mesjid committee that the Mesjid need to go for a refurbishment.AECOM dont get to give a slight idea of how to give what budget on what project when it comes to a Mesjid particularly this Mesjid Jamek.

Quote:
concrete isn't that long lasting particularly here where heavy rains is the norms,
so canvas last longer?which concrete structure doesnt last long due to heavy rains?give me an example to support ur ridiculous statement.

Quote:
it will leaks,
is your house leaking?dont tell me ur house in not a concrete house.

Quote:
if it's too short then there's no view of the mosque,
view for who?prayers dont need to look at the Mesjid.for the tourists?tourist can move to other angle to get better view.so view for who?

Quote:
if it's a tree or giant tree it won't protect people from sun or rain fully, if it's an extension that the original building is no more. if it's isn't half transparent then it would be dark, if nothing is there with a big square they still need to assemble and dismantle them store makeshift khemah every weeks.
this is a Mesjid.Mesjid is a place to pray.why bullshitting around about tree,original building and darkness?beribu Mesjid di Malaysia diextend dgn concrete sampai sekarang boleh guna kenapa yg ni kena guna payung?apa ko melalut dgn pokok,khemah,gelap semua ni DJ bugis?ni kan Rumah Ibadat.yg penting Jemaah Mesjid.kalau payung2 mengarut tu boleh buat Jemaah solat dgn selesa,tarak masaalah.masaalahnya payung2 tu tak practical.ko pun tau.saf akan putus.hujan akan kena jemaah.apa yg ko mabuk sgt nak sokong G sampai benda cam ni pun ko nak pusing2 cakap?

Quote:
anyway, what do you guys wants?
TRANSPARENCY la bugis!apasal tak paham2 lagi nih!

Quote:
an example will be nice.
ada beribu Mesjid di Malaysia yg diextend.ko pilih mana2 example ko suka untuk be nice!

Quote:
remember the constraints. 1st it's a mosque and has to work as a mosque effectively.
and those umbrellas work?

Quote:
2nd it's a historical landmark that needs to be preserved.
and those umbrellas can last how long?preservation means maintenance right?and that involving money right?

Quote:
3rd it's a tourist attraction so it's need to be comfy for visitors who has to sit outside as somehow they aren't allowed to enter.
so nak bina Mesjid mesti wajib nak kena ada tempat utk tourist kalau depa tak boleh masuk?Hadith mana cakap ni?ni Mesjid.tempat ummat Islam Solat.kau jgn campur adukan benda2 yg tak ada kena mengena dgn Ibadah.

Quote:
personally, me thinks
u know what,ur opinion entirely biased.u r too political.

Quote:
people having trouble is because this things is little less tacky
little less tacky?less tacky?is this bugis guy serious?

Quote:
and wee but tastseful that usual DBKL jobs like petaling streets or 2 headed light poles thus are disappointed as it didn't go the extra step by exceeding our expectations to get a mindblowing "wow".
as usual,u will derailing the main topic so that u can save the ppl u love.DJ,sometimes i wonder why r u still behind the monitor typing all these crap coz there r not many ppl in this forum.u should go out,register as a candidate and join the election.talk to as many ppl as u can.u can bullshitting the rakyat in a larger audience.

Last edited by byong_sun; October 11th, 2016 at 02:43 AM.
Old October 11th, 2016, 02:48 AM   #1130
byong_sun

Quote:
this what non bias normal ppl talk.its RATIONAL.

im gonna get high blood pressure when biased ppl open their mouth.
Old October 11th, 2016, 06:47 AM   #1131
ejatidiaz

Likes (Received): 738

I actually like this umbrella. In fact, I really like it that they copy from the Medina. Probably that's just me.

azey liked this post
ejatidiaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2016, 07:14 AM   #1132
al-numbers

Likes (Received): 1897

Yeah. I think we're among the few here who think it's a good idea. With some local alterations, it can work.

azey liked this post
al-numbers no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2016, 07:22 AM   #1133
atmapgnew

I love that 'overhang' above the river more lor - gives more space to the outside of the mosque hahaha !!!
Old October 11th, 2016, 07:35 AM   #1134
dengilo

If they eventually rise the water level in that "longkang "
Then its brilliant .if not i thinks it will look really silly.

weis23 liked this post
Old October 11th, 2016, 07:45 AM   #1135
byong_sun

every one has right to like or not to like to any project.thats normal.what is not normal is when some one mumbling about ridiculous statement just to be bias.now bias can also be normal,but pls have some logical information that related to the main point.
Old October 11th, 2016, 09:38 AM   #1136
atmapgnew

Quote:
If they eventually rise the water level in that "longkang "
Then its brilliant .if not i thinks it will look really silly.

If not mistaken, it's in the plans to raise the water level by building a WEIR (small overflow-type dam) a bit further downstream from the mosque !!!
Old October 16th, 2016, 11:49 AM   #1137
AZ_7

Likes (Received): 200

Just pusing2 around KL city centre and by pass Dataran Merdeka today, massive contructions around KL and nearby SAS building. A lot of tourists taking picture at dataran although its rain, surelly they need to come back after the project completed & get a nice picture of sultan Abdul samad building & masjid jamek.
AZ_7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2016, 11:15 PM   #1138
daeng_jal

Quote:
Originally Posted by byong_sun View Post
this what non bias normal ppl talk.its RATIONAL.

im gonna get high blood pressure when biased ppl open their mouth.
Off course you'll get a high blood pressure
It's scientifically and theological logical.

How anger ruins your health
http://www.everydayhealth.com/news/w...g-your-health/

That's why The prophet allegedly had said that "the strongest among you isn't a good wrestler, rather the strong person is the one who can control their anger".

Personally I don't really get anger. Anger is a response to hates, hates is the feeling to destroy the source of unhappiness, unhappiness is due to dissonance between perception/wants with reality.

Anyway, I don't mind the accusations being thrown In. It's just a very human things to do as your brain trying to make sense of everything.

So the logic goes. Everyone who is "real" hates the umbrella. That guy like the umbrella so that guy must be biased. The only reason someone become biased is because he's on BN payrolls thus he should get out and stand for election to bullshit people more because BN bullshit people so this guy too is bullshitting people.

And if you must know, I'm here to be free. There's is no physical needs related to own survival and self interest when conversing in the Internet. I don't need to be polite, to vent frustration, influenced people to sells them stuff. It's just a physiological needs to converse, to be spoonfeed facts from another (because books are boring), to be told how some of my perspectives and believe are wrong. So that I can make sense of the world. It's just a very fun things to do at night.

Old October 20th, 2016, 01:37 AM   #1139
byong_sun

Quote:
Off course you'll get a high blood pressure
It's scientifically and theological logical.
bro,dont talk about blood pressure when u ur self a bad tempered person.

Quote:
That's why The prophet allegedly had said that "the strongest among you isn't a good wrestler, rather the strong person is the one who can control their anger".
derailing from the topic as usual.this is what u very good at.bro,why dont u tell me what Islam say about kaki bodek like u.

Quote:
Personally I don't really get anger.

Quote:
Anger is a response to hates, hates is the feeling to destroy the source of unhappiness, unhappiness is due to dissonance between perception/wants with reality.
no bro,i dont hate u,i just hate the ppl u r supporting and bodeking.and guess what,im not alone in this country.there are millions like me so careful when u labeling us such as above.

Quote:
Anyway, I don't mind the accusations being thrown In. It's just a very human things to do as your brain trying to make sense of everything.
hahahaha.bro,when ever u open ur mind,its UMNO coming out of it.thats not normal bro.not normal at all.

Quote:
So the logic goes. Everyone who is "real" hates the umbrella.
who hates the umbrellas?nobody hates it.we only questioning the rational of it regarding cost and creativity.be logical bro.

Quote:
That guy like the umbrella so that guy must be biased.
nope.the guy who defending any wrong doings by the gov officials is biased.

Quote:
The only reason someone become biased is because he's on BN payrolls thus he should get out and stand for election to bullshit people more because BN bullshit people so this guy too is bullshitting people.
yup.u r full of that.probably u r not paid to bodek who ever u r bodeking.but u r a bugis.the guy with funny looking wife also a bugis.go figure.

Quote:
And if you must know, I'm here to be free.
free to defend gov officials.

Quote:
There's is no physical needs related to own survival and self interest when conversing in the Internet. I don't need to be polite, to vent frustration, influenced people to sells them stuff. It's just a physiological needs to converse, to be spoonfeed facts from another (because books are boring), to be told how some of my perspectives and believe are wrong. So that I can make sense of the world. It's just a very fun things to do at night.
irrelevant.but u do show some anger here
Old October 20th, 2016, 02:58 AM   #1140
atmapgnew

Guys, guys, this is way getting off-topic - cool down lah both Bros !!!

Zawawi liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
kuala lumpur